Muse - Exo-Politics (with link to audio)

Iconoclast

Jedi Master
Muse - Exo-Politics (2006)

audio available here:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ersYa_BxEP0

Open skies over me,
I have waited patiently,
I wait for a sign.

As conspiracies unwind,
Will you slam shut,
Or free your mind,
or stay hypnotised.

When the zetas fill the skies,
Will our leaders tell us why,
Fully loaded satellites,
We'll tell you nothing but our minds.

And I've waited patiently,
And I wait for the sign.

Carried through the centuries,
Secrets locked up,
And loaded on my back,
Well it weights me down.

When the zetas fill the skies,
It's just our leaders in disguise,
Fully loaded satelites,
We can't get nothing but our minds.

I'm waiting patiently,
And I wait for the sign. (Yeah).
I'm waiting patiently,
And I wait for the sign

love these lyrics (and the song) - they express my state of mind very well...

Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muse_(band)
Muse are one of the very few current bands that really strike a chord with me (musically first and then lyrically) - i listen to large amounts of almost all kinds of music, but they really stand out.

anyway, their lead-"singer/guitarist/songwriter/pianist" is a guy called Matthew Bellamy - and he is known to be very interested and well-read in, let's call it 'alternative views'. :)
wish someone could get the psychopathy/ponerology info to him...

just wanted to post this in case someone is looking for some good rock music. ;)

and yes, i realize that anything published by warner bros. records has a pretty high probability of being just more programming... :evil:

Muse is my favorite band. I like the drawn out lyrics and the drumming. This is probably their most overt song that I know of; I have their last two albums. Their lyrics have a lot of deeper things like end of the world, aliens as in this case, and the more conventional love/lust topics.

Like you said Iconoclast, it is likely to be programming, but it may at least introduce people who are totally unfamiliar with radical thinking to these ideas. Like this song seems to say: Zetas (Zeta Reticulans/ Grays) are really our leaders in disguise. :huh: I think though in the C's material the government was said to fake some stuff like mutilations to throw people off. However, I really like this quote from the song:

Muse said:
Carried through the centuries,
Secrets locked up,
And loaded on my back,
Well it weighs me down.

I've always found it creepy to listen to this song at night while driving :lol:, it's that intro guitar riff that does it; I think I'll always associate it with aliens :P.

hey, 3D student. sorry, i was on holiday.

hm, i understand the lyrics 'leaders in disguise' differently.
i think he means the well-known scenario (repordedly confessed to by werner von braun on his deathbed) that there will be a staged alien invasion.

Ah ok, yeah I've thought of it as the idea that some of the weird phenomena are just our leaders. I've heard also of staged invasions, I guess it's just a matter of which side "lets it out of the bag" first.

Also from the same band, a great song called "Apocalypse Please"! I find myself listening to it quite often recently... :rolleyes:

Listen it in: _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofivZ0p-XLg

Lyrics to Apocalypse Please :
Declare this an emergency
come on and spread a sense of urgency
and pull us through
and pull us through

and this is the end
this is the end
of the world

and it's time we saw a miracle
come on, it's time for something biblical
to pull us through
and pull us through

and this is the end
this is the end
of the world

proclaim enternal victory
come on and change the cause of history
and pull us through
and pull us through

and this is the end
this is the end
of the world

Wow! This is the first I've heard of Muse. These guys are awesome. My ears are dancing. :rockon:

Very cool! Musically, they sound a lot like older Radiohead material, fwiw. Lyrically, they're much more up to speed than anything I've heard lately.

:thup:

Yeah Apocalypse Please is another good one of their songs with a more unconventional subject matter. I've also heard them compared to Radiohead, of which I only know a few songs.

chachachick - glad i could turn you onto muse!!

i've also heard comparisons to radiohead, which to be honest i don't get at all... radiohead are imho much quieter and 'artsy' while muse just blow you away.
they have an enormous reputation as being one of the best live bands in the world. (i've only seen dvds so far, but if they ever come to my neck of the woods...)
my sister sees quite a lot of concerts and was completely bowled over by them.

here is another fantastic song (+lyrics):

