Political Ponerology - New Edition (Now Available!)

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
For those of you who haven't seen it on Red Pill Press's Facebook page, a brand new edition of Political Ponerology is now available! New cover, new subtitle ("The Science of Evil, Psychopathy, and the Origins of Totalitarianism"), new foreword by Prof. Michael Rectenwald, more footnotes, newly translated material, and more. The translation has also been updated after close comparison with the Polish edition, making it easier to read than the original edition.

Amazon links:

Added: And now available also from Pilule Rouge

Here's the new cover:
Political_Ponerology_front_cover.jpg

And a few new reviews/endorsements:
“There are only a few books that discuss the origin and nature of totalitarian pathocracies. How does pathological behavior become dominant in a society? Łobaczewski, who lived under communism, provides invaluable psychological analysis of what M. Scott Peck termed ‘the people of the lie.’ Read this valuable work and you’ll better understand.” —Arthur Versluis, author of The New Inquisitions and Conversations in Apocalyptic Times

“Pathocracy is one of those hidden concepts that, once uncovered, suddenly helps to make sense of the world. It explains much of the chaos and suffering which has filled human history, and which still sadly afflicts the world today. For this, we owe Lobaczewski and his book Political Ponerology a massive debt.” —Steve Taylor, PhD, author of DisConnected and The Fall

“Andrew Lobaczewski’s Political Ponerology is crucial reading for understanding, possibly, political theory’s most important, but certainly its most neglected, explanation of modern governance dynamics: the shadowy role of clinical psychopaths in political life. If you want to get past the standard, bridled platitudes of conventional political science, to the real beating heart of human political life, this book is indispensable. Harrison Koehli’s new edition even further enriches the book’s contribution, fleshing out Lobaczewski’s key ideas and arguments with cross-references to his elaborations in other works, not yet available in English. Additionally, Koehli’s new footnotes constitute a catalogue of essential sources for anyone keen to follow the many avenues of exploration radiating out from Lobaczewski’s rich and provocative political analysis.” —Michael McConkey, author of The Managerial Class on Trial

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who haven't seen it on Red Pill Press's Facebook page, a brand new edition of Political Ponerology will be available very soon! New cover, new subtitle ("The Science of Evil, Psychopathy, and the Origins of Totalitarianism"), new foreword by Prof. Michael Rectenwald, more footnotes, newly translated material, and more. The translation has also been updated after close comparison with the Polish edition, making it easier to read than the original edition.

Here's the new cover:
View attachment 56724

That's great, as I'm currently reading again this incredible book, I will be comparing with this newer and better version! Thank you!

Remembering my first reading of PP when there were so many concepts that seemed hard to understand but became much clearer on re-reading and through discussion here from those who had great clarity on the subject and how all of that helped to see the world more objectively, I'm really looking forward to this book and am sure the ideas won't feel as obscure with the new edition.

As an aside, I never imagined would at the beginning of this exercise that I'd have a reading list that does this :lol:

For those of you who haven't seen it on Red Pill Press's Facebook page, a brand new edition of Political Ponerology is now available! New cover, new subtitle ("The Science of Evil, Psychopathy, and the Origins of Totalitarianism"), new foreword by Prof. Michael Rectenwald, more footnotes, newly translated material, and more. The translation has also been updated after close comparison with the Polish edition, making it easier to read than the original edition.

Amazon links:

Here's the new cover:
View attachment 56724

If we already have the kindle version, will that be updated automatically?

As an aside, I never imagined would at the beginning of this exercise that I'd have a reading list that does this :lol:

Tell me about it! :lkj:

Having said that, I will say that I had a chance to read Prof. Michael Rectenwald's terrific Forward as well as AI's great Editor's Introduction - that both do a great service towards introducing the material to the reader. And in addition to the new translation, there are also extensive footnotes added that make this edition, and this book's insights - especially relevant to a number of developments we have seen over the past several years - making this new edition Truly a book for these times we're living in.

ADDED: This new edition (owing to its newness of course!) does not yet have any reviews from readers. So if any of you can write a little something at some point, please do.

Last edited:
Awesome! I'm looking forward to reading this.

I agree with others that the cover has an excellent design. I also like the double meaning of the red pill as well. We know it from the Matrix as a metaphor for waking up. In other political circles it also has a lot of associations with the manosphere/dissident right and related thinkers like Curtis Yarvin and Bronze Age Pervert, who are (as best as I can tell) schizoautistic thinkers that have a lot of blogspace and ink devoted to them in a lot of anti-democratic, anti-egalitarian, and ethnocentric circles on the far right. Depending on what happens in the future, I could easily see that ponerogenic seed sprouting if conditions for a mass social "snapback" against wokeness come to fruition. So, way to be ahead of the curve! 😜

Back
Top Bottom