Na Severu ... a Czech web full of SOTT

rylek

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
I think I am going to start with small steps, but I should do it daily, and see how it goes forward through that Slovak media web.

Then, it was my idea to get to know some independent Slovak voices true, but now it looks it's my job to do it thoroughly? uh oh I'm in deep water!
My turn for a late reply! I think anka already well summarized how to get the ball rolling and what to think about and do in terms of getting up to speed. You should really do it at your own speed and we'll see how things progress.

At the moment, in terms of division of labor, anka focuses more on finding articles from the Czech scene and me mostly focusing on translations. For example one of our current aims is to get, one by one, the'core' Sott/Cass articles out there, such the 'Comets and catastrophes' series which we're still wrapping up, and we've had a tentative start on the Wave. Ponerology and psychopathy is another big topic and in the days of the old blogspot blog has probably had the biggest response from readers.

But we're still improving on efficiency and an additional person on the team would be much appreciated in terms of bringing a fresh pair of eyes!

Mikkael

Padawan Learner
At the moment, in terms of division of labor, anka focuses more on finding articles from the Czech scene and me mostly focusing on translations.
I see that you have full plates of what to do! I am rapidly moving with bookmarking, and taking notes on what I did already found, so hopefully I will be able to prepare it in such a way without undue burdening you. I'm surfing the web sifting through grain and chaff, and learning quickly. You mentioned the option of translating articles from Sott, I don't know if it is not too difficult task, I have started one on Global warming as my homework, as a challenge, and we will see about result.

I came across this recently released book *Prepisovači dejín* (Fakers of History) which points to manipulations of historical facts, which one of the autors publicist Maroš Puchovský described during April presentation in Bratislava, Slovakia.
"I tried to make concise evaluation of reality since the end of the Cold War. It is about political, economical, and ideological pervasion which we are now experiencing fully. Being done by dumbing down of people and the nation. What we can do is only we can write about it".
Those who are conected to this book looks like journalists worth their salt, for example publicist Ľudovít Števko, 30506.
the more I read about what he says the more it rings true. I am going to watch some videos hosting him, and I'll bring more to table after I'm done with translating parts of his interview. This project turns out to be pretty interesting actually.

Nice you posted the documentary with V. Putin on your website, good one!

Mikkael

Padawan Learner
I am progressing with the translation of this article published by Counterpunch, and posted on Sott.net some week ago.

I'm through with this part:
There has been an on-going tectonic shift in the West since the abandonment of the Bretton Woods agreement in 1971. This accelerated when the USSR ended and has resulted in the 'neoliberal globalization' we see today.

At the same time, there has been an unprecedented campaign to re-engineer social consensus in the West. Part of this strategy, involves getting populations in Western countries to fixate on 'global warming', 'gender equity' and 'anti-racism': by focusing on identity politics and climate change, the devastating effects and injustices brought about by globalized capitalism and associated militarism largely remain unchallenged by the masses and stay firmly in the background.

This is the argument presented by Denis Rancourt, researcher at Ontario Civil Liberties Association, in a new report. Rancourt is a former full professor of physics at the University of Ottawa in Canada and author of 'Geo-economics and geo-politics drive successive eras of predatory globalization and socialengineering: Historical emergence of climate change, gender equity, and anti-racism as state doctrines' (April 2019).

In the report, Rancourt references Michael Hudson's 1972 book 'Super Imperialism: The Economic Strategy of American Empire' to help explain the key role of maintaining dollar hegemony and the importance of the petrodollar to US global dominance. Aside from the significance of oil, Rancourt argues that the US has an existential interest to ensure that opioid drugs are traded in US dollars, another major global commodity. This explains the US occupation of Afghanistan. He also pinpoints the importance of US agribusiness and the arms industry in helping to secure US geostrategic goals.

Since the fall of the USSR in 1991, Rancourt says that US war campaigns have, among other things, protected the US dollar from abandonment, destroyed nations seeking sovereignty from US dominance, secured the opium trade, increased control over oil and have frustrated Eurasian integration. In addition, we have seen certain countries face a bombardment of sanctions and hostility in an attempt to destroy energy-producing centres that the US does not control, not least Russia.
translation into Slovak
Od dolárovej hegemónie po globálne otepľovanie:
Globalizácia, Glyfosát a Doktríny konsenzu.

