OP's and suicide

SilverBlack

A Disturbance in the Force
Hello everybody,

Firstly I am new here and hope I have posted in the most appropriate place. I have a special interest in organic portals, mainly because I am surrounded by them, most friends and family are OP's and I have spent many hours of my life in close observation of them. In fact I live with two of them currently.

Just recently I was reading something about the number of suicides every month that we really don't hear about. So I am wondering if Organic Portals ever commit suicide considering they are so spiritually and emotionally limited? Any thoughts welcome.

There is a very long thread here on organic portals, in case you missed it.

As for suicide among OP's, I would never say never, but it would be difficult to really know if they are an OP or just a troubled soul. However, for the failed OP's, psychopaths, I do not think they would commit suicide, unless it were accidental, i.e.) threatened suicide to manipulate someone and accidentally killed themselves.

Anymore, lack of empathy and mechanical actions are rampant in society because of "the system", so spotting an OP is not so easy. Even some medications now create these symptoms, especially anti-anxiety meds and even Tylenol (acetaminophen).

Thanks for your reply. I am learning the ways to discern an OP from a souled human. This is essential for me to get away from them. I have found the best way is to strike up a conversation about things they cannot understand such as esoteric work, conspiracy theory, newer concepts, hell I even share with them my organic portal research! They all respond in the same manner. They go quiet and if I push it they hit the roof and accuse me of being mentally ill and talking mumbo jumbo.

I do not ever accuse anyoe of being an organic portal to their faces - this is how I survive and from what I have been reading here, our ability to discern these beings from souled humans is essential to our ascension goals.

They are not nice characters from my observations and closehand experiences yet I continue to treat them with dignity and respect. I have first hand experience with both Psychopaths and the garden variety and both are in essence the same empty vessel.

Hi SilverBlack,

Lilou said:
There is a very long thread here on organic portals, in case you missed it.

As for suicide among OP's, I would never say never, but it would be difficult to really know if they are an OP or just a troubled soul. However, for the failed OP's, psychopaths, I do not think they would commit suicide, unless it were accidental, i.e.) threatened suicide to manipulate someone and accidentally killed themselves.

I think they could commit suicide under certain circumstances. I seem to remember it was mentioned somewhere here, or maybe in a SOTT radio interview, that psychopaths can and do commit suicide sometimes, although it is indeed rare. This article seems to support that possibility: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/blame-the-amygdala/201212/when-serial-killers-commit-suicide

Serial killers rarely take their own life, even when in police or prison custody, and so it is intriguing when it does occur. To be sure, it is also rare for humans to take their own lives when considering the entire U.S. population; in 2010, there were 38,364 reported suicides from a national population of 308,745,538, or 0.01% (American Foundation for Suicide Prevention). However, a number of characteristics that relate to serial killers appear to directly challenge the notion of taking their own life.

Most serial killers fit the description of a psychopath; they are without conscience, have a very limited capacity for emotion and empathy, and are often tremendously narcissistic. With no conscience the serial killer will not be haunted by what they have done, meaning that they will not feel the huge amount of pain or anguish that those involved in crimes of passion or those in the military could feel after taking a life. Therefore, a guilty conscience is not going to drive them to suicide. A lack of empathy, too, means that they will not recreate and experience the suffering of their victims or their families.

The narcissistic element of psychopathic behavior, however, is intriguing. On the one hand, it is hard to imagine someone who thinks so highly of themselves wanting to end their own life, but on the other hand if environmental and social constraints stem their self-serving desires, then perhaps life becomes not worth living. Ronningstam, Weinberg, and Maltsberger (2008) offer numerous reasons for why a narcissistic personality could be prone to suicide, but one that could be relevant here is the loss of the ideal self-state; the ideal self-state being, “[a conglomeration] of experiences that are desired and associated with a sense of pleasure or positive self-regard.” A departure from this state, then, would cause pain and discomfort.

Psychopaths may be oblivious to a range of emotion, but I think it is true to say that they do experience pleasure and frustration. Like most people in this regard, they are likely to make choices that seek to maximize pleasure and minimize frustration, but unlike most people, psychopaths often have poor impulse control and are often addicted to sex, drugs, and alcohol. In other words, psychopaths crave stimulation, and one reason that has been offered for this is that psychopaths have a low resting heart rate; it has been hypothesized that a low resting heart rate creates an unpleasant sensation, and so the individual seeks stimulation to achieve an optimal or normal level of arousal (Raine & Portnoy, 2012).

