Mouravieff's Gnosis

Except from Gnosis book-two, by Boris Mouravieff

Emotional Center
Due to education and training our civilization towards the intensive training of the negative part of the motor center and towards an intellectual culture, cause of the obviously unbalanced development of the human Personality: highly intelligent, and skillful yet reveals weakness and striking passivity on the emotional plane.

Moments of Relaxation conceived, lead to creative inspiration, which is analogous on the plane of the psyche to conception on the physical plane.
All the opportunities for man's esoteric evolution while working in the world lie in this.
How can we awaken the emotional center and then develop it? The answer is, by mastering negative emotions and transmuting them into positive emotions.

The magnetic center is formed starting from the lower emotional center, which it progressively absorbs before it is finally integrated into the higher emotions center, the door way to Light and real Life.

It may be surprise that when treated according to precise rules founded on a strenuous psychics discipline, these very same emotions, though harmful, can become an abundant source of the fine active energies whose presence is necessary for the development of the Personality.

A diametrically effect is produced at the moment when negative emotions arise in person. The subject need to remain calm and does not mechanically fall into a state of confluence.

The negative emotions can only be formed and begin to act in the inner darkness which characterize the state of confluence, but introspective observation brightens our inner being just like a streetlamp.
The light projected by constatation within the limits of the Present disassociates the negative emotions, and the passions which gave rise to them then fall back into a latent state.

But constatation has yet another effect that is of primary importance: the immediate disassociation of the component which constitute the negative emotion liberates the energy SI-12, which the passion had drawn into the motor center.
A victory over negative emotion brings an in flow of joy into the lower emotional center.
This joy is an expression of the abundance of the energy SI-12 released by constatation, this makes the lower emotional center vibrate at the rapid rhythm that instaneous contact with the higher emotional center and triggers the release of a current of energy SOL-12.

Each victory over a negative emotion accelerates the formation of this center. It is this energy which allows the establishment of a contact with the higher emotional center and accelerates the growth and the development of the magnetic center.

However, when we cultivate inner peace, our opportunities for profitably exploiting the negative emotions and to obtain fine energies become very scarce.
Then there remains only one other source, that of negative emotions aroused by shocks from outside us. This kind of shock will never be lacking for those who work in the world.
But whoever commits himself on this field of battle will find help from the depths of his being.

In the individual case, the positive effects of negative emotions lies in the fact that they serve as Awakening alarms.
The process which leads to fusion must be attentively observed during its development and subjected at every moment to the practice of lucid Presence in Oneself.

Except from Gnosis book- one by Boris Mouravieff

Law of Seven
The second fundamental law: the Law of Seven. This law applies neither to the creation nor the existence of things and phenomena in space, but to their evolution in time.
It concerns the action of all types of Moverment on all planes at all the steps of creation.

In accordance with this Law of Seven, every action is subject to one or more changes in direction and as a consequence is in principle doomed to failure. However, by analyzing the action of the Law of Seven, we shall learn how it is possible to combat these deviations and continue in a constant direction in pursuit of our goals.

The Law of Seven consists and precisely undergoes a deviation at a certain moment and then after going a certain distance in the new direction, another deviation, then yet again.

Thus, under the influence of the Law of Seven, every action generated in the Universe unfolds in cycles. The curvature of deviation make even return to its point of departure after circumscribing the polygon of Eternity.

These considerations on the curvature of Time and of all Moverment- including any physical, mental or moral action whatever its nature- permit us to give a definition of the Law of Seven.
In human activity on the moral plane, we continue to imagine that we are following the same direction though, without realizing it, we are unsensibly led to take the opposite direction.

The action of the law of seven, in Moverments in which vibrations increase.
The musical octave, whose structure perfectly reflects the Law of Seven.
By 'Octave' mean the doubling of vibrations, the musical scale comprises seven tones and the two missing half-tones are positioned between the notes MI-FA, and SI-DO.

Every existing phenomenon is all Moverment, as a function of Time, take place under dominion of the Law of Seven/The Law of Octaves.
The Ray of Creation, in its progress from a descending sequence of the Octave is called the Great Octave or the Cosmic Octave.
The names of the note that form the musical octave shows direct correspondence with the notes of Great Cosmic Octave.
1-DO- The Absolute manifest/The Central Sun.
(Interval)
3-SI- Starry Sky. Ensemble of all worlds.
6-LA- Our Great World/The Milky Way.
12-SOL- The Sun.
24-FA- The planetary world, to which antiquity attributed direct influence on our destiny.
(Interval)
48-MI- Earth, our imperfect world, under the mixed rule of Good and Evil.
96-RE- The Moon, ruler of human fate, according to the Ancients.

