Practice, Persistence and Patience

Turgon

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Just finished watching this testimonial from someone who apparently cured a cancer growth through consistent practice of Joe Dispenza's meditation practices. Whether it was solely based on the meditation, I can't say, but there are certain principles discussed in this video that seem tied to the Work and some of the efforts his students have made in order to make meaningful changes in themselves. I'm sure most everyone here can connect to that in some way. Everyone is going through something, or multiple issues in their lives, whether it's certain beliefs, attitudes, behaviours or trauma's that seem overwhelming or insurmountable, seemingly ingrained and unchangeable. But stories like this show that, as Pete Walker has said, persistence (along with practice and patience), not innate intelligence is the key to a fulfilling life.

Key messages from the above video:

“When you change a belief or perception about your life you have to embody that belief
...mentally rehearse...body is responding to her mind...”
Joe Dispenza

“It easier to disbelieve but you have to keep your vision alive in your mind. ...Install the circuits in your brain for your future self...”

“Low and behold over time the condition [metastised sarcoma] begins to change...”

To sum up it’s okay to have doubt and bad days, but you have to do the work everyday, inspite of doubt and pain. Because the body will change when you show up for yourself everyday.

To sum up it’s okay to have doubt and bad days, but you have to do the work everyday, inspite of doubt and pain. Because the body will change when you show up for yourself everyday.
This is such a crucial idea, I have discovered, and it helps with so much, this notion of showing up to your life with the intention of living, not just showing up.

It carries so much meaning when one thinks about it, because you cannot leave your body.. I mean you can, but you're stuck inside of it, so to speak. So showing up to your life is really the act of choosing to live, not merely to exist.

I prescribe to this wholeheartedly.

In other threads here on the forum, I have minutely discussed my own battles with previously ingrained beliefs, behaviors, attitudes, and particular life choices that led to very insufferable consequences.

When I was first introduced to Laura’s work, in particular “The Wave” series, that was probably one of the most painful epochs of my life. There would be moments when I would have to put the book down and just walk, sometimes for hours at a time, and contemplate just how deep in the thicket I was in. My self worth seemed to plunge just as rapidly as the curtain that fell; the curtain that was disguising the more shameful and less honorable aspects of my character.

The thoughts of all of the terrible choices I had made, all of the people I had hurt, and all of the lies I had told to others and to myself were now in a tirade tantrum; perpetually recurring and animatedly replaying through my waking conscience mind all the way into my dreams—demanding my undivided attention.

It was absolute hell inside of my head for quite a while.. But in retrospect, I can clearly see it as a purification by fire, so to speak.

I understood that although I couldn’t take any of those terrible things back from my past, I could accept that I had lived and acted in ignorance, arrogance, selfishness and entropy, and that part of my life’s lesson profile could come to its proper end and the antithetical part of my journey could begin. ‘The Work’ load I was set to endure was heavy, and was going to require a monumental amount of effort and dedication, but I knew that I wanted absolutely nothing more than to know the Truth and begin to live and exemplify that Truth.. Realigning myself with the forces of Creation and shedding the false attributes I had accumulated and enacted during my waking-slumber.. No matter how long it took me to do so, nor how much I was going to have to struggle to achieve it.

Patience, practice, and persistence gave birth to personal power.

And I’ve found that few things are more enjoyable than sharing that with others who are willing to walk a similar path.

This is such a crucial idea, I have discovered, and it helps with so much, this notion of showing up to your life with the intention of living, not just showing up.

It carries so much meaning when one thinks about it, because you cannot leave your body.. I mean you can, but you're stuck inside of it, so to speak. So showing up to your life is really the act of choosing to live, not merely to exist.

I agree. I have abused my body enough to have expired from this life long ago. But there seems to be something sustaining you enough to choose to live to fulfill your purpose. It's a miraculous thing even when you don't understand it. You don't do the work consciously, but "instititively" you know you must continue.

