New Cat

Here to tell you a story šŸ™‚ in 2010 I bought my first house in the village where Iā€™ve lived my whole life. I grew up with cats, cats came before I did, so cat-life was inevitable. I adopted a cat, and got him a cat flap, which he outright refused to use, and went in and out of the living room window. Next door, they also had a cat. A big, burly, ginger cat, they called him Garfield (inventive). ā€œGarfieldā€ wasnā€™t neutered and I know now that this is part of the reason he would hulk through my Vinnieā€™s locked flap to get in my house. Garfield went missing around 2011, and in 2012 I moved back to my parentsā€™ house on the street parallel. Inbetween the streets is woodland.
Around 2015 a ginger cat started appearing in the garden (attached to aforementioned woodland). Over the course of several months/years, we would occasionally see this ginger cat sunbathing.
By 2019 I had 1. Set up a voluntary chip scanning service to reunit lost pets, and 2. Met @T.C. - and we had bought the house next door to my parentsā€™.
By 2020, this ginger cat had made it to our garden (hard to picture, but itā€™s uphill from the woodland). He was sniffly, clearly unwell with flu, and I made it my mission to befriend and help him.
It took the best part of a year, he started turning up on-time every night for dinner. Endless stories of building him a new outhouse with my dad, the first time he let me touch him and I donā€™t know who was more scared, me or himā€¦ the first day he made it into our conservatory and I didnā€™t dare move, for him the spend the night in front of ā€œJimā€™s heaterā€ (I had to leave notes for TC to switch it off/on šŸ¤£). So anyway - a year on, I caught him and swooped him straight to a vet for meds and the chop (ironic timing to tell this story?)
I was certain when he got back that Iā€™d never see him again, but quite the opposite; he started turning up for breakfast as well as dinner. We quickly ascertained that he couldnā€™t live with us because our (dearly departed) Denny was petrified of the ginger giant. No rescues wanted to help the ā€œferalā€. So he moved in with my mum and dad.
One day, my fb memories came up, and showed me a photo (which I sadly canā€™t find right now), of Garfield.
Well, Jim is Garfield. Was. Was Garfield. No doubt in my mind.
And so my long story is to tell you that although it took him some time, he followed me, because he wanted to live with us, not the neighbour. And he does, and he is adorable, and lovely, and so loved, and for however much time he is with us, I will be forever grateful that he hunted me down and gave me his trust.
Your little friend may yet return to you. And if he doesnā€™t, heā€™s shown you how great it can be to have a little feline bestie šŸ’• šŸ¾

Attachments

• IMG_1456.jpeg
    IMG_1456.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
Hi Benjamin, thanks for sharing what you have gone through with this cat. IMHO I think this might have been an event to prime you for your own personal cat!! What you did for this cat was exceptional, giving it a new loving home even though it already had a "home" (without much love). That information is now out in the field, what you did and the care you gave. You opened that door. Are you open to having more?

I'll share here that back in 1991 I had a pure white very small kitten, no more than six weeks old, approach me at an apartment I was renting on the main drag of town. I was surprised it was still alive, there was so much traffic in front of my home then. I picked the kitten up and pet it, but I had to go off to work...so what I did was put it over the fence of the neighbor's yard so it wouldn't wander off onto the highway. What I SHOULD have done was take that kitten with me to work and figured out things from there. I was given a gift from spirit and I threw it away, and ever since I have not even had a chance to have another pet.

I did look for the cat in the neighbor's yard when I got back home but I didn't see it. To this day I pray that it found a proper home, but I guess I'll never know. My selfish act then haunts me even today. And I LOVE cats!! I just couldn't see another way back then. I wasn't able to keep pets at that apartment with the lease I signed. I was blinded to the way I thought it was, instead of what could have been. I moved to another place just a few months later where I could have had all the pets I wanted.

Anyway: you've accrued interest in the owning a cat account. You WILL get "paid" if you are open to actually having your OWN pet since you have already put in the time, money, and love. Are you open to what might come? And if it's the right cat, it will absolutely win your mom over!

(BTW I read your shares about playing Dungeons and Dragons. I also did a lot of that back in the day. I'd love to roll dice again some day with awake people... as long as we don't try to tackle Cthulu on the first campaign. Some things take time to build up to...)
Sad , and predictable what was to done to D&D ( and many others as well).

