Mouravieff's Gnosis

Re: BORIS MOURAVIEFF: Gnosis

Last Monday I finished reading ISOTM, and I have no words to describe what I felt after understanding the relationship between Gurdjieff and Laura's work and in general with the experiment Cassiopaea, maybe that's why you have to read in a certain order books recommended in the forum.
I'm reading GNOSIS, and I have a question ... I'm in the first chapter and I would like to know if the recommended exercises are necessary, I ask this because my going very well with the EE program and I feel great.

jhonny said:
Last Monday I finished reading ISOTM, and I have no words to describe what I felt after understanding the relationship between Gurdjieff and Laura's work and in general with the experiment Cassiopaea, maybe that's why you have to read in a certain order books recommended in the forum.
I'm reading GNOSIS, and I have a question ... I'm in the first chapter and I would like to know if the recommended exercises are necessary, I ask this because my going very well with the EE program and I feel great.

No, they are not necessary, especially since you are benefiting from EE.

Galahad said:
CarpeDiem said:
I'm struggling dead with not getting Mouravieff's idea of film of life.
I'd suggest that you not worry too much at this stage about what he is saying in regards to time and the film of your life. The more important thing to concentrate on is his discussion about removing those aspects of the film that are secondary - if you are serious about the Work. Those are the people and activities that are part of your life that take you away from the Work. They are the people and things that drain your energy.

Until we are able to maintain a certain level of energy consistently, I think that is what we should be focusing on.

Some of the material you will only understand after the fact. These are books you will read and reread many times, each reading given you a deeper insight into the Tradition it passes along. Each time you will understand more because you will be able to relate it to events that you have lived and experienced. As you read you'll have ah-ha! moments because it will not just be theory.

Galahad Thanks for this review.

I was choking on Gnosis II, but , after reading your comment, I feel strong enough to follow reading.

Ark said:
I would something add even more heretical to to what Henry wrote: both Gurdjieff and Mouravieff should be read as an inspiration rather than as information. Why? Because they do not tell us what exactly are the sources of their material. Therefore it is to be taken as an inspiration for our own research. Not as an established truth. They can help us to formulate certain plausible "working hypotheses" - which may guide us in our search for the truth. The degree of plausibility of these working hypotheses depends on how they fit to all other data that we have. So, when I quote a passage from Gurdjieff, Ouspensky or Mouravief, it is not that I "believe" what they wrote. It simply means that the passage quoted is a part of my working hypothesis that I am giving a high plausibility value, because it agrees with the totality of all other data that we have collected and analyzed in our research. I am not quoting pieces that do not fit (yet). The fact that we quote them quite often means that we find a high degree of plausibility in an large part of what these authors wrote.

I have been wondering about the source of the theories of the law of three and seven as expressed in ISOTM. The way the Law of Seven is explained in terms of sound for example. To me at least the way sound "slows down" (?) twice at the semi-tones in a diatonic octave (at C major only ?), seems to hint at a non-linear behavior of sound at these semitone points. I have not read or heard about any such behavior of sound, if indeed that is what is hinted. This seems to refer more to a property of the human ear, (that could in part, at least, be subjective).

The diatonic scale is very old. I was reading that flute instruments apparently tuned in the diatonic scale were found that were some 30,000 years old. Gurdjieff's and Mouravieff's sources, (or their sources sources), could therefore be very very old, complete knowledge of this system of viewing the world seem to be be missing. What is currently available may be highly distorted. Therefore, it is probably best to view these theories as an inspiration rather than any kind of absolute as Ark suggests.

The theories may be pointing toward some valid, but currently undeveloped truths, and information that may stem ultimately from a time, long ago, when we were in contact with higher density beings, hopefully even of STO nature as it's hard to see anything subversive about the gift of music. That's my take so far anyway, fwiw.

EDIT: readability and flow

I dont know where else to post this so I am going to post here...

I have just read the Gnosis series and I have some questions that I hope somebody may shed some light on..

