Le Mystere des Cathedrales (Colour Plates)

dant said:
My thoughts or interpretations regarding the picture provided by Henry, above:

Starting from the bottom of the picture and working up to the top:

1) The bottom-half quadrant: The parable of the tares and the good seed

a) right side: good seed has fully grown
b) left side: tares or (brotherhood of serpents)

Note: The left/right side denotes separation of the "wheat from the chaff" or
"goats from the sheep" or "pre-adamic" from "adamic"

2) Not sure what the three azure orbs represents... I speculate perhaps these
represent our three centers: Sexual(Moving), Emotional, and Mental?

3) Upper half-quadrant:

a) right side: Arrows are piercing the "heart", or "suffering", or "pain" or "work upon the heart"
b) left side: "Sparks flying from the head of nails", or "Thinking with a hammer" upon the heart.

4) Center: is the "watering of the heart" or "increasing in strength with knowledge from above". The
heart is further "influenced" by the four quadrants.

Branch growing from the heart upwards, with "water source" coming downwards from above.
All 4 forces is acting(working) upon the "heart, while gaining true knowledge (water raining
down the sides of the "plant") all adds knowledge(truth), therefore "enlightenment towards
Christ" as shown with the "thorn of crowns" surrounding the "light bulb" or "flask containing
water" or perhaps even, "6th density source of true knowledge".

Well... this is a starting point of my "speculations"...
Perhaps the image is nicely explained by Agamemnon as quoted by Laura in her signature?

Joe

hkoehli said:
Also, the snakes are opposite the wheat which can be B influences separated from A influences (wheat from tares as Dant put it). Not sure about the seven rays/three stars, or the colors...
The wheat is opposite the snakes because t'was from the snake that the wheat did spring - ergo, wheat is evil, and y'all should be on gluten free diets!

Joe

Joe said:
dant said:
My thoughts or interpretations regarding the picture provided by Henry, above:

Starting from the bottom of the picture and working up to the top:

1) The bottom-half quadrant: The parable of the tares and the good seed

a) right side: good seed has fully grown
b) left side: tares or (brotherhood of serpents)

Note: The left/right side denotes separation of the "wheat from the chaff" or
"goats from the sheep" or "pre-adamic" from "adamic"

2) Not sure what the three azure orbs represents... I speculate perhaps these
represent our three centers: Sexual(Moving), Emotional, and Mental?

3) Upper half-quadrant:

a) right side: Arrows are piercing the "heart", or "suffering", or "pain" or "work upon the heart"
b) left side: "Sparks flying from the head of nails", or "Thinking with a hammer" upon the heart.

4) Center: is the "watering of the heart" or "increasing in strength with knowledge from above". The
heart is further "influenced" by the four quadrants.

Branch growing from the heart upwards, with "water source" coming downwards from above.
All 4 forces is acting(working) upon the "heart, while gaining true knowledge (water raining
down the sides of the "plant") all adds knowledge(truth), therefore "enlightenment towards
Christ" as shown with the "thorn of crowns" surrounding the "light bulb" or "flask containing
water" or perhaps even, "6th density source of true knowledge".

Well... this is a starting point of my "speculations"...
Perhaps the image is nicely explained by Agamemnon as quoted by Laura in her signature?

Joe
Wow!

Laura's signature said:
He who learns must suffer
And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget
Falls drop by drop upon the heart,
And in our own despair, against our will,
Comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.
-- Agamemnon; Aeschylus
I missed that! Thanks for pointing this out!

It did come to my mind that the "heart" might represent that of the "seating of the
magnetic centers" when I wrote my interpretations but I reserved that thought for
more clues that might lead me(us) to the right direction.

Since Laura said we were not "get[ing] it", gave suggestions, I will need to order
the book: Chittick's "Sufi Path of Knowledge." and re-read Gurdjieff and Mouravieff
and try to get closer to the truths revealed in pI.XXXI.

Currently, I am reading:

"The Secret History of the World..."
GNOSIS 1,2,3
ISOTM

and have a LOT of catching up to do. I am still ignorant and at least I recognize this
fact, but at least I have put my foot(feet) forward!

