Переводы материалов (translations of materials)

Possibility of Being said:
Siberia said:
Okay, let's discuss strategy at yahoo. Is there a special thread for this or shall we start one? If we shall start a new thread there, how about "[Russian] Translation priorities for Russian part of website" title so that everyone could find it there and join the discussion?

Also, I've finished with my translation and ready to start a new one, so I need your guidance as to priorities please.

Go for it, Siberia. And I'll answer your question in that thread. Have you uploaded your translation to our data base? If not, could please do it? If you send a brief intro post to the group, you'll get a welcome message with how-to. You can also read it in replies to other new members.

Done. I've started the thread at yahoo and wait for your replies, thanks. I posted my brief intro post there on May 24th 2014, under westsiberia nickname.

I've attached my translation here, because I couldn't find anyone registering session translations at yahoo (I've noticed that other language translators post their session translations here on the forum, probably due to the fact that sessions are of minor priority as compared to book and SoTT translations). Minor or not, if anyone is interested to read it, here it is, fwiw. :)

Attachments

• Session May 17th 2014_RUS.docx
    34.8 KB · Views: 7
Siberia said:
I agree, the Glossary is also very important, it is an integral part of the Wave, so to speak. Maybe if you wish to help with translations, but as you say you don't have much time and practise, you could translate short Glossary articles for us sometimes for example?

Anyway, I think anyone willing to help is welcome to join the yahoo group, especially members of the Dreamland team because of their vast experience in this Work.

Yes, it makes sense. There are more time-sensitive tasks (e.g. SOTT articles) and less time-sensitive. Even if you can't do much on a daily basis, you can pick little things, like glossary entries for example, and do it step by step as time allows. As long as you keep in touch with your team and they are being updated regularly on what you're doing (or not doing), that's perfectly OK.

I mean it's difficult for me to discuss with members in english, also translate me thoughts in english takes much time for me. Translate texts, articles(even large) and talk with you-very different things. I want to say that i can translate not only short\little articles as glossary. :cool: Keep it in minds.

We had a little discussion with Laura earlier today and she suggested for us to put up on the Cass website all your translated material, whether it has been proof read by a group member or not. In the latter case, it should go with a disclaimer stating exactly that. But if you want to make your work better, she will understand if it takes a little longer.

I'm a bit hesitant about the idea since I do care a lot about accuracy and quality of my and our team's translations (I'm not a professional by any means), so I'd like to ask you what you think about that. Do you think the level of your work represents Laura and her work? Do you care about it? Perhaps you have better and a bit worse translations and you could pass the better ones while proofreading the other before passing them to us? Any other ideas about how best to make it happen?

Very good news, thank you for share this! I think that qualify multi-language-members could proof read translations gradually. We're all consider that accuracy of translates most important and priority thing.
I can't declare it without doubts, but i know that dreamland team translate articles with 3 or more checks by other translators. The translations don't transforms to literary or art style. The translates are direct. I general, i think that our translates represent Laura and her work without distortions. Moreover we understand responsibility even for unawereness distortion. Our purpose to keep sense and not to change the text , because it may contain a lot of interesting and hide sense. I'm appericate the work and Work and try to bring the contribution in this work that way, which possible for me with the useful result for all.

I think we can do it steb by step with whole translated material. We're could put it up on the Cass forum and check proofread/check it with members(multi-languge) which have time. Or discuss some moments in original text(for better translation) with a yahoo-group.

Excuse me for a "curve" statement :D

Siberia said:
I've attached my translation here, because I couldn't find anyone registering session translations at yahoo (I've noticed that other language translators post their session translations here on the forum, probably due to the fact that sessions are of minor priority as compared to book and SoTT translations). Minor or not, if anyone is interested to read it, here it is, fwiw. :)

thanks, Sibera !i wiil read it now. Also, there are 17 may session on the dreamland forum )

Keit said:
Lumiere_du_Code said:
I translated on Russian language the article from SOTT Democracy murdered by protest - Ukraine falls to intrigue and violence

(duplicated here also attached a translation in an article about Ukraine)

It was posted here: http://rusott.wordpress.com/
That's a new blog (at the moment in an experimental mode and still requires tweaking), where we are going to post all the translated SOTT articles and more. The whole idea still needs thinking through, but the gist of it, that it's going to be an opportunity for Russian speakers on this forum to contribute not only by translating, but also by spreading the articles on the Russian web and social networks, like Живой журнал and Вконтакте. Also, a Facebook page for the blog will be made. Then, and if we will have enough people who would like to help out, we will create a team of people, who will be able to post both on the blog and the FB page (after networking on the forum, of course). We will post not only the translated articles (after the proofreading and such), but also interesting videos, articles from others sources, etc. But also, only after networking about it on the forum first.

Beside that, all the translated material that is related to the Cassiopaea site will continue to be posted there.

As I said, this idea still requires some preparation time, but if you would like to participate, please mention here. Thanks.

How can I contribute to rusott? Is it possible to create a Russian section on Sott?

Altair said:
How can I contribute to rusott? Is it possible to create a Russian section on Sott?