My elder brother and his partner are now living in Portugal with their two elderly cats. My brother and I are great cat people and he was (delighted???) to find a feral cat population nearby. They receive the left over food which his cats do not eat. They have given some of them names such as Andrew and Gordon. Andrew, a ginger and white, was found to have a huge abcess on his head which could well have been the end of him. He was taken to the vet who treated and drained the abcess and neutered him at the same time. You would think he might be grateful to the people who paid his vet bills but no, Andrew is now living with a neighbour of theirs and seems very happy. He also has a little kitten friend to play with. Gordon is a huge feral Siamese and probably the one who bit Andrew and caused the abcess. He seems to be making himself at home and will probably be heading to the vet for neutering some day soon. Although they are both feral it seems that they may well have had homes in the past. True ferals will not let you come without 10 feet of them.

I have been out of sorts for two+ weeks because a little guy wanted to live here. I'll explain.

Saturday night, May 18th, the big, fluffy, tiger cat that lives in the apartments next to us, had a stray cat in tow. He lead him to me as I was having a smoke. The stray walked tentatively up to me making these short, little meows while the other guy held back. I bent down and started to pet him. He was really thin and his coat felt oily. I noticed the other guy leave. I finished my smoke and bid the little guy goodnight and went back to my place.

Two days later, May 20th, Victoria Day, I noticed this same cat sitting on our DIY compost bin at the far-side of the garden. I went out to greet him and he came right up making his little meows. I knew he was hungry so I opened a can of 3 year old tuna and put half of it on a plate. I brought it out to him and he tucked into it. At the beginning, he ate everything I put in front of him. I knew I'd be in trouble if I fed him 'cause he'd stay. And he did. I put an old, shredded mattress cover on top of the dry leaf pile in the compost bin (that never worked very well anyway) as a makeshift bed which has since become his permanent snooze spot.

There have been many trips to the pet store since; food, an outdoor litter box, litter, litter scoop, different food. I haven't had a cat since I was 5 or 6 so there is quite a learning curve. I still don't understand his eating habits but at least I can't feel only his backbone anymore and his coat feels soft.

Now for some backstory because I know some of it. I had seen him wandering around (like all the other cats in the neighbourhood) from time to time but never knew where his home was. This little guy came from a fourplex a few doors down and across the street/back alley from us. It's a well known, notorious drug den/flop house. I don't know what it is with these morons but if your bike gets stolen, it's probably there in the basement. There's also an RV parked in the back that houses at least four guys. Anyway, this little guy, I'm guessing, didn't want to live there anymore, so he left. About a week-and-a-half after he started living with us, I was standing in my usual spot having a smoke in the back alley. One of the guys that lives in the fourplex was walking up the alley heading for home. The cat was sitting beside me as the guy walked by, looking at him. Finally, he turned around and asked me if that was my cat. I said 'yes'. The cat had walked up to him and he was petting him. He remarked, "I used to have a cat just like that. His name was Boots." He walked on not realising that that was his cat! A few days ago, I was out having a smoke again and a different guy that lives in the fourplex also mumbled (more to himself then to anyone, I think) that he, too, used to have a cat like mine.

This little guy doesn't have a name yet, but I'm not calling him Boots. Early on, I joked about calling him Attis because he's neutered but I thought that would be cruel. I also thought of calling him Darth Meow but he's way too friendly to be a Darth. I could make a Clint Eastwood joke but it's been done.

He's a lap cat. He's also a 'parrot cat' (apparently called this because he likes to sit on my shoulders). He will fall asleep on you. Literally. The problem is mom believes that all cats are barn cats and do not belong in a house. I can tell he wants to come in but he is not allowed. Not sure what is going to happen once winter hits.

He purrs very easily around me. I've also heard him growl at other cats (it's kinda cute) but the weirdest sound he's made is 'chirping' which he makes when he sees a little bird. Suprised the crap out of me when I heard it the first time.

