No more radio.sott.net

Fine on both apps.

After downloading, the second show stops at 01.01 playing through Chrome - the exact same place it stops while streaming (through Chrome).

Checking the first and I'll post again, if time to edit this post runs out.

EDIT: The first PSI show does the same: it also stops at 01.01 after downloading when being played back on the Chrome browser.

Last edited:
Once downloaded on my phone, it stops after 01 minute or so even though it is downloaded. Skipping/fast-forwarding resolves this. I don't know why that happens :huh:

I tested the show today on an Android phone, same thing happened. Could just be a few bad bytes in the file that throws off various players.

I wonder if loading it into an editor (Audacity or similar) and re-saving it to MP3 would fix that?

Added: After a quick test of downloading to desktop and trying to open it to play I see a message "File contains invalid data at position 84010". I loaded it into Audacity then exported it back to disk as MP3 and it works fine. So a quick repair to the file on SoTT is needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: SMM
End of a mini-era I suppose! It's a little bit of a relief to be honest; no more waking up at 2-3am (or getting virtually no sleep! 😮) to join in the live chats! :lol: And the video format is a natural expansion for the information that the SOTT crew provide. Thanks y'all! Onwards, upwards and outwards! :thup:

Added: After a quick test of downloading to desktop and trying to open it to play I see a message "File contains invalid data at position 84010". I loaded it into Audacity then exported it back to disk as MP3 and it works fine. So a quick repair to the file on SoTT is needed.

It appears that all recently uploaded shows have "blips" every 1:02. That's about the size of the 1MB chunks that my new chunked uploader sends.

So, the uploader is corrupting the files somehow.

Gonna investigate.

Reactions: SMM
I broke it!!

The new Radio show MP3 uploader I made breaks the MP3 files into 1MB chunks (for upload resume). Those chunks were written with "puts", which adds a carriage return to the end of each chunk. :umm: D'OH!

Hence, the re-assembled MP3 files were corrupted, and would potentially stop playing every 1:02 depending on the browser/MP3 player used.

All recent show MP3 files will be re-uploaded shortly, and that should fix the problem. It's morning in the USA, so might have to wait a bit for the Truth Perspective shows to be re-uploaded.

It's a little bit of a relief to be honest; no more waking up at 2-3am (or getting virtually no sleep! 😮) to join in the live chats!

I kind of knew that but wow! That's some commitment. I liked the live chats but not that much. Lol

I broke it!!

The new Radio show MP3 uploader I made breaks the MP3 files into 1MB chunks (for upload resume). Those chunks were written with "puts", which adds a carriage return to the end of each chunk. :umm: D'OH!

Hence, the re-assembled MP3 files were corrupted, and would potentially stop playing every 1:02 depending on the browser/MP3 player used.

All recent show MP3 files will be re-uploaded shortly, and that should fix the problem. It's morning in the USA, so might have to wait a bit for the Truth Perspective shows to be re-uploaded.
The two psi shows have now been reuploaded!

What happens with any of the other recent radio show MP3s? Is it only The Truth Perspective?

I listened to the below listed shows over the past 3 weeks from the beginning to the end. There were no issues at all.

The Truth Perspective - Darwinian Delusions: Why Darwin Is More Dangerous Than You Think
The Truth Perspective: Mind the Gaps: Locating the Intelligence in Evolution and Design

Too bad the PSI show is playing up, I wanted to listen to it next. I listen to the News Real shows in the video format these days so I don't know if their MP3 versions works OK or not.

I listened to the below listed shows over the past 3 weeks from the beginning to the end. There were no issues at all.

The Truth Perspective - Darwinian Delusions: Why Darwin Is More Dangerous Than You Think
The Truth Perspective: Mind the Gaps: Locating the Intelligence in Evolution and Design

Too bad the PSI show is playing up, I wanted to listen to it next. I listen to the News Real shows in the video format these days so I don't know if their MP3 versions works OK or not.
Those ones were done using the old system, so they wouldn't have had the same problems. The only ones affected would've been the 2 recent psi ones, but since they've been re-uploaded, they should work now.

The Objective: Health shows are now updated as well.

AHA! JW Player error code 224002 =

Still perplexing, cuz if you can listen to part of the show, why not all of it?

At the very least, you should be able to open the MP3 download link in a new window, Shift-Refresh the page (to make sure it's not using a potentially corrupted MP3 file download cached by your browser) and then Save Page As to get the MP3.
Thanks Scottie. I did that and it worked!! Incredible show so well worth the hassle! Thanks. :-)
Edit: I was using the Chrome browser, plus kept stopping after the 1 minute and - as you say - frequently after that. I began to think it was my internet connection. Well done for fixing.

Last edited:
Sorry Scottie, I forgot to ask where I can find all the show archives as I still have many to catch up on again. I normally used to click 'ARCHIVE' on the Radio Network. Are they stored elsewhere now as I cannot find them.

Sorry Scottie, I forgot to ask where I can find all the show archives as I still have many to catch up on again. I normally used to click 'ARCHIVE' on the Radio Network. Are they stored elsewhere now as I cannot find them.

Hi happyliza, I bookmarked this page: SOTT Radio Network -- Sott.net

I can't find the archive anymore either I'm afraid. Maybe someone else will be able to help.

Back
Top Bottom