Poland

What were a bunch of Israeli students doing outside a Warsaw nightclub ... at 5 AM on a Saturday morning ... to get beat up "by a group of Arab's"? I don't know about Poland but in the U.S. - all Bar's-restaurants-Nightclub's are closed by 2 AM - by Law? These bunch of Israeli's (students) sound more like they were looking "for a problem" and now are "complaining" because they got hurt?

Poland's foreign ministry condemns attack on Israeli students
September 8, 2019 - Poland's foreign ministry on Sunday condemned violence against a group of Israeli students beaten at a Warsaw nightclub early on Saturday, following criticism that Polish leaders are not doing enough to denounced anti-Semitism.

Earlier this year, the World Jewish Congress condemned the burning of an effigy of Judas in the Polish town of Pruchnik and hundreds of far-right supporters marching in Warsaw against a U.S. law on restitution of Jewish property seized during or after World War Two.

Poland was home to one of the World's biggest Jewish communities before it was almost wiped out by Nazi German occupiers
who set up death camps such as Auschwitz on Polish soil.

“(The Polish ministry of foreign affairs) condemns acts of aggression carried out by or against foreigners in Poland. The matter of the beating of (Israeli) citizens by foreigners on Polish territory is being clarified by the police...,” Poland’s ministry of foreign affairs said in a tweet published on Sunday.

The group of Israeli's were attacked around 5 AM on Saturday a spokesman for the Warsaw police told Reuters, adding that two of those attacked were hospitalized while four in total were injured.

“We noticed some pushing and shoving, and from the window we heard cursing,” Yotam Kashpizky, one of the students who was attacked, told Israel’s Channel 13 TV on Sunday, adding that his nose and eye socket were broken.

Kashpizky’s twin brother, Barak, condemned the attack in a Facebook post on Sunday, adding that the attack was carried out by a "group of Arabs'.

The police spokesman did not confirm the nationality of the attackers.

What were a bunch of Israeli students doing outside a Warsaw nightclub ... at 5 AM on a Saturday morning ... to get beat up "by a group of Arab's"? I don't know about Poland but in the U.S. - all Bar's-restaurants-Nightclub's are closed by 2 AM - by Law? These bunch of Israeli's (students) sound more like they were looking "for a problem" and now are "complaining" because they got hurt?

Hi Angrlburst! In Poland you can have open your nightclub whatever long you want ;) However it was late (or early?;)) and I wonder how this situation looked like. I would like to see the cctv if there were some. I would bet that they were drunk and provoked or were provoked by this other group. For sure some kinky Male domination stuff..

Hi Angrlburst! In Poland you can have open your nightclub whatever long you want ;) However it was late (or early?;)) and I wonder how this situation looked like. I would like to see the cctv if there were some. I would bet that they were drunk and provoked or were provoked by this other group. For sure some kinky Male domination stuff..

I concur what Gruchaa said, if this was a night out then it isn't unlikely the party was still on that night. Many - if not most - clubs in Warsaw are open until 5am and many people go to grab a bite to eat when they close.

I do wonder if those guys just showed an attitude someone didn't appreciate and they got beaten up. Self-control isn't most people's strength at 5am on a Saturday morning.

September 8, 2019 - Poland's foreign ministry on Sunday condemned violence against a group of Israeli students beaten at a Warsaw nightclub early on Saturday, following criticism that Polish leaders are not doing enough to denounced anti-Semitism.

Israel on the other hand is doing whatever it can to make sure Polish people are considered absolute anti-Semites by Israelis. Apparently their Ministry of Education wants to introduce compulsory classes on Polish anti-Semitism for Israeli travel guides.

We can not raise our children on manipulation and lie – said Bennett, who is the leader of the right-wing Jewish home. The minister described the joint statement by the prime ministers of Morawiecki and Netanyahu with "a compromise full of lies". He also declared that he would not learn about this document at Israeli schools.

Bennett also decided to include in the training of Israeli school refugee guides, a module on the treatment of Jews by Poles during World War II. During the training, the guides will learn about how Poles treated Jews before, during and after the war cooperation with the Nazis, issuing Jews to the Germans or murder of Jews is carried out by the Poles. On the other hand, also the righteous among the nations' activities in the module are included.

So far, similar education has not been mandatory in Israel. "Many poles helped the Nazis and murdered Jews during the Holocaust. This is an undisputed fact" says Bennett for the Ynet News portal. – This truth will be forwarded to Israeli students so that they have a deep knowledge of what has happened to Polish soil, the largest Jewish cemetery in the world – the head of the Israeli Ministry of Education.