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-lBckzLwhE

Muse - Take a bow

Corrupt
You're corrupt
Bring corruption to all that you touch
Hold
You behold
And beholden for all that you've done
And spin
Cast a spell
Cast a spell on the country you run
And risk
You will risk
You will risk all their lives and their souls

And burn
You will burn
You will burn in hell, yeah you'll burn in hell
You'll burn in hell
Yeah you'll burn in hell
For your sins

And our freedom's consuming itself
What we've become
It's contrary to what we want

Take a bow

Death
You bring death, and destruction to all that you touch
Pay
You must pay
You must pay for your crimes against the earth
Yeah hex
Feed the hex
Feed the hex on the country you love

Now beg
You will beg
You will beg for their lives and their souls

Now burn
You will burn
You will burn in hell, yeah you'll burn in hell
You'll burn in hell
Yeah you'll burn in hell
You'll burn in hell
Yeah you'll burn in hell
For your sins

Muse is a great band indeed! They have produced 5 albums and a lot of musical "gems" are waiting in there. Highly recommended!

But since it is so nice to share our most beloved music with each other, i cannot help seizing the opportunity and suggesting you listen
to a instrumental song created by one of the greatest modern Greek composers, Manos Xatzidakis, called "Dance with my own shadow".
I admit this is one of my all time favourites, it's hair raising effect works every time for me and i find myself full of emotions, insights,
and impressions after listening to it. I hope you will enjoy it too!

Link: _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQL0RAkDOSk&feature=related (try the High Quality version if you can)

And this is a note or a poem from the composer regarding this particular piece of music:

When I got home I began to dance. The sound of a band carried me away.
I tore the wall apart and found myself out on the streets garish with nightmarish colours.
And the bands beat out the rhythms frantically, as I disappeared in Time alone, desolate,
enigmatic- disappearing through the place I had come from, leaving behind me an everlasting
smile for human beings to remember. For no one will ever know if I really came, if I really
went and if I ever really existed in their midst by chance...

Manos Xatzidakis

:)

Iconoclast said:
here is another fantastic song (+lyrics):

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-lBckzLwhE

Muse - Take a bow

Yeah the song "Take a Bow" was the theme song for the movie "Watchmen". Though it looked cool and featured a Muse song, I didn't see it.

spyraal said:
But since it is so nice to share our most beloved music with each other, i cannot help seizing the opportunity and suggesting you listen
to a instrumental song created by one of the greatest modern Greek composers, Manos Xatzidakis, called "Dance with my own shadow".

Cool video, the music kind of reminds me of an emotional Italian song :P.

I've just watched Muse's 2007 show "HAARP" at Wembley, and it was kind of funny to see how they shaped the audience and stage so that it formed a Gray face when watched from above. The helicopter shots showed this... cute... :)

I came across this interview with their lead vocalist Matt Bellamy

_http://lexcorpninja.vox.com/library/post/interview-with-matt-bellamy.html

Interview with Matt Bellamy

* Nov 16, 2006 at 3:20 PM
* 6 comments

From NME:

“Let’s Burn Down the Houses of Parliament!”

First Bono and friends saved the world, now Muse are ready to fire up the revolution.

Rock’s grand conspirator leans closer. “I see the only thing to do,” he mutters, in case any hidden microphones might catch them, “is to build some Molotov cocktails and start bunging them at -flicking-g MPs. I’m not sure what else there is to do. It’s almost got to the point where it’s ‘Let’s just have a civil war.’”

Did I hear you right? You’re suggesting a full on revolution?

Scanning for governmental surveillance devices, The Grand Conspirator eyes the arena floor where a 100-strong crew, six hours later than planned, are racing to erect the band’s stage by door time.

“There’s not enough of that in music,” he continues. “We’re born into this bondage, this system. It’s pleasant, it’s a nice world, but put it this way: the vote we all get is useless. The concept of democracy is a -flicking-g joke. Rock’s supposed to shake things up and say, ‘-flick- that, this is shit, man! Let’s burn down the Houses of Parliament!”

