Our paranormal experiences

C

Cleopatre VII

For some time I have been wondering whether to open this thread.

Paranormal phenomena of various nature have been with me since I can remember, but I have always tried to be skeptical about them. When I was a child, my parents had a relatively down-to-earth and dry scientific view of reality. But what they told me contradicted my experience, and I used to say that, however beautiful the theory may be, it fails in the face of empiricism. With all of this, I am a theoretician by nature.

I remember that as a child I noticed a lot of contradiction between the views of mainstream science and my personal experience. Many times I tried to interpret all my paranormal experiences through the prism of the calculus of probability, or I looked for various mental disorders in myself.

My first break with skepticism was when I was 10 years old. Only the material object that appeared before my eyes was for me something that convinced me that, as I said then, "there is something beyond ...".

And since then, it has been a very important event for me. I couldn't forget it. This is where metaphysics met physics. I felt that there was something in this world that I cannot understand and explain. This time, however, the issue was so obvious that I could no longer explain it by any coincidence. The suspicion of mental illness somewhat remained, but the problem was that as I grew up, my experiences began to be noticed by others who seemed to confirm that it was something out of the ordinary.

Unusual events accompany me every day. Today, however, I would like to share one of the stories that took place last week.

Before dawn I dreamed of an old lady lying in a coffin. After a while I woke up, I could hardly move and the same Lady was standing over my bed.

She gave me her first and last name, the names of her daughters, said, among other things, that she wrote poems, gave the title of the last poem she wrote and asked me to tell her daughters at the earliest opportunity that she knew that they loved her very much. In her opinion, the next occasion was to be Friday, November 19. Then there was going to be a mass for her or a funeral (I wasn't sure about that). The lady claimed that she belonged to the church at which the high school where I teach is located.

I did not know exactly what to do in this situation, but I had similar stories before, the details of which were often confirmed or were not changed much.

Therefore, I asked the priest from the aforementioned church about this person and information she provided. These details were confirmed and therefore I had the opportunity to talk to the daughters of this lady.

I told them about the details I had been given that turned out to be familiar to them. They were surprised by this fact, but believed me.

A few moments ago (while writing this post) I received a call from the older daughter of this Lady. She told me that she was just in her mother's apartment and had indeed found a poem with the title I had given. Her mother died in the hospital, she lived alone, so no one could see the poem before. She wrote it two days before her death.

I am also very curious about your experiences and hypotheses about them. I am also interested in all theories and possible explanations.

Personally, I am still somewhat skeptical, but I hope you will help me understand this matter better.

Wow that’s fascinating!!!

I can’t say I had an encounter like THAT; I had a ghost encounter of a simple kind - just seeing/encountering one.

What you describe is, IMO, a Medium kind of experience.

I have none experience like that so I leave further how-to to someone more experienced.

But I saw in recommend books thread
Thread 'Recommended Books: List and Guide'
a book on Mediums, it’s under: 17. Esotericism and Parapsychology, so you might check that whole section.
I.e. there is a book:
Book on Mediums - Allen Kardec

Others might have more suggestions but also before more encounters please watch (if you haven’t already)

I think it’s very important that you know these things and how to handle this experiences.

Good luck!

Before dawn I dreamed of an old lady lying in a coffin. After a while I woke up, I could hardly move and the same Lady was standing over my bed.

She gave me her first and last name, the names of her daughters, said, among other things, that she wrote poems, gave the title of the last poem she wrote and asked me to tell her daughters at the earliest opportunity that she knew that they loved her very much. In her opinion, the next occasion was to be Friday, November 19. Then there was going to be a mass for her or a funeral (I wasn't sure about that). The lady claimed that she belonged to the church at which the high school where I teach is located. ... I am also very curious about your experiences and hypotheses about them. I am also interested in all theories and possible explanations.
I think it depends on your perspective and background. In the Western "scientific" culture which insist on material proof, "after life" is a taboo.