In Gnosis, Mouravieff talks about developing the personality... What does that mean exactly?? As far as I understand it, it means, to try and not be mechanical, to learn how to handle negative emotions, to understand the reasons why one is doing something and to not lie to oneself... Am I anywhere near the right track here??

He also uses alot of Biblical quotes and extracts quite profound meaning from them... My question is, if the Bible is a huuuge propaganda and all this, how can there exist these sayings that have such meaning when interpretted esoterically like the way he does in the book? I mean, they, the control system replaced the 'real' jesus with this 'fake' jesus of the Bible and still did not manage to get rid of the esoteric value of messages and sayings... To what end?

Also, I'd like to ask if the 3 cosmic octaves(absolute 1, 2 and 3) are essentially right because I think it is a genius way to classify creation. Also I remember the Cs once saying that in 6D, the duality of male/female is not recognised meaning that there might be some truth to this androgynous business which to me just inserted chaos into what I think of life... Also in 4D I think they say, polar beings could know what the other was thnking or feeling meaning there might be some truth to what Mouravieff says about, 1 real 'I' between the couple - that blew my mind.

Lastly, I have a question that has been on my mind ever since discovering that there were people like Mouravieff and Guerdjieff who knew so much stuff that had so much meaning. Not meaning interms of 'dead knowledge' like what modern science is, knowledge that doesnt change ones being because it excludes the emotional centre, but they had 'knowledge that was alive' that acted on a person and as far as I understand from reading Gnosis, the aim is to conquer/overcome death at the second birth. Now, as far as I know, they died meaning despite the knowledge, they didnt achieve the aim of Gnosis. What went wrong? They lived and breathed this stuff yet 'died.' What chance do the rest of us have?? I took 'death' literally as in to die, to cease to live.

luke wilson said:
I dont know where else to post this so I am going to post here...

I have just read the Gnosis series and I have some questions that I hope somebody may shed some light on..

In Gnosis, Mouravieff talks about developing the personality... What does that mean exactly?? As far as I understand it, it means, to try and not be mechanical, to learn how to handle negative emotions, to understand the reasons why one is doing something and to not lie to oneself... Am I anywhere near the right track here??
Per my understanding, Mouravieff means balancing the 3 lower centers which would then enable communication with the higher emotional and higher intellectual centers. In practical terms, it does involve what you have written.

[quote author=luke wilson]
He also uses alot of Biblical quotes and extracts quite profound meaning from them... My question is, if the Bible is a huuuge propaganda and all this, how can there exist these sayings that have such meaning when interpretted esoterically like the way he does in the book? I mean, they, the control system replaced the 'real' jesus with this 'fake' jesus of the Bible and still did not manage to get rid of the esoteric value of messages and sayings... To what end?
[/quote]
There is some biblical "gloss" in Gnosis - which I think was mentioned by the C's - yet it is also said to contain very important information. In general, esoteric texts need to be contemplated (and where applicable experienced in real life situation) to discern the meaning. Reading any real esoteric text with only mechanical perception and reasoning can lead to misunderstanding - and in that respect, the Bible (and other religious texts) which have been post-processed and diluted, have served the purpose of the control system. Sleeping masses cannot discern the truth from the text - yet those who are active and genuine seekers do have clues to work on piecing together the whole puzzle. In India, there is a metaphorical saying used in the context of seekers looking for spiritual knowledge - royal swans when given diluted milk can filter out the milk and drink it leaving out the water. (On a lighter note, such swans seem unaware of the evils of dairy though).