He's tough to take a picture of. I got lucky with this one. When he sits, he always curls his tail around his feet, and when he lays down he always curls his paws under him. He's put on more weight since this photo. šŸˆā€ā¬›

View attachment 96835
The Name: what about "Mao" because it is similar to meow, and because you have to admit they have us under control, havent they? I mean, read what you wrote. I myself have two of them controllers (to be seen in my pic), and a dog. My female cats name is "Quitte" (Quince), and the tom cats name is "Inigo Montoya", a figure out of "The Princess Bride" of Simon Morgensterns.

This is turning into a little saga.

I knew it. You knew it. Some people around here knew it. On July 15, she showed up in our backyard again, having escaped from her owner a forth time, and has been here since. Even though she had been in the house for a month and a day the previous time, mom flat-out refused to let her in. Things were well but I noticed in myself an increasing stress. I feel stressed having to take care of my ailing mother and a cat that is a bit demanding of my attention.

Well, last weekend she disappeared for three days. It was a bit longer then she had disappeared before but I wasn't too worried. Sure enough she returned but she had a big scab on the left side of her neck. She couldn't reach it with her tongue but she kept scratching it with her hind leg, enough to rip it off- twice- exposing an open, oozing bare patch that wasn't healing, so I was able to bring her to the over-booked vet between surgeries on Tuesday; kitty's first trip, I'm sure. We were thinking it was fleas or ticks, but the vet said that there was no evidence of vermin. She believed it was an allergy but to what I'm not sure. The vet told me a few other helpful things like she had no tattoo or microchip, that she was ~8 lbs. (I can't remember the exact weight) and was, actually, a bit over-weight, which I patted myself on the back for since she was skin and bone the first time we met. I was surprised to learn that she was about 6 years old! I, and others, believed she was much younger then that. I asked if she was spayed and she said no but that while they were checking they did an ultrasound. You betcha baby! She's pregnant. Very early but she saw at least two forming. I even know the #@$% guy that did it!

So, I'll make this story short. I signed the paper work needed to get her spayed, which looked like I was going to need to do anyway even before I knew she was pregnant. I bring her in today so she doesn't eat anything the night before, for surgery tomorrow morning. This is all happening at whirlwind speed! We left the vet's with a prick of antibiotics for her neck.

I know this is a common surgery, but besides the apprehension I feel, what can I expect? Has anyone here gone through this?

Yes I understand about feeling stressed about wanting to care for your new 2d friend, and you will do fine. You care and the important thing is you are compelled to act. Yes itā€™s nerve racking when a small animal you care about goes into surgery. Hold her in your loving thoughts, and visualise a protective bubble around her and all going well in the surgery, and her healing. Comfort both yourself and her with these thoughts. Then listen and act further on the good advice you get here. This is a network of wisdom as you know so you can also soothe yourself with knowing that.

Thanks gottathink. I was sending prayers that everything would be ok.

And it may or may not have worked, idk, but I picked her up today. The vet people told me that she was very chatty yesterday when they received her. In the morning, she was apparently calm and a well behaved kitty. The ovariohysterectomy surgery went very well, I'm told. I picked her up around 4:00pm and brought her home. She needs to stay indoors for at least a week so I brought her straight into the house. I was thinking she would be groggy and a bit loopy from the anaesthesia but as soon as I opened the door of the cat carrier, she shot out, jumped all three stairs to the kitchen in one leap and was acting in the most hyperactive way that I have ever seen! She's not supposed to climb any stairs or hop onto anything but she is all over the house acting wild! I'm concerned that she's going to pop some sutures. I might have to keep her in the cat cage for awhile.

Along with this came an almost aggressive love. It's fierce and almost overwhelming! Wow! I hope things calm down soon.

I'm posting this here instead of the How Are You Feeling thread because, even though related, it's more specific to my cat.

But I run into a very longstanding problem that I have been aware of: interruptions. It's weird how I try to do something and, out of the blue, I get interrupted.

And our vital force seems to depend on this.

I'd just like to relate a perfect example of my 'interruptions' in this expanded story. It may be a bit over-long and possibly a bit fanciful for some.

I noticed something weird going on and I'm just going to run through the story starting at a certain point.