Laura said:
I think that all of you would have a lot less trouble interpreting these things if you would think about what Gurdjieff and Mouravieff have revealed in terms of the formation of the magnetic center. It also helps to have all the info from Ibn al-Arabi in your noggin to help interpret certain symbols. (See Chittick's "Sufi Path of Knowledge.")
I am currently reading Chittick's book and I haven't got a clue yet o_o .
Are there any specific chapters that should help in these matters ?

Thanks.

Hi CarpeDiem and everyone,

I am certainly interested in the question of colours:

"Colors on the Plate XXXI The Symbolic Coat of Arms on Your site are altered."

My only point for the time being is that on my site colours are the very ones reproduced in Fulcanelli's work.

Best,

A.

http://www.archerjulienchampagne.com/
http://archer.over-blog.net/

ARCHER said:
Hi CarpeDiem and everyone,

I am certainly interested in the question of colours:

"Colors on the Plate XXXI The Symbolic Coat of Arms on Your site are altered."

My only point for the time being is that on my site colours are the very ones reproduced in Fulcanelli's work.

Best,

A.
Did you read Henry's post?

Henry said:
The colours of the plate in my copy of Le Mystère (1979) of Plate XXXI. Symbolic Coat of Arms , Sainte Chapelle, Paris, by Julien Champagne are very different from the plate reproduced at the link given by CarpeDiem.
Perhaps you have a different edition? Clearly something is amiss here since the colors are not 'the very ones reproduced' in the 1979 version of Fulcanelli's Le Mystere.

When you look at the two plates in question side by side, the changes in colors are not consistent. Two of the quadrants remain the same in both plates, [left side] and the upside down cross is not changed much either.

This would imply the change was intentional and not computer alterations as in software where all the colors change at once by shades, one is altered manually somehow in the photo just for certain areas, but why?

Hi

OK I am not persuaded at this stage that this is a big issue. I mean that I don't think there is a peculiar significance in the difference of colors which were duly pointed at.

Yes I have a different edition of Le Mystere. In fact I have ALL editions. This plate was colored in 1910 by the French artist Julien Champagne, a fact which does appear on "my" plate.

Best,

A.

http://www.archerjulienchampagne.com/
http://archer.over-blog.net/

Hello. I've imported image submitted by Henry to Flash and played a bit with the values of Red, Green and Blue until colours resembled those of Archer's image. It is possible that colour alteration occured due to improper scanning. There might have been active particular scanning settings which resulted in such an image. Also, bleaching of paint might have been partly responsible, if the image was scanned from some old edition. Durability of colours depends on inks, type of paper and the conditions of how the book was stored. So, colours in Archer's image weren't necessarily selectively altered.

However, the fact remains - those two images differ...

I think it may go deeper than ARCHER’s blog.
NB. I send all images to sott team so they can attach jpegs to the post, if they decide so. It would be good to have all images to be able to compare.

The Symbolic Coat of Arms in Canseliet’s Alchimie – Etudes diverses de Symbolisme hermetique et de Pratique Philosophale, Plate XL (Page 128+) appears in similar colors as on ARCHER’s blog, but brown color is deeper AND there is NO FRAME of Coat of Arms in Canseliet Alchimie. I have the Italian edition of Canseliet’s The Etudes de Symbolisme hermetique, Edizioni Mediterranee, translated by Paolo Lucarelli. If someone has the first French edition of Canseliet’s Etudes de Symbolisme (published in 1964 by Jean-Jacques Pauvert) it would help to check Plate XL there, osit.
David Lagneau's grawing of Coat of Arms appears in Canseliet's Studies de Symbolisme in grayscale (Plate XLI).
Canseliet said:
Despite the revolutionary vandalism, which we blame for so many irreparable losses, has concealed the initiatory vitrae, we can still admire the exact reproduction of it, in colors, in the first work of Fulcanelli. We owe it to our old deceased friend Julien Champagne, who has proudly realized it from the stained image made by hermetist Chaudet.

In 1787, Chaudet executed a minute painting of still existing at the time original, that we deem appropriate to present to the reader (Plate XL). The precious image, carried out ingenuously, was added by the Paris alchemist as a front piece to a hermetic manuscript of the highest value, which was not his own masterpiece but certainly of his epoch, mainly composed of symbolic scenes painted on aquarelle [Flambeau misterieux des Philosophes Hermetiques, compose de vingt et une planches, en figures hierogliphiques, peintes en couleurs naturelles et occultes avec Vexplication des sujets pour la facilite et intelligence des Enfans de I'art, en la conduite etperfection du Grand Oeuvre. Par un Amateur de la Verite.]