According to Bennett, the common declaration of Morawiecki and Netanyahu is "a tragedy that will affect future generations." – Thousands of students mistakenly believe that the majority of poles helped Jews during the war and a minority murdered them in the Holocaust. At the same time, the opposite is true – said the minister.

Yad Vashem critically about the joint declaration

A few days ago, Israeli Yad Vashem criticized the amended law on the IPN. The Institute also points out that the Joint Declaration of the Prime Ministers in Poland and Israel contains errors and lies. The novel is still called "Holocaust Law."

According to Yad Vashem, the amendment of the Law on the Institute of National Memory "It is impossible to carry out research and historical memory of the Holocaust". The Holocaust of the Holocaust Martyrs and Heroes Yad Vashem has also criticized the joint statement about Mateusz Morawiecki and Benjamin Netanyahu. The full text of the published document is below.

We read that the explanation paves the way for the continuation of the struggle against historians and other assassination researchers – even if it's only civil and not criminal behavior. Yad Vashem also adds that the joint statement contains many points that are historically controversial.

"Declaration [premierów Polski i Izraela – red.] contains very problematic phrases contrary to historical knowledge in this area," read Yad Vashem. "The formulas in the Joint Declaration effectively support the story, falsified by researchers long ago, that the Polish government in exile worked tirelessly to counter the extinction of Polish Jews in Poland and abroad," reports Israeli historians. "The existing documentation and decades of historical research showed a completely different picture of events: the Polish government in exile, as well as its delegation (…), did not play a decisive role in defending Polish Jews at any time during the war. The Polish resistance movement, in its many variants not only helped Jews, but also often participates in persecution," we read in the document.

"An attempt to glorify the help of Jews and present it as a common phenomenon, as well as an attempt to reduce the poles in the persecution of Jews, is not only against historical truth but also against the memory of the righteous among the nations' heroes"

Before the change of the law of the Interior Minister was introduced, Yad Vashem announced that the intention to change the law is "one step in the right direction." On the other hand, the Israeli Minister of Education criticized the Joint Declaration of Prime Ministers today

Amendment of the IPN Act

The amendment repeals the provisions introduced in the January amendment of the IPN Art Act. 55a, which imposes fines and imprisonment for attributing responsibility to the Polish nation and the state, inter alia, for the crime of the German empire and the art. 55b, which states that criminal law is applicable to a Polish citizen and a foreign national – "irrespective of the applicable rules at the place where the act was committed". The right to change emphasized that "a more effective way of protecting the Polish name of Poland and Poland, in view of the purpose of the act, will be the use of civil-law tools."

On June 27, Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki in Warsaw and the head of Israeli government Benjamin Netanyahu in Tel Aviv signed a joint Polish-Israeli declaration. It emphasizes that relations between Poland and Israel and between their societies "are based on deep trust and understanding" and cooperation "in the international arena, as well as on matters relating to the preservation of memory and teaching about the Holocaust."

In the statement of the leader they declared, among other things, lack of consent to assert Poland or the entire Polish people guilty of the Nazis and their employees' arguments they stressed the freedom of scientific research and condemned all forms of anti-Semitism and "anti-polonism and other negative national stereotypes ". Morawiecki and Netanyahu also demanded returning to a "peaceful dialogue based on mutual respect in public discourse".

So Prime Ministers of Poland and Israel signed a document expressing lack of consent to assert that the entire Polish people are responsible for crimes against Jews during the war, but Israel continues to push this view nevertheless.

I'm not exactly surprised, Israel has been the world's chief $h!t-stirrer for a long while now.

Also, not being a grammar Nazi or anything, but it's interesting how anti-Semitism in the last paragraph is spelled with a uppercase but anti-polonism with lowercase. And the word 'Poles' referring to Polish people is consistently spelled with lowercase throughout the article, while the word 'Jews' is spelled with lowercase. Maybe the author is into pole-dancing or something and mechanically typed it lowercase? ;-)

Israel on the other hand is doing whatever it can to make sure Polish people are considered absolute anti-Semites by Israelis.
Apparently their Ministry of Education wants to introduce compulsory classes on Polish anti-Semitism for Israeli travel guides.

I wonder, how President Duda is going to manage - the day he wakes up and realizes - he's only President of the Republic of Poland in name only? The U.S. President isn't any better off, in that regard but it seems the Israeli Jews are in the process of reclaiming Polish territory for their own exclusive entitlement, using the Holocaust as a convenient excuse and forcing the Polish citizens to bow-down-to-them? US/NATO troops will be used to enforce law and order, under Israel's commands?