The first time the cat was let into the house, I was in the basement at the time, was actually by my sister who let her in with my mom's 'help'. Anyway, that night there was a strange incident. It was late, after midnight, one maybe two in the morning, and I was sitting in the livingroom on the loveseat with the cat on my lap. She was wide awake and I was trying to calm her down so she would go to sleep, which meant I could go to sleep. At a 90Āŗ angle to the loveseat is the couch to our right, and while we were sitting there with the room lit by the streetlights, I could feel something 'approaching', for lack of a better term.. The cat knew it too- staring, unmoving, like a statue she was. 'On the couch', unseen, was something, I don't know what it was but I could feel it. I looked at the cat and she was fixed on that direction, right where I could feel this 'thing' was. Remembering that animals could see entities, I immediately started saying things like, "No. No. Go to 5th density. Open the tunnel to 5th density. Go to the light." Things like that. After a little while, it disappeared and the cat lost interest and things went back to normal. After that I went to bed, but the cat was so wired (as she always is at night), I had to let her outside to roam until the morning, which became the nightly routine.

But at this point, I remembered reading something in the transcripts about animals attracting attachments. I also found this in the transcripts:

Q: (Treesparrow) What's the cause or causes behind the recent rise in strange and abnormal animal behavior?

(L) Okay, that's a good one.

(Andromeda) Yeah!

A: EM frequency changes affecting DNA and neurochemistry. Also these factors can affect spiritual factors in the animal kingdom. One additional note is advised: Creatures can act as hosts or receptacles for "spirit entities".

Q: (L) So, if there's a demon out there that has it in for somebody, they can use an animal to attack that person. Is that kind of it?

A: Close.

Q: (Pierre) Castaneda talked about that.

(L) He did?

(Pierre) Yeah, he talked about "special animals" that had special spirits.

(Perceval) Is that particularly strong at this time because of the EM frequency changes affecting DNA?

A: Yes.

Now, I can't say if this relates to my story but this was running in the background of my mind ever after.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I read this from Dimensional Windows and Portals- Part 2:

May 3, 1997

Q: Why is it that when one tries to extricate from such a ā€œtango,ā€ why is there such violent resistance to letting you go when it is obvious, clearly obvious, that they do not have any feeling for you as a human being?
A: It is not ā€œthey.ā€ We are talking about conduits of attack. [ā€¦]
Q: Is it true that being in the presence of such people, that one is under the influence of an energy, an emanation from them physically, that befuddles the mind and makes it almost impossible to think oneā€™s way out of the situation?
A: It is the draining of energy that befuddles the mind.
Q: Where does this energy drain to?
A: 4th-density STS.
Q: They drain our energy from us and 4th-density STS harvests it from them?
A: ā€œTheyā€ do nothing!!!! 4th-density STS does it all through them!

This can also apply to animals like pets, who in certain circumstances may act as conduits of negative energies (2023-6-24).

Here is part referenced from Jun 24, 2023:
Q: (L) We have one little personal question we want to ask before we shut down shop for tonight: We have a situation with puppy dog, Argos, and we would like to know if we are dealing with the situation appropriately. And is there anything we should know about this situation that we don't?

A: You are dealing appropriately. This is not a time for persons who have issues of their own to take on responsibility for another creature that can act as a conduit of negative energies.

Fast forward again to yesterday and today.

Yesterday was the day the cat had her surgery. I explained that she was wild/overjoyed to be back in the house. She did eventually calm down enough to get maybe an hour of sleep. I was getting ready for bed at around midnight and, after my usual routine, went into the kitchen to get my melatonin. The cat saw me and came to me. I told her I was going to bed and wished her a goodnight, but she was awake now. I don't think she was actually asleep but was waiting for me to take her outside. Being that she wasn't allowed outside for a week (which I knew was going to be a problem), I knew she would just have to get used to the new schedule. Well, that didn't happen. As soon as I closed the door to my room, she was meowing and scratching to be let in. She just wanted to be let out, to be around me, maybe she wanted to sleep beside me, idk. Anyway, I was getting ready to recite the POTS four times, as usual, but had to send her a message via prayer to "go to sleep, you are safe, go to sleep, your are loved, you need to heal, go to sleep..." etc. I don't know if this worked but she begrudgingly left and went back downstairs.

