Osteoporosis

Just to be clear: do you suggest that I take Calcitonin or natural thyroid hormone? Because there are cancer issues with Calcitonin...

There may be issues with using synthetic calcitonin, but your body produces it's own form when your thyroid is functioning properly.
Women have thyroid issues and bone loss more often but it applies to men too.
I'm not going to recommend you take anything but was hoping to give you ideas to look into.

Worldbridger! Hay dude this sucks lemons.🍋🍋🍋
Being a retired chiropractor I can read what has not been written. Bone health is dependent upon how the bones were used vs not used. My first instinct is you have lived a very sedentary life (sitting more than 8hrs/day). If you are otherwise healthy without a calcium-uptake problem then inactivity is the primary cause.

If you are a very active person with severe osteoporosis, than this mean your not feeding your bones enough or you have a calcium-uptake problem.

It is usually one or the other.

Calcium uptake drugs or high vitamin D intake without exercise will add calcium but not strength to the bones like bricks without mortar. Bones need to be challenged to be healthy. Because of your fractures this is not possible but it is the future path.🛣

There may be issues with using synthetic calcitonin, but your body produces it's own form when your thyroid is functioning properly.
Women have thyroid issues and bone loss more often but it applies to men too.
I'm not going to recommend you take anything but was hoping to give you ideas to look into.
👍

Worldbridger! Hay dude this sucks lemons.🍋🍋🍋
Being a retired chiropractor I can read what has not been written. Bone health is dependent upon how the bones were used vs not used. My first instinct is you have lived a very sedentary life (sitting more than 8hrs/day). If you are otherwise healthy without a calcium-uptake problem then inactivity is the primary cause.

If you are a very active person with severe osteoporosis, than this mean your not feeding your bones enough or you have a calcium-uptake problem.

It is usually one or the other.

Calcium uptake drugs or high vitamin D intake without exercise will add calcium but not strength to the bones like bricks without mortar. Bones need to be challenged to be healthy. Because of your fractures this is not possible but it is the future path.🛣
The latter then...

Ok, thanks for all suggestions, both to causes and remedies, appreciate it.

I think that it is necessary in most cases to know the cause in order to remedy a disease, therefore my original post still stands.

I would appreciate a "superhuman knowledge perspective" on the cause(s) to my problems (not just osteoporosis) and maybe a hint on how to remedy them.

Worldbridger

Hi worldbridger,
So, it seems to me you are understanding that this is a "Healing" event, but, it is in a loop, and getting to the "Shock" that started it all is the goal, right?
If you have been experiencing issues for 30 years, as seems to be indicated by this statement;
After 30 years of research I’ve got to my surprise the diagnosis: severe osteoporosis
Then, you know you have changed a lot, in you biology, as well as the life stuff that has happened over the years.
To access and "consciously recall" the "exact initial causes" of the shocks and traumas IS a challenge, but it is very possible to access the information, so don't despair!

Some Biological Shocks that happen to us, shocks and conflicts that start programs of survival can happen so early in our lives, before we are able to talk, and lots of times, before we are even born, as you mentioned here:

yes I'm including the psycho somatic factor in this, and have been for a long time since my issues (not osteoporosis) have been around since more or less birth. It is not just about osteoporosis, but other things as well...

Dr Hamer documented many such case studies, and I have also had some experience with this.
Before I continue:
What I am posting is Research for Entertainment Purposes Only.
I have no authority nor license to give any medical, psychological, or life skills advice, I just have information to share, for entertainment purposes only.

I think that it is necessary in most cases to know the cause in order to remedy a disease, therefore my original post still stands.
This is where I disagree. You may never know the cause, or see it in your "mind's eye" like a memory movie.
You may not be able to consciously "remember" or "know" what happened, but the INFORMATION and all details ARE stored in your Brain, your brain remembers EVERYTHING, it just needs you to offer the instructions.
There are some biological reasons this stuff happens.
For instance, when we change from childhood to a teenager, different chemicals create "artificial locks" on childhood memories.
There is also a theory discussed in GNM, that some of these "Bad or Damaging Memories" are sealed and locked by our own Psyche/Soul, in order to protect us from remembering a Horrible Reality that would hinder us and cause more damage.

