No more radio.sott.net

I have a workaround, it's by playing the videos on background playback with YouTube Premium, NewPipe or YouTube Vanced.

There's nothing like listening to it from AntennaPod though. Overall, this event left a bad taste in my mouth

Yeah, only about 2% of total listeners for all shows actually listen live, anyway! Different schedules, time zones, etc.

I love your shows but sunday six p.m. is inconvenient for me, I tutor chemistry or feed ducks at that time, sorry.

There are ways to do that.

If you use Firefox, install this addon:

Thanks, that works. I will put the mp3's in the same iTunes podcasts folder just to keep them tidy. I put that CSS code in, but commented it out /* like this */ in case I want it to be shorter in the future.

I'm going to miss the live shows guys, listening in live and especially the chat was a blast! Although the times were sometimes inconvienient and I couldn't always make it, I've really enjoyed listening to your shows for the past years. I hope you'll be back live someday. Thanks!

Hi Scottie
I am trying to catch up with the PSI discussion but it cuts off before one minute each time. Going back to the Sott page it says Error of the MP3 bit and a line through the left hand arrow. Also it fails to download and I like to keep all the downloads. :-(

Hi Scottie
I am trying to catch up with the PSI discussion but it cuts off before one minute each time. Going back to the Sott page it says Error of the MP3 bit and a line through the left hand arrow. Also it fails to download and I like to keep all the downloads. :-(
224002 is the errow code

I’ve always gone from the SOTT page and listened in my headphones anyway, so I’m not impacted by the changes. Regardless, whatever keeps the machine running most efficiently I’ll be there!:headbanger:

Hi Scottie

You're the 2nd person to have this problem (2 different Truth Perspective shows), and I'm not sure why. I can listen to the whole show via the embedded player, and I can download and listen to the MP3 without a problem in both Windows Media Player and VLC.

I'm perplexed!

224002 is the errow code

AHA! JW Player error code 224002 =
Failed to decode the associated resource. Equivalent to the HTML5 MEDIA_ERR_DECODE mediaError.

Still perplexing, cuz if you can listen to part of the show, why not all of it?

At the very least, you should be able to open the MP3 download link in a new window, Shift-Refresh the page (to make sure it's not using a potentially corrupted MP3 file download cached by your browser) and then Save Page As to get the MP3.

...a relatively small number of (💕well-loved💕) live listeners..

I gotta say that over the years while broadcasted live it was a lot of fun - so thank you guys and gals for all the past live show presentations. I won't lie, I'll miss it. Nevertheless, the shows have moved to video now and that is extra good!

I've said it before, this has been the best radio on the web and now video! :rockon:

Still perplexing, cuz if you can listen to part of the show, why not all of it?

At the very least, you should be able to open the MP3 download link in a new window, Shift-Refresh the page (to make sure it's not using a potentially corrupted MP3 file download cached by your browser) and then Save Page As to get the MP3.

Once downloaded on my phone, it stops after 01 minute or so even though it is downloaded. Skipping/fast-forwarding resolves this. I don't know why that happens :huh:

Once downloaded on my phone, it stops after 01 minute or so even though it is downloaded. Skipping/fast-forwarding resolves this. I don't know why that happens :huh:

What happens with any of the other recent radio show MP3s? Is it only The Truth Perspective?

Just checking now (by listening to them): one theory in my case is it's app-related.

Before, the first show stopped a few minutes in on the first few plays, then after changing media player apps, it resolved. I was using Google Play Music before (audio files downloaded from Chrome are automatically opened with it), which is where it stopped. On Samsung Music there was no problem with it.

So, I love the shows and have been meaning to listen to them, make written notes and read the books too, after listening on the two different applications, I can write an update.

They both seem to play fine past a few minutes in Samsung Music, and on other devices, so I think it is app-related.

Back
Top Bottom