NSA Leaks, Edward Snowden: Genuine whistleblower or psy-op?

No reason for France to change mind over Snowden asylum: minister
PARIS September 19, 2019 - There’s no reason for France to change its mind over a 2013 decision to deny former U.S spy agency contractor Edward Snowden asylum, French foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said on Thursday.

Snowden said on Monday he would love French President Emmanuel Macron to grant him political asylum after another one of Macron’s ministers said if it was up to her she would offer him asylum.

No reason for France to change mind over Snowden asylum: minister
PARIS September 19, 2019 - There’s no reason for France to change its mind over a 2013 decision to deny former U.S spy agency contractor Edward Snowden asylum, French foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said on Thursday.

Snowden said on Monday he would love French President Emmanuel Macron to grant him political asylum after another one of Macron’s ministers said if it was up to her she would offer him asylum.
Why he wanted to leave Russia a country that took him ? Maybe Russia does not want him anymore and he saw the double game of Snowden ? Why he does not asks asylum in Islandia or another more free country? Is he trying to say that "Russia is not a good country"? Or tell us that France is not good at all because they will not take him? But we know that France is a vassal of USA. :pinocchio:

Why he wanted to leave Russia a country that took him ? Maybe Russia does not want him anymore and he saw the double game of Snowden ? Why he does not asks asylum in Islandia or another more free country? Is he trying to say that "Russia is not a good country"? Or tell us that France is not good at all because they will not take him? But we know that France is a vassal of USA. :pinocchio:

Maybe, the word "intelligence" should be avoided - when referring to Snowden? He's not helping his position, by making a complete fool out of himself?

Snowden says Russia is only country with foreign policy independent enough to shelter him

The whistleblower said the fact that he regularly criticizes the Russian government demonstrates that he was not recruited by Moscow.

Edward Snowden Pavel Smertin/TASS

Edward Snowden © Pavel Smertin/TASS

September 18. /TASS/. Former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, who fled to Russia after exposing a mass surveillance scheme of the US government, believes that of all European countries, only Russia’s foreign policy is independent enough to grant him an asylum.

"I think it’s interesting, a little bit sad and a lot more instructional that in all of Europe there seems to be only one country whose foreign policy is independent enough that the American whistleblower can still be heard," he said during a video linkup broadcast live by Germany's Zeit Online. "We should not see the protection of whistleblowers as an adversarial action."

Snowden asked rhetorically, why no other government "in the whole of Europe, a long-term ally and friend of the United States" has ever said that protecting whistleblowers is something that can at least be considered.

"Protecting those people [whistleblowers] is not something that can be even considered, it’s not a conversation that we can have, because we fear that the United States intelligence services might share not as much information, or there might be some form of retaliation," he said.

The whistleblower said the fact that he regularly criticizes the Russian government demonstrates that he was not recruited by Moscow.

In 2013, Snowden released information on methods of electronic surveillance of American intelligence services, including illegal tapping of foreign leaders’ talks. Fleeing from prosecution, Snowden sent requests for asylum to some countries, including Russia. On August 1, 2014, he received residence permit in Russia for three years, which was later prolonged for another three years.

Snowden says Moscow winters help him remain anonymous

A hat and a scarf are of help, the former NSA staffer says.

Edward Snowden EPA/SVEIN OVE EKORNESVAAG

Edward Snowden © EPA/SVEIN OVE EKORNESVAAG

September 17, 2019 - In his memoir "Permanent Record," former US National Security Agency (NSA) contractor Edward Snowden, who received asylum in Russia, says that Moscow winters make it easier for him to remain anonymous.

"Whenever I go outside, I try to change my appearance a bit. Maybe I get rid of my beard, maybe I wear different glasses. I never liked the cold until I realized that a hat and a scarf provide the world’s most convenient and inconspicuous anonymity," Snowden writes in his memoir published on Tuesday. "I change the rhythm and pace of my walk, and, contrary to the sage advice of my mother, I look away from traffic when crossing the street, which is why I’ve never been caught on any of the car dashcams that are ubiquitous here."

"I used to worry about the bus and the metro, but nowadays, everybody’s too busy staring at their phones to give a second glance," Snowden said. "If I take a cab, I’ll have it pick me up at a bus or metro stop a few blocks away from where I live and drop me off at an address a few blocks away from where I’m going," he added.