I would appreciate a "superhuman knowledge perspective" on the cause(s) to my problems (not just osteoporosis) and maybe a hint on how to remedy them.
I know something you can try.
Using this method has worked wonders and miracles for me, when nothing else could.
I have privately processed and healed many "lifelong" Traumas and issues, similar to your description.
The best part for me, was that once you learn it, and it is EASY, you work on your own.
No Shrinks, no judgmental "Feedback", no machines or tricks.
You don't have to tell anyone else about crap that you did, or was Done to you.
I learned the hard way that being misunderstood and /or explaining perceptions to another, can also be traumatizing and cause more harm to ourselves.

I have also been privy to discussions with "Therapy Professionals" who were in worse shape and had far more twisted personalities than the people they were "supposedly" helping.
So,
We have long been told about "Hands on Healing" in religions, in myths and stories, and I think the C's mentioned it a time or two, as well.
I consider this method pretty close to a "superhuman knowledge perspective", in my opinion.
Here is the thread of info I posted a while ago about TAT.
There is a printable PDF file attached at the bottom, containing all the instructions.
If you do a search for Tapas Fleming on Youtube, there are also many short videos of her discussing different topics and suggestions, and answering questions:

The suggestions below are from the osteoporosis risk factor perspective but they all relate to many other health problems as well. This is not a superhuman knowledge but nevertheless, maybe it will be of help :-)

1. Vitamin C deficiency and low antioxidant status

According to Dr. Thomas Levy, osteoporosis is a focal scurvy (severe vitamin C deficiency) of the bones.
Several factors contribute to an osteoporotic condition, but there is one that is responsible for the lion’s share of calcium loss. It initiates and severely worsens an imbalance in the bone remodeling (absorption-resorption cycle) and it prevents incorporation of calcium into the bone matrix. In clinical terms, the major cause of osteoporosis is a focal scurvy of the bones.

A large body of scientific evidence shows that reversing the focal scurvy improves bone density, reduces fracture risk, and greatly lowers all causes of mortality.

The data indicate an increase in free oxygen radical levels. As a result, antioxidant defenses would compromise in primary male osteoporotic patients. Therefore, it may be suggested that oxidative stress plays an important role in the pathophysiology of primary male osteoporosis.

Free radicals can lead to excessive bone resorption.

2. High homocysteine levels

Homocysteine Levels and the Risk of Osteoporotic Fracture
An increased homocysteine level appears to be a strong and independent risk factor for osteoporotic fractures in older men and women.

Patients with homocystinuria frequently have osteoporosis at a young age with a high incidence of vertebral involvement including biconcavity and flattening.

3. Exposure to heavy metals

Exposure to cadmium and lead was associated with an increased risk of osteopenia or osteoporosis, unlike mercury. Subgroup analyses showed cadmium exposure increased the risk of osteopenia or osteoporosis in older compared with younger adults. Also, lead exposure increased the risk in men unlike in women. By contrast to urinary levels, blood and dietary levels of cadmium were associated with an increased risk of osteopenia or osteoporosis.

Dr. Thomas Levy also links toxicity with osteoporosis. He especially points out the problem of root canals and other dental health practices that can cause toxicity in the body.

4. Food sensitivities

Celiac disease is a risk factor for osteoporosis. Bone mass density can be positively affected by adherence to a gluten-free diet.

Significant increases in bone mineral density even with the two year group

Bone health is notably impaired at baseline in CD patients, especially in those with a diagnostic delay. A GFD modestly improved bone mass density with low impact fractures occurring in one third of patients during the follow up period.

5. Fluoride toxicity

A Brief Account of the Fluoridation And Hip Fracture Problem
All studies of fracture rates relative to long term fluoridation exposure indicate a significant increase in fracture risk from fluoridation. The increased fracture risk due to fluoridation appears to range from 40-100%, depending on the age of the subjects studied.

After doing a search on the forum for "osteoporosis" I found this thread. I had a dexa scan this morning and just received a call from my primary care doctor with the result of osteoporosis. The doc wants me to come in and discuss medication options. She knows I don't like to take drugs which is why I believe she wants me to come in person to try and convince me versus over the phone. My last dexa scan was maybe five years ago and I had osteopenia at that time so I guess I've devolved. :scared: I just had an MRI a couple weeks ago with the result of some nerve damage in S1 and L5 joints, some scoliosis and arthritis, and some bulging of some discs. I see an ortho doc next week for that. It's heck to get old!! ;-)

My question, and perhaps @Gaby might be able to help, is should I take any medication for the osteoporosis and if so, which one is the least evil? I already take vitamin D, E, K, and magnesium, among others. Supposedly I'm at risk for bone fracture if I fall or do anything stupid like that. I've already refused a colonoscopy and cholesterol lowering drugs, and I've had to sign waivers to that effect, and I think I've been flagged as a "difficult" patient cause I won't just swallow pills or go through invasive procedures.