From this most beautiful volume our daughter Isabella, sixteen years old, did a copy, not less laborious than faithful: from this drawing not bound yet we have photographed two very fit images to complete the corresponding parts of our text.
Ultimately, we hope that a passionate reader will be grateful later on for the fact that we show him also two shields carved on the same board, which were included in the end of Garmonia Chemica of David Lagneau and which renew, in a different way, the symbolism of the polychrome window that Chaudet depicted in the Chapelle of the Jacobines.
These two magnificent motives, which disappeared, were not included in the book that the most learnt Lagneau wrote in Latin, and it is quite evident that they are due to Veillutil, who beyond of his faithful translation also gave us the gems of the French edition, like the incision annexed (Plate XLI).
SUFI: [ NB: don't have original books, from the net]

Seven subtle substances in Al-ad-Daul Simnani system (sufi Kubravi brotherhood), from The Throne Carrier of God by Jamal Ellas :
Substance - human type - prophet - color
1 Body – savage – Adam – dark, obscure
2 Soul – not-righteous – Noel – Blue
3 Heart – Humble – Abraham – Red
4 Conscience – thy who believes – Moses – White
5 Spirit – saint – David – Yellow
6 Intimate, sacred – Jesus – Black
7 The Truth – The Seal of the Prophets – Muhammad – Green

Six subtle substances in Sirr-I Dilbaran by Dhawqi Shah (Sufi Nakhbandi brotherhood):
1. Heart – 2 fingers below the left breast – Red
2. Spirit – 2 fingers below the right breast – White
3. Soul – under the belly – Yellow
4. Conscience – in the centre of the chest – Green
5. Intimate, sacred – a point above between eyebrows – Blue
6. Secret Elixir – in the upper part of the brain – Black

Phonetic Cabala, AMT, pages 113-114:
[img – sent to sott /img]
Do (White, The Color of Colors, sum of all six colors)
- 16/15
Si (Red, color of Resurrected Jesus)
- 9/8
La (Orange)
10/9
Sol (Yellow)
9/8
Fa (Green)
16/15
Mi (Azzur)
10/9
Re (Violet, color of dead Jesus)
9/8
Do, the next octave (magenta invisible), [Unity of Three Creative Principles-Father, Son and Saint Spirit?]
mentally 'fold' octave sequence into an ascending spiral or something like upright 'materass' with margenta invisible at the top.
i can discuss images off-line. Copyrighted.

'Cartografia de 'lo que es' by Alets Marat Torah, AMT, Imprenta Guinart, Barcelona

And let Spanish in the book not scare anyone, for this book language is universal.

If I had to flee in the wilderness of woods to live in a cave and was allowed to take only couple of books with me, I would keep Secret History, Ponerology, Without Conscience, and AMT books. If the choice were restricted to only two books, I would keep Secret History and AMT. If I had to keep only one book I undoubtedly would keep AMT close to the heart to whenever I had to go. As for I don’t ‘grokk’ this, someday someone will.
I'm wrong. If to cut concrete practical study of psychopathy, the last will continue ruling unchallenged so what would be the use of ATM? Three books complement each other.

Book is available in Libreria Iniciatica:
http://www(dot)qblh.es/libreria/ficha.asp?Idficha=243
Ark’s puzzle Multiplying bread and fish may well be coming from page 518 of AMT titled ‘Paradox of Lewis Carroll in ‘Ajedrez’, based on three consecutive numbers of Fibonacci series’
and i am Immensely immensely thankful to Youngfox for he led me directly to this book. Remember your post on Nature's article on nucleosomes? That was it. Prime Number 147. three treasures.
Bukovnik Vseyasvetnaya gramota -http://www.aworld.ru/mc/261.html
AMT book
something obscure called 'Plank generator' working only at that 147 frequency (there are not references in english, only in Russian, it has nothing to do with car's engine, i didn't post on it, keep files on HD as i don't know whether it's a hoax or not, several math formulas)

take care

I used babelfish to translate the web page at: http://www(dot)qblh.es/libreria/ficha.asp?Idficha=243