Lastly, I have a question that has been on my mind ever since discovering that there were people like Mouravieff and Guerdjieff who knew so much stuff that had so much meaning. Not meaning interms of 'dead knowledge' like what modern science is, knowledge that doesnt change ones being because it excludes the emotional centre, but they had 'knowledge that was alive' that acted on a person and as far as I understand from reading Gnosis, the aim is to conquer/overcome death at the second birth. Now, as far as I know, they died meaning despite the knowledge, they didnt achieve the aim of Gnosis. What went wrong? They lived and breathed this stuff yet 'died.' What chance do the rest of us have?? I took 'death' literally as in to die, to cease to live.
[/quote]
I do not know which stage G and M reached in their individual Work. If I remember correctly, The C's mentioned somewhere that M was a keeper of an ancient tradition and not a master of it. Anyway, per my understanding, transcending physical death (ie death of the physical body) is not the primary aim of Gnosis. G talks about immortality in ISOTM.
[quote author=ISOTM]
"You ask whether man is immortal or not.
"I shall answer. Both yes and no.
"This question has many different sides to it. First of all what does immortal mean? Are you speaking of absolute immortality or do you admit different degrees? If for instance after the death of the body something remains which lives for some time preserving its consciousness, can this be called immortality or not? Or let us put it this way: how long a period of such existence is necessary for it to be called immortality? Then does this question include the possibility of a different 'immortality' for different people? And there are still many other different questions. I am saying this only in order to show how vague they are and how easily such words as 'immortality' can lead to illusion. In actual fact nothing is immortal, even God is mortal. But there is a great difference between man and God, and, of course. God is mortal in a different way to man. It would be much better if for the word 'immortality' we substitute the words 'existence after death.' Then I will answer that man has the possibility of existence after death.
[/quote]
G mentions the 4 bodies (physical, astral, causal and mental) and says that immortality is the property of a Man (number 7) who has all 4 bodies. But a man who has developed an astral body in his lifetime can live for a period of time after the death of the physical body. In general, G says that
[quote author=ISOTM]
"In man of two, three, and four bodies, the most active body also lives the longest, that is, it is 'immortal' in relation to a lower body."
The physical body dies and nothing is left of it. The physical body is composed of earthly material and at death it returns to earth. It is dust and to dust it returns.
[/quote]
The last part about the physical body is mentioned in the context of a man who has only one body but it could perhaps be true in the context of a man who has multiple bodies as well - osit. If that is indeed the case, then just the physical death of any person would not give an indication as to the level reached during life.

They lived and breathed this stuff yet 'died.' What chance do the rest of us have??
[/quote]
For one thing, we have a network. But keeping expectation of any desired outcome aside, just walking this path seems worthwhile. Even the longest journey starts with the first step. Different people are on different points of the learning cycle - and if we do not artificially restrict the possibilities, there is a chance for us - or so I like to think.

Um.. I can't believe this!
Maybe this should be posted in the swamp. The only problem is, this isn't a negative experience. Yet strangely painful. Comparable to feeling pain in my heart, when thinking about the loss of a loved one. Only this time, instead of a person, I think, I may have lost contact with this specific Gnosis I-II-III. knowledge.
When Laura quoted, what M had to say about time, it was like a energy-beam hit to my mind. When in the movies or adventure books a victim of an accident has lost all his memory and gradually he gets jogged by shocks and the lost memories - who I was, what did I know before - are coming back, piece by piece, gasping:
"Oh, my god, I knew this before!"

My points:
1. Here in the forums I frequently quoted George Vale Owen. Oven - IIRC - appears to have the same religious gloss that Mouravieff has.

2. I posted here years ago, when hearing Malachi Martin speaking Aramaic in one of the radio shows, it was as if a nostalgia-train hit my mind.
"Oh, my god, I knew this before!"
I must have been in one of those tribes there in ancient times.

3. I remember one of my past lives, it was during the world war, I lost a loved one and the pain was so strong, it still reverberates through me. When I hear a specific type of music: WW2 era songs, St Matthew Passion, "Maybe" by The Ink Spots, the pain [of memory] is welling up like water in a well.