For too long now the Powers That Be have dismissed Matt Bellamy as ‘That crackpot little fella from Muse’, his gabbings about the Apocalypse, alien visitations from tenth planets and other such David Icke-isms disguising the full extent of his threat to the world order. But as he plots his band’s forthcoming infiltration of the UK’s entertainment complexes – in which Muse perform galactic future-rock epics like ‘Starlight’, ‘Supermassive Black Hole’ and ‘Stockholm Syndrome’ on a stage with mind-control machines, spy satellites and the mysterious HAARP installation in Alaska – his proclamations have become more politically focused and theoretically sound: the 9/11 conspiracies; the governmental mind control; the corruption of democracy; the, er, lizard people walking among us. Surveillance has also traced, on recent genre-crushing fourth album ‘Black Holes and Revelations’, a lyrical shift away from the biblical soothsaying towards firm revolutionary action: the anti-war coup inciting on ‘Assassin’ and ‘Soldier’s Poem’, the cries of “Destroy this city of delusion!”, the ‘Exo-Politics’ theory that politicians are using the threat of alien attack as an excuse to put weapons in space aimed at far more Earthbound enemies.

Notebooks out, anarchists: Matt Bellamy has some truths to impart. The Truths They Didn’t Want You To Read…

The HAARP Mystery

Originally, Muse had intended to use the same stage show for the current European tour as they had for their triumphant Carling Weekend: Reading and Leeds Festival headline shows. Six weeks before the tour, however, set designers were presented with a new prototype: a series of pylons sending messages to a massive ‘fully loaded satellite’ which rises up to reveal drummer Dominic Howard playing inside. The design, Matt explains, is based on the American government’s High-Frequency Active Auroral Research Programme in Alaska – a million experiment that an assortment of critics (environmentalists, Native Americans and Alaskan citizens), believe could be used by the military for everything from weather control to mind control.

Matt: “No-one really knows what it is but modern warfare and modern weapons have moved into this next stage. There’s a big battle going on as to who’ll control the weather.”

I see. And how much hard fact do you have to support this theory?

Matt: (Laughs) “Not much! Bt it’s out there if you want to find it. This HAARP thing, the government are saying it’s for communications with submarines and their own spacecraft, but scientists have said that they’re really trying to tap into the ionosphere, where a lot of weather stuff takes place. Interfere with that and you can manipulate the weather.”

9/11

Matt has recently claimed that he believes the September 11 attacks have been a set-up. In what way?

Matt: “It’s a tough one. There’s never been any hard evidence that ties any of the usual suspects with this. In fact, the evidence they did use [to incriminate the alleged terrorists] was laughable. The plane’s black box that keeps all the information, that melted. But apparently a passport with one of the hijacker’s names flew out of the window and landed on the ground. That’s laughable. I’m not saying that it wasn’t an attack on the United States – it was, there’s no question about that. The question is who was the attack done by and for what reason? I think there’s far more to suggest that a select amount of people who are reaping vast benefits from the war that’s taking place at the moment… they’ve got the means and the motive to try to pull something like that off. We’ve got to be careful we don’t let these people make mugs of us. There was never an independent investigation into what took place yet we’ve waged wars in its name.”

What about North Korea – why aren’t we invading them? They’ve definitely tested nukes!

Matt: “Have they? I don’t know if they have. That’s what the news tells us, but I don’t know if that’s true or not. To what extent should you believe what you’re told? It’s all a big -flicking-g set-up. They’re just trying to lead us all to believe that that’s the right thing to do so when they do it we all go, Yeah!’. What’s behind it all is keeping a population feeling under threat, all that does is give an excuse to increase control and take away the freedoms of individuals. You know you’re living in dangerous times when simply having a different opinion is dangerous. For people to stand up and say things that maybe I’m saying and get pointed at and ridiculed, that’s a sign that we live in extremely limited, narrow-minded times, far, far to the right , and it’s just getting worse.”

Knights of Cydonia

‘Knights of Cydonia’, the song, is Muse’s stonking great epic of a horse-snorting, fret-frotting majesty and easily the most prog single released since 1972. Cydonia the place, meanwhile, is a region of Mars which hides, Matt believes, the hidden secrets of human/alien evolution.

