Need help with building a pulley system to lift my HBOT on a platform

Right now you're at 2:1 mechanical advantage
That would mean 50% of the weight right? Which should be more or less 27 lbs. But it feels so much heavier than that! I tried the heavy-duty gloves and gave it my best shot: I failed at lifting it to the ceiling, I only got halfway there and I gave up. I don't understand...
I will buy a ticker rope tomorrow and try again, then update with the results.

I wonder if the placement/distance of the double pulley at the end of the system makes a difference?
And the angle at which I pull the rope?
Right now I'm stuck against the wall and I was debating if I should rotate the setup 180 degrees to have the hook near the door, that way I would have more maneuver.
Thanks for the Amazon link. I looked up local hardware stores and they don't have it.

Instead of suspending it, you could consider building a loft?

You could get 8 foot 2x4s, cut them so that they reach just above the door frame, and then mount the platform you already have onto the legs.

It would mean you have to reach that high to get the HBOT every time, do you think you could lift down 35 lbs regularly?

Based on your photos, it looks like you have enough space for a loft, although you may need to move the shelf with clothes on in shown in post #5 on the left.

You could try a simple design like this:

However, it's usually a good idea to not just use horizontal fasteners (screws) to secure any load. The strongest design is supporting from the weight from the bottom with laminated legs and 'aprons'. Like this:

Except you don't need the bottom shelf.

This plan above could use a bit of a change. Here's what I would do (but I'm not an engineer nor a carpenter):

I'd delete the bottom bit below the red line. You could skip the stubby legs, as you don't need a bottom shelf, and have your stabilizer aprons directly along the floor.:

loft legs.jpeg

The other thing about these pics is to change the orientation of the aprons to fit your storage space. They could all be in the orientation of the green check mark, giving a free path.

loft direction.jpeg
This is basically what I did to fit the HBOT in my bedroom, I built a loft bed to fit the machines under it.

Anyways, something to consider if the pulleys don't work.

Back
Top Bottom