Possibly in WW2, I was a German priest - or a very religious Gregorian choir member - and was killed, maybe stabbed in the chest, while being pushed down into a body of some water and suffocated at the same time as well. I have a too good knack for German. Numerous callers - native Germans - asked me, "Are you German?", while I was working at an international Helpdesk, as a Hungarian and knew German only via doing a couple of intermediate level German exams. So my German knowledge is inadequate, however the accent and articulation I'm able to use sometimes is another matter.

4. I'm only at page 35 of Gnosis I., but already there are too many elements, that recently were [formulated] in my mind [before beginning the book] in almost the exact the same manner as M tells in the book. Also the book feels like drinking some mythic 'Water of Mental Clarity', while feeling the nostalgic and homesick pain of remembering in my heart.

I think, I knew Gnosis I-II-III very well in my past live(s) and was practicing the Art. Too many striking elements are in my current life and the process of reading the book now - "the first time" - excavates more and more strange, jolting memories, which all act like energy packets aimed to and hitting my consciousness. This knowledge, like tendrils of the past, is reaching out and beginning to re-form my time-body, re-arrange, re-member [put together] the parts of my consciousness and the whole thing is beginning to coalesce again into a greater order.

And it is painful and nostalgic and jolting and shameful as well. Shameful that I had more awareness in the past, than now, in this life. I feel I know less about the Work now, than I knew during WW2... :shock:

Carpe said:
I'm struggling dead with not getting Mouravieff's idea of film of life. If that book weren't so heavy (I have 3 volumes in one, A4), it would obviously end cracked somewhere under the bed! How that "show goes on uninterrupted. and "end of film" merges with its beginning: in moment of death man not only is born again, but in the same place and at the same time, where he was born always again and again, from the same parents". Like C's mentioning "cycles within cycles". I/m totally struck in 3D reasoning about time. The same about C's "your past lives you didn't live yet and your future lives you already lived". Comparison to perception of curve by 2D bug doesn't help much. Since Mouravieff 's text is accompanied by graphs it's a bit more manageable than that of G. "all and everything". We are struck in cycling until we break it/them and transform into spiral. But time concept drives me nuts!

In a world of infinite parallel Universes time doesn't exist at all. There is no such thing as time if the Universe is infinite. Time is only a perception. Words limit the mind. Imagination is required to visualize one timeless Universe with all possible Universes that can be re-created or re-experienced in infinite possible ways. This is how the universe encompasses itself, this how the C's have no problem seeing our past in our timeline but how we experiencing it right NOW determines which Universe we choose to experience from NOW on, and that is why the future is always open as all things happen simultaneously (past, present and future are all happening as we speak)on this infinite virtual plane, or you may call it time line of infinite events.

The C's says completion of one grand cycle which is 7D, that is what we are experiencing right now. In fact, our bodies are 7D to another world inside us. This is how the Universe encompasses itself. We are seeing it inside-out and outside-in, in infinite possible ways.

Take for example the elements too, as we go from the heavier elements to the much lighter ones, there is also an infinite number of elements in direct relation to the frequencies of the forms they manifest. Like the planets, we go from heavy dense to less dense, to stars eventually, and stars are STO (the positive charged protons) and STS (the negative charge electrons - dark matter). And eventually the black holes and super-novas.

the spiral goes like STO to STS outwards and inwards all simultaneously. The universe grows into its own self, from the outside surface is growing to the inside of it.

As above, so below.

A: Just work daily at becoming more aware on three levels
1. Body and immediate environment,
2. Wider world affairs,
3. Cosmos and spirit.

Q: (L) Shouldn't "spirit" go with "Body and immediate environment"?

A: No, it is via the first steps that one achieves cosmic consciousness.

As above, so below. It is how everything encompasses itself. Exactly what the C's said!
Look inside your body first to become self-aware of your immediate environment as you are part of a bigger picture that brings value to the collective consciousness that would help you understand and imagine the Universe as it is, and your values alone from the lessons you have learned from your life experience and others alike, could potentially bring up the whole human collective consciousness to a brand new level of existence!

