Positive Dissociation?

The FX Atlanta series produced by Donald Glover and Hiro Murai is a fair representation of today's non-sense in the western society.
I appreciated the objective stance on the depicted events, sometimes meshing with fiction to add a philosophical turn. Gravitating around the music industry business, it mainly deals with USA then with Europe at season 3.
What personally inspired me most has been the ability of the characters to stay loyal to themselves in the face this day-to-day non-sense, for which I doubted myself so much wondering if there was something wrong with my interpretation of the world around me. One of my working points is to stop searching to please others in order to be accepted (I relate to the Autonomy Survival Style), so watching these characters keeping their integrity despite the crisis kind of gave me 'models', eventhough if just in a series.
With 4 seasons of about 10 episodes/30 minutes each, it's pretty easy to watch.
It's also one of the rare contents that made me lough through its honest absurdity.

I generally appreciate Donald Glover's creative work, his past project 'Because The Internet' is pure genius to me in respect of the whole universe he created around it. It played a role in anchoring my realization that "I'm actually not alone seeing what I see", a relief.
D.G. found inspiration in J.D. Salinger's The Catcher In The Rye for the storyline.
Here is the project explained, dissected and analysed in its entirety by Cole Cuchna for the ones interested.
The key phrase being : "Clapping for the wrong reasons."

Back
Top Bottom