My beautiful Rottweiler Riley has died...

So sorry to hear about your loss Scotseeker. A beautiful friend you had in Riley and you'll never forget the bond you had. A brave decision you took to end her suffering and a relief for her to be free of the pain. Take care and give yourself time to come to terms with your grief as I'd imagine your loss will feel like a big one. Much love to you :hug2:

Thank all of you so much for your kind words, they mean a lot to me. The hole in my heart and life right now is huge, I love that girl with all my being. I am sure as the days pass that hole will heal, for now I just be with my other Rottie Halee, she needs me right now as well. Once again, I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart, much love back to all of you.

She was very shining, it's a no doubt for the love between you two !

Mourn well.

So sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved companion. The passing of our pets is so painful--be kind to yourself as you grieve.

So sorry to learn that scotseeker. My condelences and may Riley rest in peace.

I love you forever and miss you more than words can describe.

As shellycheval wrote: The passing of our pets is so painful--be kind to yourself as you grieve. :hug2:

scottseeker, I am sorry to hear your pain. I've had my heart broken with one more again coming.

The Rainbow Bridge ( inspired by a Norse legend)

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
When their time on earth is over and done.
For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.
No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.
They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.
For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.
The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together
:) :) :)

scotseeker, I'm firmly convinced that losing a pet is in some ways harder than losing a family member. Pets are, like children, innocent. They don't ask for or deserve the crap mankind puts them through, and treating them with love is the best thing we can do.

Unfortunately sometimes that love means you have to make the decision to end their suffering. I recently had to make that decision with my poor kitty (16 years old). Horrible horrible horrible.

Being with her when she passed on was the most devastating moment of my life, but I think letting her continue to suffer would have been cruelty at it's most extreme. My wife and I still weep when we think about it.

Best of luck on moving forward. It's not easy; but like the cliche says, one day at a time. It's true.

Back
Top Bottom