The will of the Absolute, to pass to the stage of manifestation, and then descend through every step of the Ray of Creation, down to the final point which is RE, the Moon.
It was and still is first necessary to fill the interval between DO and SI.
Then it is necessary to neutralize the tendency to deviate, caused by the sudden slowing in its progress between FA and MI.

The first interval DO-SI is filled by the Absolute's creative will, which manifests at this point as a conscious effort, giving the first impulse to a premeditated and predetermined creation.

As for the interval between FA and MI of the Great Octave is filled by Earth's organic life- the life giving energy- going to Earth and the Moon- through the FA-MI interval of the Great Octave.

This is, for example, the cosmic origin of wars and Revolutions of epidemics, and of all the other large-scale catastrophe that plague humanity.

Except from Gnosis book-one by Boris Mouravieff

Knowledge and Being
There is an essential difference between esoteric knowledge and purely intellectual knowledge. The latter is independent of the moral qualities of the student or scientist. Being wicked or hypercritical does not in the least prevent anyone.
This is why intellectual knowledge, neither rises above the plane of information.

The nature of esoteric knowledge is different. For this kind of theory to be understood and correctly assimilated, not only is intellectual effort required, but participation of our Being is also needed.
This is particularly true concerning the practice which is an essential part of this work.

Neither should we forget that Traditional esoteric knowledge, once received, it works within us even when we do not think about it, whether we are awake or sleep, and impregnates us little by little.

The point of evolution which the whole Universe has now reached-with all it contains, including each one of us-is situated between the third and fourth stage, between Pre-Creation and the Final Accomplished Creation.

Being means to be in the Present. This 'Being' said that esoteric work on oneself has the essential aim of broadening the individual slot that opens directly on the Present.
The perception of the 'I' within a Present which embraces Future and Past, none other than the consciousness of the real I.
There is progress there, with attention brought into play; but observing is not enough to obtain esoteric results, since even while we are attentive, the object can still seduce us to the point of making us lose our consciousness of ourselves.

It is only when we observe, while making a conscious effort directed simultaneously towards the exterior and towards the interior, that we reach true constatation which itself then produces an esoteric result.

Observation of this general rule of doubled attention is demanded throughout the Way, all the way to the summit of esoteric evolution.
It is the constant effort to be watchful, keeping the idea of the 'I' present in one's mind, while continuing one's activities as before.

The exercise of Presence is an effort of watchfulness. When done daily in the form of passive constatation, it leads to Knowledge of oneself.
The seeker must practice doubled attention as much as he can during all his activities.

The knowledge, understanding and Savoir-Faire needed to attain this aim have been preserved through the centuries.
It is remarkable that these changes in direction, and the coming of the new era they imply, have been constantly notable for the varied active and eminent roles played by woman.
The principle of woman's intervention is found in all crucial periods of history.

Our lives very often resemble a well conceived theater play in which the roles are upset by a person. Acting in the world, the team's members were themselves subject to the influence of the Principle of Imperfection.
Our failures and falls must be analyzed and must serve as lessons.
Courageously, we may then resume the game.

Kay Kim said:
Except from Gnosis book-one by Boris Mouravieff

Knowledge and Being
There is an essential difference between esoteric knowledge and purely intellectual knowledge. The latter is independent of the moral qualities of the student or scientist. Being wicked or hypercritical does not in the least prevent anyone.
This is why intellectual knowledge, neither rises above the plane of information.

The nature of esoteric knowledge is different. For this kind of theory to be understood and correctly assimilated, not only is intellectual effort required, but participation of our Being is also needed.
This is particularly true concerning the practice which is an essential part of this work.

Neither should we forget that Traditional esoteric knowledge, once received, it works within us even when we do not think about it, whether we are awake or sleep, and impregnates us little by little.

The point of evolution which the whole Universe has now reached-with all it contains, including each one of us-is situated between the third and fourth stage, between Pre-Creation and the Final Accomplished Creation.

