Positive Dissociation?

…how do you heal trauma you don’t remember? Auyaska? Well that’s a different topic…
Hi Menna! I am sorry for what happened to you. I can totally relate in healing from a trauma that causes a shock to our body that one can barely remember them. I am still healing from a childhood trauma as well. I had experienced sexual abuse from my uncle when I was 4 until 10 years old. I noticed that my body still remembers it or what my therapist say is still an active memory. Even when typing about it now, my hands feel cold.

Growing up, I remember I tend to have a lot of dissociating moments, always in my imagination and had reactive attachment disorder (RAD). I thought I have gotten over it until I watched Child of Rage last year. I have always wondered why I behaved differently from my siblings and her symptoms was similar to mine but I think hers was extreme and the only time I discovered that there was a term for it which is RAD. I will not dwell about that trauma in this thread but one thing that has helped me was my Bodytalk therapist. She helped me release the deep-seated emotions I never knew was even there. It was messy and very painful on my end and my family didnt know about this.

You can work on it without Ayahuasca's help. There are other alternatives and praying absolutely helped me. It may take time and it is painful but so worth it. You can ask the universe to help you remember or guidance. I also believed that it was an answered prayer and I am thankful for it. I am not fully healed and still has a lot of work to do. hihi

Anyway, regarding positive dissociations, I find watching musical movies like Trolls and The Greatest Showman therapeutic. No intense emotions but just cute stuff and it helps me in keeping myself inspired. I also like The Three Idiots but I find some parts just too sad. haha

Hi Menna! I am sorry for what happened to you. I can totally relate in healing from a trauma that causes a shock to our body that one can barely remember them. I am still healing from a childhood trauma as well. I had experienced sexual abuse from my uncle when I was 4 until 10 years old. I noticed that my body still remembers it or what my therapist say is still an active memory. Even when typing about it now, my hands feel cold.

Growing up, I remember I tend to have a lot of dissociating moments, always in my imagination and had reactive attachment disorder (RAD). I thought I have gotten over it until I watched Child of Rage last year. I have always wondered why I behaved differently from my siblings and her symptoms was similar to mine but I think hers was extreme and the only time I discovered that there was a term for it which is RAD. I will not dwell about that trauma in this thread but one thing that has helped me was my Bodytalk therapist. She helped me release the deep-seated emotions I never knew was even there. It was messy and very painful on my end and my family didnt know about this.

You can work on it without Ayahuasca's help. There are other alternatives and praying absolutely helped me. It may take time and it is painful but so worth it. You can ask the universe to help you remember or guidance. I also believed that it was an answered prayer and I am thankful for it. I am not fully healed and still has a lot of work to do. hihi

Anyway, regarding positive dissociations, I find watching musical movies like Trolls and The Greatest Showman therapeutic. No intense emotions but just cute stuff and it helps me in keeping myself inspired. I also like The Three Idiots but I find some parts just too sad. haha

humbertoemigar1977@, out of curiosity, do you have the possibility to tell me which part of PLux's post, encouraged your "dislike"?
Thanks a lot in advance.

I for one appreciated her post, for the time she took to share an experience that is difficult to heal, knowing that it can help, and that with a sense of humor.

humbertoemigar1977@, out of curiosity, do you have the possibility to tell me which part of PLux's post, encouraged your "dislike"?
Thanks a lot in advance.
I also noticed that and these are the ff reasons I can think:

1. He is south American so my mention of Ayahuasca and telling the guy that there can be other alternatives aside from it is possible can be a thumbs down for him.

2. I reacted a sad emoji to his reaction/statement in his complaint thread. I am genuine with my reaction and he can interpret it however he wants to. I also laughed on other people's response about him.

3. He is feeling bitter or insecure about his experience in the forum and he can still go one with it or detach from whatever that triggers him.

Just my thoughts and it's okay. As what Rancho said in The Three Idiots, ALL IS WELL. ✨😎

If one posts from their being and knowledge at their current state in time with pure positive intentions does the thumbs down without a response or explanation matter or does it tell more about the thumbs down/the person who interpreted the post with their preconceived notions, thoughts, personality and all that? The posts are a reflection of our make up with what we have at current. A dislike or like or so so like is a “click” quick decision after reading something….shouldn’t have bearing on energy

@Princess Lux 🌷 IMO I wouldn’t spend any minutes of mental or emotional time energy on why someone did or didn’t click a button … get 5 pages further in a book you are interested in with that energy…I like to practice letting go by posting without expectation of anything really… likes are nice interactions are nice but I post for the organism that is the forum as a whole from a macro perspective and I interact with a person or thread from a micro perspective. You can give a gift to someone and 5 onlookers/people can have 5 different reactions not knowing why you are giving it to the individual. IMO don’t judge or try and figure out the judger and in general don’t be the “feed” for the Personality Disorder

For me it’s nice to have a like or things of that nature but I posts with effort from who I am and what I see and know and think at current. If someone has a reaction of like or dislike or whatever it’s futile for me to care in any substantial way as the intention remains the same. I can’t elaborate on or impact another’s interpretation unless there is a dialog…I just hope it helped the next person up the ladder in some way shape or form

Last edited:
**** as a regular poster the last post are my thoughts… I understand others are mods and have higher “jobs” within the forum so protection and more time/energy should be spent****

I understand @Menna. I didnt even mind it. It's just that the guy was a personality in the forum a few days ago and since @zak asked, I just shared my thoughts.

No bad energy from me nor was I offended by it. 😁😁😁 All good. 🙏
They might have clicked it by accident as well, it has happened in the past and the person hadn't noticed.

