My bass journey

This is one from the time before the sound of the Hammond organ gave way to electronic keyboards.

Viva Tirado by the group El Chicano was released in 1970 and prompted my fascination with the Hammond organ.

Although El Chicano were categorized as a jazz group their sound crossed over into Pop, Latino and R&B circles.

This is a live performance from 2010.

The original recording was done at the Kabuki Sukiyaki Restaurant at Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angeles in 1970.

My post was originally intended for the section 'What are you listening to', @Glenn.
If it's not to your taste maybe the moderators can move it elsewhere... ;-)
No, I was just listening to it. Pretty cool stuff, kind of has a Santana vibe to it. I like the Hammond organ as well. A pretty versatile instrument, played by the likes of Keith Emerson, and John Lord... and of course Santana among others.

Glenn and TC: This was one of the best musical interludes (and a conversation about music) that I've ever heard. I started playing an upright in high school and then in a community band for awhile. I also have a used electric I tool around with occasionally. Thanks SO much for sharing all this. It was a real pleasure.

. Sorry, tried to attach an mp3 and it wouldn't do it. Will try again later...
(OK trying again)

Was going through some recordings we made when we were first starting out. And this is the only one we did, with just the two of us, with no backing track. I thought the interplay was cool, just guitar and bass. We only did one take, and you can hear some groaning with a few off notes.

My friend is not able to play any more, as he has had a couple of operations on his hand, for I think carpal tunnel, so for now, we are done...
:-(

Here it is, a rendition of All The Things You Are:

View attachment 210111_0049 may 8 23 stereo.mp3

Back
Top Bottom