Morgellons: Controversial disease doctors refuse to treat

Doctors puzzled over bizarre infection/Morgellons disease

Lucy said:
They also have a map showing areas of infection in Western Europe.
And the image caption is: The European Theatre.

Terminology the military uses. Freudian slip?

I'm still struggling to understand all of the science that's been presented so far, as my comments will no doubt reflect. I am, though, carefully reading and following the links in the posts from Charles and southcity, and doing my own follow-up research in an attempt to understand. I'm truly horrified to find myself catching a glimpse of a 'pattern' that looks to be very far reaching. I no longer doubt the existence of the fibers. And I'm finding myself thinking of such apocalyptic scenarios as the "fall of Atlantis," the movie "Resident Evil," and Margaret Atwood's novel, "Oryx and Crake." Eek!

From reading Charles' research I agree that parasites are probably an opportunistic secondary aspect of this condition rather than being causative. The oomycetes Charles brings up are very interesting...and would 'seem' to 'connect' some of the dots. Could it be that oomycetes are also involved in the proteomic/genome artificial skin research southcity brings up?

southcity said:
The infectious agent causing this is caused by a stray target (nondisclosed) created by experimental research done under a C3 permit by a proteomics research center. In other words it is a man made creation which has escaped containment. This target was created for research into artificial skin, wound dressing as well as cancer research tools. This is a military issue of high caliber, enough so to be defended by many parties, hence all the conflicting reports and otherwise lack of any credible information.
This makes sense. It could even have been a prototype of current artificial skin products now in use...of which there are many. In looking up oomycetes I found a lot of proteomic/genome research going on with a lot of money involved. Also, a simple search on "proteomic/genome research and artificial skin, wound dressing" turned up links to such things as polymers, derivatives extracted from plants (including water born fungi/oomycetes), marine creatures (such as lobsters, crabs and shrimps), alginates, cellulose fiber, silicone coated nylon, vaccines, development of bio-engineered seeds/foods, starch based plastic polymers, drug delivery systems, body implants, cancer research, and many other things apparently linked to proteomic/genome research also used in the "artificial skin, wound dressing" southcity brings up.

At www.crossinglines.net, Morgellons is described as "...a manmade environmentally resistant and contagious human pathogen. The micro organism is a synthetic model organism and a product of proteomic and genomic research." In the videos I watched there it says..."modes of transmission are air, water, contact, and vector born." So the modes of transmssion could be almost anything! The videos also bring up molds (oomycetes?) and quorum sensing, the ability of bacteria to communicate...or "intelligent bacteria," which also made me think of nano-technology.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quorum_sensing said:
The purpose of quorum sensing is to coordinate certain behaviour or actions between bacteria of the same kind, depending on their number. For example, opportunistic bacteria, such as Pseudomonas aeruginosa can grow within a host without harming it, until they reach a certain concentration. Then they become aggressive, their numbers sufficient to overcome the host's immune system and form a biofilm, leading to disease.
Could Morgellans be caused by artificially induced 'cross species' bacterial quorum sensing, such as marine, mammal, plant, etc.? Also, could the latent aspect of this disease have something to do with the pathogen reaching "a certain concentration" or critical mass, which is when it becomes apparent as lesions and fibers? Evidently due to differentiation people with this disease also often have Lyme, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and other conditions, and perhaps those could be indications of the "vector" they were exposed to, or that the concentration hasn't yet reached a high enough proprortion to have overwhelmed their immune systems to the point where they are exhibiting lesions and fibers. If this is possible, then it makes me wonder if there aren't many more people infected who aren't yet aware of it...or if some people have strong enough immune systems to be keeping it under a certain amount of control...at least at present. And I'm wondering if this pathogen has been unleashed in more ways than one.

I realize the above comments may be indicative of me not understanding what has been presented so far, and all that I've encountered while researching on my own....if so set me straight.

At www.crossinglines.net (thanks southcity!) there are links to information about Lab Accidents http://www.crossinglines.net/Lab_%20Accidents.htm, Federal Govt and Health agencies and their lack of proper response http://www.crossinglines.net/federal_govt_and_health_agencies.htm, and very interestingly, and MYSTERY RASH REPORTS http://www.crossinglines.net/mystery_rash_reports.htm. Many of these mystery rashes seem to occur in schools and prisons, two prime targets for finding guinea pigs....just think of the new regulations allowing pesticides to be tested on children! And then there's this comment by Charles...
Charles said:
... "pest" control, with emphasis on cleaning cities from birds...
...which reminded me of birds disappearing in England and so many "mystery rashes" in English schools.