In some Eastern cultures ( where science is just another means to understand reality - visible or not, believed or not), it is firmly believed there is a "after life" ( karma and so on), recently dead (I mean few weeks) may communicate with living through what ever the means they have - animal synchronous behavior, dreams and through receptive psychics etc. In this specific case, her children may not have receptive( or believed), so the dead might have used dreams to you as a means to reach them. It looks to me that "person in coffin" dream symbology for you to easily recognize. There a is "experience" component ( depending on once belief's) to all the people involved including yourself. What is your experience from it?

That's interesting Cleopatre, I've had a few crazy dreams but never experienced anything like that. I remember as a child I used to hear someone call my name at night. My mother said it was Jesus calling for me, and I believe I chose to get baptized shortly after. As for my hypothesis of how it happened, I have no idea! I agree with seek10's interpretation, that it all depends on our personal receptivity. If something was communicating with me, perhaps it knew how it could get me to listen.

Personally, I am still somewhat skeptical, but I hope you will help me understand this matter better.

It makes sense that those who have recently passed away would want to check up on their loved ones. If they can find someone receptive to communicate with then they might take up that opportunity. It sounds plausible to me and I don't think it's so unusual. Although in such a material world I think most people would refuse to believe it's possible and block themselves off from that experience.

The culture and philosophy of the East have always interested me. During my philosophical studies, I independently studied elements of Eastern philosophy. What is particularly attractive to me from a methodological point of view is the complete difference of fundamental concepts such as ontology and epistemology.

In Western philosophy there is an important distinction between being and its cognition. Some German philosophers (Kant, Hegel, Husserl) tried to blur these differences, but due to the Western discourse it was, in a way, an artificial procedure. In Eastern philosophy, the interpenetration of being and its cognition is something natural and it is difficult to even put it into words when we speak any European language.

I think it is worth reading, for example, the studies on the Vedas. They show an incredibly different approach to the one we know. This is remarkable and it widens the perspective.

There a is "experience" component ( depending on once belief's) to all the people involved including yourself. What is your experience from it?

In my opinion, symbolism appears almost always in our various visions or experiences. Depending on what we believe, we see certain manifestations of reality. We tune to the frequency that we are able to receive. This inherent frequency depends precisely on our beliefs, the culture in which we grew up, and our personality.

My beliefs are something like this: I am not a believer in the sense that I do not profess any particular religion. Nevertheless, or maybe because of that, I am currently a third year student of theology. I am interested in theology, among other things, because Christianity has had a huge impact on our culture and philosophy. A person brought up in Western culture, even if he or she is not a Christian, is generally to some extent imbued with a tradition that goes back thousands of years. It is similar with people brought up in other cultures, who were created on the basis of old traditions and beliefs. Hence it is natural that there is some symbolism.

It is difficult for me to give specific examples of symbols now, but I remember, for example, a dream about the lights going out in my grandmother's house. A few days later, my grandmother died. Dirty water also appeared in my dreams from time to time. It always symbolized some misfortune. Another symbol for me was the stars falling from the Christmas tree. They symbolized the loss of something important to me. Before important exams (usually diploma defenses), I often dreamed that I was playing a difficult piano part in front of a commission. I woke up when I managed to play it flawlessly. I also have dreams about individual modes of transport. Each of them symbolizes something else and I am also aware of it.

If something was communicating with me, perhaps it knew how it could get me to listen.
Yes, it is a kind of dedication.

Although in such a material world I think most people would refuse to believe it's possible and block themselves off from that experience.
I have the impression that many people are displacing their experiences that do not match their view of reality. This is where a lot of psychological effects are involved.

I myself used to try to explain everything that happens to me as "rationally" as possible. I wrote down many of these experiences, but I always looked for the most ordinary explanation possible. As mentioned above, only the appearance of a material object in front of my eyes made something in me burst. It was too much for me, especially since it was not a random item, but something that was important to me and that I was intensely searching for. Before that, I lost this item and I suffered a lot because of it.

This was the point where empiricism contradicted the theory. So I decided that the theory needed to be changed.

