Ketogenic Diet - Powerful Dietary Strategy for Certain Conditions

Re: Ketogenic Diet - Path To Transformation?

There's a bunch more, but I've got other things to do right this minute and this should keep ya busy for awhile!

Below area the links to all the articles we've been reading, except from those already linked to by Laura. In chronological order:

The Nervous System and Metabolic Dysregulation: Emerging Evidence Converges on Ketogenic Diet Therapy
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3312079/

Decline in Mitochondrial Bioenergetics and Shift to Ketogenic Profile in Brain During Reproductive Senescence
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3200365/?tool=pmcentrez

Resistance training in overweight women on a ketogenic diet conserved lean body mass while reducing body fat
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2845587/?tool=pmcentrez

Nutrition, epigenetics, and developmental plasticity: implications for understanding human disease.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20415585

Reduced Pain and Inflammation in Juvenile and Adult Rats Fed a Ketogenic Diet
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2796387/?tool=pubmed

A very low carbohydrate ketogenic diet improves glucose tolerance in ob/ob mice independently of weight loss
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2781352/

Schizophrenia, gluten, and low-carbohydrate, ketogenic diets: a case report and review of the literature
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2652467/?tool=pmcentrez

Ketogenic Ratio, Calories and Fluids: Do They Matter?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2656445/?tool=pmcentrez

Effects of a high-protein ketogenic diet on hunger, appetite, and weight loss in obese men feeding ad libitum.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18175736

The ketogenic diet: from molecular mechanisms to clinical effects.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16523530

Neuroprotective and disease-modifying effects of the ketogenic diet
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2367001/

Ketogenic diets and physical performance
http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/1/1/2/

Long-term effects of a ketogenic diet in obese patients
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/?tool=pmcentrez

It has been a fascinating read so far. I'd like to second Laura about the importance of reading all this with a grain of salt. You can see how biased and "unscientific" some of these papers are. (I left out two which were plain garbage.) But once in a while, they provide some data that could be a piece of the puzzle.

This NCBI website has about 400 papers on the Ketogenic diet, so you can all look for some more. I've got about 20 on my to-read list.

Laura said:
What struck me as I was reading all this material is this: what if the "ascension process" much touted in esoterica is exactly this: figuring out how to heal and activate DNA? What if, by these studies and experiments, we manage to activate/accelerate "soul seating" capacity and "receivership capability"??? What if this is part of "it's not where you are, but who you are and what you see"? Perhaps, by aligning with our paleolithic ancestors who painted caves and decorated the earth with megaliths, and restoring our DNA to that more similar to theirs, we might acquire, along the way, some of their abilities?

Very interesting!!

It's as if all the esoteric concepts could, in the end, also be explained in more concrete terms. All our recent research on Coginitive Science and EE adds a new explanation to the importance of the network and the need to work on oneself, how big the lies to the self are, and how much physical stress and toxicity/inflammation not working toward seeing reality can generate. So, when the psychological work is combined with the proper diet and physical healing (and we know they go hand in hand, and that both are necessary in parallel), what can that do to our bodies, and therefore, our "receivership capability"?

Learning gets more "fun" each time. ;)

Ailen
Quote from: Laura on Today at 02:06:32 AM

What struck me as I was reading all this material is this: what if the "ascension process" much touted in esoterica is exactly this: figuring out how to heal and activate DNA? What if, by these studies and experiments, we manage to activate/accelerate "soul seating" capacity and "receivership capability"??? What if this is part of "it's not where you are, but who you are and what you see"? Perhaps, by aligning with our paleolithic ancestors who painted caves and decorated the earth with megaliths, and restoring our DNA to that more similar to theirs, we might acquire, along the way, some of their abilities?

Very interesting!!

It's as if all the esoteric concepts could, in the end, also be explained in more concrete terms. All our recent research on Coginitive Science and EE adds a new explanation to the importance of the network and the need to work on oneself, how big the lies to the self are, and how much physical stress and toxicity/inflammation not working toward seeing reality can generate. So, when the psychological work is combined with the proper diet and physical healing (and we know they go hand in hand, and that both are necessary in parallel), what can that do to our bodies, and therefore, our "receivership capability"?

Thank you Laura and Ailen for posting this new research clarifying and expanding what we are doing with our diets.

Laura
Perhaps, by aligning with our paleolithic ancestors who painted caves and decorated the earth with megaliths, and restoring our DNA to that more similar to theirs, we might acquire, along the way, some of their abilities?

Fascinating!--and what they painted, almost exclusively, are the animals that they were eating.