SOME MYSTERY RASH REPORTS from: http://www.crossinglines.net/mystery_rash_reports.htm. said:

The H-Word mystery rash nationwide closes schools http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,3605,782338,00.html

2/7/2002 Investigators probe cause of students' mysterious rash-- http://www.iuoe.org/cm/iaq_happ_sch.asp?Item=270

2 08 2002 Reports of rash spread to three more schools http://www.iuoe.org/cm/iaq_happ_sch.asp?Item=271

2 16 2002 Medical sleuths try to figure out mysterious rash affecting students--http://www.berkeleydailyplanet.com/oldpaper/article.cfm?archiveDate=02-16-02&storyID=10222

2/4/2003 Mystery Surrounds a Virulent Skin Infection http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9907E4DC1038F937A35751C0A9659C8B63

11 18 2005---Skin Disease Infecting Prisoners--Union Wants Quarantine http://www.thebostonchannel.com/health/5353693/detail.html?rss=bos&psp=health

11/21/05 Mystery rash in school cafeteria --http://www.koaa.com/news/view.asp?ID=4252

12 05 2005 Mysterious Rash Causes Rockwood Elementary School To Close-- http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=88858

2 3 06 Mysterious Rash Strikes Milford School- with photo http://www.pembrokeshiretv.com/content/templates/v6-article.asp?articleid=1379&zoneid=32
southcity said:
...this seems to be a accidental release...
Are you able to share the information behind this conclusion?

southcity said:
More to follow...
I look forward to reading more from you, southcity. I feel tremendous sorrow and outrage on behalf of you and all the others who are suffering from this awful disease, and I doubt that any of us should feel safe from it. It has the 'flavor' of being a "canary in the mine" warning.

I can see why Rense and some other media of dubious reputation would be leading us towards chemtrails and away from the very big business of proteomic and genomic research, not to mention all the heavy mosquito spraying that's been going on the last few years ostensibly for the Nile virus. It's hard to know what to think.

domivr said:
Lucy said:
They also have a map showing areas of infection in Western Europe.
And the image caption is: The European Theatre.

Terminology the military uses. Freudian slip?
Good catch!
After reading southcity's post I vote YES!

In layman's terms, "proteomics" is simply the study of the proteome, which is the collection of ALL proteins present within an organism.

For instance, quantitative and qualitative differences in the presence of certain proteins can be used as a hallmark of a diseased state. Such differences can result from changed expression of certain genes (transcription of genes), changed translation of the mRNA's which are the result of said transcription, or changed degradation of the end-result of said transcription and translation, namely, the proteins themselves.

Definition of proteomics:
http://www.genomicglossaries.com/content/proteomics.asp

IMO, saying that proteomics is the cause of Morgellon's disease is like saying that categorizing all existing viruses is the cause of Myxomatosis. And it won't bring you one step closer to finding a possible cure.

By screening the next discussion forum ...
http://www.chemtrailcentral.com/forum/thread7527.html

I've been led to another interesting titbit.
The money will be used to launch AgraQuest's newly approved Laginex product for controlling mosquito larvae in water.
The $2.1 million comes from a consortium of investors, including a European cotton importing company, two California farmers and partners in investment banking firms.
The final $900,000 will likely come from a major East Coast venture-capital fund. AgraQuest president Pam Marrone would not reveal the fund's name until the deal is done. She described it as a $200 million fund that invests in "socially responsible" businesses and is part of a larger, $3 billion fund.
It was in the year 1997. See more at:
http://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/stories/1997/01/06/story4.html

The efficacy of Laginex was rather low, and the shelf life was short. Spraying of MASSIVE amounts could overcome such hurdle. Screening for, or development of STRONGER varieties was another pathway that has been explored. Such superman version was particularly sprayed in California. And then, all of a sudden, it was retrieved from the market, without due explanation.

To Lucy, when I referenced the Journal that deals with pest control, I was only making an emphasis to the main part of that Journal (control of birds in big cities), because it pictures a certain mind set so very well. And not because there is any relation to morgellon's disease (that I know of at least). Sorry for making that short side-track.

One other thing...

Biopest control of mosquito larvae is done with the product Laginex. You can google for Laginex and find circa 433 hits.

The organism in it is called Lagenidium. It usually infects mosquito larvae, but it is also known to cause disease in dogs, and even some human patients have been reported. The disease itself is called Lagenidiosis. You can google lagenidiosis and find circa 113 hits.

