Leif Erlingsson's Post Mormon Cult

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laura said:
Seeking these "secret discussions" is how deviants operate... and again, it is the same way predators operate in the wild; separate their victim from the herd.
That's exactly the image that came to my mind while thinking about LE's 'tactic'. Try to spot the weak or damaged, or young/less experienced/less knowledgable, isolate him and attack. Just like in the wild. It's an invitation to observe Nature more :)

The wording LE has used seems vaguely 'legalistic' as if to convey some sort of authority. He is using dominance and authority in order to elicit compliance to his request. (Milgram anyone).
One wonders if LE has 'lifted' the wording from some communications he has either received from the cult he was in, or read whilst obsessing about cult recovery.
His MO is very similar to that used by paediophiles when coercing children to comply and not 'tell', to retain the secrecy of their dominance and abuse.
The type of transparency we have here is almost impossible to bear for this type of person, their manipulations simply will not work.
Also the 'secret' communication LE used is similar to the type of suggestion used in interrogation designed to elicit a confession, even a false one. This type of implanted suggestion of guilt is also responsible for the 'false memory syndrom'.

Yes it does stink henry, it stinks of a set-up.

A good way to discover whether someone is really a deviant and is attempting to subvert one's logical and realistic way of thinking is to compare what they 'say' to what they 'do'. A normal persons actions will match their words. The words of a deviant will NOT match their actions.

We see here how LE is using manipulation and coercion tactics in the attempt to subvert at least some of the members here in order to sow divisions and disturb the logical and realistic thought-patterns of these various individuals. As has been noted, most of us here have seen these things several times before. When one has encountered this same variety of word-twisting, avoidance of issues, baseless accusations backed with NO evidence whatsoever over and over, one becomes very adept at recognizing these people pretty quickly. Actually, that must really frost their cookies! And, thanks to all the manipulators we are all getting better at discerning these types of people.

It is also really laughable that he is appealing to our 'gentlemanly nature'. We here are not at all considering ourselves 'gentlemen' (or 'ladies'), but rather Truth-Seekers. That is an entirely different thing, and as Laura has mentioned previously, as soon as we discover we are dealing with someone who does not value Truth at all, every bet is off and we are not only 'free' to disregard those things considered 'polite' in societies, but duty bound to expose these predators for what they really are. Reading and participating in this Forum is beneficial in lots of ways. One of them is by observing how these people are 'outed' by the members, which helps those who do not yet have the capacity to see these people for who they truly are. After a while, people learn how to spot these types themselves. And, it really, really is an essential skill to have!

This is probably 'tough' on those who care nothing for Truth, but 'delicious' in the extreme for those who do.

This is very interesting to see how LE accuses others of doing exactly what, he himself, is doing.

As I read the 'secret' e-mails that were sent, I could not help but see the similarities of what I would expect to hear come out of the mouth of Adolph Hitler, of all things. You will obey! Geesh.

Cathryn said:
His MO is very similar to that used by paediophiles when coercing children to comply and not 'tell', to retain the secrecy of their dominance and abuse.
Yes, the manipulative manner in his e-mails actually made me feel sick to my stomach. And when I read Cathryn's post, this is exactly the taste of the feeling I was getting. Very accurate, Cathryn.

I think that during his 'deprogramming' from Mormannism, he took notes on how to program others to follow him. He seems to be craving followers of his own.

Sick!

Reading this today on sott, just reminded me of this thread.

Michael Prescott, writer of above, ends his article thus:

All that interests me, in citing these instances (and there are many others that could be added to the list), is this question:
What are the powers establishment science [add: establishment anything] is so afraid of?
Why would people who are genuinely confident that they have reason on their side resort to character assassination, ostracism, threats, and even police action to enforce their opinions?
The point is, Michael will never get his answer from these people. If asked or confronted, or if they get exposed finally, like Lief here was, they'll turn it into a "you are rejecting me, poor me, and misunderstanding me, and YOU are the one who is harming me and my reputation . Here the crocodile tears stop flowing and "pity me" mask gets discarded - can't wear it too long, it hurts inflated self-importance. And here enters the good man, "i'll rise above your low level" trick, "there is a way for you to make up! There's hope for you still, i'll forgive you. Here's what You Do to clean this mess YOU created!" And the mind of the person is not even fast enough to comprehend, how did that face, which almost invoked pity in him/her at first, now looks like that of a hyenas following a lion.

Seen one, seen them all. Only advice: don't feed the hyena. And warn the rest of the group, if you see one coming, or if you see that the lion skin is put clumsily over the hyena fur, warn the others and pull the lion skin off. It is a jungle here folks!