I've thought of letting her give me the script and then just not taking it, but I'd had to pay for it and they'd know that I wasn't taking it when I don't request prescription refills. I think after a while if you keep disregarding the doctor's advice, the insurance company starts getting annoyed with you, and that's a whole other can of worms I don't want to open. :-/

I think after a while if you keep disregarding the doctor's advice, the insurance company starts getting annoyed with you, and that's a whole other can of worms I don't want to open. :-/

I had a doctor "fire" me when I questioned the need for annual mammograms (I was in my early 30s I think). He sent a letter telling me to find another doctor due to philosophical differences! The other crazy thing -- I had never even met this doctor. My exam had been done by a physician's assistant.

My question, and perhaps @Gaby might be able to help, is should I take any medication for the osteoporosis and if so, which one is the least evil?
Tests for osteoporosis are tests I never order. Sayer Ji has done research and published several articles and videos which show how some of them are so unfair because they compare you with young healthy individuals. That means that if you are of a certain older age, the tests will ALWAYS show osteopenia. When people bring these tests from a private practice, and they ask for osteoporosis medications to fight the osteopenia, I can refuse to have the public health care system pay for these drugs based on official guidelines.

So even from a mainstream medicine research point of view, there's no solid proof these medications are worth taking, paying for, etc. Actually, there are several security alerts for several of these drugs. It can make your bones weaker after a few years on them. Our mainstream guidelines are written to help us decide which drugs we can remove so that we can save the public health care system some money. Osteoporosis drugs come right on top in the list among other drugs.

The only situation where I would be open minded of prescribe these drugs is after an osteoporosis fracture. That is, the bones are so severely weak that they break apart even after a minor stress. Even then, you can do several things to prevent having a fracture in the first place. From bone broth to changing your diet and strengthening your muscles with resistance training or yoga (which will then strengthen your bones), optimizing vitamin D levels... There's got to be lifestyle decisions that should help you keep sturdy bones. Chronic inflammation can show as osteoporosis, so all complementary measures and lifestyle choices to help you fight inflammation will be highly helpful.

There seems to be so much unnecessary tests out there that only feeds up unnecessary protocols. The osteoporosis screening tests are one such example.

So even from a mainstream medicine research point of view, there's no solid proof these medications are worth taking, paying for, etc. Actually, there are several security alerts for several of these drugs. It can make your bones weaker after a few years on them. Our mainstream guidelines are written to help us decide which drugs we can remove so that we can save the public health care system some money. Osteoporosis drugs come right on top in the list among other drugs.
Thanks Gaby! I really don't want to take them! Unfortunately, my doctor is VERY mainstream and does not believe there is any problem with medications. There is only one doctor around the area who is into more natural medicine, and she has a patient waiting list so long that people have been on it for years!!

I will have to think of some good way of declining the meds. I also refuse to get any of the vaccines she wants me to take (flu and pneumonia shots, and shingles vaccine). :nuts:

I will have to think of some good way of declining the meds. I also refuse to get any of the vaccines she wants me to take (flu and pneumonia shots, and shingles vaccine).
If it's too much of hassle, just file the prescriptions, but that is a waste of money. The trick is to refuse the test to begin with.

“When I say, ‘Just eat a damn steak and you’ll be fine,’ that offends a lot of people.”
“There’s a lot of people that earn a living by making nutrition complicated,” Baker told me.

While working as an orthopedic surgeon in New Mexico, he began discussing diet with patients suffering from osteoarthritis and other conditions. “I was basically practicing lifestyle medicine instead of strictly performing surgery,” he told me. A dispute with the hospital ensued, and in 2017, Baker was forced to surrender his medical license pending an independent evaluation, which occurred at the end of 2017. “The evaluation said there’s nothing wrong with me. I’m completely competent to practice medicine,” he said. He now lives in California and expects to have his medical license reinstated in February.

Back
Top Bottom