Knowledge and Being Part 5 - video by Laura

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Perhaps you should then begin to examine areas of your life where you do have some control and choice and activate them which may then cause an opening of choices in the "where I live" area?
 

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Arwenn said:
I've just watched part 1 of Information & Reality Creation videos, and as usual I am blown away. I grok that making choices, based on information, and especailly information that is objective, leads us along different paths. But what if one felt so stuck that they felt unable to make a different choice? What if, as a single mother with sole care of two children working and living in a small totally non-colinear community, with no help from family, one felt there was simply no other choice? How can I provide food and shelter, as well as be there for my children at home? I can do so here because I have very flexible working conditions in this community, but the sacrifice is that the social collective is very insular, rigid and the people here are threatened by anything out of the norm (like me, for instance :rolleyes: )

Thank so much for these videos, I am about to watch part 2.
Like Laura said, there are always areas in our life where we have some level of control and range of choices. No matter how many options are closed to us based on present circumstances, there is always a set of possibilities available to us based on those same possibilities. For example, right now, I don't have the means to purchase a fancy new car. But I do have the means to buy a cheap beater. It reminds me of that guy several years ago who 'traded' his way up to purchasing a house, I think it was. He started with a paper clip and traded it for something of only a slightly higher value, and kept doing that until he was trading really expensive stuff. He may not have started out with the possibility of getting a house being 'open and available', but by making small changes and choices that were within his power at the moment, his goal became a real possibility and he 'made it real'.
 

Chu

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Courageous Inmate Sort said:
Curiously, the YCYOR visualization techniques that I was duped into many years ago did mention emotions but prescribed just the opposite regarding details, i.e., you were supposed to have all the details in mind. As usual, a bit of truth with a dangerous twist.

By the way, it comes to mind that if such technique could be expanded to a small booklet it may be a revenue source as self-help books usually sell themselves. Just a thought.
I think this is a great idea, CIS. It can really change people's lives to think abour "YCYOR" in the terms Laura explained it. And it works! It is also a way to teach people how to take real responsibility for their own actions, be more conscious and enjoy each step, act in favor of their destiny, and accomplish lots.
 

Arwenn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Approaching Infinity said:
Like Laura said, there are always areas in our life where we have some level of control and range of choices. No matter how many options are closed to us based on present circumstances, there is always a set of possibilities available to us based on those same possibilities. For example, right now, I don't have the means to purchase a fancy new car. But I do have the means to buy a cheap beater. It reminds me of that guy several years ago who 'traded' his way up to purchasing a house, I think it was. He started with a paper clip and traded it for something of only a slightly higher value, and kept doing that until he was trading really expensive stuff. He may not have started out with the possibility of getting a house being 'open and available', but by making small changes and choices that were within his power at the moment, his goal became a real possibility and he 'made it real'.
You know, in digesting your thoughts and responses to my post, & looking at my situation, I uncovered a program in me that was so subtle , that if you told me it to my face I would disagree with you vehemently. The program of being a martyr, & a victim at times. Phew! Thanks for the feedback. Yes life is overwhelming at times, & you are right, I can explore a few choices that will lead me to experincing different things. A different life. What's that quote about the definition of insanity as being doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results?

Chu said:
Courageous Inmate Sort said:
Curiously, the YCYOR visualization techniques that I was duped into many years ago did mention emotions but prescribed just the opposite regarding details, i.e., you were supposed to have all the details in mind. As usual, a bit of truth with a dangerous twist.

By the way, it comes to mind that if such technique could be expanded to a small booklet it may be a revenue source as self-help books usually sell themselves. Just a thought.
I think this is a great idea, CIS. It can really change people's lives to think abour "YCYOR" in the terms Laura explained it. And it works! It is also a way to teach people how to take real responsibility for their own actions, be more conscious and enjoy each step, act in favor of their destiny, and accomplish lots.
I second this idea- I really resonated with the visualization as described by Laura, but as mentioned above, got duped into the detail and the anticipation of it all, instead of trusting the Infinite Creative principle. Perhaps it could be added to the Life is Religion booklet if there was to be a second edition? Maybe we could also include some information about awarness of attachments, SRT, psychic hygiene, mind blocking and simple visualizations like those described by Patrick as well, in light of the other recent Knowledge and Being videos. Just a thought. :/
 

Arwenn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
On another note, these presentations that were filmed with a group of people, is that something that you guys organize frequently? Do relative newbies like myself have an opportunity to participate in workshops and network face-to-face?

Also, with regards to SoTT, and Joe and Niall's talk- am I right in thinking that they would like more of us to participate in sending articles, even if it's propagada by the MSM, with our take/commentary? I'd like to be more than a passive observer, I think that would exercise my mind much more. If so, who would I forward articles to? I bore in mind the issue of PM when I first joined the forum, so I have never contacted anyone privately.
 

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Approaching Infinity said:
Like Laura said, there are always areas in our life where we have some level of control and range of choices. No matter how many options are closed to us based on present circumstances, there is always a set of possibilities available to us based on those same possibilities. For example, right now, I don't have the means to purchase a fancy new car. But I do have the means to buy a cheap beater. It reminds me of that guy several years ago who 'traded' his way up to purchasing a house, I think it was. He started with a paper clip and traded it for something of only a slightly higher value, and kept doing that until he was trading really expensive stuff. He may not have started out with the possibility of getting a house being 'open and available', but by making small changes and choices that were within his power at the moment, his goal became a real possibility and he 'made it real'.
Just want to note that I meant to write "based on those same circumstances", not possibilities.
 

