Mitigating Chaos and Building Lifelines to our Future

In City Prepping the main 7 areas he talks about when it comes to surviving a crisis up to three months are:
  1. Shelter
  2. Water
  3. Food
  4. Medicine
  5. Security
  6. Communication
  7. Community
So each of these are probably important areas to focus on. I would also add 8. Transportation, 9. Energy, and 10. Hygiene to this list as well. It might be worth it for people to take a full inventory of how they score in each of these areas and if they come up short can access some resources on getting more prepared there?

About energy, there is an interesting bunch of tech reviewed at the following thread. It's easy to use and set up, and can be stored in a large faraday bag in the closet for a massive CME-style rainy day. Kudos to @Cosmos, who really went in depth and shared some great options.

I think it should be obvious by now that we should plan on doing without electricity. Either for prolonged periods, or just…gone for good. So, I look around and say: OK, no electricity…now what? I’ve decided I’m not going to harm my neighbors over food and supplies, or watch their children starve or not help them with my “stuff” medically or whatever. So, if 6 months’ worth of supplies becomes 6 weeks or 6 days, then so be it. The only attitude I will get is if someone tries to take or steal if from me. Then maybe it will become kinetic.

Recently a friend of mine was speaking with a client and the subject come up of are you putting away supplies “prepping” and the person said simply. NO. I know something is coming but I’m not putting away anything. Friend says why? He says because I’m going to take it from you and anyone else. Many people are prepping, and I plan on taking from those who have more than I do. Now that was spooky, but I also suppose there are many who are either as cognizant as this guy and know what they are planning to do if things get ugly, but I also think some people don’t know it, but will follow suit as soon as they see the pattern of ugliness. At least I know I have one in the neighborhood😊

What you write above touches upon a whole other set of considerations; safety and security. Because not only will many Totalitarian governmental policies get implemented, and we'll be working on offsetting THAT sort of evil - but we'll also have to be aware of how the criminal mind rears its ugly head locally as people become desperate and cruel towards others. This is absolutely where a strong sense of situational awareness will be helpful; a knowledge of what's going on all around us, of what to look out for and watch for, where and when we might be vulnerable to certain elements, etc., etc. And this is also where asking for and invoking protection, in the ways that are specific to this community, will also help to keep us safe and unharmed.

By observing Laura and this forum ask questions over the years, I have found that the questions need to be crafted. And half the question I craft, get answered by myself in the crafting process. Also, the C’s are crafting the answers back with attention to who they are talking to, and what level of understating they have. And they give the answer in a metered-out fashion. Not the whole banana exposed all at once. It works for me to put myself in the position of the C’s or the questioner of the C’s and keep it specific, that works. Look at us now after decades with the C’s and still we don’t have the whole banana. Why would I try to give the whole banana to someone in a day or even a week. So, maybe I could help with confused souls. (I have to add that once information has been “metered” out as best one can. Stop, wait, and see what is done with the information. Is this person struggling with it in an effort to gain more knowledge, or are they just wanting attention and to have their ears tickled?)

Exactly. We shouldn't account for all the craziness by saying, "Its all the doing of our 4D STS overlords!!" :umm:

This is where a lot of consideration for who one is speaking to, what they're asking, what they may or may not be prepared to hear, what one is equipped to explain, and so on, would seem to be so important. And sometimes just being a decent obyvatel, listening to someone asking to be heard, offering a suggestion, or simplifying our knowledge in a way that is digestible and not "Profound!" - may be all that's needed for a constructive exchange. The last thing we need is to alienate potential friends or allies or people asking for help - just because we have a grasp of a part of the "whole banana," as you say.

I've been thinking about psychological preparations.

[...]

I've experienced very long hours of silent waiting while out hunting, and I can attest to the struggle with boredom. It's actually really hard! When there's nothing to do but sit there and wait, I've noticed it's a ripe time for dissociation, or getting hijacked by the Predator mind. It really puts into perspective what Mary Balogh wrote:

"When you are alone in such surroundings (the wilderness), you come face-to-face with yourself or else you go mad."

I think that's what a lot of us have been doing here for years - coming face-to-face with ourselves. So we've had some practice, but the times to come might crank up this challenge by an order of magnitude.

