New Slogan for SOTT?

So, what do we have here?

Sott: The World for People who Think and Care

Cassiopaea: People who care about people.

Cassiopaea: A Conscientious and Compassionate Community'
-The World for People Who Care-

Cassiopaea: Compassion through knowledge
or Cassiopaea: Empathy through knowledge

The original suggestion by CelticWarrior was about a new slogan for SOTT. However, the admins said it quiet clear that it is something that cannot be taken lightly. It would be a serious change in the scheme of things.

Then the discussion goes onto a new slogan for Cassiopaea. There I think that the old good saying Knowledge protects, ignorance endangers is simply unbeatable and belongs to C's.

But what seems a very interesting idea is to come up with a slogan for Cassiopaea forum itself. I guess that's what you all had in mind when bringing all the above suggestions. To promote the forum is something that has not really be done on a bigger scale and I am sure no one here doubts this forum deserves some bigger publicity - never mind that it would naturally attract more lunatics too.

So if you agree, the focus should be on the fact that there is a community, forum, world available to the public which serves as a tool for people with certain objectives. What are they?
In the above it looks like:

empathy
compassion & caring
knowledge
thinking
conscience
consciousness

I would add:

learning
searching for truth
working on one's self
seeing the world as it is

Possibly one main sentence plus a secondary sentence (or three words) in the subtitle would do the job.

Maybe few more puzzles to play with:

The world for people who learn to see.
The world for people who share their knowledge.
The world for people who search for knowledge.
The network/community of people who care.

Search, learn and work.
Care, conscience, compassion.
Working to do, learning to obtain knowledge and share to grow the awareness.
Network as a compassion / care.

Hmm, let's wait for some more and better ones.

To promote the forum is something that has not really be done on a bigger scale and I am sure no one here doubts this forum deserves some bigger publicity

Hi anka,

If I'm not mistaken and my memory doesn't deceive me you could be dead wrong with this assumption. As far as I recall I've seen multiple posts from Laura scattered throughout this website in all sorts of different contexts stating (paraphrasing) that this forum has such distinct goals and aims plus a matching focus and modus operandi that it simply cannot be suited/suitable for every one. When people are ready for it, they will find it in their own pace and on a for them suitable moment.

Wide promotion of the forum runs counter to that statement of policy, I think.

Many of the current participants here will confirm to you how long it took them to get acquainted with procedures and what they had to overcome before jumping in eventually. A good read about that can be found here

Hope this helps a bit. :)

Palinurus said:
To promote the forum is something that has not really be done on a bigger scale and I am sure no one here doubts this forum deserves some bigger publicity

...If I'm not mistaken and my memory doesn't deceive me you could be dead wrong with this assumption. As far as I recall I've seen multiple posts from Laura scattered throughout this website in all sorts of different contexts stating (paraphrasing) that this forum has such distinct goals and aims plus a matching focus and modus operandi that it simply cannot be suited/suitable for every one. When people are ready for it, they will find it in their own pace and on a for them suitable moment.

Wide promotion of the forum runs counter to that statement of policy, I think.

Thank you for bringing this up. You are right and I think I do understand why it is so. Let me just say here that by bigger scale I didn't mean advertising in newspapers. The universe is constantly changing and so is an approach that was once considered definite. When I was writing my previous comment, I was perhaps influenced by my naivety and hope that some people, who might become a valuable part of this network and are still out there, just need a little bigger sign to notice for whatever reasons (e.g. difficult environment, personal struggle).

Some more signs I thought could be put on sott & eiriu eolas websites where there is no direct link to the forum and for that purpose would be nice to have a slogan to kind of give a hint, inspire the mind of an onlooker. But if, from the QFG's point of view, the current model of how to find the forum and of interconnection between EE, SOTT, Cass & FOTCM still suits the best then there is no need for further discussion about it.

Palinurus said:
Many of the current participants here will confirm to you how long it took them to get acquainted with procedures and what they had to overcome before jumping in eventually.
No doubt - I am one of them :)

When I was writing my previous comment, I was perhaps influenced by my naivety and hope that some people, who might become a valuable part of this network and are still out there, just need a little bigger sign to notice for whatever reasons (e.g. difficult environment, personal struggle).

I understand your thinking and sure do sympathize with it, but in real life things oftentimes work rather differently -- as a recent example has shown which can be found here.

Maybe something to keep in mind?

Palinurus said:
... in real life things oftentimes work rather differently -- as a recent example has shown which can be found here.

Maybe something to keep in mind?

Absolutely. Again, you are right about that. I slow down. The point and lesson taken.

Last night I went for a couple of hours through that thread and it was another great dot-connecting experience. Can't help but reprint one of the highlights, this one from Laura:

When the pieces of the cognitive science start coming together, it can be very depressing. I no longer think that anything we do is going to have any significant impact on the world; I just continue to do it because it is the right thing to do and it would be sad if the world ended and nobody stood up for truth and what is right.

This makes me realize (again and again) that there really is no push for this forum to be promoted any more then it is now. It's just enough, the things are moving and developing in a steady, maybe slightly increasing pace, evolving naturally. No need to panic. Carry on & don't give up. The way it should be.

Thank you for the guidance, Palinurus.

Back
Top Bottom