A person has asked you for help and you have helped.

Your "knowledge" has led you not to "dismiss" your experience as just another dream.

Maybe in another time you would have been "scared" and upon "waking up" you would have said: "What a strange dream!" .. And that's it. You would go on with everyday life.

I say this extrapolating from my own experiences, perhaps in your case or in that of others it would not be so.

What is certain is that you have had an impact on the lives of that lady's family.

Perhaps you are concerned about the free will of these people, by giving them evidence of something supernatural in nature. However, I get the impression that the experience has "flowed", it has happened. One thing has led to another.

It's all lessons, right?

Quand j'ai perdu ma petite MAMAN le 7 mars 2015, j'ai eu des manifestations de sa part pendant plusieurs moi, ma radio se mettait en route toute seule, (poste de radio offert par ma Maman plusieurs années avant) à plusieurs reprises, les robinets d'eau sur mon évier s'ouvraient également seuls à plusieurs reprises, mon climatiseur s'est mit en marche seul, une fois et enfin la dernière c'était un NOËL et je pleurai tellement, tellement Elle me manquait, ma lampe de chevet tout à côté de moi s'est allumée et éteinte, une fois... Je n'ai plus eu de manifestation de puis mais Maman est dans mes prières et pensées chaque jour... J'ai la conviction que c'était Maman et lui en suis tellement reconnaissante, Elle était cartésienne et prétendait ne pas croire à "tout cela" mais ses actes prouvent que maintenant Elle le sait...

When I lost my little MOMAN on March 7, 2015, I had manifestations from her for several months, my radio would turn on by itself, (radio set given to me by my Mom several years before) several times, the water faucets on my sink would also turn on by themselves several times, my air conditioner turned on by itself, once and finally the last one was a CHRISTMAS and I cried so much, so much I missed her, my bedside lamp right next to me turned on and off, once. .. I have not had any manifestation since then but Mom is in my prayers and thoughts every day... I have the conviction that it was Mom and I am so grateful to her, she was a Cartesian and pretended not to believe in "all this" but her actions prove that now she knows...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I have never had this kind of experiences. Just materializations and dematerializations, the most significant was materialization of the clone (second copy) of the Florida Blood Services cap. The significance of this event is still a puzzle. Yet even if I did not experience communicating with "other realms" myself, I know for sure that this happens, and I have studied the literature extensively, even wrote a (yet unpublished) book about paranormal. In my opinion science MUST address these questions seriously. This is, in my opinion, the first priority. But how to do it? Can physics be of any help? The concept of densities (the degree of being "material"), of subtle realities, extra dimensions, entanglements, should be the starting point. Right now I am playing with photons and neutrinos - massless wavicles (as opposite to "particles"), that is what I am interested in, having in mind paranormal.
In the particular case of the experience described at the beginning of this thread what strikes me most i s the exactness of the information. Such an exact information including details that could not be known to the receiver, even on the subconscious level, is most significant. Probability calculus can't be used in such cases. These things do happen and as long as science is trying to ridicule these events, one can only feel pity for such a "science".

I have never had this kind of experiences. Just materializations and dematerializations, the most significant was materialization of the clone (second copy) of the Florida Blood Services cap. The significance of this event is still a puzzle.

Oh how weird! I'd missed or forgotten reading about this ( found mention of it here: Session 18 May 2019 ).. I had a similar thing happen once, in 1998 or so.. strangely it was also with a free promotional item - a pen, one of those ones with a company's name printed on the side they sometimes give you, from a mechanic I'd taken my car to once. It wasn't a treasured item or anything, just the pen I always kept in my bag at the time. Standard retractable ballpoint pen made of white plastic with a red clicky bit, with 'Nightcliff Auto Repairs' or something printed on the side, and a little car logo. I was attending night school and lent the pen to the lady sitting next to me... then awhile later, took the pen out of my bag to write something... then at the end of the class, the lady returned my pen. When I went to put it away, realised, and pulled out the now 2nd copy of the same pen, well...was a bit freaked out. I was absolutely sure I'd only ever had one. I called it a demon pen and jokingly flung it across the room (hey I was 17).. So odd! I did retrieve it and kept both pens in my bag until they eventually ran out of ink... didn't really think too much about it after the first moment of shock..