It amazes me how everytime one of these deviants comes out of the blue, runs their intrinsic manipulation program, and has it fall flat on its face... how often they run this "poor me" bit to follow it up. It's as if their instrinsically sadistic desires for emotionally energy have failed, they make no converts, and no one rushes to their defense or engages them, and as such they have nothing left but name calling and cheap ploys for sympathy.

Its sad that so many can fall prey to these psychological manipulations simply because they do not have the appropriate information about them. It's also amazing how simply knowing about them in a general, that they exist, innoculates you against them. Knowledge Protects.

Lynne wrote:
I think that during his 'deprogramming' from Mormannism, he took notes on how to program others to follow him. He seems to be craving followers of his own.

Sick!

Apparently the psycho they tried to brainwash just picked up the information. Much like they do with psychologists. They don't really bend to the coercion, they adapt while they learn it.

I don't think he was "deprogrammed" at all. I don't think he was programmed that way in the first place.

Peg

Richard said:
...as soon as we discover we are dealing with someone who does not value Truth at all, every bet is off and we are not only 'free' to disregard those things considered 'polite' in societies, but duty bound to expose these predators for what they really are.
As Clarissa Pinkola Estes writes in Women Who Run With the Wolves:

"In the Bluebeard story we see how a woman who falls under the spell
of the predator rouses herself and escapes him, wiser for the
experience. The story is about transformation through knowledge,
insight, voice, decisive action. We must unlock the secrets and
use our abilities to be able to stand what we see. And then, we
must use our voice and our wits to do what needs to be done about
what we see.

When instincts are strong, we intuitively recognize
the innate predator by scent, sight, and hearing... we anticipate
its presence, hear it approaching, and take steps to turn it away.
In the instinct-injured the predator is upon them before they register
its presence.

We have been taught to be nice, to behave, to be blind, and to be
misused.

"The young and the injured are uninitiated. Neither knows much about
the dark predator and are, therefore, credulous. ...

Wild Ways teaches people when not to act 'nice' about protecting their
souls. The instinctive nature knows that being 'sweet' in these
instances only makes the predator smile. When the soul is being
threatened, it is not only acceptable to draw the line and mean
it, it is required.
And that's what we are all about learning here.

This might be a longshot but I thought i´ll write it anyway.
Its about his (Leif Erlingsson) avatar, almost everyone here have a icon or anonymous avatar which implies that the
idea is the important thing and not the person. A kind of look-at-me, materialistic view of self.
Well it just might be dumb, but now its written :)

GRiM said:
Its about his (Leif Erlingsson) avatar, almost everyone here have a icon or anonymous avatar which implies that the
idea is the important thing and not the person. A kind of look-at-me, materialistic view of self.
Well it just might be dumb, but now its written :)
I had a similar idea. Leif avatar reminded me of the unforgettable Karam8 and his avatar. If you want to read again Karam8 contributions and/or have a look at his avatar, you can follow this link :
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=2279&p=7

Using a human face as an avatar might also be a way of triggering some feelings like respect, humanity, confidence or sympathy. All the emotional traps we usually fall in when interacting with individual displaying strong psychopathological traits.

Naturally, it doesn't mean that all members using this kind of avatar go for this kind of manipulations. I guess most members do it in a genuine way.

I thought Karam8's avatar was actually a picture of the late Prime Minister of Canada, Pierre Trudeau!

Axel_Dunor said:
I had a similar idea. Leif avatar reminded me of the unforgettable Karam8 and his avatar. If you want to read again Karam8 contributions and/or have a look at his avatar, you can follow this link :
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=2279&p=7

Using a human face as an avatar might also be a way of triggering some feelings like respect, humanity, confidence or sympathy. All the emotional traps we usually fall in when interacting with individual displaying strong psychopathological traits.

Naturally, it doesn't mean that all members using this kind of avatar go for this kind of manipulations. I guess most members do it in a genuine way.

GRiM wrote:

Well it just might be dumb, but now its written

Perhaps it's a lack of creativity. The avatars on this site are quite creative, IMO.

Peg

DonaldJHunt said:
I thought Karam8's avatar was actually a picture of the late Prime Minister of Canada, Pierre Trudeau!
Indeed. Here might be the source of the picture :
http://(3w).geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/2573/pet.jpg

This is good stuff.

Leif comes around, COMMANDING people to be quiet, probably in some part of his psyche knowing that not everyone will fall for it, then he screams "AH HA! I was right! CULT! CULT! CULT!"

There's that word again.

Apparently, he's done this before.

Anyway, if you DO fall for it, then seeds of dissension are sown and he gets his own follows.

Which of course he commands.

Which, of course, is cult-like.

There's that word again...

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom