Men's Health

For a long time now I was an "alternative medicine only" fanatic with the conviction “I’d never get conventional cancer treatment”. But as Gaby said, sometimes conventional treatment is the best. Every patient and every case is unique and it requires a unique treatment protocol.

The Cs have already implied that conventional treatment can sometimes be the only solution, particularly if the cancer is advanced. I'd be interested to know if there is a cancer stage that alternative therapies are not worth pursuing. I have read numerous cases over the years of people in more advanced stages refusing conventional therapy and surviving. And then of course there are the tragic cases of those who refused the conventional treatment and died (and let's not forget there are cases where a patient was told by conventional medicine they only had X number of weeks to live, yet beat the cancer with alternative treatment). I suppose I've already answered my own question: there is no hard or fast rule about what is the best approach without taking into consideration a multitude of factors encompassing a person's physical, emotional and spiritual states.

October 2020 session:

Indeed! Very well said, TDR. And I think that there are also several components that we don't understand well at our level. For example, the power of thoughts and beliefs. A person may be consciously against standard treatments but his or her faith in getting cured without them may be weak, or viceversa. Then there is the timing, as explained in the session you quoted. And, another thing we don't quite understand is substances and their compatibility with each individual and each disease in terms of the information they carry. THAT is a total mystery at our level, something we can only get a glimpse of with homeopathy, or kinesiology and such.

These and other reasons seem to be why each case is so different from others. It might also involve individual lessons. In general, it's better not to be a "fanatic", as you put it, because that means locking yourself into just a few choices, and life may have another plan for you. It's better to be open to new data, be realistic, and work WITH the system (including accepting some treatments and doing alternative things on the side if appropriate), than totally against it.

It reminds me of the the Parable of the drowning man. ;-)

The parable of the drowning man, also known as Two Boats and a Helicopter, is a short story, often told as a joke, most often about a devoutly Christian man, frequently a minister, who refuses several rescue attempts in the face of approaching floodwaters, each time telling the would-be rescuers that God will save him. After turning down the last, he drowns in the flood. After his death, the man meets God and asks why he did not intervene. God responds that he sent all the would-be rescuers to the man's aid on the expectation he would accept the help, highlighting the axiom that God acts through humans and other earthly entities.

Frequently retold within the American Protestant community (although Catholics tell the story as well, Hindu, Buddhist, and Jewish versions have been recorded), the story is considered to reinforce the aphorism that "God helps those who help themselves" and rebuke those who believe that God works through divine miracles, preferring instead for people to do his work on Earth.

What the boats and the helicopter are, is for each of us to see with as much data and awareness as possible. Waiting for "god" might be risky if done blindly, without any network/research/real information.

In the past I would also have been for only alternative methods, but have changed views too, in light of what has been learned here. Each situation in different and requires an open and flexible view of the observable facts.

Godspeed to you TC and all the best for the treatment. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. :hug2:

TC, after all you have been through I think this is the clearest path you have chosen, now you have to manage your energy and prepare yourself. As they say, Everything is perfect just the way it is. I wish you all the best, you are in my thoughts and prayers and surely in the prayers of everyone on the forum who supports you.
A hug

T.C. I also thing that you made the right decision. It's better to work with the system now that it is available and reduce the chances of that cancer coming back.

Just make sure you take the measures you can with complementary stuff just to help your body recover. We will be with you in spirit and prayers.

A person may be consciously against standard treatments but his or her faith in getting cured without them may be weak, or viceversa. Then there is the timing, as explained in the session you quoted. And, another thing we don't quite understand is substances and their compatibility with each individual and each disease in terms of the information they carry. THAT is a total mystery at our level, something we can only get a glimpse of with homeopathy, or kinesiology and such.

These and other reasons seem to be why each case is so different from others. It might also involve individual lessons.

Some really good points there Chu which hadn't crossed my mind.

Just make sure you take the measures you can with complementary stuff just to help your body recover. We will be with you in spirit and prayers.

Complimentary stuff definitely needed, prayers too.

All the best for the 23rd, T.C.

Back
Top Bottom