OP's and suicide

This thread caught my eye because I've noticed a pattern with the victims of psychopaths; that after they are discarded they are often drained to the point of suicide.

I have my own unsubstantiated theories on this subject, but I'll just get my fuzzy bunny butt over to the older thread on OP's linked above.

Thanks to those who replied constructively especially with further references and advice on how to become a better person and I wholly accept the vast amount of criticism at being so confident and quick to decide who is an organic portal and who is not based solely on my own observations and I have indeed read quite often that souled humans can closely compare to OP's. I am humbled by this first lesson in humility and am thankful to have found you.

I was stunned however by certain replies and the vicious character assassination which ensued. Especially those from Laura who can potentially do so much damage as a leading figure. To be labelled by her as an organic portal myself and further dismissing my input as worthless (she wouldn't want me on any team) made me feel like human garbage. I don't think we wil transcend anything with that attitude and air of self importance.

I do not label people as Organic Portals, but I have my reasons for needing to know however after such a hostile start I am glad I haven't divulged anything personal. What a disappointing experience leaving me back out in the cold where I started.

SilverBlack, you said you don't label people as Organic Portals. So what about your first post in this thread?

SilverBlack said:
Hello everybody,

Firstly I am new here and hope I have posted in the most appropriate place. I have a special interest in organic portals, mainly because I am surrounded by them, most friends and family are OP's and I have spent many hours of my life in close observation of them. In fact I live with two of them currently.

Just recently I was reading something about the number of suicides every month that we really don't hear about. So I am wondering if Organic Portals ever commit suicide considering they are so spiritually and emotionally limited? Any thoughts welcome.

Also, you say Laura labelled you as one. In fact, she said:
Laura said:
I think you are delusional and dangerous if you think you can "spot the OP" in the ways you have described. For all we know, YOU are one.

Maybe it's a language thing but "for all we know," as I understand it translates as "you may be one yourself" and NOT "you are one".

Likewise, you say that Laura "doesn't want you on her team." I suggest you read again exactly what she said:
Laura said:
Exactly. This is not the behavior of a person practicing External Considering, or one who I would want on my team or watching my back.

Let me tell you something: I'd rather be hurt by being wrong about someone than to hurt another person because I am wrong. I can get over being hurt by my own stupidity, but I have great difficulty getting over the fact that I have hurt someone else by my stupidity.

Notice she didn't say "this is not a person" but rather "this is not the behavior of a person..." Do you understand the difference?

SilverBlack said:
I don't think we wil transcend anything with that attitude and air of self importance...
...What a disappointing experience leaving me back out in the cold where I started...
At the risk of being labelled as a vicious character assassin, I suggest that it may be your own self importance that is keeping you out in the cold. It seems you were humbled by the nice replies and offended by the "not so nice" ones. FWIW.

SilverBlack,

I had to think a lot about what you have shared on the forum so far. And would like to ask you a couple of questions. You don’t have to answer them, but maybe you would like to think about them for yourself. I often find questions sticking with me and even inspire me to reevaluate my opinion.

As far as I understand you developed your own defense strategy and it made me think that sometime by trying to defend ourselves in certain situations or against people we might fall into the trap of getting overzealous and judgmental, as our fears limit us.

That made me think, what would happen if you would completely avoid the confrontational situations? What would happen with and within you if you would just try to make yourself unavailable to people and situations you don’t trust? What do you feel when you push their buttons? Did you ever not push a button and what difference did you experience? Do any of the reactions of the people who feel offended by you resonates within you? How would you like people to behave towards you and could you imagine to be a mirror that reflects that kind of behavior you wish for? You know, a bit like be the change you would like to see in the world.

I for myself discovered that politeness, just a simple sticking to the rules of social interaction, without feeling overly involved, combined with a good amount of inner distance can be a hell of a tool when interacting with people whose intentions I doubt. It helps avoid being too judgmental too fast and allows for any possible outcome. I like to see actions speak and maybe, if I was wrong in my first assessment of a situation or person I can still get involved and contribute or even help. If I burn all the bridges I set myself on a very lonely path.

I was stunned however by certain replies and the vicious character assassination which ensued. Especially those from Laura who can potentially do so much damage as a leading figure. To be labelled by her as an organic portal myself and further dismissing my input as worthless (she wouldn't want me on any team) made me feel like human garbage. I don't think we wil transcend anything with that attitude and air of self importance.

You´re not grasping the point here. It occurs to me that maybe what you´re looking for has more to do with an intrinsic urge to brush away some kind of deep resentments, which then inevitably further lead to self-hatred feelings, be it because of unfairly treatments from family members or others, like you wrote, or for whichever reason, all of them smacking now pretty much of treachery to you at this point.

It´s true this may be fairly common with many children of narcissistic families, but this doesn´t mean that those damaged children who have been able to voluntarily restore their common sense and self-confidence later on as adults have been successful by just pointing their fingers at the "perpetrators" of their suffering. Any such children know there´s a long and harsh way to go until the healing process takes root.

Now, not all children of narcissistic families chose, or feel the pang to understand their underlying emotional universe in the same way. So far, you seem to project the shortest path you think, at least momentarily, will deliver you some peace by a selective choice of who belongs to OP, although this won´t go without having to pay a fairly huge price, and maybe your conscience already has the answer why this is so. Although this concept may sound alien to you right now, and you even reject it outright, I would ask you to think for a moment how this world would look like if everybody who were to be treated unfairly, be it subjectively or not, -which accounts for a rather high percentage throughout ones life in our modern world state-, started to enforce an inexorable OP label upon people who dared to smash their ego. Would we be living in a peaceful world, under the eye of a sovereign justice, or isn´t this mindset the shortest way to attract even more chaos that there already is?

Edit: I´ve just read Maiko´s comments above, these are very good questions indeed, and practical above all.

SilverBlack said:
Thanks to those who replied constructively especially with further references and advice on how to become a better person and I wholly accept the vast amount of criticism at being so confident and quick to decide who is an organic portal and who is not based solely on my own observations and I have indeed read quite often that souled humans can closely compare to OP's. I am humbled by this first lesson in humility and am thankful to have found you.

I do not label people as Organic Portals, but I have my reasons for needing to know however after such a hostile start I am glad I haven't divulged anything personal. What a disappointing experience leaving me back out in the cold where I started.

It seems rather hypocritical of you to so easily identify and categorize alleged "OPs" but then be so offended when someone suggests that, for all you know, you yourself may be an 'OP'. That suggests you do indeed have a very negative view of 'OPs', despite the fact that the concept is merely that, a concept. So what's the problem. As a psychological exercise and an exercise in humility, it's probably a good idea for every one who comes across this concept and gives it some credence to consider whether they themselves fall into that hypothetical category.

Back
Top Bottom