Excerpt from Gnosis book one

Role of Personality in the Evolution

We must remember that, it is since the fall of Adam that the spiritual man, having become an animal man, has lost contact with his higher centers.
Nevertheless, by means of the personality and its three centers, we possess within us, all the elements of which the Universe is composed.
These elements are represented by corresponding parts of our Personality.

But we have neither a pure thought nor a pure feeling, nor are our action pure,
Everything in us is mixed and even entangled, often by all sorts of considerations.
Because of this, unless we have first deeply studied the structure of our Personality, it is impossible to create any order in our mental life.
It is by this study that the searcher can go on to regulate and tune ones organism. There is no other way to reach the goal except by working on oneself by self-observation.

The Esoteric Science distinguishes two levels of consciousness higher than waking consciousness. But we do not have these by at birth, nor do we acquire them by normal education or instruction.
Nevertheless, they can be reached as a result of special efforts properly directed.

In modern life, contact with the real 'I' is rather exceptional, however constant excercise of a will of ones own, the ability to do, and a bearing appropriate to a being who is consistent with oneself to reach the level of consciousness which corresponds to the real 'I'.

We recognize four distinct levels of being, correlated with the four levels of consciousness: a higher level of being and three lesser ones,
Absolute consciousness,
Consciousness of the real I,
Waking consciousness,
Subconscious.
The third level of being, which corresponds to the consciousness of real 'I' is that of esoterically evolved men, properly called 'alive', that is, of those who have acquired permanent unshakeable real 'I'
Lastly the fourth level belongs to the perfect or complete man. The higher the level of being, the better the memory and greater its capacity to contain.

The acquisition of knowledge is relatively easy, it is the acquisition of being is more difficult.
But it is precisely being that leads us towards understanding and from this towards savoir-faire(the ability to do the right thing in any situation), that it permit us to acquire represent the philosophers stone, they are capable of provoking in man the transmutation to which he aspires.

In the discovery of this road lies the true meaning of our lives. We are called by the voice of our innermost heart to realize this gift.
But to succeed we must work ceaselessly .
However, contemporary man worrying more about the question of appearances than about that of being, caught up in circumstances, always absent from himself.

If by appropriate excercises we can succeed in completely developing and perfectly equilibrating our lower centers, then we shall be able to establish a permanent tie with our higher centers.
Therefore we must apply ourselves to stimulate the growth of the Personality within us, and to equilibrate and regulate the work of our three centers.

By the intensive practice of self-observation, must try hard to distinguish the work of each center within us.
This is the objective meaning and place of the Personality in the evolution of the 'I': by a kind of conscious identification which is the fruit of appropriate exercise of concentration, he who seeks will succeed in Kowing the interior 'I' that is to say, by means of his Personality.

What guarantee can man have that he will not dupe himself and that he will not fall into influence situations?
The answe is simple.
The Purity of the magnetic center must be scrupulously maintained from the start and all through his evolution.

Except from Gnosis book one by Boris Mouravieff

The Universe in Human Life- General Law and Law of Exception

Everything in the Universe is living and forms part of an ensemble. This is the underlying reason why it is necessary to study the Universe while studying man.

The astronomical world which we observe from our planet appears as it does, because we see the body of the Universe from the inside.
We do not view it in its ensemble because our observations are made and interpreted on our own scale, infinitesimal in relation to the ensemble.

What misleads us is the distances between the stars, which are foci of living matter, and particles of the Universal organism.
Seen in an internal perspective they appear immense, yet the density of the Universe in its ensemble is analogous in the human body. If we could become microbes, we would see our bodies from within-similar to the starred skies full of galaxies which would be our organs.
On the other hand, if we could become immense and see the Universe on its own scale, we would see it as a living body.

What then is the meaning of human life in this cosmos as we know it?
Man's existence has two main purpose,
As an element of the Universal organism, it serves the aims of the latter.
As an isolated individual, he can pursue his own aims.