Sure you can contribute! I sent you an invite to your e-mail. The blog, as you can see, is for various interesting videos and articles, nothing major. Just add what ever you find appropriate. For now I noticed that most of the visitors read articles about smoking, particularly about "the black lungs myth".

As for having Russian section on SOTT, it's also a great idea, but we probably would need more than two dedicated editors for that to work. Maybe others would now be willing to help? Because that would be the best solution.

Keit said:
Altair said:

Sure you can contribute! I sent you an invite to your e-mail. The blog, as you can see, is for various interesting videos and articles, nothing major. Just add what ever you find appropriate. For now I noticed that most of the visitors read articles about smoking, particularly about "the black lungs myth".

As for having Russian section on SOTT, it's also a great idea, but we probably would need more than two dedicated editors for that to work. Maybe others would now be willing to help? Because that would be the best solution.

Great blog Keit! I somehow totally missed it, never saw it before, my bad. I've read a couple of interesting articles re diet recently: about the benefits of pork fat and about the dangers of carbs. Maybe we could add them with our comments in the similar way as on SoTT, what do you think?

Siberia said:
Great blog Keit! I somehow totally missed it, never saw it before, my bad. I've read a couple of interesting articles re diet recently: about the benefits of pork fat and about the dangers of carbs. Maybe we could add them with our comments in the similar way as on SoTT, what do you think?

Sure! If you want, you can send me your e-mail over PM, and I'll add you too. Or maybe, if we now will have enough people, we may ask SOTT peeps to give us own own Russian SOTT, and then I think it could allow other Russian speaking members here to contribute and write comments!

Keit said:
Siberia said:

Sure! If you want, you can send me your e-mail over PM, and I'll add you too. Or maybe, if we now will have enough people, we may ask SOTT peeps to give us own own Russian SOTT, and then I think it could allow other Russian speaking members here to contribute and write comments!

Wow! The things is moving! I'm also want to participate in this project and contibute to SOTT\network. There are many of intresting articles in russian internet, even translated articles which had been posted on SOTT and we could put them on ru_sott.
For example aftershock.su good source. FWIW
I'm really glad that the ways for contributing is appeared more and more!

Keit said:
Altair said:

As far as I know the Greek section of Sott is managed only by two editors. We could be four if Siberia and s-kur would like to help us.

s-kur said:
Keit said:
Siberia said:

Wow! The things is moving! I'm also want to participate in this project and contibute to SOTT\network. There are many of intresting articles in russian internet, even translated articles which had been posted on SOTT and we could put them on ru_sott.

Yeah, but what I really miss on Russian internet are articles about psychopathy and ketogenic diet.

And I think that Sott (and not a separate blog) is a better solution since it's much better collaboration platform with many useful tools than wordpress. And if we are four now should we ask Scottie about Russian Sott?

Altair said:
s-kur said:
Keit said:
Siberia said:

Yeah, but what I really miss on Russian internet are articles about psychopathy and ketogenic diet.

On the lchf.ru there are several useful articles in Russian about diet. Editors is going a little different way(paleo diet), but it's not B&W and crucial information avaliable there.
What about psychopats...The information that was being found and gathered on runet space locates here http://dreamland-exit.info/arhive/arxiv.html

Keit said:
Siberia said:

Sent my e-mail over PM. :)

Russian SoTT is a great idea, looking forward to contribute to it.

Siberia said:

Cool, sent you and s-kur invitations. Don't know if you know WordPress interface, but it should be pretty straight forward. If you need any help, just ask. And yeah, I hope that eventually we will all work together on Russian SOTT. This blog is just temporary. Maybe we could add categories there, organize it a bit. Feel free to suggest things.

Keit said:
Siberia said:

Cool, sent you and s-kur invitations. Don't know if you know WordPress interface, but it should be pretty straight forward. If you need any help, just ask. And yeah, I hope that eventually we will all work together on Russian SOTT. This blog is just temporary. Maybe we could add categories there, organize it a bit. Feel free to suggest things.

I've posted both articles at the WordPress blog and highlighted the most important info. If you find any failures, please let me know to correct them. :)

s-kur said:
Но, вот, если у меня нет возможности довольно часто как общаться на форуме, так и принимать участие в работе на ресурсе sott translate -имеет ли смысл подавать заявку для командной работы?

Yes, it makes sense. There are more time-sensitive tasks (e.g. SOTT articles) and less time-sensitive. Even if you can't do much on a daily basis, you can pick little things, like glossary entries for example, and do it step by step as time allows. As long as you keep in touch with your team and they are being updated regularly on what you're doing (or not doing), that's perfectly OK.

We had a little discussion with Laura earlier today and she suggested for us to put up on the Cass website all your translated material, whether it has been proof read by a group member or not. In the latter case, it should go with a disclaimer stating exactly that. But if you want to make your work better, she will understand if it takes a little longer.

I'm a bit hesitant about the idea since I do care a lot about accuracy and quality of my and our team's translations (I'm not a professional by any means), so I'd like to ask you what you think about that. Do you think the level of your work represents Laura and her work? Do you care about it? Perhaps you have better and a bit worse translations and you could pass the better ones while proofreading the other before passing them to us? Any other ideas about how best to make it happen?