Meg

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Arwenn said:
On another note, these presentations that were filmed with a group of people, is that something that you guys organize frequently? Do relative newbies like myself have an opportunity to participate in workshops and network face-to-face?

Also, with regards to SoTT, and Joe and Niall's talk- am I right in thinking that they would like more of us to participate in sending articles, even if it's propagada by the MSM, with our take/commentary? I'd like to be more than a passive observer, I think that would exercise my mind much more. If so, who would I forward articles to? I bore in mind the issue of PM when I first joined the forum, so I have never contacted anyone privately.
Hi Arwenn,
Those were presented to members of the Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind (FOTCM). Some of our Forum members are also members of the FOTCM. You can read more about the FOTCM here and if you have questions, post them there. Normally, once a person has decided to join the FOTCM and submits their application, there is a period of time where they are expected to participate actively here on the Forum. Based on their participation, they are then granted access to a part of the Forum for FOTCM members. Happy reading and if you have questions, just ask :)
 

Arwenn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Menrva said:
Hi Arwenn,
Those were presented to members of the Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind (FOTCM). Some of our Forum members are also members of the FOTCM. You can read more about the FOTCM here and if you have questions, post them there. Normally, once a person has decided to join the FOTCM and submits their application, there is a period of time where they are expected to participate actively here on the Forum. Based on their participation, they are then granted access to a part of the Forum for FOTCM members. Happy reading and if you have questions, just ask :)
Thanks for the links Menrva, I would like to join FOTCM & will begin the process shortly :)
 

msasa

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Thanks for the videos.
Together with the recent Laura's sott talk radio interview, they make an excellent mind-blowing trilogy. :)
 

Lindenlea

The Living Force
Arwenn said:
Menrva said:
Hi Arwenn,
Those were presented to members of the Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind (FOTCM). Some of our Forum members are also members of the FOTCM. You can read more about the FOTCM here and if you have questions, post them there. Normally, once a person has decided to join the FOTCM and submits their application, there is a period of time where they are expected to participate actively here on the Forum. Based on their participation, they are then granted access to a part of the Forum for FOTCM members. Happy reading and if you have questions, just ask :)
Thanks for the links Menrva, I would like to join FOTCM & will begin the process shortly :)
Hi Arwenn,

From your posts I have noticed there are 2 of us in your region, and as we FOTCM members are scattered quite far and wide, distance is a problem. However another member in this region would certainly be most welcome :)
 

Arwenn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Re: Re: Knowledge and Being Part 5 - video by Laura

Lindenlea said:
Hi Arwenn,

From your posts I have noticed there are 2 of us in your region, and as we FOTCM members are scattered quite far and wide, distance is a problem. However another member in this region would certainly be most welcome :)
Hi Lindenlea,

I have downloaded the Priciples of the FOTCM (I've never subscribed to any religion per se, and I want to ensure that I feel completely aligned with FOTCM before I join) and I am currently reading through it. I have also started the keto diet, and once I'm on top of that, I will start EE. I've also made a commitment to participate on the forum more. I felt that unless I changed my diet and started EE, joining up would not be right somehow.

It's good to know there are a few of us scattered along the coast. As FOTCM members, do you guys try to meet up at all?
 

3DStudent

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Been thinking about this and I'm finally posting it. I think this was the relevant video. But I had the following thoughts:

So we're making our choices and choosing our timeline continuously. And if we make poor choices or good choices, we sort of move into a better or worse reality. I'm wondering, does that imply that the other people of that reality have made the same kinds of choices, for better or worse? Or it's like we're in a somewhat shared reality based on our choices?

I also had the thought that our choices are kind of being made for others, if the previous is true. But not quite like that, as it sounds like a free will violation. More like, my choices are affecting the reality that I go into, therefore the others there have a certain disposition or set of choices made that are affected by my choices.

Don't know if I've explained it well, let me know if it's too out there. Basically, that your choices are kind of tied to the choices of others according to which reality you enter.

P.S. Had the following thought shortly after: "Am I, by my choices, choosing which you in this reality I will encounter?"
 

Tracy Anne

Jedi Master
Hi 3D Student..... In the end I think that we can only focus on our individual choices and creating our own reality otherwise we become too consumed and focused with others. I guess its good to be aware of how others choices influence our choices and reality. I can think of many examples of how this relates to my life and maybe it would be helpful for you to reflect on events and life choices that you have made in the past.

Your idea about being part of someone elses reality if you create a similar reality rings true for me. I travelled from the other side of the world 5 years ago and met my life partner in the UK. I know that us meeting was a direct result of both of us changing our realities. We met quite by chance. I had made some very major changes in my life....obviously coming to live on the other side of the world from New Zealand but interestingly enough he had travelled to New Zealand 6 months before, for a holiday alone.....I had gone back at the same time briefly.......and unknowingly and our paths had crossed there too, but we never physically met though came very close to it missing each other by one day at a special place I would visit often, when I was there. I suppose we both had to shift our reality to meet as we did.

Thanks for posting......its got me thinking too.
 

davey72

The Living Force
I have finally been able to download, and watch both parts of these last videos. It has been very informative, inspiring, and reassuring to me. Not that i am confident i will indeed be among you all when the time comes, but it shows me the possibility, and how one might arrive there.
 
Top Bottom