It could be too @lainey.

I believe that the forum is a safe space for everyone to agree or disagree. One thing I love about the forum is I dont have that burden to be kind or try to present myself as someone that should be liked, and dislikes are welcome. :D We all came here to learn which is also my primary intent. I agree with @Menna with what he said with being detached from our statement/s after you have posted them. If someone can benefit from it or not, as long as one isnt trolling, I am in peace that no one makes others feel like they're a loss cause. 😁😁

That's true.. and it is great when one is able to avoid certain interactions, but some are quite simply unavoidable and one's inner peace, IMO, should not depend on that entirely.

I deal with strangers and their inner worlds all day long as part of my job, and this is when the idea of external consideration really pays off, it takes a toll.. but it does help to strengthen this notion of one's inner solidity to be able to navigate the world with people who see the world in a very different way than ours.

In terms of learning, and interactions, I keep in mind JBP's idea that everyone you meet has something to teach you.
Actually being alone is my way of positive dissociation ))
I used to be extremely sociable but with gaining knowledge I started to notice the futility of most of my social contacts as I often stayed such energy drained after it. So I cut off almost 90% of so to say “friends” and didn’t feel lonely or sad but calm and peaceful 💛...Of course I go out and communicate but in a more conscious way🙏
when I’m tired of news, noice or there’s smth on my mind waiting for the answer I feel I need to dissociate a little )) and in this situation I always do smth easy or what may seem meaningless like cleaning , singing, daydreaming smoking cigarette or watching funny movie))
I believe everyone needs some way of positive dissociation to gain balance and energy so to continue to interact in our crazy world and not to get crazy 😅

Actually being alone is my way of positive dissociation ))
I used to be extremely sociable but with gaining knowledge I started to notice the futility of most of my social contacts as I often stayed such energy drained after it. So I cut off almost 90% of so to say “friends” and didn’t feel lonely or sad but calm and peaceful 💛...Of course I go out and communicate but in a more conscious way🙏
when I’m tired of news, noice or there’s smth on my mind waiting for the answer I feel I need to dissociate a little )) and in this situation I always do smth easy or what may seem meaningless like cleaning , singing, daydreaming smoking cigarette or watching funny movie))
I believe everyone needs some way of positive dissociation to gain balance and energy so to continue to interact in our crazy world and not to get crazy 😅
To follow, there’s a good quotation of Andrei Tarkovsky:
“ I would like to tell young people only that they shall learn how to be more alone, to like to be alone with themselves more. The trouble with today's youth is that they are trying to unite on the basis of some noisy actions, sometimes aggressive. This desire to unite in order not to feel alone is a bad symptom. It seems to me that every person should learn from childhood to be alone. It doesn't mean to be lonely. It means not to be bored with yourself. A person who is bored from loneliness is in danger from a moral point of view.”

Here are some excerpts from this article on the tragic death of the boys' adventure novel:

As I have written before, there is a didactic element to fiction. A good story makes moral arguments by showing the result of actions driven by the wants and needs of heroes and villains as they make decisions in the face of challenges and revelations. We, as readers, have the ability to identify with these characters, and thus step into a sort of simulated moral event in which we can experience, in some measure, the results of moral or immoral choices. This simulation helps us learn by example, like an infant trying to copy speech or motions.
Different types of stories offer different strengths arising from what simulated experiences they can provide. A romance plot is of course best suited to teach us about the triumphs and tragedies of love. A bildungsroman is interested in everything attendant to the troubles that go with coming of age. And an adventure story has at its heart a reflection on some of our highest, most vital virtues; those associated with, not only heroism in the face of danger, but the idea that danger must be accepted for the sake of some higher good. Yes, to some degree, the notion that one of narrative's central purposes is to inculcate moral quality is inherently something of a Romantic ideal.
Boys' adventure allows the young man to contextualize heroic virtues within specific examples of the historic milieus that gave them life. This is a valuable and foundational process that reinforces the inculcation of morality by connecting it more directly to reality and to cultural heritage. These stories deliver a piece of the latter to the next generation in more concrete terms than the more attenuated flights of fantasy can offer. Another advantage also arises from the closer adherence of the form to realism. Not only is the reader more directly connected to the historical milieu, he more easily identifies with the hero within that milieu.
The culture-building purpose of literature is maximized by presenting a range of kinds of stories so that no strength, excellence, or virtue is left unserved.
I think he's right.

Here are some excerpts from this article on the tragic death of the boys' adventure novel:

I think he's right.
I bought these classic boy's novels and read them to my son, until he was old enough to read on his own. Dover Thrift Classics are inexpensive books that offer many of this type story. They might cost a little more today, but I paid $1 to $3 per book, new.

“ I would like to tell young people only that they shall learn how to be more alone, to like to be alone with themselves more. The trouble with today's youth is that they are trying to unite on the basis of some noisy actions, sometimes aggressive. This desire to unite in order not to feel alone is a bad symptom. It seems to me that every person should learn from childhood to be alone. It doesn't mean to be lonely. It means not to be bored with yourself. A person who is bored from loneliness is in danger from a moral point of view.”
This is a good quote, and it is sad that kids these days tend to spend more time being lonely than alone, specially with the rise of cellphone use, with all the social media that supposedly supplements company and creates "connection", people are really alone when they live their lives plugged in.

It's ironic because they spend their time checking in on someone else, but in reality, they're completely lonely, even when in company. In a state of dissociation that doesn't lead to connecting with themselves, but rather to disconnect from everyone, including themselves.

Back
Top Bottom