Sep 19 2019 - EVERYONE Is on List: Snowden Says No ‘Innocents’ in Mass Surveillance World
EVERYONE Is on List: Snowden Says No ‘Innocents’ in Mass Surveillance World

Asked if buying his memoir would get one on a spy list, NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden chillingly replied that everyone in the world is on the “list” and there are no innocents in the age of mass surveillance.

Responding to a reader who joked that buying Snowden’s book ‘Permanent Record’ might have put him on a list of people to be spied on, the exiled former intelligence contractor said in all seriousness that everyone is being spied on regardless, RT reported.

“Systems of mass surveillance strive to record all people, in all places, at all times. The question is no longer ‘Am I on the list?’ it is ‘What's my rank on the list?’,” Snowden tweeted on Wednesday.

The former NSA and CIA contractor became a household name in 2013, when he revealed the extent of surveillance by the ‘Five Eyes’ network of US and its allies. He fled to Hong Kong ahead of being charged with espionage and eventually found asylum in Russia.

The US government reacted to the publication of his memoir by filing a civil lawsuit seeking to confiscate all proceeds from it, on grounds that it violates his nondisclosure agreement with the NSA and the CIA. This only helped the book become an instant best-seller.

Snowden has repeatedly made the case that everyone is being spied on regardless of whether they were actually engaged in any wrongdoing.

“Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say,” he stated during a discussion on Reddit in May 2015.

I have also the impression that he feels lonely. That what he is doing is a sort of yell saying "Eh, I am here me too!", if we think about Assange and Manning, that people talk about them but not about Snowden. Maybe he feels put aside, forgotten, erased of this planet. Lives in his grey and solitaire world, like in a John Lecarre novel.

The Unz Review has put up a really good article on Snowden. It's rather long but it's worth the effort.

The Snowden Conundrum

I always wondered why Snowden promoted the Tor browser? A section in the article offers this information:

"The Tor Project – a private nonprofit known as the “NSA-proof” gateway to the “dark web,” turns out to be almost “100% funded by the US government” according to documents obtained by investigative journalist and author Yasha Levine ... the Tor project and its primary source of funding; a CIA spinoff known as the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), which “oversees America’s foreign broadcasting operations like Radio Free Asia and Radio Free Europe.”

"Tor was almost 100% funded by three U.S. National Security agencies: the Navy, the State Department and the BBG. Following the money revealed that Tor was not a grassroots outfit, but a military contractor with its own government contractor number. In other words: it was a privatized extension of the very same government that it claimed to be fighting".

Some serious question's on Snowden's background:

Journalist Margie Burns asked some good questions back in June that have not yet been answered. She wondered about the 29-year old Snowden who had been a U.S. Army Special Forces recruit, a covert CIA operative, and an NSA employee in various capacities, all in just a few, short years. Burns asked “How, exactly, did Snowden get his series of NSA jobs? Did he apply through regular channels? Was it through someone he knew? Who recommended him? Who were his references for a string of six-figure, high-level security jobs? Are there any safeguards in place so that red flags go up when a subcontractor jumps from job to job, especially in high-level clearance positions?”

Believing that Snowden is a whistleblower is like believing Oswald was a Soviet defector. All their roads lead to the CIA. Will Snowden meet the same fate as Oswald?

Snowden will make first public appearance since U.S. lawsuit at conference next month
FILE PHOTO: Edward Snowden speaks via video link during a news conference in New York City, U.S. September 14, 2016.  REUTERS/Brendan McDermid

Oct. 2, 2019 - Fugitive U.S. intelligence whistleblower Edward Snowden will speak next month by video at Web Summit in Lisbon, billed by the organizers as the world's largest annual tech conference.

Organizers of Web Summit said it would be Snowden’s largest live audience to date and his first since the release last month of his memoir.

The conference said Snowden would take questions from a moderator onstage about his work for the NSA, from which he leaked a vast trove of classified secrets in 2013, resetting the world’s view of tech-enabled spying.

Web Summit said it welcomed talks by security and privacy experts.

The conference, which organizers say is the largest in the world in terms of attendance, expects to draw 70,000 people in person. Snowden’s appearance will also be streamed to the public.

Sibel Edmonds has this new video on Snowden and Whistleblowers.

Sibel Edmonds is very good at what she does - very disciplined, dedicated and very much "fact-based" in her reporting.