Ailen

Indeed--especially when we have so much, literally, food for thought!!! :rockon:
thanks again,
shellycheval

liffy said:
That being said, considering how the future might pan out, I personally think it would be an advantage not to have tuned your body in such a way that it only handles a tiny range of the food spectrum, given a possible situation where available food choices might suck. Am I the only one thinking this? :)

That may be an advantage for one who wanted to remain in the physical realm. As well, it would also be most advantageous, I imagine, to heal one's body as much as is possible and, perhaps if possible, acquire the food(s) one needed to continue to heal through difficult times, before such difficult times occur.

Just my take, FWIW.

Foxx said:
liffy said:
That being said, considering how the future might pan out, I personally think it would be an advantage not to have tuned your body in such a way that it only handles a tiny range of the food spectrum, given a possible situation where available food choices might suck. Am I the only one thinking this? :)

That may be an advantage for one who wanted to remain in the physical realm. As well, it would also be most advantageous, I imagine, to heal one's body as much as is possible and, perhaps if possible, acquire the food(s) one needed to continue to heal through difficult times, before such difficult times occur.

Just my take, FWIW.

Yea, I guess healing should be a first priority, and then one might cross one's fingers that there's not much of a delay between destruction and the potential upgrade.

I am not very surprise to have to consider the fasting as good especially included in the paleo diet, it makes sense about our paleolithic ancestors which surely could not eat each day the same quantity of food. My mom always used this kind of way without being in paleo-diet, but she never was sick or never had weight problems (and she always is pretty fine). We used to say she had an appetite of a sparrow".
In a big part of my life, I also practiced the fasting for many reasons which had not really to do with a search of good health, consciously at least, but rather as something natural to "feel right". Now and by being in ketosis, I envisage seriously to do it again in the next days and tell you more about it.

Source for fasting:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,22916.msg359666.html#msg359666

Thank you all for these very important data in the previous pages.

Laura said:
...What struck me as I was reading all this material is this: what if the "ascension process" much touted in esoterica is exactly this: figuring out how to heal and activate DNA? What if, by these studies and experiments, we manage to activate/accelerate "soul seating" capacity and "receivership capability"??? What if this is part of "it's not where you are, but who you are and what you see"? Perhaps, by aligning with our paleolithic ancestors who painted caves and decorated the earth with megaliths, and restoring our DNA to that more similar to theirs, we might acquire, along the way, some of their abilities?

I have been considering some of these possibilities, although what I am going through feels more like a "survival process" than an "ascension process." In any case I am concerned about being waylaid yet again by false information embedded within what I have found to be true, and that is why I am re-examining some of the common beliefs about low-carb and ketogenic diet.

One thing I should have brought out yesterday about ketogenic diet is that I haven't found it to in any way be harmful to me. And while it has not directly helped with any of my health issues in ways that I have been able to clearly detect, it may very well be serving to prevent further issues from developing. I am willing to consider trying other things besides keto diet, but I want to see some pretty compelling data before doing that.

There is a false theme that I became aware of some years ago when I was considering whether to go organic (which I started doing in 2009). It went "food is food." Which was to say, it doesn't really matter how the land or the animals are treated and nourished -- the nutrient profile is all that matters. If something is missing, add it. It might sound ridiculous to say that here, but huge numbers of people live by that "principle," whether they are aware of it or not.

There is another, implied theme that I think I am picking up now, although I don't hear anyone stating it explicitly and and some are definitely saying it is false. That theme is "carbs are carbs." If you think about it, what does "low-carb" mean? Not much, if the carbs you are taking in are from toxic food sources. One reminder of this for me is the rows and rows of "organic" processed foods at Whole Foods Market. Another reminder is the gradual disappearance from the shelves of that store of a variety of healthier foods, as they adjust for consumer demand. And another is the "New Atkins" book with all its bad food recommendations for low-carbers.

You can consider it from the other direction too, which is apt to land you in the middle of the "safe starch" debate. I don't want to go there, though. I want to understand my own metabolism better, fix what I can, and use the results to enable me, if possible, to pursue other things beyond earning a living and battling lifelong health issues. (If it sounds like I am really tired of this, I am.)

Do be aware, however, when you read research reports or stories about research reports, that many experimenters do live by "carbs are carbs" and "fats are fats." When they do their experiments using animals and humans in particular, some of them freely introduce confounding variables in this way, rendering their results meaningless. You have to look for that. Sometimes you have to locate the actual paper and then decode information in it to determine what the actual food (not "nutrient") composition was. In two papers I looked at last week, the experimenters appeared totally unaware of the issue, although I could find bloggers (commenting on the papers) that were aware of it.