Great insights here, especially when one considers the 'hyperkinetic sensate' of the Wave and being confronted with all the parts of ourselves that are less than, or falls far short of, what one aspires to. And while that's certainly a biggie, there are also all the more mundane and everyday ways in which one seeks dopamine hits and short-term gratification, leaving our better selves behind bit by bit, and cumulatively, until we potentially allow dysfunction to take a greater place in our lives than we realize.

Fortunately, we DO have a host of tools, cognitive practices, literature, and technologies that can (and do) help us offset the predator's mind, negative thinking, thought loops, and boredom-inspired negative dissociation. But then the question becomes - seemingly everyday - how much will power will I exert over my lesser parts to make good and consistent use of these tools? And I certainly put this question to myself because how many times have I said: "Oh, this afternoon or tonight I'll make some time to do this or that (constructive thing)!!" - only to choose to do something else, and let that opportunity get away from me.

So I agree, and see this time now and going forward as an even more crucial period from which to psychologically adjust, and thank everyone for sharing their thoughts here about the myriad of ways we'd do well to prepare ourselves.

In the end what stays with you is knowledge and who you are (being) including how you are able handle stress/fear/depression/mourning/"negative emotions" and how flexible you are able to react to different new situations (including horrible ones) and adapt to them. This you just will not know beforehand; you will only know when you are there IMO.

Yes, there are a great number of shocks many of us are likely to experience going forward as we do our best to "enjoy the show". How we metabolize those shocks, what we do in response to them, what we can possibly learn from them, how we might become stronger individuals (and stronger as a community) as a result of them - would all seem to be reliant upon our inner and outer resources and the perspectives we take in how we view those shocks. We'll very likely have a host of new experiences to look forward to, varying in intensity.

We've been advised to see things as an adventure when things go wrong. And I can imagine many of us thinking, "Shit! I don't want adventure! I just wanna relax in my hobbit den and smoke my pipe in peace!". Laura has certainly intimated similar sentiments herself early on, so we can certainly take inspiration from her own incredible level of growth over the years, and by extension, the level of this community's growth. But growth does imply a willingness to get out of our relative comfort zones, and the more we can make peace with that - doing what IT doesn't like, being comfortable with being uncomfortable, etc. - the better off we're likely to be of course.

Speaking of adventure, the following passages come from Mouravieff's Gnosis I. Though they're presented as allegories for esoteric self development, I think that they could also serve as a reminder for the importance of pressing on in the face of external danger and what that may feel and seem like at some times:

In the pictorial language of the Tradition, the void of which we spoke at the beginning of this chapter is given the name either of moat or threshold. Further on, we shall use the last name rather more, but here we shall use the first in relation to a symbolic fragment. Esoteric teaching has always presented its disciples with symbols; either diagrams or literary fragments in symbolic form. These fragments must be learnt by heart, then represented by an appropriate figure. The exercise is also practised starting from the diagram, in which case a literary fragment must be written.

Here is one of these fragments:

Lost in a forest full of wild beasts, moved by confused but deep feelings, a bewildered man searches for the way. Exhausted after running the gauntlet of a thousand dangers, he emerges at the edge.

Spread out before him is a view which fills him with admiration mixed with fear: a great castle of primitive beauty is on the other side of a large moat filled with clear and living water. Behind the castle a happy valley opens out, lit by the last rays of the sun. To the left, a dark reddish horizon warns of a coming storm.

Marvelling, and seized by a passionate desire to reach the castle, he forgets the dangers and fatigue to which he has been exposed.
— 'How do I get there?' He asks himself.

Suddenly he hears a Voice speaking to him from his inmost heart.

'The moat', it says, 'can only be crossed by swimming... the current is strong and the water icy.'

In spite of this, the man feels a surge of new strength mounting within him. Committed, he throws himself into the moat. The cold paralyses his breathing, but by an extreme effort of will he reaches the other side in a few strokes and jumps onto the first step of the stairs, where he gets a foothold. Three more immense granite steps tower above him. They lead to a large stage in the form of a semicircle, defended by two towers. Two closed doors give access to them.

A roaring sound comes to his ears. The man turns. At the place where he stood only instants before, a pack of wolves paw at the ground.

The day is coming to an end. In the dusk he can still distinguish the blazing eyes of the hungry beasts.

Again he hears the Voice telling him:

— 'All in all, the risk was not that great. If you had refused, you would have been torn to shreds by the wolves.'