How is it possible that if you search for both Laginex and lagenidiosis that you end up with ZERO hits, zilch, nada. Would Lagenidiosis of dogs, cattle and humans, not be THE main issue in a risk analysis of the product Laginex ???

I bet their product has a very high quality control label, ISO2000 this, FDA that, EPA stamp, and so on. All those "Good Manufacturing Processes"?

Poehah! :mad: Usually, it is only pulling the wool over peoples eyes!

I've been reading "Unnatural Phenomena" by Jerome Clark. I came across this listing in it, and immediately thought of this Morgellons Disease.

"A young Negro girl living on Birmingham street [in Gadsden] became strangely afflicted some time ago, complaining of acute pains all over her body. Yesterday, while her mother was rubbing her lower limbs her great toe burst and something resembling a small snake about three inches long popped out. A physician procured a magnifying glass and examined it, pronouncing it an embryo snake. The girl seems to be in terrible agony and claims that she can feel the things crawling about in her body. Her flesh is wasting away and the doctors say she will die.

No one seems to understand her case or to be able to render her any assistance. Hundreds of people have visited the house and the statements can be thoroughly substantiated by reputable people."

Negro Girl Full of Snakes, 1897. Atlanta Constitution (January 4).

I wonder if Morgellon's Disease is 'terrestrial'? I mean, any 'biological' disease can be cured. We all know that AIDS and EBOLA were lab manufactured mutant viruses/diseases/infections. Maybe Morgellon's is the same, or could have extraterrestrial origin.
I know it sounds way out, but i think it's worth a ponder.

I have read about morgellons at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rhnegativeblood/
There they mention a cotton parasite that could cause this.In the two last summers I have had excruciating painfull "sores" that started as tiny tiny
allready painfull blisters and grew into 5cm diameter pussfilled holes that
took 3month on antibiotics to heal .The doctor said it was golden staph
and would not disscuss any alternative.The first one was on my knee
and only healed after I cut away the dead flesh with scissors ,the next year
I got one on the top of my spine .A lesson in "asking for help "I think

Hi, All~
This is my first reply to this forum.
Allow me to apologize now for intruding on this discussion with my response, as, quite honestly, I'm not exactly certain where I should post this. :/

For some bizarre reason, as I was just poking about on the net, I was lead to this site.
I was browsing through some of the various news article posts that you have listed. I then caught sight of the title of this discussion in particular, which has impelled me to register to this site so that I can respond to what you are discussing.

I have noticed that this discussion is primarily between those who are obviously concerned about Morgellons disease itself, or simply about the fact of the overwhelming denial of its existance. However, I don't rightly recall any responses from people actually suffering from the disease, which is why I'm uncertain if this is where I should be posting.
I'll take my chances, anyway. And, please redirect me, if need be.....;)

I couldn't believe what I was reading at first. And quite honestly, didn't truly even realize WHAT I was reading about exactly until the mention of the black spores and synthetic fiber that was coming out from the skin.
Unfortunately, that describes me!
Fortunately, I now KNOW that I have not been hallucinating all this time!

I casually mentioned the symptoms I had been experiencing to my sister about a year, or so ago. At that time, I didn't really think much of it as I assumed it was a result of the daily exposure to outdoor working. I also considered the fact that I was simply getting older and that I was experiencing something to do with a chemistry change in me.
I can vividly recall saying to her, "At times, I swear it seems as though there are dark coily hairs that "jump" out of my skin." And she & I both have discussed the acknowledgement of (what we named) "lint bugs". ......Okay! I know what you must be thinking. Hell! I'd probably think that, as well, only I KNOW that I'm no longer alone on this.

I have not gone to the doctors about this condition for a couple reasons. 1) The disorder that I do experience is not nearly as extensive in comparison to the persons who have reported cases. And, 2) Not having a flying clue as to choosing a logical minded professional who would believe a word of what I was saying.

I don't know if my response can be of help, or not...or, whatever......but I felt it necessary to include it, that's all.
Also~ Exactly how is the name Morgellon pronounced?? (As, more-Jell-on, (with g as in j in jello)or, gell-on (with g as in get)?...just curious!)

