Poland

Polish president accuses German-owned tabloid of election meddling
r

July 3, 2020 - WARSAW - Polish President Andrzej Duda suggested on Friday that Germany was trying to meddle in the Presidential election after a German-owned tabloid newspaper reported on a pardon that he granted to a man who had served his sentence in a paedophilia case.

Duda, a conservative who faces a neck-and-neck race against a centrist opponent in a presidential runoff election on July 12, was angered by reporting by the Polish tabloid Fakt.

“Does Axel Springer, a company of German descent that owns the Fakt newspaper, want to influence the Polish presidential election?” Duda, an ally of the ruling Law and Justice party (PiS), said during a campaign rally in the western town of Boleslawiec.

“Do the Germans want to choose the president in Poland?” he said.

The case, in which the pardon was granted in March, was initially reported by the Rzeczpospolita daily, but Fakt followed up with more details on Thursday.

Justice Minister Zbigniew Ziobro, who also serves as prosecutor general, confirmed the pardon was related to a paedophilia case but said it consisted only of lifting a restraining order and the man had served out his entire sentence.

Duda had applied the law of pardon following a request of a victim who was now an adult, added Ziobro, who was shown speaking by Polish state TVP.

According to Fakt the man finished serving his sentence five years ago.

Earlier on Friday, Duda’s re-election campaign spokesman, called on the German ambassador to Berlin to talk to the owners of Fakt. “We do not want this kind of foreign interference in the electoral process,” spokesman Adam Bielan told public radio PR1.

The German embassy referred questions to the German ministry of foreign affairs, which declined to comment. Fakt denied meddling in the election, saying in a statement published on its website that it is run by Polish journalists and editors.

PiS has long accused foreign-owned media outlets of meddling in Poland’s affairs. Duda’s spokespeople could not be reached for comment.

It makes the conflict between two of these sides very hot.

You are damn right Luks!;) 50 to 50 based on the first statistic results. Every vote will be counted. Probably both sides (Whoever loose) will be protesting after the official results. What you wrote:
I think we can see in the not so long time the coup d'état by the military

Can be very realistic!

You are damn right Luks!;) 50 to 50 based on the first statistic results. Every vote will be counted. Probably both sides (Whoever loose) will be protesting after the official results. What you wrote:

Can be very realistic!
The southeastern part of Poland probably will be longest under the influence of the USA/Israel and can be used to the military actions on the Ukraine and neighborhood. Northwest will systematically lose to Germany and Russia, but also do not see fear before any aggression from their side, until there will some open retaliation. Generally, I would stay back before such activities (whether street's unrest or partisan's sabotage), at this moment we can achieve very little, and new more important things come to Earth that such divisions between the closest neighborhood look pathetic.

There is a probability of the civil war in Poland, the question is how people allow being divided in this lower level (lower because there is One government overall, but it doesn't exclude the divisions and initiatives of the bad and also the good guys, at this lowers levels).

Finally, all that will fall, however first we can see various tensions and conflicts of various nature.

Generally, the west part of Poland seems to be the calmest, locations like Koszalin, Szczecin, Gorzów Wielkopolski, and surroundings can be the best to live in the nearest future. So for everyone who can change the locations, can think about these parts of the country.

For everyone, the last moment to prepare for bad times, I know that we can't do much, but some canned food or something like the most important drugs if somebody takes them, then now could be a good moment to buy some to reserve, etc.

Generally, the west part of Poland seems to be the calmest, locations like Koszalin, Szczecin, Gorzów Wielkopolski, and surroundings can be the best to live in the nearest future. So for everyone who can change the locations, can think about these parts of the country.
Interesting. Could you write why do you think this way? Those places are very nice, however I think they are at very low altitude, don’t you think? Whenever any big wave Or other natural things will come, it could be problematic. I thought more about some west-South mountains like Sudety? Currently working and leaving in Warsaw due to mostly Economic reasons but my roots are in southern east Poland. So basically I was exposed to „both sides” of the Poland. Unfortunetely both of them are mostly fueled by Weird emotional slogans, which triggers their worst emotions. When I am experiencing their word battles I just enjoy the show, because nothing can change their minds. Only with my closest friends I can discuss openly and w/o any not needed emotions.