They held the wrong "PRIDE parade" - the banners should have read "POLISH Pride"! (P.S. ... and if you decide to plan a parade and a tail-gate party to celebrate ... with Pierogi's and Zrazy, I'll bring the Golabki and Kabarska? O.K.?)

Haha!! Not a problem;) By Kabarska you meant Kielbasa? For better digestion of all of that you will need also tiny glass of polish vodka (could be flavored). I can bring that one;)

Yes, you are correct, I meant Kielbasa. I wasn't sure how to spell it ... and tried the "phonic version" and screwed up! I'm glad, you understand me - half my family - doesn't have a clue! But there is a Meat Market near me that makes Kielbasa available all-year-long. When I go to visit family, I generally stop at the Market and get a few things and sometimes, a ring of Kielbasa to take along. I never go empty handed. As for the Polish Vodka - never had that - growing up, the woman-folk in my family were never allowed to touch anything that came out of a wooden barrel and had "a tap" attached to it. It was more a "warning" verses any type of stigma or discipline. God only knows what those men put in those wooden barrels? (!!!) If it didn't come out of our kitchen's - we didn't touch it. Someone has to be left "standing" to take care of them - if they get sick?

Polish PiS promises voters even more cash ahead of October election
Poland's Law and Justice (PiS) leader Jaroslaw Kaczynski speaks during a party convention in Bialystok, Poland September 5, 2019. Agnieszka Sadowska/Agencja Gazeta via REUTERS

Poland's ruling nationalist Law and Justice (PiS) party will offer pensioners regular annual cash bonuses and will almost double the minimum wage for workers, its leader Jaroslaw Kaczynski said ahead of parliamentary elections next month.

Last edited:
Polish coast guard boards Greenpeace ship in coal protest
Greenpeace activists and Polish border guards are seen next to a coal ship near a coal terminal in Gdansk, Poland September 9, 2019 in this image obtained from social media.  Max Zielinski/Greenpeace Polska via REUTERS THIS IMAGE HAS BEEN SUPPLIED BY A THIRD PARTY. MANDATORY CREDIT.

Greenpeace activists and Polish border guards are seen next to a coal ship near a coal terminal in Gdansk, Poland September 9, 2019 in this image obtained from social media. Max Zielinski/Greenpeace Polska via REUTERS THIS IMAGE HAS BEEN SUPPLIED BY A THIRD PARTY. MANDATORY CREDIT.

GDANSK - Armed Polish border guards boarded a Greenpeace ship blocking a delivery of coal in the port of Gdansk late on Monday and detained two activists, officials said on Tuesday.

The environmental group said it staged the protest to highlight Poland’s continued dependence on air-polluting coal and to pressure it to phase out coal as a source of energy by 2030.

Greenpeace’s Rainbow Warrior arrived in Gdansk at 1600 GMT on Monday and the ship anchored around midnight, trying to prevent a shipment of coal from Mozambique from being unloaded, according to Gdansk coastal border guard spokesman Tadeusz Gruchalla.

“We’re doing this to draw attention to the gigantic problem of Poland’s dependency on coal” Greenpeace activist Pawel Szypulski told Reuters.

The activists also painted “stop coal” on the side of the cargo vessel with the coal shipment.

A move away from coal, with mining still a major employer in southern Poland, is a divisive issue in central Europe’s largest economy, where imports almost doubled in 2018 compared to 2017 and whose government envisions only a gradual reduction in the share of coal in power production.

According to Poland’s Industrial Development Agency (ARP) coal imported from Mozambique was used by the steel industry, not the country’s power plants. Szypulski said, however, the protest was not aimed at a particular cargo or company, but was meant as a signal for the government in Warsaw to act.

The overnight intervention by a special unit was part of standard procedure after the activists refused to subject Rainbow Warrior to control, spokesman Tadeusz Gruchalla said.

Out of the 22 activists that took part in the action, two have been detained by border guard officials and were awaiting the prosecutor’s decision, Gruchalla said.

Polish ruling party chief to have two knee operations
FILE PHOTO: Poland's Law and Justice (PiS) leader Jaroslaw Kaczynski speaks during his media statement at the party headquarters in Warsaw, Poland May 22, 2019. REUTERS/Kacper Pempel/File Photo

Poland's ruling party leader, Jaroslaw Kaczynski, told a newspaper on Tuesday he would have two knee-replacement operations after the Oct. 13 elections, following speculation about his health.

Kaczynski, the head of the conservative Law and Justice (PiS) party, canceled a campaign event in January this year due to unspecified health problems.