Terrified by his escape from that danger, the man estimates the difficulties that will accompany his climb.
He had hardly started to climb the second step when a deluge of rain falls, making the stones slippery and obstructing his movement — yet he ends by getting a foot- hold. The storm passes and the rain diminishes. His face and clothes drip heavily onto the stone.
— 'Little does it matter,' says the Voice, 'you had already got wet crossing the moat'

The man regains his breath again and starts climbing. Night falls, and the crescent of the new moon appears pale and golden on his right, towards the setting sun.

— 'A good sign,' he hears within himself.

The man smiles. Now he clings to a tiny ledge, reaching for the third step. He reaches it, hands and legs stained with blood. No sooner had he stood up than a gust of glacial wind almost throws him off again. Clinging to the ground, he climbs up to the wall forming the fourth step, and finds shelter there.

— 'That is not all,' says the Voice. Do not waste time taking shelter. The step can split, and then the earth will swallow you up.'
His resistance to the storm, instead of exhausting him, redoubles his strength. Now he climbs the fourth step with little difficulty, although it is as high as the preceding ones.

Standing, he hears an alarm trumpet like thunder. Suddenly, a scorching wind strikes him in the face. He lifts his eyes. In the obscurity of the night, a shining figure stands to attention before him: It is the Guardian, clad in armour and shining helmet, arms outstretched, a blazing sword in his hand and pointed towards the man.

— 'Who are you, pilgrim?' he asks. 'To what end and in whose name have you passed these obstacles and climbed the steps of paradise?'

Overcome by a surge of ineffable joy, the man repeats in a loud voice the words he has just heard in the depth of his heart. He feels as if they are now his, and answers the Guardian with courage.

— I am the Soul in search of divine happiness; a particle aspiring to unite with the Creative Principle I'

— 'Your answer is correct', replies the Guardian.

The door to the tower on the right opens. The sword returns to its sheath. The Guardian takes the man by the hand and leads him across the threshold of the open door...

Dawn gilds the eastern sky. Precursor of the Sun, the morning Star shines above the happy Valley.

Here is another of these fragments, taken from classical literature: a passage from Turgenev.13

I see a great building, one enormous mass. In the front wall is a narrow arch with open doors; behind them, dark mists. In front of the high threshold there is a young girl... a pretty Russian girl.

A breeze comes from the dark and icy mists, a current of freezing air, bringing with it from the depths of the building the sound of a slow and muffled voice.

— 'You who aspire to cross this threshold, do you know what awaits you here?' — I know,' answers the young girl.

— 'Cold, hunger, hate, mockery, scorn, injustice, prison, illness and even death?' — I know it.'

— 'Do you expect to be shunned by everyone? Do you expect to be totally alone?' — 'I am ready. I know it. I shall bear all the suffering and all the blows'.

— 'Even if they do not come from enemies, but from parents, from friends?' — 'Yes... even from those...'

— 'Good. Do you accept the sacrifice?' — 'Yes'.

— 'An anonymous sacrifice? You will perish and nobody... but nobody will even know whose memory to honour?'

— 'I have no use for recognition and pity. I have no use for a name.'

— 'Are you ready for crime?' The young girl bowed her head.

— 'Even for crime.'

The voice which was questioning her did not continue right away. At last it started again:

— 'Do you know that one day you will believe no more in what you believe in now, and come to think that you have been a dupe and that it was for nothing that you have lost your young life?'

— 'That too I know. Well though I know it, I wish to enter.' The young girl crossed the threshold. A heavy curtain fell. Gritting his teeth, someone uttered behind her:

— 'A foolish girl!'

At which, from another place, a voice replied:

— 'A saint!'

What a great thread.

In regards to the spiritual efforts that can aid us in remaining equanimous in the face of chaos, I find value in analyzing mystical Christian monastic traditions, and extrapolating from the practical approach of working the steps of Catharsis to Theoria, and ultimately towards Theosis as a community.

Indeed, that is the preparatory work we are to undertake if we intend to survive and help others see how to make it through the coming mayhem as well.

Obviously not all of us can (or should) abandon our personal responsibilities and go join a monastery or undergo a strictly clerical and/or communal lifestyle in order to accelerate our spiritual development. That route isn’t absolutely necessary for the solitary aspirant in the world who endeavors with all his/her might to grow and develop spiritually; especially in the most challenging epoch in history. Nevertheless, some very important lessons taught within monasticism offer options for those committed to sanctifying, purifying and regenerating their body, mind and spirit. We can take some of those practices and principles, apply them, and expand our awareness. Mitigating chaos sometimes begins from within.

