- Exhaling: collapsing of the chest; giving “permission” to let go and give up
- Relaxation of diaphragm and neck
- Directing energy into the pelvis

??
Yes, I believe there's a lack of awareness and knowledege
conserning psychopaths in this field (too). I also did some
serious "raising of eyebrows" when the teacher presented
this character type. I asked him if he could be more specific
about what type of psychopath was meant in this context.
He clarified a few things:

- In his article by psychopath is meant the ones molded by the
environment and parents (characteropaths?). The born ones are not "treatable".

(In my understanding a better label for this character type would be "control freak"
or something similar. The neck, chest and diaphragm are
areas of conrol manifesting in the body. That's why these
points are suggested for treatment here.)

- The therapist can only show the way, to really try to
change is up to the individual herself. And psycopaths
seldom come seeking help for their psychological problems,
mainly they come to fix up their muscle tensions etc. But
that CAN be a start for something "waking up".

edit: With the post below Mrs.Tigersoap has made me understand this much better...OSIT

Thank you Gertrudes for the great book references, i'll make sure to have a look them!

Andromeda said:
Hmmm... the psychopath can be treated by:

- Exhaling: collapsing of the chest; giving “permission” to let go and give up
- Relaxation of diaphragm and neck
- Directing energy into the pelvis

??

I knew about the bioenergetic definition of the psychopath before the one I learned about on this forum and I had trouble understanding what the forum meant at first. It was an obstacle and some sort of sacred cow for me. I wonder if it is not in some way made on purpose to call this structure psychopath, so that all bases are covered, so to speak when it comes to psychopathy: holistic /bioenergetic / energy practitioners will think that they can do something for these people and possibly cure them, thinking that their problem is a problem of "environment."
Anyway, psychopaths - real ones - usually are not so interested in holistic approaches to get better, they usually think they work perfectly fine. : )

It is my experience that psychopathic structures - and several books on the subject prefer to call them 'controlling' - are people most likely to react with psychopathic traits when their betrayal wound is 'awakened' (i.e. by being sure that he did nothign wrong, that he needs to take revenge, etc.) whereas other structures will react differently (the masochist will blame himself in secret for years, the oral will blame himself openly so that people pay attention to him, the rigid will make himself pay and never forgive himself, the schizoid will dissociate and/or pretend nothing happened). So that may be the reason why they are psychopathic.

FWIW

Hi Aragorn

Are you planning to provide any more updates? I know there were some issues relating to the Breathing-Meditation programme - but I was looking forward to hearing updates on your sessions. I greatly enjoyed reading your notes, as they add to knowledge and practice of alternative practice.

Trevrizent said:
Hi Aragorn

Are you planning to provide any more updates? I know there were some issues relating to the Breathing-Meditation programme - but I was looking forward to hearing updates on your sessions. I greatly enjoyed reading your notes, as they add to knowledge and practice of alternative practice.

Good to know, thanks! I wasn't sure if anyone was interested of more information in this field, especially when there are so many other more important matters going on here. But yes, there's been some intresting weekend courses since the first one. I'll get back! ;)

I should have replied earlier, but I too found/find the Bioenergtics information very interesting and would love to read more if you get a chance!

A quick update, since a few of you have been inquiring:

Last weekend I continued again my training in bioenergetics, or body awareness as our teacher calls it. Now, I've been thinking hard what to write here about our training, if anything. The thing is, that much of what we do or have done is very "manual" and without personal and proper guidance I feel that trying out these things could be, if not dangerous, at least counterproductive. Another thing is, that much of it has to do with breathing and releasing of emotional armouring and since we already have the wonderful EE-program going on here - which is dealing with just those things, there really is no need to add anything.

There are however some great warm up exercises we've been doing that I could probably share. We have learned also some other interesting elements (e.g. the trauma/tension stored in the eyes) dealing with the mind/body connection that I maybe could present in a more general manner, but I'm not sure if that would be considered noise.

Hope you don't feel that this is a 'fishing expedition' in order to get some of you "begging" me to post something, I just thought that since Trevrizent and Dawn where asking that I'd post a few lines. I'll consider this further...

Hi Aragorn
There are however some great warm up exercises we've been doing that I could probably share. We have learned also some other interesting elements (e.g. the trauma/tension stored in the eyes) dealing with the mind/body connection that I maybe could present in a more general manner, ...
All of these exercises, 'elements' would be welcomed - by me anyway! Tension is a particular problem for me, and any advice would be useful.

"Inspired" by slowone's post I thought I'd just quickly share a pretty good and simple thing one can do to releave tension in the neck, jaw and even shoulders. Our teacher, mentioned in this thread, showed how to do this one, but I've also stumbled on the same method with some singing teachers. This could be easily showed in person, but I think it can be described quite good in writing too.

The whole thing has to do with the tongue. Since the tongue is a surprisingly big and strong muscle AND connected to the throat, the effects of doing "tongue gymnastics" can be amazingly effective!

1) Start by closing your mouth gently with the lips together

2) Breathe through the nose - normal breathing.

3) Start rolling/rotating your tongue on the frontside of your teeth - as if you would "clean" them (keep your mouth gently closed). Try to make a big "radius", reaching the molars too. Important - keep the breathing going (trough the nose)! After ca 50 rotations change direction. You can vary by "cleaning" the teeth on the inside, this IMO effects more the jaw tension.

That's it! Now, depending on how much tension you have the sensations may vary. But most people will feel uncomfortable sensations in neck/jaw/shoulder after ca 20 rotations. These sensations indicate how much and where you have tensions. Don't be discouraged by the nasty sensations - afterwards you will feel warmth and relaxation in exactly those muscles that were "complaining"! With practise one can do longer sessions, because of less tension. Our teacher recommended that one should strive for being able to do the 'tongue roll' for ca 10min. I know from experience that that is tough! :)

Good luck!

Aragorn said:
With practise one can do longer sessions, because of less tension. Our teacher recommended that one should strive for being able to do the 'tongue roll' for ca 10min. I know from experience that that is tough! :)

Good luck!

Hey thanks for posting this Aragorn, that's a fascinating exercise. I still have tension in my neck and jaw from some old sport injuries, and this seems like it may help. I just tried it out and the whole area got pretty sore after only 10 rotations! Definitely going to have to practice it more...

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom