New documentary: fishead

I think this film is a great intro for people who know nothing about "corporate" psychopaths. Hopefully this will also spark interest in those who study psychopathic personality disorder to look at the political world as a basis for further research.

On a side note, no wonder I always lost to my brother when playing Monopoly! :P

Just watched this. Although it's very basic and some ideas are a bit oversimplified, imo, I thought it's a well done and insightful documentary to make people aware of the topic of psychopathy, how it affects our world and also for them to take a look into the mirror and ask "what am I doing to speak up and stand up ?", using social networks (not only online) to initiate positive change. It addresses the passivity of people nowadays as well, although just "being nice" is not going to help to heal our ponerized society, imo. I also agree that the 'performing philosopher' guy was indeed a moron. His statement that "The leaders of our world aren't psychopaths. I know these people and they're not." is ridiculous to say the least.

I finished the movie now. Well the animations, sound, camera and art effects are really good imo and was great to watch it.

To the content, yes it misses things, but great to make people a little bit more aware of psychopaths.

anart said:
Approaching Infinity said:
And the 'performing philosopher' guy was kind of a moron. He said, essentially, "The leaders of our world aren't psychopaths. I know these people and they're not." :barf:

Just wanted to add that I completely agree on that part - that guy was a notably discordant note. Not really sure why they included him. He was a moron.

Oh well, I overheard that, I interpreted it at that moment in another way, so I watched that scene again, to hear his twist of "they are not". Nonetheless I found him unsympathetic and arrogant.

"The part about anti-depressants seemed out of place. During the time of hitler or stalin, no one was taking anti-depressants yet they got over-run by a psychopathic system."

"I think that the discussion on anti-depressants fit well with the overall theme, and shows how these days there are more advanced ways than in the past to stupify people to accept whatever from the psychopaths on top. "

I agree with pretty much all that has been said here about the movie and I am grateful that they are working to make it accessible to the average person who doesn't even realize there is a distinction to be made about what a psychopath ... is.

I also wanted to point out about the above quotes... that, during WWII, they used water fluoridation as a means to "numb" people out. (isn't Prozac basicly made from fluoride?) And I also agree that they have gotten much much more sophisticated about the many ways they can "stupify" the herd.

I think it would be cool if someone from this forum, in partnership with Sandra Brown and the Fishead movie producers .... were to come up with the sequel. Really dig deeper.
:)

I watched and agree with the major points most have brought up: too bad about 1%, too much time on anti-depressants, didn't care for the performing philosopher, and the "what to do part" was weak. I also thought they could have focused MUCH more on the fact that psychopaths are NOT predominantly first-hand murderers yet the constant repetition of the cartoon psychopath butchering people worked directly against that notion, IMO.

Still, I'm glad the movie got made, and hope it's step that will inspire others to do more.

Watched the documentary and it seems like a good introduction into the psychopathy subject to the uninitiated.

But the antidepressant part got me completely confused. It was sudden and without prior explanation and it had me sending into the most
wild directions as to what it's all about. I thought things like "Ok, so the message is the psychopaths are created by antidepressants?!". The clarification
and clinical definition of a "natural born" psychopath is also missing (or is at least not given explicitly) and can be confusing to the uninitiated viewer, osit.

edit: spelling

I was thinking of ordering some business cards with the fishead movie on them, along with EE cards, for a big Halloween event. I did this last year, but printed them myself and way too few of them.

I was thinking of the fishead logo in the center, with the website on the bottom. I want a sentence at the top that would draw the person in. Something other than just a fish would make people more likely to go to the site.

I was thinking of:

1. Why is the world a mess?
2. Why is everything a mess?
3. What's up with the world?
4. Why is life so difficult?
5. Why do we suffer so much?

Any suggestions for better catch phrases would be appreciated. Or suggestions in general.

3D Student said:
2. Why is everything a mess?

If you can sneak in some words in places around the sentence - like "corruption", "economic collapse", and so on - things people easily relate to and which make it more concrete in their minds when they take a closer look - then I think this might work well.

Loved this movie!!!!!!!! - and can't understate it's importance to getting the message out such as they have - impeccable presentation and production value - which is a nice way of saying - the masses might actually absorb some of it! ( steps in the right direction )

Yesterday I watched the movie CONTAGION - and I wondered if anyone else picked up on a sort of troubling little side story in the movie?