First of all, I want to define Catharsis, Theoria, and Theosis just in case these terms are foreign to anyone:

Catharsis means purification. It’s the beginning stage of purgation wherein you start turning away from all that is faulty, “unclean” or unwholesome in your mind and behavior. This also constitutes ardent work at purifying and disciplining your mind, body, and behavior.

Theoria means illumination. It’s the second stage of the process to divinization whereby an aspirant’s mind, body, and behavior are made pure—through adherence to practices such as regular prayer, meditation, contemplation, singing/chanting, etc. This is a direct experience of God that is achieved in a state of deep contemplation, which transforms you through a communion of great stillness and peace.

Theosis means glorification. This is the result of the transmutative process brought about by your personal efforts, training, and persistence to partake more fully within the higher divine nature of reality. This is ultimately the purpose of mankind; in striving for this mystical union with God. It is easiest to pursue within a devoted spiritual life such as practiced within a monastic community where you can put all your energies into the communal efforts.

Anyone familiar with Troels Engberg-Pedersen’s I –> X –> S model will have a general understanding of how this process applied communally is achievable. This also highlights the importance of how diligent we might want to remain in our own personal processes of Catharsis and Theoria. Doing so will enable us to be better prepared for the days when it is paramount for us to know how to handle ourselves while under immense pressure, and how that will reflect in our potential ability to aid others.

The more I have read, the more I’ve noticed 5 recurring, yet very simplistic practices common amongst the monks, friars, priests, ministers, reverends, abbots, ascetics, nuns, and all other spiritual others claiming to walk the mystical path towards theosis:

1.) In most all of the (Eastern) monastic traditions, particular breathing exercises combined with prayer are essential. There are many different techniques, but these breathing/prayer exercises were usually followed by meditation of the apophatic flavor—cultivating an inner quiet where the objective isn’t to try and think of God’s attributes, (for God is essentially unfathomable, incomprehensible, and unthinkable in terms of thoughts or images) but rather abandoning all thoughts or images entirely so that one could establish holy communion. These protocols are emphasized for dealing with the hardships of inner and outer life just as much as they are for establishing connection with God. Lucky for us, we have the Eiriu Eolas Breathing and Mediation program and all of the wonderful benefits that it provides us. So I would say that prioritizing and remaining consistent in our practice of EE going forward is highly recommended.

2.) Another daily practice might be devotional singing or chanting. Using chant-filled prayer with great devotion can arouse deep spiritual emotions while also feeling the transformative power of the sounds. The power of singing or chanting can stimulate and then harmonize your internal energy. The practice of chanting hymns and singing spiritual songs should never be monotonous because the sound power should vibrate the energy within you at different parts of your body, or your whole body at once.

3.) If you are able bodied, daily exercise should be included in order to maintain your health and fitness. Even though some of us are well advanced in our psychological and spiritual disciplines, we can tend to neglect our bodies or even subject them to ascetic extremes that weaken or harm them. The maintenance of our physical health through regular diet, intermittent fasting, exercise/labor, etc. isn’t just for our own personal wellbeing, but also for the sake of being better conditioned to potentially take care of others who cannot fully care for themselves.

4.) Throughout the day or every night before bed, practice keeping a log of your thoughts, actions, and behaviors. This can help you perform a daily review and keep track of whether you are progressing, digressing, or remaining stagnant in your spiritual pursuits. You can also see what chinks you have in your armor, and see what you could be doing differently to buffer them out.

5.) Remember that understanding how to progress in our spiritual development should not be restricted to studying only “spiritual/metaphysical” things. We should continue learning and applying information from books/sources that help us develop more useful skills, change our habits, transform our personality to become a better person, how to do things for the community’s benefit, and also on how to develop better relationships with others.

I know that all or most of these points are probably common sense/knowledge, but it doesn’t hurt to remind ourselves to stay on course and to continue progressing. Worrying too much about the outcomes of this or that situation that we have no control over is futile. As long as we are working towards changing the things we can, including ourselves, for the benefit of something greater than ourselves, then I wholeheartedly believe that we will be able to endure whatever is coming.. And indeed a better world will triumph. If anything, this inspires me to continue working; looking at the times ahead as an opportunity to finally utilize the spiritual gifts I have been given and hopefully expand on the ones I am developing.

