Morgellons: Controversial disease doctors refuse to treat

Effective Treatment Presented For Morgellon's Disease

I am a veterinarian and have some knowledge on bacteriology , parasitology and pathogenesis of the diseases.
Although very openminded I have to say that this link - healing search seems to be nothing but disinformation as it presents alot of oter BS.

What was puzzling was that this diseases was always refered to as of parasitical origin, now all of the sudden it is bacterial?

But -this is especially funny:
"I have finally cultured the bacteria causing this disease it is termed stenotrophomonasmaltophilia this organism is extremely resistant to most antibiotics.

The skin crawling sensation is due to the multiple flagella on the organism and the fibers are produced by the organism itself, the organism is found widespread in bottled spring water from France. One study revealed that 1/3 of bottled waters are contaminated with this organism. High dose treatment is involved, supportive care and high dose sulphur drugs, although other antibiotics may be necessary."

This is a total nonsense - bacteria are microscopic organisms, there is no chance that flapping of flagella on such organisms would be detected as crawling sensation
If this was the case we would be driven mad with constant movement of all the microflora that inhabits our intestines.

Fot me this is enough to dismiss this guy as a total quack and this is quite evident from the price he has put on his book.
Scientific books and publications of this kind are never sold for such a high price

Laura careful with your sources....

And this is worst then Rumsfield's scaremongers who were promoting Tamiflu

http://www.beatricebooks.com/

Deckard said:
Laura careful with your sources....
That's why I put it here, for reading, review, and checking. I cannot possibly research everything I come across even if my reading is wide-ranging and I often stumble on stuff that I would LOVE to follow, but can't due to time and energy constraints.

That's the whole purpose of a network... no one of us can EVER have the whole cheese, but together we can figure stuff out and watch each other's back.

Having said that, I DO wonder if a really comprehensive parasite program would cure Morgellons?

One of my children once had a rash and the doctor said is was candidiasis on the skin. She prescribed a kind of lotion that goes on and has to be washed off after a few minutes because it consists not only of a fungicide, but also contains an acid that eats off the dead layers of skin under which the fungus grows. So, maybe something along that line might be the answer?

I could never get a U.S. doctor to take seriously the idea that the child might have candida on her skin; he wouldn't even take a swab and send it to the lab; but the French doctor saw it right away and knew what to do.

I know Laura and I fully appreciate your point
I am a great admirer of your brilliant mind and your work thats why I get really anoyyed when you get side tracked like this...

Laura said:
Having said that, I DO wonder if a really comprehensive parasite program would cure Morgellons?
First we have to isolate the organism that causes this disease, identify it and learnabout its morphology and physiology.
To be perfectly honest after reading most of the available stuff on the net I am not sure if all of this is not just another hoax,

there is too much controversy

I know next to nothing about these issues, yet let me state my "working hypothesis" here.
I consider it quite plausible that our bodies "know" the physiology and morphology of the attackers. I consider it quite plausible that our bodies may "know" how to deal with them. But whether our bodies do it or not may depend on many factors. Being busy with dealing with parasites our bodies may have no resources left to deal with some other intruders. If so, then I still see a possibility that getting rid of parasites may have consequences that are "not in the books". In other words, I would not dismiss the idea, unless experiments dismiss it. There is some evidence (or so I have heared) that parasite tratement has some positive yet unexpected by the "official medicine" effects. I consider it plausible. I know that 'official physics" is completely blind to certain well known facts. I would be surprised if this would not be the case with the "official medicine".

http://www.safe2use.com/pests/scabies/gettingridof/030.htm

This page is interesting in the morgellon's arena. Also, the whole site has something to contribute if you go backwards somewhat. I saw another page that showed an organism that also caused lesions and made fibers, different from the one in this article. This collection of articles by people do not kick my BS meter...they are simply searching for what their problem is and what did and didn't work. The fact that they are grouping this under scabies is interesting.

This particular link page also indicates possible infection from cotton products, re a nematode of sorts. To worry about q-tips and undies can make one paranoid, especially in this day of media-fearmongering. But since stranger things have happened in the disease-carrying arena, it is a thought to keep on the back burner.