Interesting. Could you write why do you think this way? Those places are very nice, however I think they are at very low altitude, don’t you think? Whenever any big wave Or other natural things will come, it could be problematic. I thought more about some west-South mountains like Sudety? Currently working and leaving in Warsaw due to mostly Economic reasons but my roots are in southern east Poland. So basically I was exposed to „both sides” of the Poland. Unfortunetely both of them are mostly fueled by Weird emotional slogans, which triggers their worst emotions. When I am experiencing their word battles I just enjoy the show, because nothing can change their minds. Only with my closest friends I can discuss openly and w/o any not needed emotions.

Well, I mean that regard the social's considerations, history repeat, this the same history as in the time before World War II. People from the West of Poland have friends, job etc. in the German East part. This is the same as what is now. Before lock-down a lot of people worked in the East of Germany (and they want to go back to it).

Those people will not fight with each other. They would like to eat dinner, better than fight.

Poland today is going into radicalization. The government of Poland (PiS mainly [which is the most arrogant, aggressive, and compliant to the New World Order]) is the puppet government ruled by the USA/Israel. It seems that they want to the conformist mass of people submissive to their power.

If they can't rule, without opposition to them, the whole country, they would tend to establish part of the nation that will be submissive to accept their local laws and foreign policy. And this partition can be seen, even, in this election.

They aren't able to gain the whole country, so they will probably tend to breakdown and separation. It can finally lead to something similar to what we can call the second Yalta.

Well, I do not admit that with the 100% probability it will happen, but this is one of the probable future.

I can't make head or tails of what is going on with this European Union Economic Recovery Summit - other then a lot of smoke and mirrors, to make it appear as though Countries are going to recover financially from this Big Game Plan of distributing more wealth to the elites pockets? How can there be "any economic recovery" when they have the whole dam Planet on lock-down and the World has stopped in it's tracks? Zero productivity equals no recovery? Well, they finally got their One-World-Government and it's a total screw up!

Poland’s Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said it was hard to judge if the EU would reach a deal on its long-term budget and a proposed recovery fund during talks among the bloc’s national leaders in Brussels on Friday and Saturday.

Polish PM say budget rebates for wealthy EU countries not a good solution
r

July 17, 2020 - Morawiecki also said Warsaw objected to budget rebates for rich countries and plans to attach rule of law strings to funding.

* Polish PM says no consensus in EU talks on COVID economic recovery fund

* Lithuania president 'not so optimistic' on EU summit deal

* Czech PM Babis says EU recovery fund should favour countries worst hit

* EU extends summit to Sunday after deadlock over COVID recovery plan

Polish 'LGBT-free' town weighs risk of losing EU funds

r

July 17, 2020 - KONSKOWOLA, Poland - Surrounded by fields of roses and lavender in tranquil eastern Poland, some residents of the village of Konskowola feel the European Union may be trying to blackmail them.

Like about a hundred other municipalities across rural Poland, the local council has declared Konskowola to be free of “LGBT ideology”, reflecting a backlash against gay rights throughout the conservative, largely Catholic nation.

This has raised eyebrows in Brussels, with the European Commission signaling to regional authorities, including Konskowola, that it may curb EU aid to areas that discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation.

Some residents, such as Radoslaw Gabriel Barzenc, the Konskowola council head, are angry over what they see as unjustified interference by Europe’s liberal west in the town’s beliefs.

“The restrictions could be implemented because people have an opinion. Isn’t this discrimination? Is this what European tolerance is about? I don’t think so,” he told Reuters. “I cannot imagine we would yield to blackmail.”

Gay rights have become a hot-button issue in Poland since the right-wing Law and Justice party (PiS) came to power five years ago pledging to defend traditional family values.

