New Q&A video on YouTube

Pashalis said:
what I find interesting; when you look at the view count of this video it says "0 invocations", and in the same time "4 likes ".
so at least 4 people have watched it yet including me but the view count is still zero.

I always found it strange that some videos on youtube (mostly those videos that have a real message) have a view count that is so low.
is there a technical reason for that, wich I'm not aware of ?
or is youtube controling the view count ?

YouTube has been having some sort of problem with their view count for the past couple of months. They claim the views are still being counted but aren't showing. Being a programmer myself, I find it a bit tough to comprehend how they are having such a difficult time fixing a simple database problem like this. Anyway, it isn't just us; it appears to be across the board.

Anyway, if everyone who has commented here would go there and comment and favorite the video we'll have some social proof that the counter isn't providing.

Great and upsetting at the same time to hear the sweet Laura's voice full of harmonics in a such grave speech;
May all souled and uncorrupted scientists see this video and make their part of the job, NOW!

Thanks Burma Jones and team

Excellent format in every sense.

Don Diego said:
Great and upsetting at the same time to hear the sweet Laura's voice full of harmonics in a such grave speech;
May all souled and uncorrupted scientists see this video and make their part of the job, NOW!

Fully agree.

Don Diego said:
Thanks Burma Jones and team

Gotta give props to Laura for what she had to endure getting all of the taping done for this series. It was a 4 hour marathon of non-stop questioning! But what came out of it is extremely valuable. You're going to hear some very straight talk about a lot of subjects over the next few weeks.

Great format!
- What is that white wisp above Laura's left hand?
- Hint: It ain't a ghost, it's "More" than that! :cool2:

Very cool! Thanks team for the videos.

Burma Jones said:
YouTube has been having some sort of problem with their view count for the past couple of months. They claim the views are still being counted but aren't showing. Being a programmer myself, I find it a bit tough to comprehend how they are having such a difficult time fixing a simple database problem like this. Anyway, it isn't just us; it appears to be across the board.

Anyway, if everyone who has commented here would go there and comment and favorite the video we'll have some social proof that the counter isn't providing.

I noticed last week that the counters for videos sometimes only seem to update about once a day. My guess is that within 24 hours it will update. I saw one viral video stuck at 300 views all day - the next morning it was at 10,000!

Burma Jones said:
YouTube has been having some sort of problem with their view count for the past couple of months.

Someone posted a way to hack youtube's view count a couple of months ago, and it went viral on the warez groups.

_http://www.mediafire.com/?aoic3uho0g5c9xh

Supposedly YouTube tried to fix the issue, and made it worse instead :rolleyes:

Great video and great idea!! Always love to see Laura in vids. :)

I just caught it off someone's fb post but I'll make sure to keep an eye out for more and pass them around. Thanks for the effort everyone!

Back
Top Bottom