Yet even if I did not experience communicating with "other realms" myself, I know for sure that this happens, and I have studied the literature extensively, even wrote a (yet unpublished) book about paranormal.
What is your book about? Why is it not published yet and when are you going to publish it?

Just materializations and dematerializations, the most significant was materialization of the clone (second copy) of the Florida Blood Services cap.
I had a very similar story. Also with a cap and also from Florida. Once, a friend gave me a gift - a cap with the words "Miami Beach". After a year or two, I found two such caps in the wardrobe, although I know I only had one. Such stories have happened to me many times.

Hi Cleopatre VII,

Thank you for starting such an interesting thread and sharing your fascinating experience.

My first break with skepticism was when I was 10 years old. Only the material object that appeared before my eyes was for me something that convinced me that, as I said then, "there is something beyond ...".

Coincidentally it was about the same age when I was also given good reason to believe there was much more to the world, though in this instance more physical than 'material'.

Although nearly 40 years ago, still remember vividly a time when my mother and step-father had taken me out to a pine forest to ride an off road motorcycle and being the 'good old days' there was no helicopter parenting back then, such that I was miles away from anyone when I found myself exploring a new track and boys being boys, this was done at full speed. Reveling in the simple freedom and thrill of it all, a high sand bank soon loomed in front of me and although entirely ignorant of what lay on the other side, I decided to attack it with every ounce of speed that could be wrung out of the little 75cc Honda. Then with throttle pinned and engine screaming, just as I was about to crest this fantastic 'jump', the word 'NO' rang out in my right ear with such force to not only propel me sideways straight off the seat but also knock the bike onto its side - still in gear and back wheel spinning!

Entirely shocked by the unexpected change in trajectory, after eventually getting up, dusting myself off and killing the engine. I walked to the top of the rise where my stomach lurched, the elevated view revealing a 10 metre drop into a very shallow and brackish irrigation drain which, if not fatal, would certainly have caused pretty significant injury if my blind charge hadn't been interrupted...

And apart from the undeniable 'force' of the warning, I still think the most extraordinary element was how very 'clearly' it was heard! Taking into consideration the intense concentration on what I was doing, that the engine was screaming AND that I was wearing a thick padded helmet - reckon I could have ridden straight past a roaring T-Rex and would have neither seen or heard a thing!

With my father having died while I was still a baby (fishing accident in the deep ocean), thinking back on it now I realise too that not for one moment was I fearful about the experience - just figured it was 'him' :-)

J'avais 20 ans mon ami poussait la poussette de ma petite fille 2 ans, je l'amusais en me cachant dans les portes cochères et en lui faisant peur, Nadège éclatait de rire à chaque fois... La prochaine porte était entrebâillée et j'allais m'y introduire quand j'ai senti la main de Dieu me retenir, sans cela c'était un trou noir à pic, je serai tombée de je saurai jamais de combien de mètres... Je suis devenue toute pâle d'après mon ami, j'étais sidérée et ce souvenir m'est resté toute ma vie avec cette certitude que j'avais été sauvée car mon heure n'était pas venue... Ce sentiment et cette poussée de la main divine je la ressens encore à chaque fois que j'y pense...

I was 20 years old, my friend was pushing the stroller of my 2 years old daughter, I was amusing her by hiding in the doorways and scaring her, Nadège burst out laughing each time... The next door was ajar and I was going to introduce myself there when I felt the hand of God to retain me, without that it was a black hole with a sheer, I would have fallen I will never know of how many meters... I became very pale according to my friend, I was stunned and this memory remained with me all my life with this certainty that I had been saved because my hour had not come... This feeling and this push of the divine hand I still feel it every time I think about it...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Back
Top Bottom