Title: Cartography of "Which is" and the description says:
Author: Alets Marut Torah - Ed. Dawn

Cartografía of which we know of the Totality of the Manifestation or Creation. The Totality, just as iceberg it is constituted on the one hand emergent that we see, in laque we move and we acted, and by 9 submerged parts, in principle invisible, but that they form a Whole. There is really no separation in this Whole, the "substance" of that Whole is unique and indeed by the fact of his radical homogeneity it is accessible since any real separation between her does not exist and we. Due to these characteristics, they are used in MAPS these elements as organizational chart bases, in which have superposed coincident elements of others varied spiritual traditions for their mutual reinforcing.

Price: 120,25 Euros. Expensive!

Drat. I wish there was an english version of this book.

I also looked at the russian site: Bukovnik Vseyasvetnaya gramota -http://www.aworld.ru/mc/261.html

And see all the symbols (cannot read Russian either) and I have no clue what this
all means. Lots of "strange" symbols and yet there appears diagrams showing
human, animal, other strange "contortions" as if to represent the symbol itself.

I wonder what the heck this is all about, really. A mystery for the non-initiates.

From comparative analysis of successive editions of Fulcanelli by B. Allieu and B. Lonzieme (Index General de l’Oeuvre de Fulcanelli):

First edition of Fulcanelli’s Le Mystere des Cathedrales (Edition originale by Jean Schemit, Paris, 1926; number of exemplars printed not reported) has 36 plates by Julien Champagne. Plates are printed on [papier d’Arches], numbered from I to XXXV; illustration on the front page [frontipice] and Plate XV [Les Metaux Planetaries] are dated 1910, plates XX Symbolic Coat of arms [L’ecusson symbolique] and XXI [Le Massacre des Innocents] are polychromic, and are dated respectively 1911 and 1910.
The following plates are signed J. Champagne: [frontipice], I, III, XV, XIX – XXI, XXVIII-XXXII, XXXIV, XXXV.

Second edition (Omnium Literaire Paris, 1957; numbered 1-1000 exemplars [sur velin pur fil LAFUMA], 50 exemplars numbered I – L [pur fil MADAGASCAR], 5 exemplars [sue veritable Japon nacre], marked A, B, C, D, E and 100 exemplars [hors commerce] marked H.C.) has an additional preface by Eugene Canseliet to the chapter [La Croix Cyclique d’Hendaye] inserted before [Conclusion] and accompanied by three new plates. The other plates correspond to those in original edition by Jean Schemit. 39 plates numbered I – XXXVIII (without frontal page plate); frontal page plate and plate XV [Les Metaux Planetaries] are dated 1910; plates XX Symbolic Coat of Arms [ L’ecusson symbolique] and XXI [Les Massacre des Innocents], are polychromatic, and are dated 1911 and 1910 respectively.
The following plates are signed J. Champagne: [frontipice], I, III, XV, XIX – XXI, XXVIII-XXXII, XXXIV, XXXVI, XXXVIII.

Third edition first print (Jean-Jacques Pauvert, 1964, number of exemplars printed not reported, printed in Switzerland) has the majority of plates by J. Champagne replaced by photographic clichés; has one more (the third) additional preface by Julien Champagne [EDIT: E. Canseliet) added. 50 Plates (48 photographic) are numbered I – XLIX (excluding front page plate); the front page plate and plate XXXI Symbolic Coat of Arms [L’ecusson symbolique] the same as in the first edition, plates XXXI and XXXII [Massacre des Innocents] are polychromatic.

Third edition second print (Jean-Jacques Pauvert, 1970) identical to the first print, printed in France

Third edition, third print (Jean-Jacques Pauvert, 1977), identical to the first print, printed in France.

All French editions have plate with Symbolic Coat of arms polychromatic.
Allieu and Lonzieme didn't mention in their scrupulous analysis of successive editions of Fulcanelli any alteration of colors on this plate. So, should we assume, that alteration started with Canseliet's Alchemy?
I have American edition (Brotherhood of life, Las Vegas), where all plates are in greyscale.

Correction: The third preface is by Eugène Canseliet, not Champagne, who died in 1932.

Back
Top Bottom