Odkedy sa krajiny západu vzdali Bretónskej zmluvy z roku 1971, na západe prebieha hlboký tektonický posun. Tento sa zrýchlil po rozpade Sovietskeho Zväzu a vyústil v Neoliberálnu Globalizáciu, ktorú dnes vidíme. V rovnakom čase sa na západe rozbehla nebývalá kampaň s účelom zostrojiť novú spoločenskú dohodu. Súčasťou stratégie je fixácia na Globálne otepľovanie, rovnosť pohlaví a antirasizmus: zaostrovaním sa na Identity Politics (požadovanie väčších politických slobôd a sebaurčenia pre menšie skupiny napr. rasové a etnické a hnutia ako napr. transsexuálov a bez ohľadu na prevládajúcu politickú väčšinu) a zmenu klímy, devastujúce účinky a krivdy prinesené globálnym kapitalizmom a s ním súvisiacim militarizmom, zväčša zostávajú bez námietok más a zostávajú stále v pozadí.

Takto prezentuje svoje dôvody výskumník Dennis Rancourt vo svojej novej správe. Rancourt je bývalým profesorom fyziky na univerzite v Ottave v Kanade a autorom...Geo-economics and geo-politics drive successive eras of predatory globalization and social engineering: 'Geo-economics and geo-politics drive successive eras of predatory globalization and socialengineering: Historical emergence of climate change, gender equity, and anti-racism as state doctrines' (April 2019).

V tejto správe Rancourt zmieňuje knihu 'Super Imperialism: The Economic Strategy of American Empire' od Michaela Hudsona z roku 1972, ktorou pomáha vysvetliť kľúčovú úlohu udržiavania hegemónie dolára a dôležitosť petrodolára pre globálnu dominanciu Spojených Štátov Amerických. Odhliadnuc od významu ropy Rancourt zdôvodňuje, že US majú existenčný záujem zaistiť, aby opiátové drogy boli obchodované v amerických dolároch, ktoré sú ďalšou z hlavných globálnych komodít. Toto vysvetľuje okupáciu Spojenými Štátmi v Afganistane. Taktiež poukazuje na dôležitosť agribiznisu a vojenského priemyslu, ktoré pomáhajú zabezpečiť geostrategické góly Spojených Štátov.

Od rozpadu Sovietskeho Zväzu v roku 1991 Rancourt hovorí, že americké vojnové kampane pomáhali ochraňovať americký dolár proti opusteníu, spustošili tie národy hľadajúce zvrchovanosť spod americkej dominancie, zabezpečili obchod s ópiom, zvýšili dohľad nad ropou a usilovali sa zabrániť Euroázijskej integrácii. K tomu všetkému sme videli, že určité krajiny čelia vlnám sankcií a
nepriateľstva s úmyslom zničiť energiu produkujúce centrá, ktoré Spojené Štáty nemajú pod kontrolou, nie najmenej Rusko.
I would like you to have a look, and what you think about it, shall I continue?

anka

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
I would like you to have a look, and what you think about it, shall I continue?
I think it is excellent, Mikkael. The choice as well as the translation. Naturally, I cannot speak for the grammar part (you are on your own there) but it is perfectly readable and I could not find a single typo. Very well done :thup:

Edit: a smiley deleted

rylek

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Excellent so I'm back to working on translation. I'd like to have it finished, and ready for you Na Severu by the end of week. Bye
Great! As anka already commented excellent article choice, looking forward to having our first ever in-house Slovak content published :thup:

Mikkael

Padawan Learner
I want to let you know that I'm finished with the translation, but I need to transcribe my notes into digital, checking for errors etc., so give or take it will take two more days probably.

I am going to spend holidays to Slovakia, and within next hour I'm on my way to airport, and then on to Bratislava where I'm going to stay during the whole July with my mother and my brother's family.

Checking forecast where it shows sunny,clear skies, 30C degrees uf that's bit too hot, and up here in Trondheim last week felt more like October, cold, rain, and winds. Ok I wrap it up for now, it stopped heavy raining, and now this is my chance.

rylek

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
I want to let you know that I'm finished with the translation, but I need to transcribe my notes into digital, checking for errors etc., so give or take it will take two more days probably.

I am going to spend holidays to Slovakia, and within next hour I'm on my way to airport, and then on to Bratislava where I'm going to stay during the whole July with my mother and my brother's family.

Checking forecast where it shows sunny,clear skies, 30C degrees uf that's bit too hot, and up here in Trondheim last week felt more like October, cold, rain, and winds. Ok I wrap it up for now, it stopped heavy raining, and now this is my chance.
That's great Mikkael, thank you for the update. Hope finishing the rest of the article goes smoothly. Actually, if I can ask from what you say it sounds like you write the translation in longhand and then type it up on a computer? Just curious about how you organize your work. :-)

Have a safe journey back home and enjoy your time with your family. Over here in the south of England we fortunately avoided the recent heat wave, although yesterday it warmed up to around 30 but that was just one day, anka has been feeling the heat much more in CZ.

Top Bottom