Life is an illusion

Laura said:
Konstantin said:
I have to see the answer. I only saw something like a snake like head stuck between the bricks :)

Same with me. When it was pointed out to me, it was a face palm moment.

Yeah, I thought it was a turtle head. It's funny how you've only got one chance and once you've seen it, you can't not see it. The only way I can see it again as an illusion is to change my perspective and look at the picture without focusing on the object. Seems that it being lined up perfectly with the gaps in the bricks makes it almost invisible.

Laura said:
Konstantin said:
I have to see the answer. I only saw something like a snake like head stuck between the bricks :)

The first thing that I saw was a little mouse !

Laura said:
Konstantin said:

Yes, me too! I was trying with glasses, without glasses, closer, further... no chance! :lol:

And now, as others said, I can't NOT see it.

Very interesting how our eyes can be so easily deceived.

dugdeep said:
Alana said:
I saw it as soon as I opened the thread :cool2: ;)

Me too ;D

Turns out I was wrong! I looked to Dr. Google for the answer after reading Beau's post and realized I didn't originally see what was actually there!

There's a lesson in this somewhere...

I saw the turtle head, had to cheat. I can actually switch between the two, although it's harder now that I know what it is. Nice one Beau

dugdeep said:
dugdeep said:
Alana said:
I saw it as soon as I opened the thread :cool2: ;)

Me too ;D

Turns out I was wrong! I looked to Dr. Google for the answer after reading Beau's post and realized I didn't originally see what was actually there!

There's a lesson in this somewhere...

:lol: You were my hope, dugdeep. Now I feel alone.

I saw the solution immediately, but I did not know it, I thought that I should be seeing something that I wasn't seeing. Then I asked my husband what he was seeing, and from his reply I realized that he was not seeing what I saw. So I also went to the link which reveals the solution, and it was indeed what I saw. Now I am waiting for somebody else to see it immediately.

Alana said:
I saw the solution immediately, but I did not know it, I thought that I should be seeing something that I wasn't seeing. Then I asked my husband what he was seeing, and from his reply I realized that he was not seeing what I saw. So I also went to the link which reveals the solution, and it was indeed what I saw. Now I am waiting for somebody else to see it immediately.

You must have gotten your vision sorcery upgrade before the rest of us.

Alana said:
:lol: You were my hope, dugdeep. Now I feel alone.

You are not alone Alana. I saw it too. :)

And I also thought that I am supposed to see something else, so I tried to see turtles, turkeys or what not. And then I gave up and went to see the answer and then realized that I was seeing the right answer from the beginning. Now I don't understand how others couldn't see it?

I looked at it for a minute or so, then I had to cheat to figure out what it was. Good illusion! I thought it was a rock of some kind stuck in between the bricks, but then I was wondering if the illusion was somewhere else since the "rock" seemed so innocuous.

Apparently, it took me about 20-30 seconds to see it, but it felt like at least a full minute! It was interesting to observe my thoughts and emotions while trying to 'see' it. I knew on some level that I was seeing something, could see its outline, but couldn't put two and two together. A very confused and frustrating experience! And then it 'popped' into place.

Approaching Infinity said:
Apparently, it took me about 20-30 seconds to see it, but it felt like at least a full minute! It was interesting to observe my thoughts and emotions while trying to 'see' it. I knew on some level that I was seeing something, could see its outline, but couldn't put two and two together. A very confused and frustrating experience! And then it 'popped' into place.

Same here - about 20 seconds. Interestingly, it "popped" once I desperately tried to look at the "big picture", because I thought that maybe the whole picture represents something I don't see. And suddenly - bing!

Foxx said:
I looked at it for a minute or so, then I had to cheat to figure out what it was. Good illusion! I thought it was a rock of some kind stuck in between the bricks, but then I was wondering if the illusion was somewhere else since the "rock" seemed so innocuous.

I thought it was a rock as well, never saw the eye or the tail. Kept looking for some other kind of optical illusion. But yeah, once you see it all you wonder how you missed it!

All morning!! I kept looking at the replies to the thread and still couldn't see it. I was looking for animals or some kind of snake LOL! At the last reply, I copied the image and put it to grayscale and flipped it horizontally and vertically. At first I saw what looked like a sword, and when I looked back at the color image, I saw it!!

Beau said:
Yeah, I thought it was a turtle head. It's funny how you've only got one chance and once you've seen it, you can't not see it.

That's what happened to me too. The only thing I could see at the beginning was something that I perceived as a crack between stones and some bluish thingy stuck in between. But after seeing the real answer, I couldn't stop seeing it!

It just makes me wonder about many things we possibly are not seeing right in this reality or not seeing at all! No wonder we can't see "the craft" that is probably flying by much often than we think! Crazy how our own eyes and our brain deceive us.

Keit said:
It just makes me wonder about many things we possibly are not seeing right in this reality or not seeing at all! No wonder we can't see "the craft" that is probably flying by much often than we think! Crazy how our own eyes and our brain deceive us.

Indeed. In the case of the picture, we don't see what's right in front of us because our brain probably has decided what it is we're seeing based on its knowledge of reality and what our eyes would normally see in that situation. Like you said, where else does it do that, what else is hidden in plain sight? That's what this illusion made me think about.

Back
Top Bottom