In the run-up to last Sunday’s presidential election, the incumbent Andrzej Duda, allied with PiS, pledged to ensure gay couples would not be able to adopt children and to prevent education about gay rights in public schools.

He won a second five-year term with a margin of 51% against a liberal challenger, amid mounting polarisation in Poland over the role religious values should play in public life.

PiS and Duda have long disagreed with Europe over Warsaw’s adherence to democratic norms, and the issue was on the agenda at a European Union summit which started in Brussels on Friday.

Some want to freeze payouts for EU countries said to be undermining democratic values, such as Poland, although Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, a right-wing ally of Warsaw’s conservative government, has threatened a veto.

On the eve of the summit, Xavier Bettel, Luxembourg’s gay prime minister, expressed outrage.

“If we accept that you condemn a sexual minority, tomorrow it will be religion, the day after it will be race,” he told Reuters.

A Polish rights organisation has also petitioned the European anti-fraud office OLAF to investigate whether EU funds disbursed in Poland are being misused by “LGBT-free” communities. OLAF declined to comment.

‘HOMOPROPAGANDA’
In Konskowola, in Poland’s conservative heartland, some 70% of residents voted for Duda, a devout Catholic.

Konskowola authorities say their aim is not to discriminate against any individuals.

In a 2019 declaration, the council said it opposed any public activity aimed at “promoting the ideology of the LGBT movement”, and declared it would protect its school and its families from anything that would contradict Christian values.

“We will not allow any administrative pressure in support of political correctness, rightfully called ‘homopropaganda’,” the declaration read.

But dissent in Konskowola, which has a population of just over 2,000, is brewing.

Mayor Stanislaw Golebiowski, who is not a member of the local council, says it should have never taken up the issue and should reconsider. He feels too much is at stake.

He wants EU cash to modernise irrigation systems - made more urgent by falling groundwater levels - for the town’s prize rose fields and other flowers it grows.

Like thousands of towns and villages across Poland, which joined the EU in 2004 and has since received some 36 billion euros ($41 billion) in aid, Konskowola has spent the cash on projects to improve living standards after the ravages of World War Two and four decades of communism.

U.S. ambassador says EU criticism of Poland 'overblown'
r

July 18, 2020 - The U.S. ambassador to Poland said the European Union’s criticism of Poland’s adherence to democracy is “overblown”, as Warsaw faces cuts to EU budget funds over its judiciary reforms.

Since coming to power in 2015, Poland’s ruling Law and Justice (PiS) party has faced criticism from the EU over its overhaul of its judiciary system, with Brussels accusing Poland of violating EU laws.

As its relationship with the EU has faltered, PiS has focused on building strong ties with the United States, especially since President Donald Trump came to power in 2016.

“If you’re asking me...do I think that a lot of the attacks on Poland about democratic values is overblown, my answer is yes, I do,” U.S. ambassador to Poland Georgette Mosbacher told Reuters in an interview.

The EU is struggling to respond to what many in western Europe see as creeping authoritarianism in the eastern wing of the bloc, especially Poland, Hungary and Romania.

In an election on Sunday, Polish President Andrzej Duda, a PiS ally, won a second term in office, reinforcing the government’s mandate to pursue reforms of the judiciary and media.

Mosbacher said the EU has been reluctant to acknowledge how much progress Poland has made, particularly when it comes to economic growth, since becoming a democracy after the fall of communism.

“It’s still seen as the adolescent in the EU and it isn’t anymore...I don’t think France and Germany... [are] comfortable with that yet,” she said.

A mechanism that would freeze out countries that fail to live up to democratic standards is up for discussion at an EU summit that began on Friday.

Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban has threatened to veto a massive EU stimulus plan over his objections to the mechanism, with talks continuing on Saturday.

The European Commission, the EU’s executive arm, has also signaled to Polish regional authorities that it may curb EU aid to areas that discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, after many towns passed motions against the promotion of what they called LGBT “ideology”.