To better understand why and how these two objectives are bound together, let us take an example.
The position of man in the Universe is analogous to that of a cell in the human body. Each cell is a part of an organ which, in its turn, is an element of a group of organs that assures proper accomplishment of some definite function of the organism, from the point of view, let us examine the lot of a cell in our bodies.
It is subject to two categories of laws.
To simplify, let us say that it is placed under the rule of two laws.

The first keeps the cell in its place. In esoteric science we call it the General Law.
The second, leaves a certain liberty of action for the cell, and is called the Law of Exception.

The first Law ensures that the organ of which this cell is a part accomplishes its function with no impediment, remain in their own places, to complete their work and to dedicate their live to it.

It is evident that if this law did not keep the cells of the body within the limits of each organ, the body would not be able to exist.
Thus this law is beneficial by ensuring the existence of the organs.

We know, however that the total removal of certain organs of the body is compatible with survivable. This shows that the disappearance of a few cells, an infinitesimal part of an organ, goes unnoticed. As is to watch over continuity of function.

As a cell of humanity, man forms part of organic life on Earth. This life in its ensemble represents a very sensitive organ of our planet, playing an important role in the economy of the solar system.
As a cell of this organ, man finds himself under the influence of the General Law, which keeps him in his place.

In fact, this law leaves him a certain margin or tolerance. It allows him some Free Moverment within the limits it sets.
On the whole, the permitted margin for Free Moverment tolerated by the General Law, is limited by something best described in a term less scientific than colorful: bourgeois happiness.
As long as man accepts the principle of the final annihilation of his Personality without a fight, he can carry on life without attracting the increasing pressure of the General Law upon himself.

If he struggles to surpass the limits which it imposes, he then runs against the action upon him of this Law and its derivatives. It acts simultaneously on several planes: physical, mental and moral.

It must be realized that in placing himself under the aegis of the Law of Exception, man goes against the General Law, which he is even called upon to overthrow, if only the individual scale.
He must not forget- under penalty of 'surprise attack'.

But, one must not be afraid, as the Law of Exception is also a divine law: in choosing it, man continues to serve the interest of the whole, but differently.
During his fight against the first law, he is subject to tests that often take the form of temptations.

If, aiming straight towards his goal, which is liberation and salvation, the seeker successfully overcomes the obstacles and by this shows proof of strength that would permit him to defy the authority of the General Law.

except from Gnosis book-one by Boris Mouravieff

The Ray of Creation

Starting from the Absolute as the initial focus of life, the Universe comprises a vast scale of elements spreading in many branches to the outer crust; the epidermis, represented by the ensemble of the satellites of all the planets.

The three fundamental conditions of creation manifest in the Universe in the form of three basic Principles of life: the static, dynamic and neutralizing principles.
Anything in creation can be analysed and studied in the light of these three principles. Then we pass on to realization in accordance with the Dynamic Principle. The principle of Equilibrium must be requires for maintain during the whole course of the creation. Each principle acts in the manifested world according to an appropriate law.

How can we visualize the Universe to ourselves.
the tree is one image...a triple root from which trunk and branches spring, the tree is alive, and carries throughout its branches, the varied manifestations of that life, interdependently, useful even indispensable to one another since they ensure the existence, growth and development of the ensemble.
The general picture of the structure of the Universe, we can draw its figure in the following manner.

Earth has the Moon for a satellite, that is the limit; the last rung of creation.
Now, directing our sight towards the center, we find that the Earth is part of the Planetary World which gravitates around the Sun, the master of our system.

And the Sun is one of the many stars of the galaxy known by the name of the Milky Way, a system to which the whole of the solar system belongs.
In the sky we can detect other galaxies similar to ours, and we can equally suppose that there are "Other Worlds."

