New psychopathic climate change video

The warmists have shot themselves in the foot this time. Did they really think this was funny? This is the face of evil. How long before we see the yellow armbands and gas chambers?

Latest news indicates that the video clip has been withdrawn from the environmental website after sparking outrage. - Source :)

Vulcan59 said:
Latest news indicates that the video clip has been withdrawn from the environmental website after sparking outrage. - Source :)

Thanks Vulcan, but you may want to recheck my original post. It was pulled within hours and my first post has the apology from the website in it.

That is positively disgusting and horrible. :shock: I cannot comprehend how a human being could find any of that remotely funny. It is shocking and vile.

Absolutely disgusting! :cry: I just can't imagine what must be inside of those heads who filmed this.

Maybe they should watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01ed-IMeV5E
but I don't think they would get it anyway.

Yup, when I saw this I thought exactly the same thing, it is just sick. Appalling and psychopathic. :O

Vomit ...

But is this not a bit of a sign of desperation too, that the AGW crowd have to resort to such "shock and awe" tactics to get a reaction from the people, because everybody starts to get sick of the "cognitive dissonance" of their message?

As disgusting as this little piece is ,maybe the reaction to it is also cause for hope

Nick

EmeraldHope said:
Thanks Vulcan, but you may want to recheck my original post. It was pulled within hours and my first post has the apology from the website in it.

Ah yes, you did so too. I sure missed it. How embarrassing. :-[ Thanks for pointing it out.

Regulattor said:
Absolutely disgusting! :cry: I just can't imagine what must be inside of those heads who filmed this.

Self-righteous stooges with a messianic complex, in the least.

I saw this wretched video too, a couple of days ago, and I was just as disgusted with it. "FUNNY"??? They've got to be kidding! They haven't the faintest idea how to DO "funny"! If they really wanted to do a skit about blowing people up, the one that comes to mind immediately is Monty Python's classic How Not To Be Seen. Now THAT was genuinely funny! This video that 10:10 did was just sick.

I do agree that what it revealed was their Nazi mentality. That explains why the fanatics who made the video imagined it was funny and seemed utterly clueless that most ordinary people wouldn't see it that way at all. What the video actually reflected was their own sadistic hostility and aggression toward anyone, however innocent, who didn't happen to share their own militant obsessions about "warming." I imagine a whole crowd of them all with the same cult mentality in a room together, yukking it up over this video, and it never occurred to them that most ordinary people don't have THEIR mentality. (Thank goodness!) But then, the narcissistic arrogance of this type of person often means they can't envision the possibility that anyone else would think differently from themselves!

I had just as negative a reaction toward the "Green Police" video that White Bear posted. All that did was make me angry. How DARE these bullying bastards in uniforms come snooping and invading people's lives and carting innocent people off to jail because of their wretched obsessions? It certainly would not entice me to buy an Audi for my next car.

Still, all may not be lost. If anyone wants to be genuinely creative, they might still succeed in assembling one good video out of the wreckage of two abominable ones.

Scene: A grocery store checkout counter. Cashier says to the customer, "OK, so that's $37.08. Er... paper or plastic?"

"Plastic," says the man.

Jerk in uniform marches up and seizes the startled man, snarling "Green Police! You picked the wrong day to mess with the ecosystem, Plastic Boy," he sneers as he starts to hustle the man away.

"Oh dear!" says the cashier. Quickly she reaches under the counter and pushes a red button on a little box.

KA-BOOM! The Green Policeman blows up. Handcuffs, baton, and jackboots fly everywhere. His uniform cap lands incongruously on top of a grinning Halloween pumpkin.

"I'm sorry about that, sir," says the cashier. "We have been having trouble with that lot." She points to her little box. "I think they're starting to get the message--that their interference is NOT WANTED. I hope you're all right, sir."

"I'm OK," he says, dusting himself off. He pays for his groceries. As he turns to leave, the cashier reaches under the counter and hands him another little box with a red button on it, just like her own. "You might like to take this, sir," ahe says. "Just in case you have any more trouble with those Nazis."

"Thank you," he says. A caption appears on the screen:

NAZIS SUCK
BLOW ONE UP TODAY

Onlooker said:
NAZIS SUCK
BLOW ONE UP TODAY

Can't there be a commercial without anyone blowing up? I read the entire thread before watching it and i was still completely shocked to watch the visual depiction of people blowing up :shock: :O Not that there will ever be a commercial against police state or that global warming is a scam... unless we make it.

rylek said:
Regulattor said:

Self-righteous stooges with a messianic complex, in the least.
Intention is to create a subconscious fear in the people who like to oppose it. It's a type of mind control. In 4 days , it has 230,000 hits. some body takes this idea and writes a article and soon published by every where. very soon people unconsciously starts fearing of opposing the climate change or big brother. Sickening for sure.

Alana said:
Can't there be a commercial without anyone blowing up?

Probably not if the video is produced by government or is a satire of government psychopathic behavior. That is, unless we make it, as you mentioned. :)

As an aside, to me, the imagery in the Monty Python sketch was not funny but the sketch is indeed a satire providing a bit of a glimpse into the mentality of someone making a government film to be presented for "public service". Of course, the pro-government producer/director/narrator is shown to be an obvious sadist and we watch as he gets carried away with the 'pleasure' of 'teaching them a lesson' until he winds up blowing up the city, region and then two countries (Spain and China).