Mosbacher called out the ruling party for its handling of LGBT issues in Poland’s presidential campaign, after Duda said during his campaign that LGBT “ideology” was worse than communism. “I think there were homophobic undertones,” Mosbacher said of the campaign. “Do I like it? No. And I’m pretty vocal on that publicly.”

She added that an agreement in June 2019 between Duda and Trump to bring 1,000 U.S. troops to Poland would be finalized “within weeks, not months.”

The EU is struggling to respond to what many in western Europe see as creeping authoritarianism in the eastern wing of the bloc, especially Poland, Hungary and Romania.
Yep. This is quite interesting because when they saw that Polish people do not accept by the majority of the LGBT and similar ideologies then they started the propaganda campaign through the PiS (eng: Law and Justice) party to make them look like the savior before that evil around them. In fact, they do not do that anything. With PiS, there are only words, not deeds. At the time the PiS rules in the schools started the "Rainbow Fridays". Some kind of bastards blasphemies the saint relicts of the Catholics like monstrance with penises, etc. And they didn't do anything with that, just talk.

I think that some people should wake up a little bit, I do not have in my mind anyone specifically. But what I want to say, in Poland and any other country. This that one group of people say that they are doing something good for the country, it doesn't mean that they are really doing something with the problem. Very often, they say one thing but do otherwise. Or really do a good job, but in the little percents for propaganda reason and in the let say 95% of other cases they to something other.

People in Poland are between a rock and a hard place created by the two main parties. PiS party and the PO (Platforma Obywatelska [civil platfrom]). They create a false choice, a false alternative. The difference is between how they present themselves to the people, and little, very little difference in the ruling, in fact, in the things with little importance. In the most important things, they are totally submissive to the international government making Poles slaves to the big corporations and cannon fodder for NATO - in the big short.

It's funny to see that EU responds to the "creeping authoritarianism". When these creep authoritarians ask about their thoughts about the EU, for them, the EU is the creeping authoritarianism. So, be the wise here :-D

In fact, they are both totalitarians, at some point, they are the same. But such divisions are creating because people are easier to rule thanks to that.

With PiS, there are only words, not deeds.
People in Poland are between a rock and a hard place created by the two main parties. PiS party and the PO (Platforma Obywatelska [civil platfrom]). They create a false choice, a false alternative. The difference is between how they present themselves to the people, and little, very little difference in the ruling, in fact, in the things with little importance. In the most important things, they are totally submissive to the international government making Poles slaves to the big corporations and cannon fodder for NATO - in the big short.
fact, they are both totalitarians, at some point, they are the same. But such divisions are creating because people are easier to rule thanks to that.
Nothing to add here;) Precisely written what I think about the subject! Thanks Luks.

I can't make head or tails of what is going on with this European Union Economic Recovery Summit - other then a lot of smoke and mirrors, to make it appear as though Countries are going to recover financially from this Big Game Plan of distributing more wealth to the elites pockets? How can there be "any economic recovery" when they have the whole dam Planet on lock-down and the World has stopped in it's tracks? Zero productivity equals no recovery? Well, they finally got their One-World-Government and it's a total screw up!

Just wanted to say thank you for this post cause I had no idea about what's going on in Poland! With so many things happening all over the world it's so precious to have this kind of info gathered and sorted by topics here, on this forum, all in one place. ❤

Act ... surprised? And the EU is calling it "a Historic Deal"? They did not shore up the foundation of the Deal - it's NOT a solid agreement. Well, anyways, they got together to celebrate Merkel's Birthday? 🍺

The European Union’s agreement on a coronavirus recovery fund is likely to embolden nationalist leaders in Poland and Hungary because it sets no mechanism for tying the disbursement of money to democratic norms.

Ambiguous conditions on EU deal set to embolden Hungary and Poland

EU leaders agreed a watered-down wording on conditionality in Brussels on Tuesday after Warsaw and Budapest resisted tougher language that would have put more constraints on them implementing policies that other EU states deem undemocratic.