Thanks!

mcb said:
I have noticed that this discussion is primarily between those who are obviously concerned about Morgellons disease itself, or simply about the fact of the overwhelming denial of its existance. However, I don't rightly recall any responses from people actually suffering from the disease, which is why I'm uncertain if this is where I should be posting.
There's more reasons that compel people to post here. And no I don't have Morgellon's disease ... I think. I do have some really nasty after effects of certain bites though.
mcb said:
I couldn't believe what I was reading at first. And quite honestly, didn't truly even realize WHAT I was reading about exactly until the mention of the black spores and synthetic fiber that was coming out from the skin.
Unfortunately, that describes me!
Fortunately, I now KNOW that I have not been hallucinating all this time!
Well, your geographic location is just smack in the middle of where it all started I think. Coincidence?
You see, I still remain, for now, with my hypothesis that this disease is caused by a run away oomycetes that has been used to kill mosquitos.
mcb said:
I can vividly recall saying to her, "At times, I swear it seems as though there are dark coily hairs that "jump" out of my skin." And she & I both have discussed the acknowledgement of (what we named) "lint bugs". ......Okay! I know what you must be thinking. Hell! I'd probably think that, as well, only I KNOW that I'm no longer alone on this.
By reading all this stuff people are naturally inclined to focus their attention to these "new" things, and correlate them with something that they have themselves. You see, I am scratching myself again. Are you sure you do not have in-growing hairs, that than suddenly pop out of the skin? Could happen as one grows older 
In case that your situation is serious, and if I were in your case, I'd keep my immune system healthy. And I'd get to the bottom of this thing.
mcb said:
I have not gone to the doctors about this condition for a couple reasons. 1) The disorder that I do experience is not nearly as extensive in comparison to the persons who have reported cases. And, 2) Not having a flying clue as to choosing a logical minded professional who would believe a word of what I was saying.
I would not be inclined to see a MD, except as a sort of study (of their reaction). I have had bad experiences with doctors. They handle their world of clients and diseases way to patriarchal and patronizing in my experience. My experience was even about things that they "know" about, and not about some "thing" that has not yet been classified in their records. If I were in your situation, I would try to consult a parasitologist, that I think is trustworthy and eager to delve into this mystery, or a veterinary even because these could have a much broader view on diseases. This broader view might be less detailed and because of this they'd have to do more research at times and be more naturally inclined to do so. It is this that we need to get some truth on this disease and try to find a cure.

In case you do have this skin disease you know something more now. There are lots of discussion forums from people that are dealing with this disease. There is a massive amounts of disinformation as well.

Why is Rense pushing this (topic) so hard, I wonder? Maybe he gets his ideas from other sources?

Disinformation? Gosh, look at the www.Rense.com site (June 27, 2006) and how Morgellon's disease gets such a special treat. Forewarning is forearming: I haven't learned very much from reading it all! Strange also that despite the presence of a certain Greema (remember, he also came with the idea that the disease could be caused by an oomycetes, possibly Lagenidium from spraying with Laginex), that there isn't presented much that could still point to this connection. But maybe it is another Greema altogether. Sooo ...

To Greema, and if you happen to read this .... I wonder what happened to your well based theory that Morgellon's is caused by an oomycetes?

From reading this discussion thread
http://www.biology-online.org/biology-forum/about1958-108.html
I wonder whether it is indeed this "scientific" paper from a certain W. John Martin that you (Greema) refer to
http://www.s3support.com/members/scientific/publications/pigment.pdf
that has blown away your own very well thought of hypothesis that Morgellon's could be caused by Lagenidium due to extensive spraying with Laginex against mosquito larvae ?

In this one-author paper, all the funny things that happen to a cell culture (i.e. emerging fibers and ribbons) are attributed to the presence of a "stealth virus". I understand that you have replaced your previous theory since the emerging structures described in this paper are very similar to the ones that have been plaguing you. This I can understand. However, the devil is in the details, and science often overlooks the details.

For instance, is it not perfectly possible in light of the ease with which cell cultures become infected that this cell culture too is simply contaminated with an oomycetes, possibly even Lagenidium. The author has not looked for it, that I can tell you. Also, isn't the hypothesis section in this paper not a bit too much ... hmm sci fi, and not scientifically based at all.

Even if Morgellon's was caused by a "stealth virus", that can assimilate genes from the fibroblasts, or bacteria, I don't see how it could acquire the capability to produce cellulose.

So what happened to the fact that the fibers in Morgellon's disease were positively identified as containing cellulose ? !!!

Here is another paper from that same W. John Martin:
http://www.s3support.com/Alternativecellularenergypigmentsmistakenforparasitic.pdf
... same topic, and similarly wild speculations. Look at the references. This guy seems to be such big believer in his own stealth-virus hypothesis that he is determined to stamp them into existence, also if such means that he has to refer consistently to his own papers.
Actually, I found his "research" to be so "wild" and nonsensical that it motivated me to do a little research on this character.
Sure enough, here is some interesting piece ...
W. John Martin Stripped of License -- Is All His Work Bogus?
http://www.ncf-net.org/forum/Johnmartin.html
W. John Martin, M.D., Ph.D. has been stripped of his license to do any clinical
laboratory testing and his clinical laboratory license has been suspended. But does
he even have a laboratory to shut down anymore, and did he ever find a virus that
he has continued to call the "stealth virus"?