Matt: “Cydonia is a region where there’s various remains of what looks like pyramids. It’s got evidence of old ancient structures or civilisations even.. Where it gets interesting is that there are people out there now who are realising that the whole pyramid area in North Africa, not just the Giza area, in one enormous, very in-depth star map if you look at it from above. They’re trying to lay out some kind of message to someone who’s in the sky. The same layout has been found on Mars, on Cydonia, and someone has linked them all together. And if you look at Washington from above it’s exactly the same as the pyramids, the way they’re laid out. There’s a whole lot of secrecy out there about some of the monuments that are on Earth and also things that might be, which I hope will be, on Cydonia on Mars.

The Lizard People

Which brings us nicely to Matt’s recent revelations that he’s not entirely in disagreement with David Icke’s theory that we have already been invaded by alien lizard people disguised as human beings. Except Matt’s ideas are rather more scientifically grounded. Although still somewhat mental.

Matt: “I don’t think there are aliens with us now, but I certainly think part of our DNA at least is not from this Earth. There’s a massive void of fossil records – there should be billions of fossils and skeleton structures of all these different stages of Neanderthal, which there aren’t. There’s one or two. I think there was definitely Neanderthal man around but there was a cross pollination-type situation taking place.”

Could I be one of the lizard people? How would I know?

“There’s a rumour that there’s a certain bloodline that is susceptible to possession from this other entity which lives outside our realm of understanding of the three dimensions. It’s the royal bloodline obviously, which goes back a long, long way. Check out those bloodlines!”

So the Queen is a lizard person?

Matt: “She might be. Why are they all breeding with each other?”

To keep the money?

Matt: “To keep the money? Nah.”

Rumour, smokescreen, secrets and lies. If only our own eyes and ears are to be believed then we can be utterly certain that of only one thing: Muse live in 2006 is a sensory blitzkrieg of turbo-firing rock euphoria and synapse-dazzling electronic overload. Over a set of non-stop ultrahits – from the opening doomsday synth-metal crescendo of ‘Take A Bow’, through the pop opera of supernovas of ‘Hysteria’, ‘Starlight’ and ‘Butterflies and Hurricanes’ to the return of the bouncy weather balloons for a brain-mushing ‘Stockholm Syndrome’ – this is a show, beamed direct from the Saturn ShockWaves Enormodrome, so breathtaking it rips your lungs out through your eyeballs. Matt plays a guitar that looks like it’s got HAL, the computer from 2001: A Space Odyssey, flashing different colours on it during ‘Invincible’; Dom plays a transparent drumkit in his 50-foot hydraulic satellite throughout; galaxies burst, suns explode; cities burn and evil warbot armies march on the screens above. Like some kind of thunder-speed Hitocalypse attraction at Alton Towers, their 90 minutes of space-punk brilliance leaves you dazed, dazzled and begging for one more ride. And thus, tonight in Madrid, another 9,000 Muse stormtroopers are readied for the final battle.

Post-show, we invade the dressing room celebrations and corner The Grand Conspirator again, ready for our orders. Which MPs shall we firebomb first, oh great leader?

Matt shakes his head. “The whole mind-manipulation thing, the whole control situation, it’s far more complex than people realise. A revolution of the mind needs to take place before there can be anything physical. You have to be at that point where you look at a newspaper and think, ‘It’s all just shit,’ before you can even begin to consider doing anything physical about it.”

He’s suddenly quiet, as if picking up a signal from a bugging antenna.

“I’m not going to lead a revolution,” he says, then whispers, “but I’m happy to join in on one.”

Wake up Britain: the revolution will be maxi-sized.

As crazy as it seems, it also seems he might have a point. It would be foolish to dismiss everything he says as insane, just as it would be foolish to hang on every word. I respect him though, for daring to think outside of the information he's fed.

I think I'm starting to like this guy. :cool2:

yeah, somebody needs to get the psychopathy info to him...

if they were to play in my neck o' the woods, i'd hold up a sign like 'RESEARCH PSYCHOPATHY, MATT!' ;)

Muse's first release from their new album, The Resistance

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAP5Sr3R638

The video's been up 2 weeks and has over a million views.

Uprising

The paranoia is in bloom, the PR
The transmissions will resume
They'll try to push drugs
Keep us all dumbed down and hope that
We will never see the truth around
(So come on!)

Another promise, another scene, another
A package not to keep us trapped in greed
With all the green belts wrapped around our minds
And endless red tape to keep the truth confined
(So come on!)