One will most likely never know how these organisms come about....archeological, meteorite, govt involvement, global warming of ancient ice or normally dormant ultra-deep ocean waters surfacing with millenia old sediment traces....

ark said:
I know next to nothing about these issues, yet let me state my "working hypothesis" here.
I consider it quite plausible that our bodies "know" the physiology and morphology of the attackers. I consider it quite plausible that our bodies may "know" how to deal with them. But whether our bodies do it or not may depend on many factors. Being busy with dealing with parasites our bodies may have no resources left to deal with some other intruders. If so, then I still see a possibility that getting rid of parasites may have consequences that are "not in the books". In other words, I would not dismiss the idea, unless experiments dismiss it. There is some evidence (or so I have heared) that parasite tratement has some positive yet unexpected by the "official medicine" effects. I consider it plausible. I know that 'official physics" is completely blind to certain well known facts. I would be surprised if this would not be the case with the "official medicine".
Well Ark I am as equally disapointed in the official medicine and science in general as you are.
First you are being conditioned during your childhood education and then this wrong outlook on life and universe is finally sealed during your higher education. It takes alot of strenght to break and shake off this mold you find yourself in. It took me years of practice and immense frustration with the solutions official medicine has to offer, to start searching for other answers. This is why I turned to homeopathy and have discovered entire new world. My patients are much happier now and consequtively I am happier too.

Nevertheless we must not disregard basic scientific and logic principles.
There is alot of disinformation out there and my point is - many things about this Morgellons disease simply do not add - I am still keeping my eyes open but I am not convinced

Deckard said:
First we have to isolate the organism that causes this disease, identify it and learnabout its morphology and physiology.
To be perfectly honest after reading most of the available stuff on the net I am not sure if all of this is not just another hoax,

there is too much controversy
Yeah, I know. It almost has the taste of a terror campaign. For some reason, I just haven't been terribly motivated to even look into it. But then, I haven't been suffering from it either. I am HIGHLY motivated to look into fibromyalgia because I am a lifelong sufferer of many of the constellation of symptoms that make up that particular syndrome.

Also, I've dealt with so many illnesses and various types of afflictions, having raised five children, that I suspect that if something like this "Morgellons" appeared around me it wouldn't survive long. I'd probably plaster it with a mixture of sulphur and burnt motor oil... great cure for mange on dogs, you know not to mention about anything a kid picks up. Looks and smells nasty, but works like a charm. Then I'd probably mix up some wormwood and black walnut and dose the patient every day for a month or so.

Anyway, I hope that somebody solves it... or exposes it.

epona said:
read this with much effort, I am sorry but it simply doesnt make sense

he is confusing many things,

demodex is a type of mite that is normally found on the skin of both humans and many animals. Everysingle person has demodex mites on their skin. They are normally harmless as they feed on debris of a dead tissue i.e dead skin cells. In some individuals natural balance gets disrupted due to various reasons and then inflamatory reaction develops on the skin due to these parasites. In these cases we are presented with demodicosis which is easily diagnosed with simple skin scrapings.
For example dogs that suffer from demodicosis very often have some very serious underlaying problem like cancer etc.
The size of this mite totally excludes the possibility of it causing of crawling sensation. severe pruritus maybe but not crawling sensation.

in addition pictyures that are presented on this page are indicative of nothing. I have seen plenty of demodex specimens under the microscope (in all developmental stadiums) this doesnt come even close.
Same goes for diferent species of nematodes.

Also what makes me extremly suspicious is the fact that he talks about presence of the parasite both on the skin and in the bowels. Again this simply doesnt make senes. Even if this was alien species that came to earth on a metorite or was introduced by grays certan laws can be aplied. These laws of parasitism are most probably universal regardles of the planet but even if they are not they would have to apply to the species that has adapted itself to feed on human beings.

http://www.morgellons.org/casedef.html

This web site appears to be the most credible source of information, although I take all this with a pinch of salt - the biggest question still remains unanswered -
how come that in a high developed country like USA none of medical practitoners managed to provide material for isolation of the causative agent?!