However, let us be careful here. The same W. John Martin is also known to seriously question the safety of vaccines to which I agree for the time being. He has also written some works together with Horowitz (for instance: "Emerging Viruses: AIDS & Ebola--Nature, Accident or Genocide?").

So it is still possible that he has been stripped of License for entirely different reasons. He might have been side-tracked. But how do you achieve that? In this case it seems that more is going on. How do you actually "recreate" scientists that no longer seem to be able to publish solidified scientific research.
To conclude...

what happened to the cellulose ? That is SUCH a BIG clue!

anart wrote:
I also find it interesting, that when I did a 'dogpile' search on Morgellons disease, every entry on the first page referred to it as a delusional disease, or a hoax.
I'd never heard of this and saw a report about it on CNN this morning. Plenty of time and the last word were given to medical professionals who insisted that it's all in the sufferer's heads. One patient even said that when she went to her doctor about it, she was referred to a psychiatrist. So, apparently the medical establishment wants us to believe that this isn't real. A search revealed that there's no online story published by CNN.

I can't resist quoting this post from Sean Hannity's forum at http://www(dot)hannity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10224.
From: JenyEliza (personal tagline is I gotta be me...I'm...A Great American)

Re: Morgellon's: "The Creepy Crawly Disease"
Quote:
<< The majority of individuals reporting symptoms of Morgellons Disease reside in California, Texas, and Florida. >>

Note: All three states where Morgellon's is most prevalent are also states with VERY high illegal immigrant populations from south of the border.

Somehow I don't think that is a coincidence.

Jeny >>
Nice one, madame! Now there's a lady with, no doubt, a guaranteed spot in heaven, eh? At the right hand of the big daddy, too, I'm sure. A great American indeed. So do you think she means to suggest that if each of those immigrants she mentions were legal, there'd be no such disease?

Effective Treatment Presented For Morgellon's Disease

Just FYI

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=50515

26 Aug 2006

On August 25, 2006, Dr. George Schwartz presented a series of case reports demonstrating how an intensive anti-parasitic treatment program leads to effective treatment of Morgellon's (thread, fiber, or Lisa's disease) and cure in early cases.

This "mystery disease" originally misinterpreted as a psychiatric disorder (delusions of parasitosis) is a contagious and serious systemic disease. Its symptoms include intense pruritis (itching), a creeping-crawling sensation under the skin and poorly healing skin lesions. Unique to this disease is the production by the parasite of clear, white, blue, or red fibers ranging from microscopic to inches long. Along with these symptoms can be muscle pain and contraction, anemia, enlarged liver and spleen and bony degeneration. Neurological symptoms may be prominent and are characterized by memory impairment and confusion (termed "brain fog" by patients). In children the behavioral disturbances may be erroneously called "Autism."

Comparing the parasite's production of fibers in one of its life stages to that of a silkworm, Dr. Schwartz noted that the reason for the fibers is still unknown, but it may represent a form of cocoon development or inter-parasite communication. He added, "The fiber production is often associated with electronic phenomena and the role of the fibers in nerve transmission needs to be investigated."

When asked about the contagiousness of the disease, Dr. Schwartz pointed out that transmission through families is common, and people who inhabit a house or room in which the disease has been contracted are at risk. "One family in Idaho, for example, became infected with the disease and moved away. Two months later another family moved into the same house and all family members got the condition." What does this mean for real estate sales? "It should be disclosed," Dr. Schwartz said. "And patients with this disease should avoid hotel and motel rooms which are possible transmission sites."

When asked about the origin of the disease, Dr. Schwartz added, "I believe the disease is either new or very old and has emerged due to global warming. For example, it could be like a plague of the Egyptians thousands of years ago. I am often asked about bio-engineering and while it is a possibility, the disease will respond to an intensive anti-parasitic management program leading to effective treatment and cure in early cases regardless of the origin." However, he added with emphasis, "The disease is epidemic and doubling rapidly. In the future there will have to be special multi- disciplinary centers to treat this condition and control the spread. We are currently performing DNA analysis to determine the nature of the parasite, which should be helpful."

The research report is available at http://www.healingresearch.org and http://www.beatricebooks.com.

Back
Top Bottom