Make Ponerology Free?

Given the extreme importance of getting the word out on ponerology, why not host the book on the internet for everyone to see? I'm sure Lobacezki would agree.

Kesdjan said:
Given the extreme importance of getting the word out on ponerology, why not host the book on the internet for everyone to see? I'm sure Lobacezki would agree.
Why would you be sure that Lobaczewski would agree? Does an aging man not deserve some compensation for his life's work and suffering?

No doubt anart. The book is only 20 euros and 27 dollars. Such a small amount, I don't think it's too much to ask. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find such a low price for a book of such importance.

Yes, the material is important and we are getting it out in many, many ways. There are many quotes on this forum and we have discussed about every aspect of the work on SOTT and on our blogs.

Lobaczewski has endured unimaginable hardships and poverty under Communist rule, and then later, when he escaped to the U.S. He is a very old man now and it is our intention to see that his last years are as comfortable as we can make them.

the forum is free. signs-of-the-times is free. the blogs and commentaries are free. The numerous articles on the various associated websites are free. cassiopedia.org is free. all of this only exists due to the superhuman efforts of various people who pour their entire lives into keeping it going for the benefit of others.

you want the book, which costs money to print, and goodness knows it cost blood sweat and tears to create in the first place, and you have to pay a few measly dollars or pounds for it, maybe a day's earnings if you are on minimum wage. for possibly the most important book of the present time!? to be honest it still sounds like an absolute give-away to me.

sleepyvinny said:
you want the book, which costs money to print, and goodness knows it cost blood sweat and tears to create in the first place, and you have to pay a few measly dollars or pounds for it, maybe a day's earnings if you are on minimum wage. for possibly the most important book of the present time!? to be honest it still sounds like an absolute give-away to me.
Steady on. :) Kesdjen may have just been suggesting if it was free, the information may get into the hands of the people who don't even know it exists and circulate more, not just a free copy for him/her.
I think most people realise although it is important to get it out there, it wouldn't be wise making it free, being it's one of the too few things contributing to keeping SOTT going.

Not so long back, I think there was a discussion that went something like...if there was one person you could give Political Ponerology to read, who would it be? How about we create a list of 100, then allow readers to choose someone off the list to sponsor a book to be sent to them until the list is complete, or there’s only the mayor or Timbuktu left :)

I think people who already donate (or can't all the time) will help for sure with something like this. To see where your hard earned money is directly helping may get more people to come forward. I'm certainly not playing down the importance of the ongoing need for donations to keep SOTT alive, I’m sure you know that. I know it shouldn't matter, but maybe some people want that sense of satisfaction to wake in the morning knowing that their donation was that bit to help pay for some IT equipment, or even that put food in the belly of one of the editors writing a piece that day etc. When there's a call to help fill that big black hole, people don't always realise that every little bit DOES HELP when they can't see it hit the bottom.

R.

Actually, a forum member recently placed a very large order for a stack of Ponerology to be sent to a whole list of people all over the world, some of them quite interesting recipients in important positions. They were in the mail the next day. You order 'em, we ship!! It really is that easy.

I would also like to get all our books into prison libraries. If anyone knows an inmate and can find out how to do it, that would be great.

Do you think that printing Ponerology texts available on the site and putting them where people can find them and maybe read them is a good idea ?

I can't afford buying a whole bunch of books so maybe that would be an option ?

Although it could fall into the wrong hands on second thoughts.

Laura said:
I would also like to get all our books into prison libraries. If anyone knows an inmate and can find out how to do it, that would be great.
Or who's willing to do something illegal to go to prison ?

(Just kidding guys)

Tigersoap said:
Do you think that printing Ponerology texts available on the site and putting them where people can find them and maybe read them is a good idea ?
Perhaps similar to "The Wave" and "The Adventures" online readings? Or put it in Sacred/Rare text site, where one can read for free, no need to download or such? just passing the thoughts.

I myself have trouble obtaining books from online, like ordering online since I don't have credit card (I don't trust them, sorry).

How many people here have actually gone to the local bookstores and asked for said books? It has been my experience in the past, that, if they don't have it, and it has an ISBN number, Barnes and Nobel, Walden or B. Dalton will order it for you. They might not carry it on the shelf, but they will order it for you. Those are pretty big bookstores here in the states. Privately owned bookstores are a little more difficult. So maybe this is the reason we should start asking?

Even if not shopping for a book, I still make it a habit to ask, "Do you carry such and such?" Maybe if they're asked enough, they'll get a copy for the shelf. One never knows. I often wonder about the manager of said bookstore, sitting at their desk and seeing the postit, "Customer asking for Secret History." And then seeing the same request, a couple more times in the next three months. I would think that if I were said manager, I'd order a copy.

Peg

Political Ponerology
ISBN 978-1-897244-25-8

Secret History
ISBN 1-897244-16-9

ISBN numbers for the books of this work can be obtained at http://www.qfgpublishing.com/

Zadius Sky said:
I myself have trouble obtaining books from online, like ordering online since I don't have credit card (I don't trust them, sorry).
You can call Red Pill Press and send a check for the books you want to purchase. And a lot of the narcissism books should be available at some of the larger bookstores in your area.

Laura said:
Hi Laura,

What about donations to women's shelters? There is one here in town that takes used clothing, toiletries and necessities for women on the run from domestic violence situations. I've given them used books as well. They work very closely with local women and families, and are only too happy to take in donations and pass them on. I'm sure there are other organizations that do the same in other places. Times like this I wish my pocketbook were bottomless. I could think of some organizations here that I'd donate a case of books to.

The local High School also takes book donations. And there are libraries that do drives to raise funds for books. Could donate a few to each library doing this.

It can get expensive, but what a tax write off for those who can afford a case of books!

Peg

beau said:
You can call Red Pill Press and send a check for the books you want to purchase. And a lot of the narcissism books should be available at some of the larger bookstores in your area.
I have no problem finding books on narcissism, since there are five Borders, three or four Barnes and Noble, and several used-books stores in my area. Where there is no availablitiy of one book, I ask the bookstore associate person to order one (which is how I obtained used ISOTM). I just brought "The Narcissistic Family" book for $39.00, oy!

It's the books on QFG site that I wanted to get. I will check that site and Red Pill to see the mailing address. I am not very good on the phone for I am hearing impaired.

mudrabbit said:
How many people here have actually gone to the local bookstores and asked for said books?
I'm one of them, lol.

Back
Top Bottom