multipurpose lard cream

Maya

Jedi Master
I've searched the entire forum and couldn't find topic related to this so I'm kindly asking administrators to move it somewhere if/where they think is appropriate :rolleyes:

Ladies you're gonna love this (but since my husband is using it with great enthusiasm) everyone is welcome to try it, it sure is very helpfull in this cold part of year...not to mention the ice age comming..

So : put 3- 5 tablespoons of lard in some deep bowl where you can easily
mix it with kitchen mixer, pour into cold water duoble as much as lard amount
and carefully mix it.
After 1 min aprox, pour out the water and fill the bowl with fresh water, mix again.
Repeat this pouring in and out at least a 5 - 7 times and you will get very nice and soft, almost silky and hydrated cream which you can use for everything !
:thup:
It's great for your face and whole body, as make up remover, lip gloss,... you can even polish your shoes with it... in our house it has many appliances ..so you try it and decide for yourself ;)

Btw, in the end of mixing, when you poured out all of water I recomand to put in some essential oil drops ( lavander and geranium together give very nice scent) ..

Your skin will be overjoyed !

LOL! I wrote about lard cream here when I also started to participate on the forum :)
I think it is good to have its own thread :)
Thanks Savitri.

I believe this is what they used to call "cold creme", and it was the very first form of skincare recovered by archaeologists. Thank you for the recipe!

grini said:
LOL! I wrote about lard cream here when I also started to participate on the forum :)
I think it is good to have its own thread :)
Thanks Savitri.

ooups, how come I didn't find it then ..? :huh:
ok, never mind... I hope it helps if someone missed it, it is the best thing
you can put on your skin indeed..
and a very good way to save some money ...

thanks grini :cool2:

Thanks Savitri CRO for sharing! It sounds so simple!

I think I'm gonna try it, just have to make sure enough fat is stored for consumption :) :cool2:

monotonic said:
Does this only work for lard?

What else are you thinking about? It could work with other fats as far as I can tell.

But it reminds me of the famous saying 'Good Lard' and the lesser-known Beatles song: Lard is all you need

Nuke said:
monotonic said:
Does this only work for lard?

What else are you thinking about? It could work with other fats as far as I can tell.

You can use olive oil also, or shea butter mixed with coconut butter 50:50 ... but that's the more expensive option than lard cream... and more simple cause you don't have to wash anything out.

Edit=Quotes

Laurelayn said:
what about tallow? I have some beautiful white tallow from my bone broth... :)

Tallow..? hmmmm....
I'm not sure how it works if it's cooked with the bone broth, its salted and has all kinds of stuff in it , so probably it's more perishable ? :rolleyes:

Usually tallow from pig or beef has to be melted and cooked alone (like when you make cracklings) only without salt... then you can probably wash it this way to make 'hidrated and silky cream' ...
I have never done it so can't tell exactly... :/

I wonder how different this is really from rendering lard with water? Perhaps it is the same process of purifying it except at a lower temperature, and lard is just soft enough to allow it?

monotonic, if I understood your query correctly, this cream is en emulsion of water in already purified fat, rather than separation of fat from protein and connective tissue that is done in rendering.

But, the instructions are to add water, mix, then dump water. Something must be absorbed by the water which is then eliminated when you dump the water. Water soluble nutrients?

Back
Top Bottom