Speaking of Morgellons, this article was in our local paper not too long ago... The woman was originally from my area:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06204/707970-85.stm

As to having candida on the skin, ever since I was a teenager, I my arms and legs would start to itch in late summer. Taking a shower and humidity brought it on. I had no rash (other than the red marks I'd claw into my skin from mad scratching). No doctor or dermatologist could figure it out. Back then, I used to tan quite a bit, so by late summer my skin was dried out and peeling. Allergy testing a while back determined I was allergic to dust and dust mites, which live on and feed off dead skin particles. I came to the conclusion that my dry/peeling skin at summer's end was providing a feast for them. A couple years ago, we had a summer that was very rainy and the first time I was still white as a ghost by September. However, it was also the first time I didn't itch (or very much). It kept me out of the sun for the last 3-4 summers, which now I realize probably deprived me of the natural source for vitamin D.

But now I wonder about the candida connection...am trying to find a doctor in this area famililar with it. Ha. Needle in a haystack indeed.

more you dig about this wierder it becomes...

the silence of medical establishment and government is conspicuous

Deckard said:
more you dig about this wierder it becomes...

the silence of medical establishment and government is conspicuous
Hi Deckard. That has been my opinion as well.
I have been digging into this since the middle of March. As a veterinary, you will understand why I have been seeing a link with an oomycete infection (think about pithiosis, saprolegnia etcetera).
I have been posting about this overhere :
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1484&p=3

There are times though that I become very cautious about it all. Just imagine the political consequences in case ALL would turn out to be a hoax. That would be so damned convenient for the powers that be: to (semi scientifically) demonstrate how an entire culture, an entire world even, could be taken in by the belief in a disease that doesn't even exist, with lots of false pictures, or true pictures that point to something else, like ... the burned Glass Wool that has been used on Rense ... arggh! As a reference!, or how the fibers should look like, just imagine. All through the internet.

But the disinformation around this topic is so "clever", and also so "stupid", fast and also slow, that if I add it all up what I have been trying to dig into the past two months, I tend to go back to my original feel about Morgellon's disease, i.e. it is real, and it is not supposed to be known. With this statement I do not exclude the possibility that lot's, and I mean lot's of people will probably have a different disease. And there's many many possibilities here.
But if there are fibres appearing that are cellulose like, than we DO have a new thing. And this thing is something the powers that be do not want to see exposed, or uncovered.

It is almost as worse as the 9/11 truth movement!

Something more Deckard. Referring back to the article with which Laura opened this thread, your response was :

Deckard said:
I am a veterinarian and have some knowledge on bacteriology , parasitology and pathogenesis of the diseases.
Although very openminded I have to say that this link - healing search seems to be nothing but disinformation as it presents alot of oter BS.
I agree, see below.

Deckard said:
What was puzzling was that this diseases was always refered to as of parasitical origin, now all of the sudden it is bacterial?
The cause is not known as far as I know, or am allowed to know. Is Trypanosoma a parasite, or an infection of a unicellular organism? Is Lagenidium giganteum (oomycete) a parasite, even if it usually lives freely in water? Is Chlamydia a parasite?

Deckard said:
But -this is especially funny:
"I have finally cultured the bacteria causing this disease it is termed stenotrophomonasmaltophilia this organism is extremely resistant to most antibiotics.

The skin crawling sensation is due to the multiple flagella on the organism and the fibers are produced by the organism itself, the organism is found widespread in bottled spring water from France. One study revealed that 1/3 of bottled waters are contaminated with this organism. High dose treatment is involved, supportive care and high dose sulphur drugs, although other antibiotics may be necessary."

This is a total nonsense - bacteria are microscopic organisms, there is no chance that flapping of flagella on such organisms would be detected as crawling sensation
If this was the case we would be driven mad with constant movement of all the microflora that inhabits our intestines.
Hehe, yes, quite funny. But it could be possible that those flagellated bacteria somehow managed to settle themselves inbetween our sensory organs, to tickle the receptors of our sensory organs  ;) Chemical stimulation though could still be possible!