Much will now depend on how quickly and firmly the EU - and particularly Germany - moves to agree on a mechanism that would force member states to uphold democratic values as a condition for receiving funding, political analysts said.

“We fought it out!” Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban wrote on Facebook, portraying the outcome of the EU leaders’ talks in Brussels as a triumph.

Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki hailed a victory for Warsaw, telling reporters: “Poland cannot be deprived of a single euro.”

Poland’s ruling Law and Justice party (PiS) is now widely expected to press on with moves to tighten control of the media and courts without fears of an immediate financial backlash from Brussels.

Despite being at odds with the European Commission over reforms that the EU executive says have eroded the independence of Poland’s judiciary, Poland will be one of the biggest beneficiaries of EU funds.

Hungary has also increased its share of the 1.8 trillion euro ($2 trillion) deal, which includes a 750 billion euro recovery fund and a related 1.1 trillion euro 2021-2027 budget.

Orban’s governing Fidesz party will feel its hands are not immediately tied to pursue populist anti-immigration campaigns that more liberal EU states say erode the rule of law, freedom of the press and minority rights.

The windfall should help strengthen the Polish and Hungarian economies, boosting their governments before parliamentary elections due in Hungary in 2022 and in Poland in 2023.

Orban has used a structure called the “System of National Cooperation” to direct public funds - including EU money - to a loyal elite that has helped him achieve his political goals. “(EU money) will boost (Orban’s) electoral chances,” said Mujtaba Rahman of the Eurasia Group think tank.

In Poland, President Andrzej Duda’s successful re-election campaign included a pledge to direct EU public funds towards infrastructure development.

PiS, to which Duda is allied, has made clear its intention to continue pursuing socially conservative policies. Gay marriages are illegal in Poland and Duda campaigned on a pledge not to allow adoptions by gay couples or permit classes on gay rights in state schools.

EU MINDS ITS LANGUAGE
Hungary and Poland, eastern European countries that until three decades ago were ruled by communists, had threatened to block any deal that specifically tied funding to upholding democratic norms.

With the chances of failure growing at the summit, EU leaders agreed to put off agreement on a mechanism for enforcing conditionality.

A watered-down summit resolution said the European Council of EU leaders “underlines the importance of the respect of the rule of law”.

Language on giving broad rights to member states to report and start proceedings against “generalized deficiencies” of the rule of law was replaced by a more specific and narrower “conditionality to protect the budget.”
(Gentleman's agreement???)

Piotr Buras, director of the European Council on Foreign Relations think tank’s Warsaw office, said it was now up to Germany, which holds the EU presidency for the rest of 2020, to deliver a new mechanism this year to enforce the rule of law.

The mechanism will be agreed by qualified majority rather than by a unanimous vote among EU states, making it harder for Poland or Hungary to block it.

“(These are) very unclear (summit) conclusions, both politically and legally,” Buras said. “If there is a lack of this conditionality or the ... mechanism is very weak, then it will be a huge win for (Polish PiS leader Jaroslaw) Kaczynski, Morawiecki and Orban.”

Warsaw and Budapest did not, however, achieve total victory, said Daniel Hegedus of the German Marshall Fund think tank.

The summit “did not agree on a specific rule of law conditionality mechanism... but Morawiecki and Orban’s claim that they ward off the introduction of conditionality in the new budget is not in accordance with the facts,” he told Reuters.

Eurasia Group’s Rahman said: “At least in theory, funds can in the future now be blocked ... The odds of this happening, however, remain slight.”

EU reaches historic deal on pandemic recovery after fractious summit
r

July 20, 2020 - BRUSSELS - European Union leaders clinched an historic deal on a massive stimulus plan for their coronavirus-throttled economies in the early hours of Tuesday, after a fractious summit lasting almost five days.

The agreement paves the way for the European Commission, the EU’s executive, to raise billions of euros on capital markets on behalf of all 27 states, an unprecedented act of solidarity in almost seven decades of European integration.