Last year party officials said he was having trouble with his knees, and investors said worries that it might be something worse weighed on the stock market.

Kaczynski told the Super Express tabloid he would have an operation to replace one knee after the vote, and surgery on the other one a year later.

“Unfortunately I have to do this ... After some time when I can walk with one crutch then it’ll be easier to move around,” he said.

Poland suspends parliament's session until just after election in October
FILE PHOTO - Security guards of Parliament stands outside the building of Parliament in Warsaw July 18, 2018. REUTERS/Kacper Pempel

Poland's parliament will be suspended at the close of business on Wednesday until after an election on Oct. 13, its speaker said, prompting opposition lawmakers to accuse the right-wing government of secretly plotting to push through extra bills.

This parliamentary session had been due to end on Friday anyway. But by approving a motion merely to suspend, not terminate, the current session, the ruling nationalist Law and Justice Party (PiS) ensures that the outgoing parliament - in which it has a majority - reconvenes after the election for a short period before the new lawmakers can take their seats.

The opposition fears PiS, which they and the European Union accuse of undermining the rule of law, will use that small window after the election to push through additional bills. PiS, which is tipped to win the election, denies any such intention.

“We have a one-day session today, we announce a break and we continue (this session) on October 15 and 16. This is nothing extraordinary,” said the speaker of the lower house, Elzbieta Witek, a PiS lawmaker.

Witek said PiS would not add new items to the parliamentary agenda on October 15 and 16 and that the earlier suspension would allow lawmakers to focus on election campaigning.

I came across this interesting video on Facebook. It's a short clip titled "Message from Iran to Poland (Let's stay friends)" that calls for friendship between the two countries, not war. The clip has been widely shared among my Polish friends who support the message. Judging by the content of the comments section, most people who have seen it are positive about the message as well.

I might be looking at this move by the Vatican on the wrong level but I sense, the Pope is more interested in the Political aspects of "naming a Saint", then a spiritual and religious platform? Child sexual abuse by Catholic Priests has been loudly protested by the Poles and they have demanded full investigations and justice in the Courts!

The late Polish Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski may be deserving of "Sainthood" but the Catholic Church has been dragging their feet in addressing the sexual child abuses that have been going on in Poland for many decades. Promising Sainthood to a former Cardinal (without further details of the proposed "miracle") gives the impression of a last minute PR stunt to glorify the Catholic Church?

Pope moves Polish anti-communist cardinal closer to sainthood
FILE PHOTO: A Catholic prays in front of the picture of former Polish Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski a day prior to celebrations of the Assumption of Mary at Jasna Gora Monastery in Czestochowa August 14, 2012. REUTERS/Kacper Pempel

FILE PHOTO: A Catholic prays in front of the picture of former Polish Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski a day prior to celebrations of the Assumption of Mary at Jasna Gora Monastery in Czestochowa August 14, 2012. REUTERS/Kacper Pempel

Pope Francis has recognized a miracle attributed to the late Polish Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski, a revered icon of his country's resistance to communism in the post-war period, a step that moves him closer to sainthood.

A Vatican statement on Thursday said the pope had approved a decree recognizing a miracle attributed to Wyszynski, who died in 1981 and was very close to Pope John Paul II, also a Pole. It did not give any details of the miracle.

Wyszynski spent three years in prison or under house arrest in the early 1950s during repression of religion by communist governments.

Approval of the miracle means Wyszynski will be beatified. The Vatican did not give the date of the beatification ceremony. Such ceremonies are usually held in the Vatican.

The Catholic Church teaches that only God performs miracles but that saints who are believed to be with God in heaven intercede on behalf of people who pray to them. A miracle is usually the medically inexplicable healing of a person.

For Wyszynski to be declared a saint, another miracle would have to be attributed to him.

I might be looking at this move by the Vatican on the wrong level but I sense, the Pope is more interested in the Political aspects of "naming a Saint", then a spiritual and religious platform? Child sexual abuse by Catholic Priests has been loudly protested by the Poles and they have demanded full investigations and justice in the Courts!

The late Polish Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski may be deserving of "Sainthood" but the Catholic Church has been dragging their feet in addressing the sexual child abuses that have been going on in Poland for many decades. Promising Sainthood to a former Cardinal (without further details of the proposed "miracle") gives the impression of a last minute PR stunt to glorify the Catholic Church?

Yes, I do not know why such move was undertaken at this time, but probably you are right that it has something to do with improving the "PR" of polish Priests. However in my opinion it won't help a lot.
First thing, for me the process of giving the "sainthood" by the living people is very weird. Only argument for existence of such process is politics: "Let's give to this nation 2 saints, cause they were very "catholic" for last 2 years" or "Priests are losing their recognition in this Country - let's give Saint title to their well-known historical character".