I then had a really good prayer session. I recited the POTS which lead into pipe breathing, all with the ccw spin (which just happens). I felt really calm and 'heavy' and laid down and fell asleep quickly with dreams right off the bat. I was woken up by the cat meowing and scratching my door again. I looked at the clock at I wasn't even asleep for 20-30 mins. I knew she wouldn't sleep so I decided to move her into the garage, which the vet said would be ok. I took her makeshift bed and opened the back door. I had to coax her out a bit, but then she leapt out and was gone down the sidewalk expecting me to follow. I opened the garage and put her bed inside, then went to go retrieve the cat. Try as I might, I could not get her back. I said to her, "I guess you want to learn the hard way", thinking of her surgery. Finally, I relocked the garage and went inside thinking that if she had popped any sutures, it would have been done during her hours of hyperactivity earlier. But my peaceful mood was gone. It took me awhile to calm down but I finally went to sleep.

I woke up around 8-8:30 and went downstairs. Mom was already up and asked me where the cat was. I told her she was outside because she wouldn't let me sleep (because I was breaking her routine and she didn't understand what 'surgery' was). I was still in a bad mood and mom told me that it would be best if the cat did not come back in the house. To be hit with heavy topics while I'm still waking up is not a great thing for me to deal with. I said I didn't want to talk about it right now. I went out for a smoke and the cat found me but I ignored her. I didn't want to talk to her at that moment either. I went back in and made breakfast for mom and I (egg n' bacons). My mood was troubled. Mom kept bringing up that fact that the cat was not actually ours and that we should call somebody and the cat should stay outside... My mood was tuning quite foul. While washing the dishes, I told her that I (still) didn't want to talk about it. I went downstairs to roll a smoke all the while thinking about what I was going to do about this situation. I desperation I said, "Dear DCM, I need to resolve this."

A little bit later mom emotionally apologized for pressing the issue. I said it was fine but I was still weighing the matter heavily in my mind. I went out for a smoke and the cat found me. I could tell she was friendly but maybe unsure of what was going on. I think she knew I was angry, however I had calmed down enough to pet her in the back alley where I smoke. I could tell she was tired (but she always is in the mornings).

Well, I came back to the house and the cat slowly followed me. I went in, and as I entered the kitchen, mom said to me, "You know? I actually miss the cat." I told her she was right outside the door wanting to be let in. So she went to the back door, greeted the cat, and let her in! The cat was really tired and as I started to make lunch, I found mom on the loveseat petting a sleeping cat curled up on her lap.

For someone who was dead set against letting the cat into the house, let alone even having a cat, a complete 180Āŗ!?! Was my prayer answered!?! This the weirdest part even if she was just trying to appease me or smooth the whole thing over.

But here's the thing. I was so drained of energy, my solar plexus was hurting and heavy. After the great session I had the night before, all my energy was gone, even if the situation was resolved. This gets to what I was saying about 'interruptions', having my energy sucked out of me so I can't do anything. Whenever I try to 'do the things I should', especially when it comes to meditation or things of, say, and 'energetic' nature, my energy gets sucked out of me soon after.

I'm now wondering if this cat is a set-up to keep my energy low and my mind distracted. She is very attached to me specifically, aka: I'm 'her person', as pet owners designate. And now that mom has seemingly accepted her being in the house, she's super close to me again.

On the other hand, maybe I'm just imagining all this or blowing out of proportion, but I do wonder if this cat, at the very least, is a distraction.

I'm posting this here instead of the How Are You Feeling thread because, even though related, it's more specific to my cat.

I'd just like to relate a perfect example of my 'interruptions' in this expanded story. It may be a bit over-long and possibly a bit fanciful for some.

I noticed something weird going on and I'm just going to run through the story starting at a certain point.

The first time the cat was let into the house, I was in the basement at the time, was actually by my sister who let her in with my mom's 'help'. Anyway, that night there was a strange incident. It was late, after midnight, one maybe two in the morning, and I was sitting in the livingroom on the loveseat with the cat on my lap. She was wide awake and I was trying to calm her down so she would go to sleep, which meant I could go to sleep. At a 90Āŗ angle to the loveseat is the couch to our right, and while we were sitting there with the room lit by the streetlights, I could feel something 'approaching', for lack of a better term.. The cat knew it too- staring, unmoving, like a statue she was. 'On the couch', unseen, was something, I don't know what it was but I could feel it. I looked at the cat and she was fixed on that direction, right where I could feel this 'thing' was. Remembering that animals could see entities, I immediately started saying things like, "No. No. Go to 5th density. Open the tunnel to 5th density. Go to the light." Things like that. After a little while, it disappeared and the cat lost interest and things went back to normal. After that I went to bed, but the cat was so wired (as she always is at night), I had to let her outside to roam until the morning, which became the nightly routine.