Summit chairman Charles Michel called the accord, reached at a 5.15 a.m. (0315 GMT), a pivotal moment for Europe.

Poland's foreign minister signals he may quit

Poland's Foreign Minister Jacek Czaputowicz added that there is no pressure on him from PiS to resign.

Poland's Foreign Minister Jacek Czaputowicz added that there is no pressure on him from PiS to resign. PHOTO: EPA-EFE

The vote, won by the incumbent Andrzej Duda, a PiS ally, was seen as key for Poland's future relations with the EU, which have been frayed by the bloc's concerns over the rule of law.

"A few months ago, we agreed with Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki to continue my mission until the presidential election," Czaputowicz told Rzeczpospolita daily.

He added that there is no pressure on him from PiS to resign. "But I think this is a good moment for a change at the top of our diplomacy," Czaputowicz also said.

The minister's comments come at a time when Poland is trying to fight against proposals to make EU budget funding conditional on respecting rule of law norms.

On Sunday, when EU leaders stood at an impasse after three days of haggling over a plan to revive economies throttled by the novel coronavirus, Morawiecki said he would not agree to a new mechanism to freeze EU money for countries violating the rule of law.

Польша готова заплатить за преступления американских солдат
14.08.2020 - 4:26

Poland is ready to pay for the crimes of American soldiers
14.08.20 - 4:26
Washington and Warsaw are planning to sign a Declaration on enhanced defense cooperation on August 15. It is known that in the document, the parties finally agreed on the conditions for increasing the number of American troops by one thousand — up to 5.5 thousand troops on Polish territory.

Poland has agreed to bear all the costs of maintaining extraterritorial American bases and soldiers that will be removed from the jurisdiction of Polish law. This was one of the mandatory conditions for expanding the US military presence in the country.

Thus, Warsaw went to a significant deterioration of previous agreements with Washington. Initially, the us military also had a special status, but for crimes not related to military service and committed outside of military bases, they fell under Polish jurisdiction.

Now, if an American soldier commits a crime that is not even related to the service, such as an accident, the American side will arrest him and send him to the United States, where he will be tried.

The White house also "persuaded" Warsaw to agree to the extraterritoriality of US bases in Poland. This means that poles will not be able to enter the territory of US military bases located in Poland without the consent of the American side.

In addition, Warsaw bears the costs of necessary construction or infrastructure improvements:

♦ command post of the headquarters of the 5th army corps;
♦ the headquarters of the US division in Poland in Poznan;
♦ joint combat training center in Dravsko-Pomorsk;
♦ infrastructure facilities for the air force MQ-9 unmanned aerial vehicle squadron in Laska;
♦ airport to ensure the transfer of troops to the region in Wroclaw-Strachowice;
♦ facilities to support air, land and sea operations of special operations forces in Lublin;
♦ infrastructure for armored combat brigade group in the area of żagań-Sventoshov;
♦ fighting brigade of army aviation and combat support battalion in powidz.
It should be emphasized that the head of the Polish national security Bureau, Pavel soloch, said: "the Infrastructure, facilities and warehouses will be prepared for the functioning of the corps, that is, tens of thousands of American soldiers… This will radically increase the possibility of rapid transfer of allied troops to Poland and, in General, of conducting a possible defensive operation."

As for the alleged preparation for a defensive operation, a number of experts agree that the accumulation of weapons and military equipment from the end of 2016 in the us army Prepared Stock-2 (APS-2) warehouses in Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany (another warehouse is being built in Poland) for an armored division indicates the opposite.

The creation of such capabilities for rapid airlift of troops to the likely theater of operations is most likely carried out in preparation for offensive military operations.

Since in the case of "Russian aggression" it may turn out that there will be nothing to get and nowhere to go, it is obvious that these warehouses will be among the first targets, and it would be more logical to keep troops in place, as during the "cold war".

