Post-viral fatigue - request for advice

the ketogenic diet is also advised for Alzheimer's, as there seems to be evidence of poor glucose regulation in the brain in Alzheimer's; the brain does it's own insulin processing, and the body being insulin resistant is therefore also bad for the brain metabolism.

It's time for an update. After about three and a half weeks of strict carb limitation (20g daily max), plenty of fats and meat, no sweet stuff whatsoever, no protein restriction, the fatigue disappeared virtually overnight around the 21 December! Just like flicking a switch. I haven't needed to rest during the day, and I've been sleeping better too. Quite amazing! I don't think this newly energized state is going to lead to a relapse, and all being well I will be starting a phased return to work on Monday 9 January. I have to visit my doctor to get him to sign a 'fit for work' note - as if the doc knows my body better than I do! - and I haven't decided yet whether to tell him about the diet, or just to say that the condition cleared up of its own accord. My impression of my doctor is that his attitude is: I'm the doctor and you're the patient and I'll do the diagnosing here.

Endymion said:
It's time for an update. After about three and a half weeks of strict carb limitation (20g daily max), plenty of fats and meat, no sweet stuff whatsoever, no protein restriction, the fatigue disappeared virtually overnight around the 21 December! Just like flicking a switch. I haven't needed to rest during the day, and I've been sleeping better too. Quite amazing! I don't think this newly energized state is going to lead to a relapse, and all being well I will be starting a phased return to work on Monday 9 January. I have to visit my doctor to get him to sign a 'fit for work' note - as if the doc knows my body better than I do! - and I haven't decided yet whether to tell him about the diet, or just to say that the condition cleared up of its own accord. My impression of my doctor is that his attitude is: I'm the doctor and you're the patient and I'll do the diagnosing here.

Great news, Endymion! Keep it up. As for the doctor, probably best to play it by ear, so to say. If he'll ask you if you did anything, maybe you can tell him some details and then watch the response, but if not, best to leave it out. osit.

Congrats Endymion. I'm sure the physical rejuvenation will also lead to some emotional rejuvenation as you feel better about being able to work!

Keit said:
Great news, Endymion! Keep it up.

There's no way I would go back to eating a high carb diet. If a person can get such obvious benefits in only a few weeks, what must be possible with a long-term implementation of this diet?

SeekinTruth said:
This diet truly IS amazing!

Ain't that the truth!!

3D Student said:
I'm sure the physical rejuvenation will also lead to some emotional rejuvenation as you feel better about being able to work!

It already has. I've already noticed that my mood is much more stable and positive. When my energy was really low I dreaded the idea of going back to work. Since the new energy came on-line, I'm feeling really enthusiastic about it.

Endymion said:
Keit said:
Great news, Endymion! Keep it up.

There's no way I would go back to eating a high carb diet. If a person can get such obvious benefits in only a few weeks, what must be possible with a long-term implementation of this diet?

Endymion said:
3D Student said:
I'm sure the physical rejuvenation will also lead to some emotional rejuvenation as you feel better about being able to work!

It already has. I've already noticed that my mood is much more stable and positive. When my energy was really low I dreaded the idea of going back to work. Since the new energy came on-line, I'm feeling really enthusiastic about it.

You did great Endymion! :)

The exact same thing happened to my daughter and me, we're suddenly filled with this new positive energy! Even better, we were given a gift of 'time' - meaning, I don't spent many hours on food shopping and cooking, we don't feel the need for after-lunch break/naps, I don't waste hours on drinking coffee just to keep me moving, etc...

Enjoy your new reality and going back to work :D

Back
Top Bottom