Keep your head up. We were made for this!

I think tools how to handle and mitigate PTSD and other (emotional) issues could be very valuable in the future for yourself and the persons around you. The solution for many generations was pushing it in the background of their mind, trying to forget, trying just to do the tasks needed to survive/live and do not tell about their horrible experiences, which caused other issues in the long run. EE, praying (or "guided meditations") could be helpful with this.
I was thinking about this today as I am reading Peter Levine's Waking the Tiger - Healing Trauma for a course I will be doing. There are two chapters that could be helpful (I can't recall whether he has so-called "First Aid" suggestions in his book In an Unspoken Voice, I would have to look it up):

Administering (Emotional) First Aid After an Accident and First Aid for Children.

Knowing that people could begin to shake and tremble after difficult events and allowing them to do so while explaining what is happening to them could be useful as well and will mitigate PTSD.

I will see if I can find anything helpful in Peter Levine's literature. Now back to reading the rest of this wonderful thread.

I was writing in my journal the other day, and the question came up - are there other things to say? Have I made peace with death?

Have I made peace, in other words, with my life? Do I have regrets? Do I feel ripped off in this life? Has a call of the Soul gone unanswered? Is there such a thing as a 'call of the Soul'? A life plan? It seems so.

I would have loved to have found my Soulmate and become a father. I would have loved to live a life of writing, drawing, music - an ars vitae. I find myself identifying with certain protagonists of the Romance Novels, who are convinced that they will never find love at their 'advanced age of 25' or who tell themselves they are 'practically ancient' at 30 - that all the potential of life has dwindled into exhaustion, ennui, or resignation.

Upon reflection, though these sentiments or regrets of mine are real and deserve attention and perhaps action, I can see the limited linearity of them. There is no reason why love or making art and pursuing beauty would somehow no longer be an option during the coming changes. If anything, in the difficult times preceding 4D transition, to the experience of 4D itself, the principles that we all aspire to may be amplified, more recognizable, and perhaps even easier to choose.

The novels tell story after story of people who move from destitution, isolation, manipulation, trauma, fear and all manner of limitations to prosperity, family, honesty, healing, joy, and the discovery of their own innate potential, which is most deeply expressed in the form of a pregnancy or a new child. And it's the transformational power of love that allows them to make peace with their lives.

Boy, do they fight it, though - kicking and screaming. I've seen this in myself, too, this deep resistance to feeling good. It's so bizarre when I notice it. So strange as it is to say in these troubled times, it makes sense to also hold onto our hats and make some preparations to feel a newfound sense of joy and love. I think this will be a key to mitigating chaos and building lifelines to our future.

I was thinking about this today as I am reading Peter Levine's Waking the Tiger - Healing Trauma for a course I will be doing. There are two chapters that could be helpful (I can't recall whether he has so-called "First Aid" suggestions in his book In an Unspoken Voice, I would have to look it up):

Administering (Emotional) First Aid After an Accident and First Aid for Children.

Knowing that people could begin to shake and tremble after difficult events and allowing them to do so while explaining what is happening to them could be useful as well and will mitigate PTSD.

I will see if I can find anything helpful in Peter Levine's literature. Now back to reading the rest of this wonderful thread.
I can't find my Levine books so pulling from memory. Levine tells of a bad car wreck he was in and how someone stayed with him, maybe holding his hand and giving assurances that he'd ok....Search for that.

I'm not sure talking at people about what they're going would be helpful at that time, that it's more a matter of being with them as a comfort.

I can remember at least 2 times of going through the shaking process. Once was after a harrowing drive home where a tornado and storm hit my home area.

The other time, driving in a heavy rain and another driver clipped my car's tail end, putting my car in a spin on a multilane bridge.