Therefore, the statements of the Polish political elite about this kind of investment in preparing for a response to" Russian aggression " are doubtful.

Rather, it suggests that Warsaw, wishing to become the main partner of the United States in Europe, is ready to pay any price for everything that the Americans offer. It is interesting that this price has already included part of the independence for which the country fought so hard in the 80-ies of the last century.

Nikolai Astrovsky

14.08.2020 - 4:26

Poland is ready to pay for the crimes of American soldiers
14.08.20 - 4:26
Washington and Warsaw are planning to sign a Declaration on enhanced defense cooperation on August 15. It is known that in the document, the parties finally agreed on the conditions for increasing the number of American troops by one thousand — up to 5.5 thousand troops on Polish territory.

Poland has agreed to bear all the costs of maintaining extraterritorial American bases and soldiers that will be removed from the jurisdiction of Polish law. This was one of the mandatory conditions for expanding the US military presence in the country.

Thus, Warsaw went to a significant deterioration of previous agreements with Washington. Initially, the us military also had a special status, but for crimes not related to military service and committed outside of military bases, they fell under Polish jurisdiction.

Now, if an American soldier commits a crime that is not even related to the service, such as an accident, the American side will arrest him and send him to the United States, where he will be tried.

The White house also "persuaded" Warsaw to agree to the extraterritoriality of US bases in Poland. This means that poles will not be able to enter the territory of US military bases located in Poland without the consent of the American side.

In addition, Warsaw bears the costs of necessary construction or infrastructure improvements:

♦ command post of the headquarters of the 5th army corps;
♦ the headquarters of the US division in Poland in Poznan;
♦ joint combat training center in Dravsko-Pomorsk;
♦ infrastructure facilities for the air force MQ-9 unmanned aerial vehicle squadron in Laska;
♦ airport to ensure the transfer of troops to the region in Wroclaw-Strachowice;
♦ facilities to support air, land and sea operations of special operations forces in Lublin;
♦ infrastructure for armored combat brigade group in the area of żagań-Sventoshov;
♦ fighting brigade of army aviation and combat support battalion in powidz.
It should be emphasized that the head of the Polish national security Bureau, Pavel soloch, said: "the Infrastructure, facilities and warehouses will be prepared for the functioning of the corps, that is, tens of thousands of American soldiers… This will radically increase the possibility of rapid transfer of allied troops to Poland and, in General, of conducting a possible defensive operation."

As for the alleged preparation for a defensive operation, a number of experts agree that the accumulation of weapons and military equipment from the end of 2016 in the us army Prepared Stock-2 (APS-2) warehouses in Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany (another warehouse is being built in Poland) for an armored division indicates the opposite.

The creation of such capabilities for rapid airlift of troops to the likely theater of operations is most likely carried out in preparation for offensive military operations.

Since in the case of "Russian aggression" it may turn out that there will be nothing to get and nowhere to go, it is obvious that these warehouses will be among the first targets, and it would be more logical to keep troops in place, as during the "cold war".

Therefore, the statements of the Polish political elite about this kind of investment in preparing for a response to" Russian aggression " are doubtful.

Rather, it suggests that Warsaw, wishing to become the main partner of the United States in Europe, is ready to pay any price for everything that the Americans offer. It is interesting that this price has already included part of the independence for which the country fought so hard in the 80-ies of the last century.

Nikolai Astrovsky

Yes, the USA prepares for the war, and Poland will be used to this what I was suggesting earlier. The moods in the Middle East and the situation in Belarus, even if; and these military movements suggest that with very high probability, we will witness the start of another war, still in 2020.

Police in Poland have used pepper spray against hundreds of people protesting in Warsaw against a court ruling that almost completely bans abortions.

Protesters clashed with riot police outside the home of Deputy Prime Minister Jaroslaw Kaczynski.

It follows Thursday's ruling from the top court that ending the life of a deformed foetus is unconstitutional.

It means abortion is only valid in cases of rape or incest, or to protect the mother's life.

Back
Top Bottom