Thus, these large units in their ensemble constitute All the Worlds: the whole content of the Universe, which gravitates around what we call in the Tradition the Central Sun: the Absolute.
Creation descending from step,

Absolute/Central Sun-1
All Worlds-3
Our World/Milky Way- 3+3= 6
Sun- 3+3+6= 12
Planetary World- 3+3+6+12= 24
Earth- 3+3+6+12+24= 48
Moon- 3+3+6+12+24+48= 96

We must not forget that it represents only the One Ray of creation of our solar system, not the whole Universe.
The numbers in the proceeding figures are represents the conditions on forces of creation. The will of the Absolute penetrates everything, to the most primitive organisms and still further, to the most inert matter stone.
On Earth are bound by 48 groups of laws- the laws relative to organic life on Earth, and with other laws resulting from human society: races, casters, families, etc, that is the reason why our lives run up against all sorts of obstacles.
Salvation consists precisely in progressive liberation from subjection to this large of laws. In each case, although one must not trample over these obstacles, one must at least go around them.

And the two fundamental laws that rule over all that exists and lives, at all the steps of the created Universe.
The first of these laws- the Law of Three- conditions the existence of everything that fills the Cosmos, whether it be beings, objects, or events.
The second fundamental law- the Law of Seven- rules over every action and every movement particularly the process of life in all its forms, up to the most subtle and most intimate movements of thought and feelings.
These two fundamental laws are omnipresent and all penetrating; nobody and nothing can escape them.

Thus, the structure of the Universe is the form of the Ray of Creation, and its constitution is according to the Law of Three, and its functioning in accordance with the Law of Seven.

Except from Gnosis book- one

The Law of Three
In esoteric science the first law is called the Law of Three- all that exists, exists as a result of the converging action on the same point at the same time of three forces: Passive' Active and Neutralizing.
The Passive force is a derivative of the Static Condition: Space.
The Active force is a derivative of the Dynamic Condition: Time.
The Neutralizing force ensures the maintenance of Equilibrium in all the Universe, on every plane and at every step.

Naturally, as they are forces, these three forces are active. Their names express the role that each of them plays in the co-operation which give birth to the particular phenomenon being considered.
Seen from that angles, life in the Universe is nothing but a perpetual process of creation in every domain, on every plane, and at every step.
In addition, for each event, large or small, important or insignificant, an act analogous to the First Creation of the entire Universe is reproduced, with all proportions maintained.

The classical example- To make bread we must have flour, fire and water; flour is the conductor of the passive force, fire of the active force, and water of the neutralizing force.
In another classical example, that of the conception of a child. The woman appears here as a passive force, the husband as the active force, and carnal love as the neutralizing force.

The three forces act through matter, the Tradition makes the following distinctions.
When it serves as a conductor for the passive force, we call it Oxygen(O).
When it serves as a conductor for the active force, we call it Carbon(C).
When it serves as a conductor for the neutralizing force, we call it Nitrogen(N).
When considered independently from the forces of which it is the conductor, the substance is called Hydrogen(H).

If the junction of the forces remains sterile, this means that in the esoteric sense their co-operation was not complete.
This would lead us to conclusion that the action of the active and neutralizing forces must be regulated in accordance with the content of the passive force.

The Passive Force contains all the "Possibilities" for creating the phenomenon, while the active force intervenes as the "realizer" and neutralizing force as the regulator.
The creation of the world, starting from Zero, by division into two groups of forces, equal in power and diametrically opposed in direction.
Man can study the bipolar structure of the intelligence of all the influences, then able to calculate, intervene, act and even to create within the limits of the field of action of these influences.

He who studies esoteric science must not naively Oppose Influences, that would only succeed in bringing catastrophe. Knowing this, the Seeker of esoteric science must guard against falling into the extremes expressed in some teachings; he must neither despise nor neglect his intellectual faculties.
The 'Intelligence' must be developed and sharpened up to the limit of what is possible.
Intelligence is the only tool we possess with which to achieve the end. This is its real reason for being.

Knowing about the Law of Three, allows us to fully aware of the complex structure of the Ray of Creation.
At the start the Absolute assumes the first aspect of his manifestation. He is one, and the three forces reside united within him.
The three forces of the Absolute, the three Hypostasis of the Trinity, endowed with autonomous will, but interdependent, create the phenomenal Universe and everything it contains.