But at this point, I remembered reading something in the transcripts about animals attracting attachments. I also found this in the transcripts:

Now, I can't say if this relates to my story but this was running in the background of my mind ever after.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I read this from Dimensional Windows and Portals- Part 2:

Here is part referenced from Jun 24, 2023:

Fast forward again to yesterday and today.

Yesterday was the day the cat had her surgery. I explained that she was wild/overjoyed to be back in the house. She did eventually calm down enough to get maybe an hour of sleep. I was getting ready for bed at around midnight and, after my usual routine, went into the kitchen to get my melatonin. The cat saw me and came to me. I told her I was going to bed and wished her a goodnight, but she was awake now. I don't think she was actually asleep but was waiting for me to take her outside. Being that she wasn't allowed outside for a week (which I knew was going to be a problem), I knew she would just have to get used to the new schedule. Well, that didn't happen. As soon as I closed the door to my room, she was meowing and scratching to be let in. She just wanted to be let out, to be around me, maybe she wanted to sleep beside me, idk. Anyway, I was getting ready to recite the POTS four times, as usual, but had to send her a message via prayer to "go to sleep, you are safe, go to sleep, your are loved, you need to heal, go to sleep..." etc. I don't know if this worked but she begrudgingly left and went back downstairs.

I then had a really good prayer session. I recited the POTS which lead into pipe breathing, all with the ccw spin (which just happens). I felt really calm and 'heavy' and laid down and fell asleep quickly with dreams right off the bat. I was woken up by the cat meowing and scratching my door again. I looked at the clock at I wasn't even asleep for 20-30 mins. I knew she wouldn't sleep so I decided to move her into the garage, which the vet said would be ok. I took her makeshift bed and opened the back door. I had to coax her out a bit, but then she leapt out and was gone down the sidewalk expecting me to follow. I opened the garage and put her bed inside, then went to go retrieve the cat. Try as I might, I could not get her back. I said to her, "I guess you want to learn the hard way", thinking of her surgery. Finally, I relocked the garage and went inside thinking that if she had popped any sutures, it would have been done during her hours of hyperactivity earlier. But my peaceful mood was gone. It took me awhile to calm down but I finally went to sleep.

I woke up around 8-8:30 and went downstairs. Mom was already up and asked me where the cat was. I told her she was outside because she wouldn't let me sleep (because I was breaking her routine and she didn't understand what 'surgery' was). I was still in a bad mood and mom told me that it would be best if the cat did not come back in the house. To be hit with heavy topics while I'm still waking up is not a great thing for me to deal with. I said I didn't want to talk about it right now. I went out for a smoke and the cat found me but I ignored her. I didn't want to talk to her at that moment either. I went back in and made breakfast for mom and I (egg n' bacons). My mood was troubled. Mom kept bringing up that fact that the cat was not actually ours and that we should call somebody and the cat should stay outside... My mood was tuning quite foul. While washing the dishes, I told her that I (still) didn't want to talk about it. I went downstairs to roll a smoke all the while thinking about what I was going to do about this situation. I desperation I said, "Dear DCM, I need to resolve this."

A little bit later mom emotionally apologized for pressing the issue. I said it was fine but I was still weighing the matter heavily in my mind. I went out for a smoke and the cat found me. I could tell she was friendly but maybe unsure of what was going on. I think she knew I was angry, however I had calmed down enough to pet her in the back alley where I smoke. I could tell she was tired (but she always is in the mornings).

Well, I came back to the house and the cat slowly followed me. I went in, and as I entered the kitchen, mom said to me, "You know? I actually miss the cat." I told her she was right outside the door wanting to be let in. So she went to the back door, greeted the cat, and let her in! The cat was really tired and as I started to make lunch, I found mom on the loveseat petting a sleeping cat curled up on her lap.