If a psychopathic serial killer, therefore, suddenly finds themselves in an environment that will not allow them to seek the kind of pleasure they crave, it is not unreasonable to assume that some may decide to end their own life. This idea is bolstered by the fact that the few serial killers who have committed suicide (usually by hanging) have done so while in police or prison custody: The list includes Harold Shipman, Fred West, and Charles Ray Hatcher. Recently, Israel Keyes, a serial killer wanted for the abduction and murder of Alaskan resident, Samantha Koenig, killed himself while in police custody; he slit his wrist and strangled himself with bedding while in the Anchorage Correctional Facility

There is no way to determine how powerful a person’s impulse is to take their own life, as clearly it can vary with the moment and is dependent on the reasons and drives behind the suicidal thought. These reasons and drives, however, are likely to be different in the suicidal serial killer, because after all, they have a different pathology. Depression is often listed as a primary reason for suicide, but psychopathic serial killers are unlikely to experience depression in the same way that normal people do, because they are emotionally stunted. The closest feeling to depression is probably frustration. The reasons behind serial killer suicide, therefore, should perhaps be studied independently.

The suicide of serial killers is unlikely to meet much compassion, but it should still be taken seriously. As serial killers are incredibly violent and destructive, anything that would allow us to better understand them would be of vital importance, especially if they have crucial information regarding their victims.

Works Cited

Raine, A., & Portnoy, J. (2012). Biology of Crime: Past, Present, and Future Perpsectives. In R. Loeber, & B. Welsh, The Future of Criminology (pp. 30-39). New York: Oxford University Press.

Ronningstam, E., Weinberg, I., & Maltsberger, J. (2008). Eleven Deaths of Mr. K. - Contributing Factors to Suicide in Narcissistic Personalities. Psychiatry, 71(2), 169-182.

SilverBlack said:
I am learning the ways to discern an OP from a souled human

You'll see as you read the forum (and especially the thread about OP's) that it's important not to fall into the trap of "spotting the OP". First, it's only an hypothesis, it has not been proven. Second, a souled person in struggle might be just as destructive, or even more destructive to others than an "OP". Ultimately, what counts is the behaviour of the person, and not so much what she is. It has also been emphasized here that it often takes years of long, detailed and careful observation to consider the possibility - and only the possibility, because there's never any certainty in that domain - that someone might be an "OP". A better way to spend one's time would be to strive to know and improve oneself and one's own relationships with others, which might include removing harmful relationships from one's life (without necessarily labelling those people as "OP'"s, because we just can't know).

I have found the best way is to strike up a conversation about things they cannot understand such as esoteric work, conspiracy theory, newer concepts, hell I even share with them my organic portal research! They all respond in the same manner. They go quiet and if I push it they hit the roof and accuse me of being mentally ill and talking mumbo jumbo.

I think it would be wiser not to try to force feed information to people who don't want to know anything about it - out of respect for their own free will, and for your own protection as well.

I think you are delusional and dangerous if you think you can "spot the OP" in the ways you have described. For all we know, YOU are one.

SilverBlack said:
Thanks for your reply. I am learning the ways to discern an OP from a souled human. This is essential for me to get away from them. I have found the best way is to strike up a conversation about things they cannot understand such as esoteric work, conspiracy theory, newer concepts, hell I even share with them my organic portal research! They all respond in the same manner. They go quiet and if I push it they hit the roof and accuse me of being mentally ill and talking mumbo jumbo.

So, you basically don't consider others but assault them with far-out theories that would push away most sane people who have some common sense. Also, you might want to keep in mind that some of the worst, silly and rudest people are knee-deep into "far out" esoteric theories - this is NOT something to base your judgement of other people on. In fact, in my experience, common sense and the ability to make other people feel comfortable in a situation is a much better yardstick - the opposite of what you are doing when you "strike up a conversation about things they cannot understand". Who in their right mind would do something like this to others?

SilverBlack said:
They go quiet and if I push it they hit the roof and accuse me of being mentally ill and talking mumbo jumbo.

But if you "push it", anyone may say that you are talking mumbo jumbo. This does not say anything about theorized organic portals, but something about you.

It's not good to push. So, best to take a step back and re-examine your assumptions.

About spotting the OP, as so many seem to think they can do, the Cs had this to say in session 020713:

Q: (L) This certainly gives a whole new
meaning to all the experiences we have
had with people like "Frank" and Vincent
Bridges and Terri Burns, Olga and the
rest of the gang! What this means is
that the work of discerning these organic
portals from souled human beings is
CRUCIAL to the so-called ascension
process. Without the basic
understanding of transformation of, and
conservation of energies, there is no
possibility of fusing a magnetic center.
No wonder the Bridges gang and the
COINTELPRO types went bananas while I
was publishing the Adventures Series!
And sheesh! They will go bonkers with
this organic portal stuff! (V) In thinking
back over my life, it seems to me that
my father is certainly one of these
organic portals.
A: Now, do not start labeling without
due consideration. Remember that very
often the individual who displays
contradictory behavior may be a souled
being in struggle.

luc said:
SilverBlack said:

So, you basically don't consider others but assault them with far-out theories that would push away most sane people who have some common sense. Also, you might want to keep in mind that some of the worst, silly and rudest people are knee-deep into "far out" esoteric theories - this is NOT something to base your judgement of other people on. In fact, in my experience, common sense and the ability to make other people feel comfortable in a situation is a much better yardstick - the opposite of what you are doing when you "strike up a conversation about things they cannot understand". Who in their right mind would do something like this to others?