Another point of the satire (in my estimation) is revealed in contrasting the title with the content. The message being that no matter what the public service message is, government reps can use their natural desire to blow something or someone up and work it in somehow.
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Not_to_Be_Seen

Added later: In case it's not immediately apparent, I thought I'd mention that I do find it funny that it is people like the Global warming alarmists and people like Franny's group that are the ones being satirized by the likes of Monty Python. Franny et al., can do symbols, but not the underlying reality the symbols represent. :)

Sony forced to disassociate Itself from this group:

http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/04/climate-group-regrets-shock-film-tactic/

Climate Group Regrets Shock Film Tactic (So Does Sony)
By ANDREW C. REVKIN
6:04 p.m. | Updated
There are much more important things to focus on than an utterly misconceived mini movie blowing up kids to recruit carbon cutters, so it’s welcome that Eugenie Harvey, the director of the 10:10 UK group that commissioned the film, has moved toward closure by issuing a real apology (text below). The rather reluctant regrets note posted on Friday essentially encouraged YouTube visitors to copy and disseminate it by saying, “We won’t be making any attempt to censor or remove other versions currently in circulation on the internet.”

Of course the 10:10 folks can’t do anything about the even more horrific “remixes” of the video that are now being propagated by foes of climate action. (Sorry, you’ll have to Google for them yourself.)

If you’d like to see what funny gory humor looks like, I encourage you to check out climate blogtoonist Marc Roberts’ take on the “No Pressure” video:

A Greenwire report on The Times Web site describes more reverberations related to the film.

If you missed it, I encourage you to read my initial post on the film, including my (two thumbs down) review and a variety of reactions by people involved in moviemaking and/or environmental communication.

Here’s today’s apology from Harvey, followed further below by a note from Sony’s European division:

STATEMENT BY EUGENIE HARVEY, DIRECTOR OF 10:10 UK

Last week, 10:10 made available a short film. Following the initial reaction to the film we removed it from our website and issued an apology on Friday 2 October.

Subsequently there has been negative comment about the film, particularly on blogs, and concern from others working hard to build support for action on climate change. We are very sorry if this has distracted from their efforts.

We are also sorry to our corporate sponsors, delivery partners and board members, who have been implicated in this situation despite having no involvement in the film’s production or release.
We will learn from this mistake. Today I have written to supporters and stakeholders explaining that we will review processes and procedures to make sure it cannot happen again. Responsibility for this process is being taken by the 10:10 board.

The media coverage of the film was not the kind of publicity we wanted for 10:10, nor for the wider movement to reduce carbon emissions.

If people have been in touch with us personally about the film, we will be replying to individual emails over the next few days. Meanwhile our thanks go out to all those who support 10:10 and who work to combat the threat of climate change.

This evening, a representative of Sony Corporation (Europe) sent a note to an angry viewer of the video that was then forwarded to me by Marc Morano of Climatedepot.com. I just confirmed its authenticity with the author, and here it is:

Thank you for your email concerning the video released by the 10:10 climate change campaign group. Sony has supported the 10:10 climate change campaign because we share its objective to reduce carbon emissions. However, we strongly condemn the “No Pressure” video which was conceived, produced and released by 10:10 entirely without the knowledge or involvement of Sony. The company considers the video to be ill-conceived and in extremely bad taste.

We also believe the video risks undermining the work of the many thousands of members of the public, schools and universities, local authorities and many businesses, of which Sony is one, who support the long-term aims of the 10:10 movement and who are actively working towards the reduction of carbon emissions.

As a result we have taken the decision to disassociate ourselves from 10:10 at this time.

In our press statement we will be posting tomorrow morning we reaffirm our ongoing commitment to the reduction of global carbon emissions as part of our ‘Road to Zero’ environmental plan.

Yours sincerely,

Nick

Nick Sharples, Director of Corporate Communications
Sony Europe

EmeraldHope said:
Sony forced to disassociate Itself from this group...

And Kyocera Mita is no longer listed as sponsor of that violence-advocating 10:10 climate group.

Current Sponsors, Funders and Partners are still:

O2

Funders
The Ashden Trust
Esmée Fairbairn Foundation
Wates Foundation
The GD Charitable Trust
Jam Today
The Funding Network website

Media partners
The Guardian

Delivery partners
ActionAid
Campaign for greener healthcare
Carbon Trust
Degrees Cooler
Energy Saving Trust
The Great British Refurb
Green TV
Olswang LLP
People and Planet
Public Interest Research Centre
Pure360 Email Marketing Solutions

_http://www.1010global.org/uk/about/partners

In addition to Sony and Kyocera leaving 10:10, Caterpillar, ConocoPhillips, Deere & Co., Xerox and Marsh & McClennan have abandoned the U.S. Climate Action Partnership (USCAP).

Current USCAP Members Include:

* AES
* Alcoa
* Alstom
* Boston Scientific Corporation
* Chrysler
* The Dow Chemical Company
* Duke Energy
* DuPont
* Environmental Defense Fund
* Exelon Corporation
* Ford Motor Company
* General Electric
* General Motors Company
* Honeywell
* Johnson & Johnson
* Natural Resources Defense Council
* NextEra Energy
* NRG Energy
* PepsiCo
* Pew Center on Global Climate Change
* PG&E Corporation
* PNM Resources
* Rio Tinto
* Shell
* Siemens Corporation
* The Nature Conservancy
* Weyerhaeuser
* World Resources Institute

_http://www.us-cap.org/

Added Later:

Also:

[quote author=_http://www.junkscience.com/#GWS]
It isn't the planet's climate that grows more threatening, just the superstitious climate cranks who now more resemble Aztec priests sacrificing unbelievers.

Not that this is really anything new, of course, just watch the progression Greenpeace makes from this um, comment on people's vehicle choice to this menacing little feral.

They did so despite the hostile reception of the first ad, noted here:

_http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php/site/article/1497/

There is no tolerance in the Church of Green Zealotry.
[/quote]

Back
Top Bottom