It seems to me the PTB are attempting to sell a story that the internet is this sort of "dodgy" place to get and distribute information from, that it is unreliable - that internet sites who are advocating a contrarian / ALT point of view, have their own nefarious agenda's...It was almost as if they were directly depicting or poking Dr. Mercola as a shady internet evangelist! ( no doubt directly related to his internet impact on the swine flu swine vaccine failure ) This artfully inserted storyline in the movie is soooo blatant - wondered if anyone else picked up on it or had thoughts on it?

Sorry to diverge - back to Fish-head and try to tie this together...

The rise of the documentary film as a counter medium to move the masses may be what is needed to combat PTB smear campaigns of ALT / internet outlets - and their obvious problematic effect on mass awareness!

Found this in-depth review of fishead on the blog "Ponerology News". The blog is run by psychiatrist Howard Ditkoff, who wrote an extensive summary of ponerology here (_http://www.systemsthinker.com/interests/ponerology/), and a long review here (_http://www.systemsthinker.com/writingscreative/reviews/bookreviews/politicalponerology.shtml). Here's the link to the review:

_http://www.ponerologynews.com/synopsis-review-i-am-fishead-are-corporate-leaders-egotistical-psychopaths/

It summarizes the documentary and as makes some criticisms, particularly on the second two thirds of the film.

Found this in-depth review of fishead on the blog "Ponerology News". The blog is run by psychiatrist Howard Ditkoff, who wrote an extensive summary of ponerology here (_http://www.systemsthinker.com/interests/ponerology/), and a long review here (_http://www.systemsthinker.com/writingscreative/reviews/bookreviews/politicalponerology.shtml). Here's the link to the review:

_http://www.ponerologynews.com/synopsis-review-i-am-fishead-are-corporate-leaders-egotistical-psychopaths/

It summarizes the documentary and as makes some criticisms, particularly on the second two thirds of the film.

Following his thinking as it relates to the segments of the film, he makes a number of criticisms, imo, that were valid as they relate to the overall message of where the film started and then progressed - here are a few snips:

If there is one word that sums it up, I’d say what’s missing is context. Overmedication, the tip of an iceberg, is treated as the iceberg instead of being brought up as one issue in the context of an overall systemic issue in development.

Apparently now the larger scale things can be separated from the day-to-day despite the networks and webs and ripples. And the message from Barlow seems to be to take your focus off of the larger scale when it looks ugly and when it comforts you to do so. But didn’t we just learn earlier that if you don’t pay attention to the outside world, you’re indifferent and unempathetic, possibly due to psychiatric medication?

Even in part 1, the film is a bit scattered and contradictory. But later, it becomes far more so.

A good example is the huge contradiction between two overriding philosophies both expressed at different points in the film. One tells us that it is “important to focus on the larger world beyond ourselves,” and that not doing so is a sign of dysfunction and one of the most concerning side effects of antidepressants, while the other claims that we should “focus on the day-to-day and not worry too much about the larger scale.”

Most troubling, though, is the film’s seeming inability to make up its mind and take a stand. Is the problem psychopaths? Parenting? Medication? Are we all responsible or are most of us victims? It would be permissible if the film’s message was that all of these are part of the problem. But it fails to even explain in a coherent fashion how they each play their roles in an interconnected system.

I think that the reason the film turned out this way is that the filmmakers lacked an overall systemic framework, like that we can draw from ponerology, with which to help organize understanding of what is a very complex ponerogenic process.

Seems to me, with some of the books and films of late, there will be efforts (consciously or unconsciously) to muddy the waters of the ponerologic process. Like the author Kevin Dutton did, that Dr. Martha Stout discusses, who wrote about psychopathy; as example, for some with those aspects of mind within the high corporate class, being something akin to a favorable quality (look what they can do for society type of thing). Ditkoff well points out the subtle vectors (non "systemic framework") within the film concerning the ills that effect many, thus taking the watcher into, although important, unrelated directions without really noticing they may be stepping away from the original films impetus to define psychopathy, and how it steadily persists, and how it ripples into our lives as a constant.

Will have to watch this film again within the context of his words.

Thanks AI for the link.

Thank you AI for bringing his work up.

I'll need to read some of that stuff when I have time!
By the way, is psychiatrist Howard Ditkoff, in any way connected to the work we do?

Pashalis said:

Thank you AI for bringing his work up.

I'll need to read some of that stuff when I have time!
By the way, is psychiatrist Howard Ditkoff, in any way connected to the work we do?

Not that I know of. I only discovered his blog (where I found the link to his personal website) from a Google alert.

I am fishead

Interesting video about psychopathy and how antidepressants can make people emotionless, lacking in empathy.

I Am Fishead (Are Corporate Leaders Egotistical Psychopaths ) - YouTube

Sorry, I screwed up the link thingy.

Back
Top Bottom