'Mastering Alchemy'?

mArowmErowmEr

The Force is Strong With This One
First off, sorry for the long wait. I wanted to read Gnosis and a bit more of Laura's stuff before I posted. :whistle: I have, luckily, gotten my hands on a copy of the former, and I can supplement it with a daily chapter of The Wave online.
In any case, I'm staying with someone while my family searches for a house. She got an early Christmas present from one of her yoga friends, and it's a book titled, What Do You Mean, the Third Dimension's Going Away?.
Good thing is she's not going to be sucked in. She's a relatively mainstream (and rather STO) Christian, so there's an infinitesimal chance of her being swayed by this. Problem is that there are people who believe it.
The intro to the book mentions the Pleiadians, which was a warning sign for me. I know that Barbara Marciniak is (according to the Cs) the most accurate channeller for the Pleiadians out there, but even her work can be a shot in the dark. Most stuff from the 'Pleiadians' comes across as fluffy and creepy to me.
To be fair, the majority of the book is unreadable fluff about 'frequency shifts' and 'dimensional changes' presented through a rosy lens, but I have two problems with it.
The first is that the science and mathematics are intolerable to someone who's had any sort of training in either. 'Dimension' refers to degrees (for lack of a better word) of spacetime, but Ra did us a huge favour when he (they?) introduced the concept of 'density'. The writers actually defined the 'first dimension' as 'the Earth's core'. Facepalm.
The second is that this actually seems to be selling with the New Age crowd. This makes me concerned. Empowering messages are all well and good, but clear lies assuring the reader that 'everything will be all right' and 'everything's fine' and especially 'the shift is coming next Thursday' are dangerous, especially to those who have their head in the clouds and may have (at least temporarily) lost their ability to distinguish objective reality from delusional fantasy.
I find it useful to bring up Cassiopaea and SOTT when I talk to people about spirituality and politics, because I know that it's much more positive to at least nudge them in the right direction. When people are drowning in lies and deceit, I like to at least throw them a floatie!
Anyway, I figured it might be useful to make you all aware of this new development. Please tell me if this has already been mentioned!
Thanks!

Hello mArowmErowmEr, and welcome to the Forum and also, Merry Christmas - where I am there's half an hour left of it. I could not make out any reference to mastering alchemy, but I'm sure you will enlarge on it as this thread progresses.

MusicMan said:
Hello mArowmErowmEr, and welcome to the Forum and also, Merry Christmas - where I am there's half an hour left of it. I could not make out any reference to mastering alchemy, but I'm sure you will enlarge on it as this thread progresses.

I agree. Did you mean your title in a broader way?

mArowmErowmEr said:
I find it useful to bring up Cassiopaea and SOTT when I talk to people about spirituality and politics, because I know that it's much more positive to at least nudge them in the right direction. When people are drowning in lies and deceit, I like to at least throw them a floatie!

It sometimes difficult to tell if people really like to hear the truth and if they are really asking. Maybe have a read here about external consideration.

MusicMan said:
Oh, sorry! The book to which I was referring is written by the editors of a website with the same name. I was a little tired when I wrote the thread, so forgive me if I didn't explicate everything I was trying to say. Thank you for the introduction, though! (And happy third day of Christmas from my part of the world.)

Gawan said:
It sometimes difficult to tell if people really like to hear the truth and if they are really asking. Maybe have a read here about external consideration.
Thank you for the reminder! I have read about internal/external considering. Usually, I don't go into detail about it, but I reference the material when I sense it's appropriate (i.e., when talking about various esoteric cosmologies, I sometimes bring up densities to contribute), but beating people over the head with it like a fundamentalist evangelist is what I generally try to avoid. I usually use links from SOTT and recommend it to people who are dissatisfied with regular news when it comes to that.
I agree that the last bit of that post was a little too close to an autohagiography. So once again, thanks for the reminder!

Back
Top Bottom