I liked the paper that you linked to yesterday about metabolism. It filled in a lot of details for me that were not part of my 1966 biology class (the last time I studied metabolism formally), and presented the best picture I have seen about the role of electrical potential in cell metabolism (hence my aside about EMF). It also presents fundamentals that are assumed to be true in the low-carb and paleo communities about fat-burning vs. carb burning processes, and introduces central ideas used by advocates of life extension through caloric restriction. In doing so it gives me a better understanding of what it is that I need to verify.

What I did not see addressed extensively in the paper was the larger context of metabolism under control of the endocrine system and other "external" factors (it's really all one organism). This can be extremely important for understanding individual health issues, but I suppose you can't do everything in one paper. It did touch upon the effects of oxygen deprivation on metabolism within the cell, but I would like to see more, and I would like to see more about the role of CO2.

liffy said:
Do you think that such a reaction would be due to the carbohydrate intake, and not other sorts of allergens present?
I don't know that it can be separated out so easily. By this I mean that everything works together - one thing affects another.

liffy said:
Personally I can handle higher carbohydrate loads, even after doing the low carb thing for quite a while, but as you say, there seems to be a lot of people having issues with pretty much anything other than animal food.
The thing is, there are a few people who have said the same thing but one really can't be sure unless they get rid of them completely and then retest each food separately. For years, I thought that I could eat anything and did with little repercussions. As it turns out, I can no longer do that.

liffy said:
Well, at this point, I actually see it as an advantage to only being able to eat a few foods. In a way it's freeing - I'm getting rid of programs related to food. It's also cheaper - while everyone's rushing out to get their carb fix (which also makes one hungrier), I'm satisfied and not focused on eating or recipes. Food is simply nourishment. This definitely helps free up one's time to do other things.

Also, and take this with a huge grain of salt, but I've been wondering over the last week or so (especially in light of the new research), if the path we're on - sto which doesn't feed off, but feeds others - might mean in part that we may be heading towards a state where we eat less and less. This would certainly come in handy in a food shortage!

Perhaps this diet isn't a destination but rather a journey.

Q: Was my insight that I had one night that, at some point in time something may happen that
will turn genes on in our bodies that will cause us to physically transform, an accurate perception
of what could happen at the time of transition to 4th density?
A: For the most part, yes.

Q: Are there any limitations to what our physical bodies can transform to if instructed by the
DNA? Could we literally grow taller, rejuvenate, change our physical appearance, capabilities, or
whatever, if instructed by the DNA?
A: Receivership capability.
Q: What is receivership capability?
A: Change to broader receivership capability.
Q: (A) That means that you can receive more of something.
A: Close.
Q: (A) It means how good is your receiver.
A: Yes.
Q: (L) What is your receiver? The physical body?
A: Mind through central nervous system connection to higher levels.
Q: So, that is the whole issue of gaining knowledge and developing control over your
body. If your mind and CNS are tuned to higher levels of consciousness, that has
significance in terms of your receivership capability?
A: Close.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=10663.0

So if we gain control over our bodies and prepare it in such a way as to be able to be tuned to higher consciousness, perhaps this will help with the transition. From all the evidence provided so far, just my opinion, it would seem that carbs directly block such capabilities. I don't think that's a coincidence.

liffy said:
Do you think that such a reaction would be due to the carbohydrate intake, and not other sorts of allergens present?

Both, depending on the person. There are anti-nutrients in alll veggies.

Personally I can handle higher carbohydrate loads, even after doing the low carb thing for quite a while, but as you say, there seems to be a lot of people having issues with pretty much anything other than animal food.

That might depend on your age, on your "mitochondrial level", and on other factors. However, being able to handle something is not the same as eating the optimal fuel. We hear all the time about people who could "handle" anything, and then they drop dead from one day to the other (heart attack, for example).

I suggest you read those papers we linked to today, for more information on why it's a good idea to go ketogenic, even though you can "handle" carbs. It's just a different type of fuel. One (glucose) allows you survive (but look at the quality of life most people have today, and all "modern diseases") and it's far from being optimal fuel like the second (ketone bodies), which seems to help not only with overall health, but with manifestation of "good genes" as well.