You may not live as long as you want to, but your presence alone has a meaning to generate a "change" in others to persist. It may not have been fully lived, but what was done to live through that time, the hardships, something means something to those to whom it should mean something. To help them swim to shore.

Just finished watching this testimonial from someone who apparently cured a cancer growth through consistent practice of Joe Dispenza's meditation practices. Whether it was solely based on the meditation, I can't say, but there are certain principles discussed in this video that seem tied to the Work and some of the efforts his students have made in order to make meaningful changes in themselves. I'm sure most everyone here can connect to that in some way. Everyone is going through something, or multiple issues in their lives, whether it's certain beliefs, attitudes, behaviours or trauma's that seem overwhelming or insurmountable, seemingly ingrained and unchangeable. But stories like this show that, as Pete Walker has said, persistence (along with practice and patience), not innate intelligence is the key to a fulfilling life.

Thanks, a friend recommended I listen to one of his meditation videos on Youtube. Suspecting a 'guru', I did a search here on the forum and didn't really see any red flags, maybe some yellow ones. Will proceed with caution. Perhaps I misjudged :-)

Thanks, a friend recommended I listen to one of his meditation videos on Youtube. Suspecting a 'guru', I did a search here on the forum and didn't really see any red flags, maybe some yellow ones. Will proceed with caution. Perhaps I misjudged :-)
Like with most everyone, I try to be skeptical of what he says, but from what I've seen, when his methods are practiced diligently and over time, do invoke real changes in the people who participate. Some have 'mystical' experiences, others do not but there seems to be a period of about 6 months to one year before anything truly noticeable starts to take effect. So it is work and even though simple in application - meditation along with writing and visual exercises - not easy. So, I suspect like with Don Juan's concept of the flyers mind, that with consistency, discipline and super efforts of showing up on a daily basis, eventually a person can gradually start to prune old beliefs, habits and emotions away while installing new 'hardware' of who you want to be. It's a process of conditioning, letting go of anticipation and seems limited by a person's understanding of their core issues and what they want to change and envision for themselves. So having a good understanding of where you err and a network of trusted people to point out blind spots is crucial while being sincere with one's self in the process.

Like with most everyone, I try to be skeptical of what he says, but from what I've seen, when his methods are practiced diligently and over time, do invoke real changes in the people who participate. Some have 'mystical' experiences, others do not but there seems to be a period of about 6 months to one year before anything truly noticeable starts to take effect. So it is work and even though simple in application - meditation along with writing and visual exercises - not easy. So, I suspect like with Don Juan's concept of the flyers mind, that with consistency, discipline and super efforts of showing up on a daily basis, eventually a person can gradually start to prune old beliefs, habits and emotions away while installing new 'hardware' of who you want to be. It's a process of conditioning, letting go of anticipation and seems limited by a person's understanding of their core issues and what they want to change and envision for themselves. So having a good understanding of where you err and a network of trusted people to point out blind spots is crucial while being sincere with one's self in the process.
I listened to part of a Dispensa recording, part because I got very sleepy. I was glad that it was not all 'naval gazing', there were lots of positive reinforcement and some ideas of observing the self from an objective perspective. There are some aspects of the Work, in a gentle format it seems. I agree that how well anything 'works' depends to a significant part on how diligently it is practiced and also applied to life, as well as what the 'aim' of the practitioner is.

I think it was Jay Shetty that said along the lines of showing up and doing the work when it's the hardest is one of the most, if not the most important time to continue doing the work. I think that follows with what you said that showing up with the intention of LIVING it is important. The reason to continue when it's hard/difficult to do so is to show yourself that you do want to live a fulfilling life even if it means overcoming challenges. It's one thing to do the work when it's easy, it's another kind of deep love for ourselves and thus humanity/nature (as we must fill our cup up in order to fully show up for others) when we do it on the hard days/times too.

Back
Top Bottom