Mass Shootings

On top of London Bridge's knife attack earlier on today, which apparently killed 2 and injured 7 (article on SOTT here), there's also been a stabbing on a busy shopping street in The Hague leaving several people wounded. There aren't many more details that i can find at the moment, below is the release from Reuters.

Added: Several people wounded in stabbing on shopping street in The Hague
Published Fri, Nov 29 2019 2:39 PM EST

Dutch police said on Friday several people had been wounded in a stabbing on a shopping street in The Hague.

Police from the city said in a statement that emergency services were at the scene.

This is breaking news. Please check back for updates.

Last edited:
On top of London Bridge's knife attack earlier on today, which apparently killed 2 and injured 7 (article on SOTT here), there's also been a stabbing on a busy shopping street in The Hague leaving several people wounded. There aren't many more details that i can find at the moment, below is the release from Reuters.

Yeah, not many details are available yet. Due to Black Friday it's quite crowded there. They're looking for a 45-50 y/o man who is a bit dark skinned (that's all I could find).

Breaking:
Several people injured in new attack #couteau in a shopping street in The Hague, The Netherlands. More information to follow. (Police)

Updates:
Attack on #couteau in the Netherlands: at least 3 wounded in a large shopping street in La Hague. The assailant, a man in his forties, is wanted by the #police . First image of the scene of the attack where help arrives en masse. (Le Figaro)

The Gare du Nord totally evacuated by the #police at #Paris after the discovery of a tank shell / rocket in a traveler's bag. Dozens of trains delayed, thousands of people concerned. Situation still in progress. #garedunord (twitter - witnesses)

Last edited:
3 weeks ago I posted this on FB:

"I'll make a little prediction now, that if there is another "Muslim terror attack" in the UK before the Dec. 12th general election, it will be pretty clear evidence that the British establishment, as represented (as always) by the Conservative party, uses "Muslim terrorism" to maintain their position in power.

Why? Because "Muslim terrorism" was THE reason that a majority of British people voted for Brexit. If that reason were to be brought back, front and center, it would likely swing a general election vote in favor of the Conservatives, with the people thinking that by voting for the Conservatives they are voting for "Brexit" (and an end to immigration) when they are merely voting for 5 more years of Conservative party rule (and the continued destruction of the NHS)."

This has been uploaded from the UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency (12 minutes ago), today. They employ the child card often.

Hi c.a., I'm not sure how this fits in this thread, or perhaps you can elaborate the link between the news item and this thread or recent events shared here (maybe I just don't see it!). Perhaps it is better suited in this thread with some of your thoughts on it. :-) One other thought: I don't think it's necessary to use hashtags in a forum post (your previous post, unless it's in the tweet itself of course)!

I just found the timing of interest considering the event in Holland at the train station.

Ah, I think you mean the event in Paris at the train station (the second tweet you posted). In that case, it could be helpful to write exactly that "I find the timing between this event in France, and this silly solidarity train interesting" or something along those lines, so that readers can see why you post it. Just a suggestion, as it wasn't completely clear for me at least at first!

Apologies for that. I some time's do that thinking it's obvious. And it was not.
I've never even heard of the UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency before today.
So there part of the referendum or (perhaps even damage control), of controlling the narrative of those that object, via racism.
FWIW, and IMHO.

Need an opinion (or two). Two still images (from precisely the same point in one video of the London Bridge attack yesterday). I made one of the stills, the other the UK Telegraph made for its front cover yesterday. The Telegraph people seem to have enhanced the colors on their image, but did they add blood to the guy's hand that is holding the knife?

man-use.JPG

tele.jpg

At first glance looks to me like they did not only enhance the image but added what looks like blood to his hand. Having said that, the blood looking hand follows the same line that the shadow on his hand follows in the first one. So from my layman point of view it almost looks like they enhanced the picture in general by simply increasing red colors. Also take a look at the other red colors in the background in that regard and how much more red those features look in the second picture, like the (what looks like a) fire truck on the upper right. Notice especially the feature in the far background on the top middle of the picture and how it does look very faintly red (more like brownish-red in fact) in the first and very much red in the second.

Another event: Today at midday, an 'unidentified assailant' wielding an axe in a gaming hall in Saxony, Germany, took a gamer hostage, who the police later managed to free. The 'person' was later apprehended by officers. Details are sparse at the moment:
German police officers. (File)

Hostage Situation Reported in Buchholz, Germany
© AP Photo / Michael Probst
Europe
15:55 30.11.2019(updated 17:15 30.11.2019) Get short URL
by Tim Korso
Subscribe
There have been no immediate reports of casualties although ambulances were reportedly spotted at the site of the incident.
An unidentified assailant armed with an axe took one patron of a slot machine hall in the German city of Buchholz, in Lower Saxony, hostage at around 12 p.m. local time on 30 November, the online media outlet Nonstopnews reported.

An hour later, responding police units commenced the operation to free the hostage, with the perpetrator reportedly fleeing from them into the gaming hall's restroom. The person was later overpowered and arrested by police officers.

A gaming hall employee and two guests were evacuated from the building and are currently being attended to by medics in an ambulance, which arrived at the scene along with the police. There is currently no information if someone was injured in the incident.
Police are working to reconstruct the incident and promised to publish a proper press release later.

I thought earlier they should the guys face. Still looking.
Don't mean to create convolution. Maybe someone else will something I am missing.
From the BBC

0:11 My emphasis
0:13 BBC's direction
The Mirror 0:33 0:45 discards hankie or paper?

Tweeter Ministry of Common Sense
Unarmed civilians managed to pin him down to ground, disarm him and kept pinning him down till police came and released him momentarily to shoot him point blank. Police had the advantage of securing him alive according to video. Not sympathising with the terrorist. But look!

The last tweet down grades Corbin

#LondonBridgeAttack
Tweets Chime In with Observations.
Sample's:
Attacker of #LondonBridgeAttack had usual Pakistani link while Officer who led this operation is an Indian origin protecting & making this world safer. Picture

“The group planned to send five bombs in the post to London synagogues...” #LondonBridgeAttack

OffGuardian Video
Sky News happened to be filming the 'elite' unit who saved the day during #LondonBridgeAttack. A BBC reporter also happened to be there when the incident began.

Back
Top Bottom