I have already posted about it here:

Lumiere_du_Code said:
Keit said:
Chu said:
I find it sad that even though people translate with good intentions, they don't take the precaution of asking beforehand, and being part of our team, where we can network, check on each other, etc. For a long time now, we have been wanting to have much more material in Russian, and even a Russian SOTT page! But the Russian speaking team is so small that we can't do it. If all those people got together, we'd be doing a lot more, and with better quality by now. :( Maybe it's possible one day.

Yes, unfortunately we can't quite organize into a team. There were several attempts, and each time different people expressed their frustration regarding things not moving or not happening, and it would work for a short while and then would stop again. So the problem so far hasn't been lack of people, as Dreamland site is enough proof that there are people who are willing and have time to translate and publish, but the problem is doing it here and with this team. Not sure what exactly the main problems are (maybe Dreamland peeps can share at least some of them), but it seems that language barrier is only one of them.

The point is, that in order to become a team, we not only need to work together, but also work together on this forum. And this what has been missing when it comes to Russian speaking members. There ARE members, who are not only helping but also active on the forum, and it shows, and with them there are no problems what so ever when it comes to having results and translations whenever they are needed. We work well and smoothly together. And as far as I know, some of them were and maybe are still Dreamland members. It seems that it all comes down to a personal choice and personal commitment.

It's true that we don't have at the moment many people who will be able to check all the wealth of already translated material and publish/upload it to the Cass site. But it could change if more Russian speaking people would show the same level of commitment as others, so we would know them better and develop better understanding and trust. It's all pretty normal and understandable in any community.

So yeah, we are very grateful for the help, and hope that we can all eventually work together here on this forum.

I still do not fully understand what is the problem here.
There already have at least three people to coordinate translations: s-kur, me and guy who translated most of materials for Dreamland. Keit could be easily expound to us exactly what is needed. even if to check is only one translation per week, it is though something, the case will move. we translate - and Keit, Siberia or anyone else - check it. what else there "obstacles"? we regularly read forum, writing replies, etc. Of course, we need a little more time on this, because English is not our native, and therefore, we at this time is less are covering less information than you. but if you do not trust us to check translations, and you want new members to a group of Russian-speaking translators, what to do? seems I'm a little confused.

with regard to the quality and accuracy about translations, I always try to carefully match the original source, to keep meaning of material. the only complex fragments are all kinds of idioms, slang, abbreviations and expressions which in Russian language should be selected analogues, and this too I'm doing, searching in the net for many resources the values of these expressions / phrases, repeatedly checking, etc., and about things that may not be clear, I ask here on forum.
Further, I give my translations to evaluate to Axxel (translator from Dreamland), and he sends me his version of translations - and we share our impressions and to correct each other. I believe that in our translations is not gag (own conjectures and / or changes in content) or distortion of essence of told, but to judge it, of course, to you. so I will briefly expressed own understanding of situation. and, as already written s-kur, "if translated material is doomed to remain unrecognized, let will be so", - we'll just translate it for themselves and those people who are reading this on Dreamland and our other websites.

what I want to pay attention - to translate from English into Russian is easier than vice versa, because the Russian language is "deeper" / multi-faceted, in my opinion (I was a lot of "digging" about it and doing complex transfers to so to say). when I make my answer, English translation greatly simplifies whole essence of what is present in "original version" (in Russian), it is true. Well, it is a matter of a separate discussion, but nevertheless, translated from English into Russian is definitely easier.
that's why my posts on forum look "crookedly", since I self taught (at school I had a German), and many of the rules of correct constructing sentences in English language I dont know - but it totally applies to English-speaking people, if they to build their answers and translate them into Russian :cool: but we (local Russian-speaking users) anyway interested in materials and information, so we are gradually improving our level of proficiency of a foreign language.

I am ready to join a group of translators, too, if there is an online registration (I'm not sure that in Ukraine will reach the post letter, and more that the Ukrainian post will deliver my answer - it is absolutely terrible service).
my thoughts that I can not understand: in fact there is a huge amount of translated materials into Russian, and every time someone says that it is all done in vain, and the like, SO why no one still can not just check these translations and assess their quality? if some of them do not satisfy you, we can do to fix them, and those which are well translated, can be placed in the Russian section of website. but it does not. and it confuses me: why?
I repeat that, at least personally I do priority on preserving the meaning, which is present in original, thus giving my translations to test by more experienced and knowledgeable people, and it is better to spend some more time on it to get the most accurate results.
I also want to note such important thing as mentality, perception of language and things by different ethnic groups / nations. and it also plays a role in the translation process. We do this by considering this feature mentality - again - trying to preserve the original meaning. I can very clearly see the differences between translated sessions and other materials, made a few years ago by some people, and translations are done recently - difference in quality is obvious.

just everything that is necessary - is that someone of you supervised a group of Russian-speaking translators and appreciate our works. that's all.
if there is something else that I did not catch, tell me about it.

and yeah, I'd like to know where / who to send translations to check?

Back
Top Bottom