Being means to be in the Present. This 'Being' said that esoteric work on oneself has the essential aim of broadening the individual slot that opens directly on the Present.
The perception of the 'I' within a Present which embraces Future and Past, none other than the consciousness of the real I.
There is progress there, with attention brought into play; but observing is not enough to obtain esoteric results, since even while we are attentive, the object can still seduce us to the point of making us lose our consciousness of ourselves.

It is only when we observe, while making a conscious effort directed simultaneously towards the exterior and towards the interior, that we reach true constatation which itself then produces an esoteric result.

Observation of this general rule of doubled attention is demanded throughout the Way, all the way to the summit of esoteric evolution.
It is the constant effort to be watchful, keeping the idea of the 'I' present in one's mind, while continuing one's activities as before.

The exercise of Presence is an effort of watchfulness. When done daily in the form of passive constatation, it leads to Knowledge of oneself.
The seeker must practice doubled attention as much as he can during all his activities.

The knowledge, understanding and Savoir-Faire needed to attain this aim have been preserved through the centuries.
It is remarkable that these changes in direction, and the coming of the new era they imply, have been constantly notable for the varied active and eminent roles played by woman.
The principle of woman's intervention is found in all crucial periods of history.

Our lives very often resemble a well conceived theater play in which the roles are upset by a person. Acting in the world, the team's members were themselves subject to the influence of the Principle of Imperfection.
Our failures and falls must be analyzed and must serve as lessons.
Courageously, we may then resume the game.

Is it the right thing to be doing by cutting and pasting wholesale sections of this verbatim without any comment or context or shared lessons? I did buy the books quite a while ago and am on my second time through. This material IS very valuable but, I just don't know....I think adding something of yourself might be beneficial to us all?

BHelmet said:
Is it the right thing to be doing by cutting and pasting wholesale sections of this verbatim without any comment or context or shared lessons? I did buy the books quite a while ago and am on my second time through. This material IS very valuable but, I just don't know....I think adding something of yourself might be beneficial to us all?

Since this thread is about the book, it is not really out of place to post those excerpts. Of course it would be fruitful to add a bit of information and context about those section, but I would say it isn't a strict requirement in this specific case, since a lot in Gnosis almost speaks for itself.

Having said that, maybe there is another underlining reason for why it robs you the wrong way?

Pashalis said:
BHelmet said:

Since this thread is about the book, it is not really out of place to post those excerpts. Of course it would be fruitful to add a bit of information and context about those section, but I would say it isn't a strict requirement in this specific case, since a lot in Gnosis almost speaks for itself.

Having said that, maybe there is another underlining reason for why it robs you the wrong way?

First, this thread started out being about book II and the OP was asking for help understanding and interpreting. I think that is a valuable endeavor and we all learn through the interactions and comments. As far as being rubbed the wrong way: on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being my fur being brushed with stiff bristles in the opposite direction it grows, this is barely a 1.

I mainly meant to invite Kim to share something of him or herself. i.e., Why are you quoting this? How does it relate? What is your understanding of it? No - certainly not a strict requirement. But, personally, I get something different out of that than just by reading a random series of quotes. That is one of the ways this forum adds something that you just can't get 'alone', IMO.

Mouravieff is kind of like a really rich well-made chocolate souffle. They give those teeny, tiny little spoons with it and not a giant tablespoon. It is most fully experienced in small doses. You take a little bite and roll it around in your mouth, consider it, and let the richness slowly overwhelm you. The insights and interpretations and considerations of others are like that little dollop of whipped cream on top that makes it even that much better. OSIT

[quote author=BHelmet]
I mainly meant to invite Kim to share something of him or herself. i.e., Why are you quoting this? How does it relate? What is your understanding of it? No - certainly not a strict requirement. But, personally, I get something different out of that than just by reading a random series of quotes. That is one of the ways this forum adds something that you just can't get 'alone', IMO.
[/quote]

I have often had similar thoughts when reading the quotes by Kay Kim.

Anyone know about a good French-to-English dictionary? That is constructed regards content like the excellent Oxford English Dictionary, where I can read about the history of a word sometimes going back to ~9th century. Old styles of thinking are nice to read for better understanding and is fun to see, how writing styles evolved.

The English version lists a lot of French words as sources and it would be nice to get a true sense of those historically.

Back
Top Bottom