Ketogenic Diet - Powerful Dietary Strategy for Certain Conditions

Re: Going cold Turkey ok? No gluten, no dairy, no carbs.

mugatea said:
Thanks for the comments. My betaine came today and I've just taken 3 just before I had a large sirloim steak and some homemade Aioli (which is horrible). Im now on my fat bomb and hope i keep it down better than the last one! Had a bit of an appetite when I came home from work - first time this week.

So today I had two pork belly chops for breaky, 1 for lunch and a sirloin with aioli and some fat bomb. This works out roughly at 70g protien and 140 grams fat with little to zero carbs. I think that will be for the day.

Sounds to me like you are not measuring your protein correctly and are getting too much. How did you get the 70g of protein figure? Did you weigh the meat?

The meats are pre-packed and weighed. The belly chops were very small. Your comment worried me as I thought I had done well so I've just finished off my fat bomb taking my fat to 230g today.

mugatea said:
The meats are pre-packed and weighed. The belly chops were very small. Your comment worried me as I thought I had done well so I've just finished off my fat bomb taking my fat to 230g today.

Well, you did say "large sirloin steak".

yeah, sorry. It was large compared to the meat I have been eating.

I'm just home for lunch, first meal of the day. I really fancy some boiled eggs, chopped in a mug with butter for dinner. So far it's just egg yolks I've been eating but I think egg whites are ok if you can handle it. How do I know if I can eat them or not? Discomfort? Acid reflux?

Back later

Jamie

mugatea said:
So far it's just egg yolks I've been eating but I think egg whites are ok if you can handle it. How do I know if I can eat them or not? Discomfort? Acid reflux?

Yeah, those symptoms and anything out of the ordinary. If you're not sure, then you may have not been "clean" for long enough, having eliminated all the trigger foods for some months. For me egg whites give me inflammation, a sort of mild burning sensation especially in my ears.

You may also want to exclude shampoo, soap and other products that have ingredients with gluten. Gluten can also get into your body through skin.

_http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/GlutenFreePersonalCareProducts/a/Gluten-In-Shampoo.htm

Ah ok thanks. I'll just keep it simple for the time being. Today I had some bacon for lunch - no breaky. Then at dinner two small tins of mackerel. Now I'm gonna have a bit of fat bomb and that'll be me. I dont want to eat anymore. Hope this passes.

Getting used to the fat intake definitely takes some time and the digestive support (HCl and bile) are a must at first. You will get used to the amount of fat needed over time, but may run into some digestive issues until your body makes the transition. It sounds like you're doing well, though, overall.

Added: I found peppermint tea worked well to mitigate nausea when I surpassed my body's ability to handle fat. Some people do better on ginger tea. Worth a try if you overdo it.

Peppermint and ginger tea are both good, but watch the ginger. It can cause its own brand of discomfort if you overdo it. I did once, and it wasn't fun. :/ Maybe alternate them? In any case, congrats on getting going. You're going to feel so much better, you will be amazed :thup:

If you read the Ketogenic Diet thread you will know why you need to eliminate eggs until your gut is healed.

I'm going to merge this thread with that thread in the morning so when you look for it, that is where it will be.

Laura said:
If you read the Ketogenic Diet thread you will know why you need to eliminate eggs until your gut is healed.

I'm going to merge this thread with that thread in the morning so when you look for it, that is where it will be.

Threads merged.

mugatea, it is a long thread, but if you go slowly you will finish reading it faster than you imagine. Because you are doing the changes right now, most of what you read you will relate to and it will help you understand the changes better and how your body adjusts as you go through it. Most of the posts are about personal stories and questions similar to yours.

Re: Ketogenic Diet - Path To Transformation?

Thanks I'm about 1/4 of the way through. Quite good reading about people as they start.

I'm currently on page 80 of this thread so apologies if the questions I'm about to ask are already in the thread.

After eating a largish fatty meal I get so tired. I've just woken up after a large bone broth and yesterday after my fat bomb I had anotehr snooze on the chair after eating that as well. Is this normal or at least normal to begin with?

Every morning my mouth is so dry, takes hours for it to go away regardless how much I drink. Normal?

Just to point out, not am I just starting keto, I've also stopped gluten and dairy at the same time.

mugatea said:
I'm currently on page 80 of this thread so apologies if the questions I'm about to ask are already in the thread.

After eating a largish fatty meal I get so tired. I've just woken up after a large bone broth and yesterday after my fat bomb I had anotehr snooze on the chair after eating that as well. Is this normal or at least normal to begin with?

Every morning my mouth is so dry, takes hours for it to go away regardless how much I drink. Normal?

Just to point out, not am I just starting keto, I've also stopped gluten and dairy at the same time.

I went through this when I first started transitioning, too - tiredness, unquenchable dry mouth. I think it's a symptom of your body being overwhelmed by more fat than it can handle. Digestive support supplements help a great deal in this. Are you taking bile and HCl at this point? You may need to take more.

Back
Top Bottom