My Ten Day Fast

TUESDAY JANUARY 05, 12:30 PM, FIRST 24 HOURS
Slept well last night, no hunger issues, did resistant exercises, 40 minutes on recumbent bike. Two cups of black coffee this AM.
Smoking more than usual Helps to stave off hunger pangs, I guess, alhough not experiencing feelings of hunger. Drinking more water, urinating more often. Overall feeling good, lots of energy.
So far so good:cool:
PS: Coffee at present doesn't seem to be an issue. That may change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops. Could I have a moderator please change the "January 04" date to January 05." In the above post
Thanks.

Wednesday January 06, 8:45 AM.
Second 24 hour period, 31/2 hours remaining.
Restless sleep last night. Up at 5:00AM. Usual morning routine, then coffee, three smokes, exercise, in that order.
No hunger pangs. Lots of energy doing exercises. Overall, feel good. Surprised at absence of hinger pangs. Maybe because of smokes. Smoking probably twice as much as usual.
Would appreciate feedback.

i did many 5-7 day fasts in the last year before being cured of IBS, it was the only thing besides going carnivore that cured me temporarily, the reason for limiting it was because GH peaks at 5 days along with your metabolism, but 10 days must be even better, dry fasting seems interesting too..

hunger pangs usually take a few days to go away during a fast so it could be the smoking keeping them at bay. I have heard that when hunger returns it is a signal to end the fast but I’m no expert. Sounds like you are getting off to a good start since you have plenty of energy. I’m rooting for you.

Thursday January 07. Third 24 hours into fast.
Slept seven hours straight. First time in a long time. Usual morning routine, but only forty minutes on bike. One black coffee. No hunger pangs, but I do miss food, think a lot about it. Feel good. Lots of energy, but feel the cold more. Thermostat at 27 last night, usually at 24.

Friday January 08. Completion of fourth day of fast.
Slept well, seven hours, up at 5:30. Usual morning routine. Feel good, but not energetic. No hunger pangs. No weigh scale, but I'm definitely losing weight. Love handles have shrunk and I can feel my butt bones while sitting in my office chair and the bike.
The purplish rings around eyes have significantly diminished. Don't know what causes them.

I read online that dark rings around your eyes could be caused
by lack of sleep, genetics, diet or food allergies.
if it`s diet or food allergies than that would explain why fasting reduced
them.
good luck on your fast, Redrock12

Broke fast at 6:00PM. Around 1:00PM I Started to expeience chills, weakness, and hunger pangs. So at 6 I ate some ground beef and cheese. The chills, weakness, and hunger pangs have disappeared, so I'll continue fasting until and if those symptoms reappear.

pay attention to electrolytes man, cucumber water, or potassium salt couple grams in water 2x a day seems good

I'd say beer is the best source but it has some carbs

if you get nervous/shaking again you can try no-sugar gelatin too, it's pure glycine and not enough kcals to break your fast

Saturday January 08. Slept well, bacon and eggs, whole grain toast for breakfast (having trouble getting off of bread).
Feel good but very tired, no energy. Maybe I'm just too old for prolonged fasting.
Oh well, maybe next week try intermittent fasting.

Sounds like you're not keto adapted, or you wouldn't have had the keto flu. I would highly recommend experiementing with intermittent fasting and keto before you try fasting again.
Prolonged fasting is a very powerful tool, not one to be taken lightly.

Back
Top Bottom