Question remains, "What is Snowden up to, what's behind this PR stunt and why"?

Why did Snowden ask France to consider asylum - when France had previously denied that request?

Snowden will speak next month by video at Web Summit in Lisbon, billed by the organizers as the world's largest annual tech conference.

Organizers of Web Summit said it would be Snowden’s largest live audience to date and his first since the release last month of his memoir.

I sense, Snowden's main focus will center on the 5G network technology and Huawei?

I've been sitting on the fence, for a long time, observing Edward Snowden ... giving him "the benefit of doubt" trying to stay neutral until I grasped something "solid" from him ... and I'm off the fence and walking away. He's all smoke and mirrors and just a self-serving JERK, as far as I'm concerned. No turning back - on this one! He's not worth any more time or effort!

Apparently, the book he has just published ... summed up in a few short words ... self elevates him up on a very tall pedestal - while demoting Assange to the lowest depths of humanity.

Edward Snowden's Julian Assange is an Unfamiliar Julian Assange

The recent publication of Permanent Record, Snowden’s 336-page memoir, takes the Snowden-Assange dynamic to new—and problematic—heights. When Assange was forcibly dragged out of the Ecuadorian embassy in early 2019, Snowden was among the leading voices condemning the arrest of the WikiLeaks founder, calling it a dangerous assault on journalism. But in his memoir, Snowden uses rhetorical tricks to present Assange and WikiLeaks as his deceitful and irresponsible foils in a blatant and seemingly self-serving effort to highlight his own trustworthiness and accountability. Indeed, reviewers at the Washington Post and New Yorker have already seized upon Snowden’s anti-Assange rhetoric to serve their own anti-Assange agendas.

Recent on Joe Rogan. Edward discusses his book and the rouge government after 9/11.
I've had numerous calls suddenly DC while in conversations with contacts in states. While ether sharing revelations from France or being informed of activity's in the states. Some while discussing sightings of possible UFOs. Which go futher back with ATT, in the 90's.
C'est la vie...:whistle:

Oct 23, 2019 / 2:49:31
Edward Snowden is an American whistleblower who copied and leaked highly classified information from the National Security Agency in 2013 when he was a Central Intelligence Agency employee and subcontractor.
His new book "Permanent Record" is now available.

So Snowden, as current CIA employee pretending to be a former CIA employee, continues to corral gullible believers into fantasy land.

Kind of take Snowden in the same way that Irene McCammon Scott in this thread looks at misinformation programs and the players involved - truth and lies bound together as a similar play book - and very deep and often hidden within the very organizations involved. In Snowden's case it is a highly complex line of force - tied to highly complex agencies who use complex technologies, who as agencies, somewhere within, might want to create (like ufo's - which Snowden talks about oddly or tellingly in the above interview) very muddy waters.

Now the Russian's have been good about Snowden being there (which is a strange case to begin with), yet one wonders if they would rather be rid of him?

On the balance of ⚖, (and I'm still open to other data that might change) my impression looks to the Snowden's story and leans to what Irene discusses (Snowden's whole family is historically linked to the Government (including an Admiral) and he plays out his beginnings as a bored youngster who then shifts into the alphabet agencies) - misinformation and a drama to match. Stone's film, although interesting, may further divert information (like he did with JFK in bypassing certain information and alighting with a producer who may have had other goals to redirect) to what some people seem to want see and and not what is.

So, perhaps Snowden is really genuine and maybe not, and if not, is he conscious or unconscious about the narrative of his path?

I started listening to that Joe Rogan episode with Snowden, but not with a critical ear. I didn't really find it that engaging, anyways. Is it worth listening to it in its entirety?

When Snowden said there was no evidence for aliens, I was wondering, "Really?!" Did he not look hard enough, or was everything compartmentalized? And there is unclassified evidence of it so that's a weak argument. He should chat with Bob Lazar or the guy from Blink 182 who supposedly has UFO craft samples.

So, perhaps Snowden is really genuine and maybe not, and if not, is he conscious or unconscious about the narrative of his path?
He's totally conscious of his false path.

When Snowden said there was no evidence for aliens, I was wondering, "Really?!" Did he not look hard enough, or was everything compartmentalized?
He's fake. It shouldn't be surprising or shocking when he says totally false things like that. Stop wasting your time listening to him.

Back
Top Bottom