What follows corroborates your opinion, and has been the reason for me to be sceptical. He said that he has cultured Stenotrophomonas maltophilia. Apart from the fact that these bacteria would never produce those fibers, fuzzballs and black specks, S. maltophilia is such a typical opportunist that it's presence in wounds is even not considered as a possible cause of infectious damage, to the point that it is recommended not to treat with antibiotics. So, quite evidently he did culture a passer by, a presence that has been caught "red handed" as there was simply food to be gathered.
From
http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic3457.htm

Other Problems to be Considered:
S maltophilia is a common cause of catheter-associated bacteruria in hospitalized patients. S maltophilia commonly colonizes the urine and potentially is pathogenic only in those with impaired host defenses, ie, patients with diabetes, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), cirrhosis, multiple myeloma, and those on steroids.

S maltophilia recovered from blood cultures may have come from contaminated IV fluids or from a distant infected source, eg, secondary bacteremia from the urinary tract in a patient who recently underwent instrumentation during a genitourinary (GU) procedure.
S maltophilia recovered from a wound with a clear or a serosanguineous discharge is of no clinical significance. If recovered from a purulent wound, S maltophilia may be the cause of the patient's wound infection.

The most common cause of confusion regarding S maltophilia is assuming that its recovery from body fluids implies a pathogenic role.

S maltophilia virtually never causes nosocomial pneumonia in patients who are ventilated and presumed to have nosocomial pneumonia because of fever, pulmonary infiltrates, and leukocytosis. The recovery of S maltophilia from respiratory secretions invariably represents colonization rather than infection, and its presence should not be addressed therapeutically.
Medical/Legal Pitfalls:
- Clinicians often make the mistake of treating S maltophilia colonization with antibiotics. Except when the pathogenic role of S maltophilia is clear (ie, IV line sepsis secondary to contaminating infusions, colonization related to IV monitoring devices, urological instrumentation resulting in colonization), the mere presence of S maltophilia should not prompt treatment because it usually implies colonization rather than infection.
- The most common clinical pitfall with S maltophilia colonization is to treat it when the organism is recovered from urine. S maltophilia bacteriuria ordinarily should not be treated. In a patient with an indwelling Foley catheter, S maltophilia may be accompanied by pyuria, which represents colonization rather than infection unless recent antecedent urological instrumentation has been performed.
- The most common clinical error with S maltophilia colonization involves treating patients on respirators in ICUs because S maltophilia was recovered from their respiratory secretions.
- Because S maltophilia does not cause pneumonia, colonization should not be treated in patients who are ventilated, even if they have fever, pulmonary infiltrates, and leukocytosis.
- The needless and inappropriate treatment of S maltophilia with antibiotics may predispose patients to adverse drug effects, eg, drug fever or drug rash secondary to the sulfisoxazole component of TMP-SMX.
- The treatment of S maltophilia colonization also may predispose patients to fungal colonization or infection because of the selective pressures on the microbial milieu in the ICU.
Deckard said:
epona said:
read this with much effort, I am sorry but it simply doesnt make sense
he is confusing many things, .
Deckard said:
Also what makes me extremly suspicious is the fact that he talks about presence of the parasite both on the skin and in the bowels. Again this simply doesnt make senes. Even if this was alien species that came to earth on a metorite or was introduced by grays certan laws can be aplied. These laws of parasitism are most probably universal regardles of the planet but even if they are not they would have to apply to the species that has adapted itself to feed on human beings.
Agreed, this seems highly improbable, if not impossible for a mite.

But remember that several of the Oomycetes fungal plant-like organisms DO cause infections of both skin and bowels, and way more actually.
And they DO have a cellulose like cell wall. Some even produce fibres through which they spread their spores. None of the antibiotics seem to work, as with the oomycetes. None of the fungicides seems to work, as with the oomycetes. So what would be the cause of "fibre disease".?

Back
Top Bottom