New Show: MindMatters (RIP Truth Perspective)

Maybe he was but I was also wondering about what the combination of psychological and physical abuse from others plus his own self inflicted abuse had on the healthy functioning of his brain.

Like we said in the show, it seems most likely that without all the social and childhood influences he still would have been a garden variety schizoid or psychopath. However, it was the abuse and so forth that turned his otherwise still pathological mind into something far more violent and perverse.

There was also something else about Ramirez. From what I've read about psychopaths they often try to gain the trust of their victims by using charm or pity pleas.

Well, that depends on the victims and what the psychopath wants from them. Ramirez could be charming when he wanted to be (just watch him smile at the ladies in the audience of his trial), but his violent fantasies apparently didn't involve coercion that would have required charm and so he never used it.

Ramirez didn't try to gain anybody's trust, he was all about instilling fear. I think he loved how much fear his actions caused in the wider community. And his interest in Satanism and drawing pentagrams at the scene of his crimes was, it seems to me, just another tool to create and perpetuate the fear and anxiety in the wider community. He never tried to hide the fact that he was a particularly obnoxious type, he even smelled repulsive.

This is where his paraphilia comes to the fore. He literally got off on the fear, the offensiveness, etc. This is why he never tried to hide who he really was during his crimes. Why he never seemed to care about his body odor on the one hand and specifically chose to wear all black and get the pentagram tattoo on the other. It was all meant to as you say instill fear, discomfort, etc. and all with the aim of feeding his sexual fetish.

I wonder if demonic possession had a role to play in Ramirez' murder, rape and child molestation frenzy? Like the type Laura encountered during her worst exorcisms. Is this what the panel were alluding to when you were recalling the L.A. Detective's interview with Ramirez and he felt the guy was acting very strangely and thought he was about to levitate? You said, "Maybe there was something else". Certainly Ramirez' use of LSD could well have invited that kind of attachment.

Perhaps. As we speculated in the show, there were a number of strange coincidences that point to hyperdimensional involvement. The question is in what way and to what extent. Personally, I don't think he was full on possessed. However, I do think there were some particularly nasty entities that had their hooks in him or had a feeding tube link up to him.

Whatever the cause of Ramirez' heinous actions he sure was one of the most evil humans ever.

Agreed.

I watched the show, thank you so much guys, great discussion, I also watched the documentary and I would agree, do not watch it at night. The whole thing was very disturbing to go over, and regarding the possibility of hyperdimensional presences, while I was watching the documentary I was reminded of a few of the Hostage to the Devil stories, mostly after footage of him actually is shown and the sense one gets even through the screen is unexplainably frightening.

Now it is also true that these episodes are edited with audio and video to get precisely that response from the audience, and that might influence things enough, but it was rather strange, I usually do not get these unnerving sensations after watching crime documentaries, there was something truly evil about the whole thing.

The other thing I noticed was that his words sounded rather empty in the few audios of him that were played, there was something of a void, they didn't feel like they carried any conviction. I don't know if that makes sense, like it all sounded rehearsed, like just things he was saying just to say them, it was very strange indeed.

The whole thing was very disturbing to go over, and regarding the possibility of hyperdimensional presences, while I was watching the documentary I was reminded of a few of the Hostage to the Devil stories, mostly after footage of him actually is shown and the sense one gets even through the screen is unexplainably frightening.

I've not watched the documentary, however when the discussion was on those oddities - coincidences, Hostage to the Devil jumped out at me also. This relates to some of the entities in those stories that seemed to have had a wide field of some type of connective knowing to other people that help entrap the possessed to them, not that he was possessed in this case.

Also thought a little on Adrian Raine, which was mentioned in the show (many influence possibilities).

Like we said in the show, it seems most likely that without all the social and childhood influences he still would have been a garden variety schizoid or psychopath. However, it was the abuse and so forth that turned his otherwise still pathological mind into something far more violent and perverse.

Yes, likely, and that included the influencers around him that introduced him to some nasty ways of looking and acting - that he seemed to get off on. Might have been the brother in-law who came back from Vietnam, or something like that.

The other thing I noticed was that his words sounded rather empty in the few audios of him that were played, there was something of a void, they didn't feel like they carried any conviction. I don't know if that makes sense, like it all sounded rehearsed, like just things he was saying just to say them, it was very strange indeed.