For someone who was dead set against letting the cat into the house, let alone even having a cat, a complete 180Āŗ!?! Was my prayer answered!?! This the weirdest part even if she was just trying to appease me or smooth the whole thing over.

But here's the thing. I was so drained of energy, my solar plexus was hurting and heavy. After the great session I had the night before, all my energy was gone, even if the situation was resolved. This gets to what I was saying about 'interruptions', having my energy sucked out of me so I can't do anything. Whenever I try to 'do the things I should', especially when it comes to meditation or things of, say, and 'energetic' nature, my energy gets sucked out of me soon after.

I'm now wondering if this cat is a set-up to keep my energy low and my mind distracted. She is very attached to me specifically, aka: I'm 'her person', as pet owners designate. And now that mom has seemingly accepted her being in the house, she's super close to me again.

On the other hand, maybe I'm just imagining all this or blowing out of proportion, but I do wonder if this cat, at the very least, is a distraction.

I don't think you're off base. One thing that's clear is that there are a few elements at play here - the heaviness of your solar plexus, distraction, irritability, and your relationship with your Mom. You could work at it from any number of those points of entry. Going at it from all angles is better IMO.

For solar plexus, you could start meditations or creative visualizations with the intent to clear your solar plexus if you've never done them before. I can somewhat recommend the work of Francesca McCartney. I haven't got to the chakras section yet.

For distraction, there's a lot of material out there that touches on training one's attention and focus, and also maintaining body and situational awareness while focused. Maybe it's time to review SHOTW, in particular the chapter Out of Time, which has some good material on the Doctrine of the Present.

In the process of applying certain aspects of the Doctrine of the Present, the seeker can observe the physiological changes brought on by the shock: a quickening of the pulse, a shortening of the breath, perhaps a tightness in the chest. [Or a heavy feeling in the solar plexus]. It happens in an instant. The physiological changes are always accompanied by an emotion, perhaps fear, the sense that one is being attacked. Fear can lead to a response of attack or flight, either physical or simply mental, closing oneself off or letting off a string of angry words.

In time and with practice, we can watch all of this happen as if it is not happening to us. We can become more and more objective about ourselves. Of course it takes time to develop, to be able to separate oneself from the physical manifestations, the emotional reaction, and the subsequent intellectual justifications that we elaborate to explain our reaction to the shock. In this respect, a network or a group proves invaluable because we can easily fall into extremely subtle intellectual rationalizations, fuelled by ā€œcoloredā€ emotional energy.

As we gain practice, through proper utilization of a network of like-minded seekers, an esoteric group, we can begin to identify the different small ā€œIā€™sā€ as they react.

[...]

This is what Gurdjieff means when he says that as we are we are incapable of action. We are merely reacting mechanically until we ā€œcrystallizeā€ or ā€œgrowā€ that spiritual body that can control our programs. Through this work of self observation and self-mastery, we are in a sense rewiring ourselves, creating new circuits, physiologically. And it isnā€™t easy. It hurts. You will suffer. You will suffer physically, emotionally, and mentally. To grab control of the emotions while the chemicals are pumping through the body is going to hurt, but this is the necessary and unavoidable part of the process. It is the body that is the alchemical crucible, and the proper use of mental and emotional and physical energies is the process that transmutes lead into gold.

There is another way of practicing holding one's attention, which I wrote about here:

As an example, for a while I was meditating with the Prayer of the Soul by mentally imagining the letters written in gold handwriting in my mind's eye. It's actually really difficult to visualize the entire prayer from start to finish in this way. Tons of intruding thoughts tend to slip in all the time! Like anything, though, it gets easier with practice.

I would try to do it 33 times without getting distracted. I have never been able to do that, but it hones the attention for sure! There's lots of other info out there on this.

With regards to irritability and mood, maybe it's time for some shadow work. Are you familiar? Or once again, Doctrine of the Present. It works with not just thoughts, but also moods. Diet may be a factor, too, as gut flora, solar plexus, mood, and digestion all go together.