The second thing is that more and more young people resign from attending in masses. Polish catholic church is getting older and they do not have idea how to stop it. Giving the Saint title to Wyszynski won't help with that.

The second thing is that more and more young people resign from attending in masses. Polish catholic church is getting older and they do not have idea how to stop it. Giving the Saint title to Wyszynski won't help with that.

Decline in the number attending Mass and functions (Catechism, choir, alter boys) associated with the Catholic Church actually took a drastic downturn in the United States, right after President John F. Kennedy, a devote Irish-Catholic was assassinated. Most American's considered our Country - as having "Christian" values. It wasn't so much - that Kennedy was Catholic but that moral and Christian values were heavily promoted within the social network. Many Catholic's questioned "why would God allow something to happen to a man like JFK"? So many hopes and dreams were envisioned, (Peace - NOT War) and a better economy and future. Kennedy was for the people. When his Brother was also assassinated, people lost hope and faith. The Catholic Church offered little support and guidance and the words in Sermons were empty.
Most Catholics now - only attend Church - for Weddings and Funerals. It's a sad affair. Plus, attending Mass can be expensive - especially if you are living on a budget. There is the first ($$$) collection, followed by a second one. Periodically, there is a third collection - like the "Bishop's Relief Fund" or "Peter's Purse" or whatever the Pope is collecting for?

Don't get me wrong, if I belong to an organization, I expect to pay dues of some kind ... but how many times do you expect to "hit me" before I see the light of the exit door? Which brings to mind, the saying "Paul stealing from Peter" ... it probably happened during Mass and Paul just wanted to get out the door!!!

Silly, I know ... but on a serious note, the Catholic Church is one of the richest organizations on the Planet. What really surprised me, the last time the Pope visited Poland, Poland was required to cover the costs of the Pope's trip and lodging (around $30,000.) Why is that? (There is an article in this thread somewhere that states that fact.) Yet, where does the money go, that is collected in the Polish Catholic Churches? I think, the Church has lost it's focus and it's key mandates as an institution of guidance and charitable work. It has turned into a social-political entity.

Precisely, I think even that this turn into social-political entity started very long time ago. It's just our awareness seeing it now.

I agree, it has become a Political entity for power and control. It's greed - knows no bounds! Take for instance, this recent report where the Pope has a vested interest "in the Amazon" and a remote Peruvian indigenous tribe. Contact was made years ago and the tribe is being gently manipulated - to be a part of the Catholic Church. The Achuar Tribe have combined some of their customs with the Catholic Mass but they can't form "a Church" due to a Catholic 12th Century rule that dictates "priestly celibacy". (Oh, Geez - how did that get in the way?) So, the Pope is considering - through a process called a Synod - to make a rare exception and allow members of the Achua Tribe to attain Priesthood. On another level, it's not only a form of control but "allows the Pope access" to start manipulating social and economic control.

In a real sense, this whole game-play has very little to do with "Christianizing" an indigenous people. The real target is the Amazon and all the riches it contains in unadulterated resources a.k.a. minerals, oil and precious metals. (Praise God!) Plus, some of the deforestation in the Amazon Jungle has to do with paving an existing dirt road/highway called BR-319 that runs straight through the Jungle, connecting population areas. In time, there will be commercial and business development. See photos in the link below. So ... do you honestly think, the Pope's main interest is in a remote Indigenous Tribe?

Pope gets stuck in Vatican elevator

Bolsonaro-backed highway targets heart of Brazil's Amazon (Video)
FILE PHOTO: An aerial view of the road BR-319 highway near city of Humaita, Amazonas state, Brazil, August 22, 2019. REUTERS/Ueslei Marcelino
FILE PHOTO: An aerial view of the road BR-319 highway near city of Humaita, Amazonas state, Brazil August 22, 2019. REUTERS/Ueslei Marcelino Deforestation in Brazil is the story of highways.

Slideshow (4 Images)
Bolsonaro-backed highway targets heart of Brazil's Amazon

One miner dead after quake at a Polish coal mine: spokesman
October 3, 2019 - WARSAW - One miner died after an earthquake in the Bielszowice coal mine in southern Poland on Thursday, a spokesman for the mine owner PGG said.

Earlier on Thursday, state-run news agency PAP said quoting the spokesman that 17 miners were injured, including one seriously who later died, when the quake hit the mine when they were underground.

“One person is dead,” the spokesman said in a text message.

Back
Top Bottom