Beyond the content of his little speeches being used to provoke fear in people's mind, perhaps he was skilled enough to use this weird delivery to amplify the impact. It could be some kind of "Uncanny Valley" phenomenon where the words sound almost natural (or artificial) while not being quite there. It creates an uneasy feeling quite hard to pin down similar to what you're reporting. I believe someone during the podcast made a comment about his face on some pictures where he was almost handsome, which adds to the confusion and the shifty feeling about his whole being.

That on top of the satanic overtones and his disgusting physical features are definitely synergistic factors to the fear he wanted to induce in his victims (or people in general). In a way his "craft" is quite impressive in that regard. I wonder whether he planned it or just "winged it" by relying on his innate talents. We'll probably never know.

We hope you enjoy listening to the latest MindMattters discussion where we get into the Romantic Reading, giving our take on it against the backdrop of all the ideological craziness we're seeing. So if you've been on the fence about reading these types of books, you might very well see this additional reason for giving them a good try.

MindMatters: Campy Covers, Deep Psychology: Discover a Most Surprising Oasis of Virtue and Values

At this time of sweeping societal change, ideological propaganda is bombarding western culture everywhere one looks. No tradition or institution is spared, particularly when it comes to our value systems and the most basic ideas of what it means to be human: family, relationships, sex. The cult of wokeness must be adhered to, or else. Refuse to comply and you risk being labeled, demonized, cancelled. But the onslaught of pseudo-reality has one survivor, hidden in plain sight for all this time: the regency romance novel.

Rakes and hoydens, scandals and scoundrels. Sometimes virtue can be found in the most unlikely places. So this week on MindMatters, discover a genre that, to our delight and surprise, is a rich source of not only entertainment, insight and knowledge, but most importantly, also a wellspring of traditional values that has the power to counteract the mind-virus - and potentially help us to grow.

This show was a good expanded upon summary of these particular romance novels that helps to bring out a clearer fullness of what lies underneath with so many, and with self. These books, osit, are remarkable at their ability to pull upon buried emotions, to link oneself with past woundings (as suggested in the Romance thread, even in another life), ideas, family, the opposite sex and society in general. It does not end there.

A common scene in many of these regency stories is the Ton Ball, with those in attendance with titles or not, in so called polite society. The scenes have a focus on the protagonists and a few others influencing. However in the background, of all ages and sexes, mingles others with their own individual stories never-told; such as in life. Thus, these books (it is a big list), as a whole, seem to offer up so many different characters that one can look upon each for commonality that lies underneath. These are the repeating patterns for all; differentials in title and wealth are common in these books, and yet not the essence of them.

During the show, had a few chuckles - so thanks for that. And of course, these books dovetailed into the show, provide a glimpse of what has gone so horrible wrong in society today - wrong footings that seem to be difficult to recover societal balance, as current reality presents itself.

In these books, with some authors, chapter starts with a quote, and there are some really good ones - truisms.

Example:
"A lie is most effective when it is planted in the soil of truth."

- The Dowager Marchioness of Wallinggam to Lady Berne upon news of Lord Tannenbrook's hidden talent for spreading gossip.

Ps. The show illustration is hilarious. :lol:

Thank you very much for the show guys. You've described very well the negative disintegration of the western society and to a lesser extent the other parts of the world because of the pathological influence of pathological individuals that are spreading and strongly promoting their pathological views in every branch of society.

It's no wonder at all that a lot of people nowadays because of these pathological values that are being promoted heavily are finding themselves in a kind of cognitive dissonance state of mind, vulnerable for being manipulated even further and eventually risking being subjugated to the will of the pathological individuals.

I appreciated very much how neatly you've introduced the subject of the fictional romantic novels and the importance of reading them due to the STO oriented values these novels stand for.

Nice job guys! ;-D

Thanks for wading into the pool on this one. I’m 6 books in: Balogh, and Jennifer Ashley. I'm realizing how the world we walk in today is a near void of understanding of family, tribe, and institutions. Its kind of a “re-grooving” to the way it works, and how it served us well for so long. “The covers are a good camouflage” Good one!

Thanks again.

We hope you enjoy listening to the latest MindMattters discussion where we get into the Romantic Reading, giving our take on it against the backdrop of all the ideological craziness we're seeing. So if you've been on the fence about reading these types of books, you might very well see this additional reason for giving them a good try.

MindMatters: Campy Covers, Deep Psychology: Discover a Most Surprising Oasis of Virtue and Values

Looking forward to listening to this one!

Back
Top Bottom