About Mom, relationships with our parents are always super complex. It's usually a big can of worms to open up. But if you haven't done any committed psychological work with regards to that - like reading Narcissistic Family, Pete Walker's book Complex PTSD, the book Making Peace with your Parents (etc.) - then I'd say this situation is telling you it's time. Therapy is a good option, too. I just started therapy and it's been good.

As an aside, there's an old Norwegian fairy tale that was an additional clue for me to understand how I'd been pretty messed by my parents. It's called The Blue Belt. It is pretty catastrophic, as all good fairy tales are, focusing on deep shadow-side in parents that wants to kill their boy and steal his power. So just a warning there. Coincidentally enough, there are also some feline animal helpers! So that's an apropos detail, and I thought I'd share.

IMO it doesn't look like the cat is any type of conduit for negativities, in this instance anyway.

She just seemed like she was doing as she always has, and ofcourse doesn't understand she has to stay in for quicker healing of her stitches. If you want to keep her in because of the operation I guess you would have to deal with her "tantrum" and late night complaints.

A few cats I've had or know of, sleep most of the day and are happier being out exploring at night. It makes sense she was pretty annoyed and persistent without her late night adventure.

It seems more like issues, maybe unresolved with your Mother? Your relationship with her anyway and your triggers. Maybe it was easier to see/ acknowledge once the cat started coming around, as it's much simpler to blame our emotional distress on a real life event (i.e. the cat keeping you up and being manic)

What I'm saying is all these emotions, feelings, thoughts etc may have already been there before the kitty.

You can call him Miaw Miaw. He will think you are trying to talk in his language. Our cat recognizes and replicates by tone my hello and Yum yums, but only with me. He has different sounds for all of us.

I have been out of sorts for two+ weeks because a little guy wanted to live here. I'll explain.
It looks there is Tik Tok meme called "Universal Cat distribution system" in which Universe facilitates Cat to choose you instead of otherwise. I came across this article talked about a viral video( that got 13 million views) when a person was selected by a cat after he came out of office. Well, this person posted on social media asking what to do. Well, rest is history.

1. The Cat Distribution System explains how cats randomly appear in your life. This ā€œsystemā€ works on the theory that you donā€™t choose cats or kittens. They choose you. And once they choose you, they become your cat to love and take care of.[1]
  • This idea is also called the Universal Cat Distribution System and the Cat Distribution Theory.
2. The system has a semi-mystical explanation.Many believe that the universe pairs up people with cats or kittens, seemingly at random. You may be going to work or sitting in your backyard, and then a cat appears out of nowhere. People explain it by saying that the universe has determined youā€™re a good person and entrusted you with a cat to care for.
  • In some cases, you may even intend on adopting a kitten, but then you end up coming home with 2 kittens instead of 1.

How does the cat distribution system work?​

A friendly cat shows up unexpectedly.A cat or kitten, usually a stray but possibly an adventurous pet, approaches a stranger. Even though they have never met before, the cat meows and demands attention.
  • Some even report the cat jumping onto their lap or into their car.
  • Small kittens have been said to approach a stranger and climb up their pant legs.
2. The cat doesnā€™t leave, or they come back regularly.If the person manages to resist the cat the first time they meet, the cat will reappear in the same spot, seemingly waiting for the person to arrive. They may even follow the person home.
  • These cats can continue reappearing, showing more affection and acting cute until the person gives in to the will of the universe (or the cat) and takes them home.
3. The person begins to feed the cat and show them affection.The person starts to look forward to seeing the cat every day. They show the cat affection and buy a small bag of food. Of course, they donā€™t want the cat to starve.
  • If the cat doesnā€™t appear one day, the person may worry about them. They may keep checking back or take time out of their daily routine to try to find the cat.
4. The cat now belongs to the person and is allowed in the house.The next time the person sees the cat, they will feel relieved. Since they already have food for the cat, they gather up their new friend and take them home for a flea bath and a trip to the vet for any necessary medical treatment or vaccinations.
  • While this is a commonly reported sequence for the Cat Distribution System, there are also many cases where the person takes the cat into their home immediately.

Few weeks back, I went out for my usual walk, one cat suddenly came out a house I was passing by , started rubbing my feet. So I waited. The kids from the house came out running to take the cat, but cat don't want to leave me. I thought it is interesting. I try to avoid the street then on wards.

Back
Top Bottom