At first step they create the worlds. These worlds, whose existence is no longer consubstantial since they are separate, depend directly and entirely on the will of the Absolute.
Created by these three disunited forces, worlds are yet continually penetrated by the three forces in a consubstantial state proper to the Absolute in His manifest state.
The Creation from above to below, still follows the same process. Each world is created by the three forces proper to it, and is equally subordinated to the authority of the forces that rule over the preceding steps from which it issues.
Each of these creative forces represents a group of law of the same order, and these laws will condition the world belonging to a particular step, and make it perform its function

The life of the Universe is organized according to a strict and perfect order.
All that appears to be disorder or anarchy to us, because of our deficiencies in perception and judgement.
Yet in the economy of the Great Universe, each being or phenomenon has its place. Each knowingly or unconsciously, serves in the attainment of a precise goal.

Except from Gnosis book- three by Boris Mouravieff

Adamics and Pre-adamics
Because of the Principle of Equilibrium humanity on this earth is divided into two equal parts; Adamics and Pre-adamics. The equilibrium between them is automatically adjusted to follow fluctuations of the incarnations of Adamic souls.

Pre-adamic man does not reincarnate. Not having any individualized element in himself,(in the esoteric sense), he is born and dies but he does not incarnate.
Pre-adamic man, in him, the sexual center reigns supreme, whether by its direct action that takes the form of carnal love, or by an indirect 'psychological' action of the psyche to which his Personality submits.

This does not, however, prevent pre-adamics from entering the evolutionary field that forms the films of adamics in great numbers.

When creation took place, the two humanities were placed under different authorities.
Essentially created, pre-adamic man with organic Life on Earth.
The mission of the adamics was to govern organic life.

But, the Fall of adamic man, necessitated a new beginning, from then on, subject to the law of birth and death, and down to the dim consciousness of the real 'I' and almost complete obstruction of his communication with the higher centers.

The adamics who had previously degenerated into pre-adamics would have the possibility of taking up their abandoned evolution again.

While an equivalent number of the most able pre-adamics would receive the talents that were initially given to the adamics, and this would help them leap forward on the road of esoteric evolution.
They may be compared with gifted, hardworking students who get a double promotion while the incapable and lazy ones do another year in the same class.

Meanwhile, the two races are totally mixed: not only nations, but even families, and generally are composed of both human types.
This state of things is the mixed marriages because of the beauty of the daughter of pre-adamics.

The dominant position of the pre-adamics that is a result of the esoteric failure of the adamics is now creating a critical situation of unprecedented gravity.

The remainder of the time of transition offers the last chance for humanity to reestablish the threatened equilibrium and so avoid a general cataclysm. The transition from one era to another is plunging the world into a critical situation.

Before the Earth can enter the New Era, the Time of Transition must reach a successful outcome, and this outcome will in turn depend on a positive answer to a whole group of problems which will be solved by the appearance of the New Man.

The Great Octave of Our Ray of Creation, depends on the attitude of the adamic men and women who today face the approach of the New Era.
To exercise a salutary action, these men and women must exert themselves and make consciouse super human efforts aimed at reviving the androgynous consciousness of their real 'I' and in so doing, at renewing the organic link that was intended, which was broken by the Fall.

Ever since the Fall of Adamic man, the mixing of the adamic and pre-adamic races, the chromosomes of the one are mixed with the other in us, and each of them is stained with Karmic burdens accumulated during former incarnations.
Blue blood is therefore not something that one can inherit by birth; it can only be regained at the Second Birth.

In spite of everything, in the depths of his heart, adamic man still preserves a vague recollection of his origin, which clings to the continuation of the chromosomes and their genes.
Man can reach the consciousness of his real 'I' by working on his underdeveloped and unbalanced Personality.

Back
Top Bottom