Exactly. This is not the behavior of a person practicing External Considering, or one who I would want on my team or watching my back.

Let me tell you something: I'd rather be hurt by being wrong about someone than to hurt another person because I am wrong. I can get over being hurt by my own stupidity, but I have great difficulty getting over the fact that I have hurt someone else by my stupidity.

SilverBlack said:

Others have said it, but I'll say it again. Probably 95%+ people would react in the exact same way. So your "method" doesn't actually prove anything. It's all confirmation bias.

Rather than focus on the ideas that others are OPs, it would probably be much more healthy to constantly ask oneself: "In what ways do I act like what I think an OP is? What would I need to change about how I interact with others to make myself less of an 'OP'?" At least that way you might learn something about yourself, and become a better person. All you get from "OP spotting" is a never-ending list of people who you think are OPs. What good is that?

We always having internal struggles between light and darkness, and unless after a great battle we choose to align with the energy of the Universe, we will be O.P :oops:

SilverBlack I get the impression that you are still in relatively early stages of your research into OPs and psychopaths. I remember when I first read about these concepts I kept "seeing" OPs and psychopaths pretty much everywhere. That didn't last long though because the more I learned the more doubts I had.

To the point that I consequently spent a decent amount of time wondering whether I myself was an OP. According to the C's, OPs can only (if at all) be discerned through long and careful observation and I can only assess what I see in others through observing my own feelings and thoughts. I cannot know whether other people experience their own emotions in a deeper and much more profound manner than I will ever be able to. We can never feel each other's hearts or hear each other's thoughts in order to be able to compare them with our own. And although I have reasons to suspect that my case isn't entirely hopeless, this truly terrifying thought still from time to time comes back.

I don't know, maybe it's just me but I do get suspicious when I see someone go around confidently labelling other people as psychopaths and OPs, as if it was as easy as telling a cat from a horse. Whilst at the same time your posts show evidence of your own lack of external consideration and a basic ability to give people around you the benefit of the doubt.

SilverBlack said:
(...) I am learning the ways to discern an OP from a souled human. This is essential for me to get away from them. I have found the best way is to strike up a conversation about things they cannot understand such as esoteric work, conspiracy theory, newer concepts, hell I even share with them my organic portal research!

Maybe your conversational style is simply very unengaging and that's why they don't want to talk to you. Or they don't understand what you're trying to say because your way of explaining it is confusing. Well, it doesn't look like people on this forum have bought into the way you've described these concepts, does this make us Organic Portals as well?

SilverBlack said:
I am learning the ways to discern an OP from a souled human.

SilverBlack I used to do the same several years ago. Every time I suspected some acquaintance or friend or relative was probably an OP, the said person said or did something that made me think the opposite; every time I suspected some acquaintance or friend or relative was probably a potentially souled one, the said person said or did something that made me think of her/him the opposite. Conclusion: it is a terribly useless and perjudicial activity. Better to spot which of our attitudes are proper of a soulless one and which ones of a souled one to stop being "OP-like". And spot in others their real needs so that you can be externally considerate, or spot in others their manipulations when the situation requires it.

OK, mixing up suicide with OP's is like pouring water into an empty glass...It happens a lot, like I don't know, but whatever happens in one's head between the ears, we'll never know, unless we discover the common cause of it. In some countries, suicide happens because of poverty and despair among other unspecified gazzilions of individual's reasons.

But, say, if the initial downpour wasn't enough, there goes the tornado that crushes the glass in billions of pieces. Like all living things that exist, we respond to certain external factors in many different ways, and specific cultures and traditions may play a major role in determining if the person decides to put an end to his/her own life. I would like to put the emphasis on suicide rather than defining the person (soulless, souled or otherwise) making the decision, and I believe it can't be an easy decision for any living species populating the earth, or this realm thereof.

Can plants commit suicide? Do wild animals commit suicide too? Do they have feelings, emotions, thoughts, or physical emotional struggles of their own? Can they throw themselves in traffic to get killed, or jump off cliffs, rapids, etc, and why would they do so? What is the primal instinct to survive? Have we lost it already? Can psychopaths commit suicide by a cop (never surrender, fight to the death, right?), or Organic Portals likewise, can they do that? Absolutely! Many kill themselves because they feel like they are a major burden to some extent to society, family, friends etc so they want to cause no more problems and anxiety, or because of illness, depression, lost love, hopelessness, just name it. Remember how in the olden days the bankers used to throw themselves from the high rise buildings had they lost their entire holdings? (but today they jump with golden parachutes)..the samurai's seppuko harakiri old tradition is long gone and yet there is a big problem in Japan addressing the issue as to why so many people decide not live any more in a country where...everything was meant to be perfect, but this sense of perfection smells like...........

This world is known to be a crazy mess, but one never knows why this is happening for certain. Wish I had the answer for any single specific question that the one who committed suicide had asked beforehand making this final decision......

Back
Top Bottom