I'm not sure talking at people about what they're going would be helpful at that time, that it's more a matter of being with them as a comfort.
Here is what Peter Levine says in Waking the Tiger (just love the title!):
Let them know that it is not only OK that they shake, but it's good and will help them release the shock. They will get a sense of relief after the shaking is completed and may feel warmth in their hands and feet. Their breathing should be fuller and easier.
I did a quick search and found this pdf in regards to Emotional First Aid:
Emotional First Aid
by Gina Ross, MFCC and Peter Levine, Ph.D.
Do's and Don'ts
Get together with family and friends and support each other.
Organize and meet in community groups in neighborhoods, YMCAs and religious centers.
Don't be isolated.
Try to get the information about your loved ones ASAP, watch the news for limited times and
then turn it off for a while. You can put the TV on every two hours to get the information you
need, but do not get hooked on its traumatic images.
It is crucial to refocus on your resources, anything that helps you feel calmer, stronger and more
grounded refocus on all your support systems. Do things that keep your mind occupied, such as
watching a movie, knitting, gardening, cooking, playing with children or pets or going in nature.
Stay active and volunteer help in the hospitals or give blood. You can send money or help staff
help lines for distressed people.
Encourage people and yourself not to tell their stories in a repetitive way which ultimately
deepens the trauma, and instead support and hear each other about this real tragedy/catastrophe,
but with interruptions of the story from beginning to end. Feel your feelings and allow your
emotions to be expressed in a rational framework and in productive actions that you may chose
to take. This will help you to process feelings without overwhelming yourself and not get stuck
in obsessive thinking.
Psychological Response
People can have many different reactions to the tragedy.
Some will be in shock, stunned and dissociated for a while. They may feel numb and cut off
from the terror and pain.
Children may become 'clingy' and have nightmares. Alternatively, they may act out aggressively.
This is normal. It might last a few days or more but it will pass. They need to be reassured and
feel protected.
People may feel fear and deep sorrow, confusion, anger and helplessness. These feelings are
normal too and will pass.
People may feel anxious, hyper-vigilant ('on guard') and easily irritated. They need to engage in
activities and creative expression that calms them. Being with family members and friends can
help calming.
Physiological Response
It is natural to have a physical reaction to this stress, so don't let these scare you. It is good to
recognize signs of 'activation' and not to be scared by them:
• heart beating faster
• difficulty breathing
• blood pressure going up
• stomach tightening, knot in the throat
• skin cold and racy thoughts
• these reactions will dissipate-go away-if we don't fight them
• people might experience some difficulty sleeping, wanting to eat too much, salty or sweet
food, and might want to engage in addictive behaviors such as excessive use of alcohol or drugs
Symptoms can be very diverse. They can be stable, or come and go. They can occur in clusters.
Some people's old unresolved traumas may get re-triggered. Their sense of safety and trust may
get shaken. They need to remind themselves of their names, their actual age and today's date and
place.
The best 'antidote' is to try to be aware of these and other impulses, and to be accepting that you
are deeply upset-and that it will pass.
Helpful Response
We can help our nervous system recuperate its balance by understanding how it discharges when
it is over-stimulated. Some examples of this are:
• trembling, shaking or sweating
• warmth in our body
• stomach gurgling
• breathing deeply
• crying or laughing
These are good, it means that we are discharging some of this the energy and coming back into
balance. Mostly, we want to just observe what's happening in our body without judgment, just
watching and understanding that our body has the innate ability to regain its balance if we just let
it feel what it feels, and give it the time to do what it wants to do.
What to Do
It is very important to stay 'grounded.' If you are feeling disoriented, confused, upset and in
disbelief, you can do the following exercise:
Sit on a chair, feel your feet on the ground, press on your thighs, feel your behind
on the seat, and your back supported by the chair; look around you and pick six
objects that have red or blue. This should allow you to feel in the present, more
grounded and in your body. Notice how your breath gets deeper and calmer. You
may want to go outdoors and find a peaceful place to sit on the grass. As you do,
feel how your bottom can be held and supported by the ground.
Here is an exercise that will allow you to feel your body as a 'container' to hold your feelings.
Gently pat the different parts of your body with your hand, with a loose wrist.
Your body may feel more tingling, more alive, sharp, you may feel more
connected to your feelings.
Another exercise is to tense your muscles, each group at a time. Hold your shoulders with arms
across your chest, tighten your grip on them and pat your arms up and down. Do the same with
your legs, tighten them and hold them from the outside, patting through their length. Tighten
your back, tighten your front, then gently release the tension. This may help you or your loved
one feel more balanced.
Sports, aerobics and weight training help avoid depression and are a channel for aggression.
If you believe in prayer or in some sort of greater power, pray for the rest of the souls of the
dead, for the healing of the wounded, for consolation for the grieving. Pray for peace, for
understanding and wisdom and for the forces of goodness to prevail. Do not give up faith in the
ultimate goodness of being and keep your trust in humanity.