Don't know, but I certainly think differently. I think that there is a high probability that people who don't heal in time will simply not have the strength to cope with what is coming, because their inmune systems will already be too comprimised even if they have no visible symptoms today. They'll be dead before they can worry about what food is available. Besides, the way you put it is like saying "I don't see much point in improving my life today, because if I'm used to having a precarious life now, I won't have trouble adapting to a catastrophic scenario". Or "I see no point in taking a shower today, since I'll get dirty tomorrow anyway." Well, slightly exagerated, but that's how your logic reads to me, FWIW.

Oh, don't get me wrong; I am in ketosis, and have been for about a years time. The only thing is that I tend to function better using slightly more carbs than what seems to be the overall recommendation here. If I don't, my weight drops, which isn't really something I intend to do. That being said, I'm 22 years old, and have been eating somewhat healthy the last 5 years, so I suppose there is a high probability that my reactions to certain foods are not as distinct as for a lot of other people. I've done the elimination process and then testing foods one by one as well.

truth seeker said:
liffy said:
Well, at this point, I actually see it as an advantage to only being able to eat a few foods. In a way it's freeing - I'm getting rid of programs related to food. It's also cheaper - while everyone's rushing out to get their carb fix (which also makes one hungrier), I'm satisfied and not focused on eating or recipes. Food is simply nourishment. This definitely helps free up one's time to do other things.

Also, and take this with a huge grain of salt, but I've been wondering over the last week or so (especially in light of the new research), if the path we're on - sto which doesn't feed off, but feeds others - might mean in part that we may be heading towards a state where we eat less and less. This would certainly come in handy in a food shortage!

Your thought was exactly my own thought on this evening expressed to my husband by explaining fasting here on the thread. even before to start the paleo-diet, I thought eat not so much was the better thing to do without know why. I begin to have a better idea now.

truth seeker said:
Perhaps this diet isn't a destination but rather a journey.

Yes, and this diet could be like a bridge between our cellular system and our environment...

truth seeker said:
So if we gain control over our bodies and prepare it in such a way as to be able to be tuned to higher consciousness, perhaps this will help with the transition. From all the evidence provided so far, just my opinion, it would seem that carbs directly block such capabilities. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Surely not, some food to think this night... So, thank you all again for sharing all these materials.

Thanks for all the articles on ketogenic diets and intermittent or alternate day fasting. Just today I was thinking of giving up -- not going back to a SAD diet but just not continuing to forge onward trying new methods as I've experienced very little significant change physically. Something inside me asked, "What about your "receivership capability?" so reading Laura's post today on such was especially timely.

Quote Laura:
...What struck me as I was reading all this material is this: what if the "ascension process" much touted in esoterica is exactly this: figuring out how to heal and activate DNA? What if, by these studies and experiments, we manage to activate/accelerate "soul seating" capacity and "receivership capability"??? What if this is part of "it's not where you are, but who you are and what you see"? Perhaps, by aligning with our paleolithic ancestors who painted caves and decorated the earth with megaliths, and restoring our DNA to that more similar to theirs, we might acquire, along the way, some of their abilities?

So, no more almond cookies ever. A recent indulgence sent me on an unwanted trip into Water Retention City. It is definitely true for me that I've become incredibly sensitive to any carbs over my usual onions, mushrooms and avocados. I have more reading to do on the mechanisms of the ketogenic diet but I think I may add alternate day fasting to my regime in the meantime.

Quote from: liffy
That being said, considering how the future might pan out, I personally think it would be an advantage not to have tuned your body in such a way that it only handles a tiny range of the food spectrum, given a possible situation where available food choices might suck. Am I the only one thinking this?

I've thought about this as well ; seeing as how much more sensitive I've become I couldn't necessarily eat junk for survival and still be able to be of help myself or others due to being sick from said junk. On the other hand, one can't really be sure of what the future will hold it's important to step out on faith, as it were, and just keep thinking receivership capability...receivership capability and see what happens.

With all the new information on IF, I just thought about something the C's said to Laura that may or may not pertain to it-

June 27 1998

A: How about post cat-a-clysmic world.

Q: Well, Ark doesn't have that metabolism... I don't want to be in a post-cataclysmic world without him...

A: Then give him the food.

Q: What food?

A: What food you have, if... confronted with the situation.
(bolded and italicized for emphasis)

Just a thought, fwiw.

Laura said:
There's a bunch more, but I've got other things to do right this minute and this should keep ya busy for awhile!

All week, maybe -- take your time. :)

I didn't notice anything unusual about copy/paste with those two PDFs (using either Chrome's built-in reader or Preview on my Mac), but I do encounter PDFs occasionally that don't seem to even contain text -- they are image-only. If I have trouble copying a PDF I run it through my OCR software and that fixes it.

Back
Top Bottom