And last, just know that we, humans, are extremely resilient and have been able to recuperate
from the most horrendous tragedies. Furthermore we have the ability to let ourselves be
transformed by our traumas, when we heal them and open ourselves to the possibility.

Here is what Peter Levine says in Waking the Tiger (just love the title!):⬇️
"Let them know that it is not only OK that they shake, but it's good and will help them release the shock. They will get a sense of relief after the shaking is completed and may feel warmth in their hands and feet. Their breathing should be fuller and easier."

Thanks; I wasn't sure about that and here's why:

I was driving on a back road, thru the Pocono mountains and a car behind me impatiently passed me on a 40 degree incline. Unseen to him was another car coming up the incline from opposite direction. The cars crashed head on and the aftermath was horrible. The road was empty but for the 2 cars and mine. Both cars had a husband driving, wife in passenger seat, and 2 children in the backseat.

The car that passed me and caused the wreck...none were wearing seat belts. The other car, all passengers were. It was weird because Pa had just passed a mandatory seatbelt law, the day before.

I got out of my car and the man who passed me was laying on the side of the road, bloody and his breath bubbling blood. His wife was walking around with a bloodied face screaming. She wouldn't let me approach her.

Since I traveled so much and had been stuck in freezing weather, I kept a lot of blankets and gear in my car. This day was very cold so I laid a blanket over the man on the road.

I then went to check inside the cars. The car which was hit and wore seat belts were not apparently physically harmed, but each, father, mother, and 2 children (boy/girl) in backseat were frozen staring into space....During this ordeal, which went on for hours, I did not see this family move...They were in severe shock. Not knowing what to do for them, I went to the car which caused the accident and did not have seatbelts on.

There were boys in the back seat. One was really messed up, eyes closed and I could not get a response from him. I could speak with his brother, who was not hurt, and asked him if he could get out of the car. He did and I wraped a blanket around him and let him sit in my car, to stay warm, letting it run with heater on.

This was an isolated road and finally a driver came along. These were the days without cell phones, so I asked him to drive to the nearest town and call for an ambulance. After awhile cars started backing up. It took HOURS for medical help to arrive. I did not have EMT training and I never felt so helpless in my life.

Now here's why I'm giving all these details. The boy who I could do something for and put in my car (I didn't want him sitting next to his brother who was unresponsive) really freaked out on me. I was sitting with him, in my car, and talking calmly that help was on the way. He started screaming, "Shut up," over and over covering his ears. That is why I wasn't sure if explaining about the shaking/trembling would be helpful.

I learned later that the man thrown from the car died.

Last edited:
I think tools how to handle and mitigate PTSD and other (emotional) issues could be very valuable in the future for yourself and the persons around you.
Forgot to say this in my last post, but this is such an important point. I found a very simple exercise for people, when they are just too overwhelmed and need to ease their despair. Apparently, it helped the nurse Peter Levine mentions and subsequently, she shared the exercise with others:

For some perspective Joe is a dude who lives in a community house with a lot of preparations already in place for a large number of social, economic, and medical contingencies. ;-)

Yes, but the level of our prep is easily achievable by anyone on this forum. And none of it is going to last for long in the absence of resupply. The point being, prepping of physical goods beyond a certain limit is pointless IMO, and I'd say not only a waste of time and energy, but also a potential problem in the way that it frames the perception of the future in a limiting and limited way.

I'd just leave open the possibility that “those who endure to the end shall save others” can also very well mean helping those on the pre-transition road in 3D (as well as post-transition); the two not being mutually exclusive. The main point being that if we're enduring (to the time of the transition) just to save our own skins without a thought to helping others, we'd be doing it for the wrong reason; its the intention and the reasons behind enduring to the end that matters.

I don't think there is any way to prepare for a situation where we, i.e. anyone on this forum, could be in a position to help large (or even relatively small) numbers of people in dire straits. Whether or not the way we are preparing is for the 'right' or 'wrong' reasons cannot be limited to simple ideas of self interest or altruism, IMO. It has be grounded in a good understanding of the reality of the world we live in and the events that are transpiring on it. It also requires a good understanding of self and others and the 'big picture' nature of the events as they transpire. The Cs have given us a good understanding of this, and I think incorporating that understanding into our lives and actions (obviously in a general sense) is the best approach.

As I understand it, the process of helping those on the "pre-transition road in 3D" is what we have been and are doing, this forum being an example of that.

Back
Top Bottom