Premier vitrail

These are powerful pieces Channa, especially your version of the woodcut from Camille Flammarion's book. If you ever decide to reproduce this I would happily purchase a copy. Do you make them so they can fix to windows? I would truly love to see this with the light flooding through.

I think many of us here can appreciate the hope and faith this picture captures - looks joyous fun doesn't it?!

I have just about every recording of Hildegarde de Bingen's music - never cease to calm and water my soul.

Do you know this piece for example? Especially the first chant... heart stopping

Does she inspire your work?

Bonjour Michael.
Oui, je peux faire des vitraux pour les fixer aux fenêtres de différentes manières car cela dépend de la fenêtre elle-même et du format.
Oui, il semble que ce moine ressemble à un enfant qui a trouvé quelque chose d'inimaginable: un autre univers.
Ou peut-être que ce moine s'est toujours posé beaucoup de questions et a finalement trouvé ce qu'il cherchait ????

Je connais la musique de Hidegarde de Bingen, mais c'est un peu difficile pour moi car les voix sont aiguës et ça ne me convient pas.
Je préfère écouter des voix basses comme dans les chants grégoriens.
Ou Leonard Cohen, dans un autre style: c'est le genre de voix qui m'apaise.

Merci pour votre message.
Channa

Traduit avec www.DeepL.com/Translator (version gratuite)

[QUOTE = "Maat, post: 852862, membre: 4383"]
Vous savez, je suis toujours dérouté par les vieux vitraux, ils ont tellement de nuances, de nuances ... Un art à coup sûr!

Cet été, j'étais à Rouen et j'ai visité l'église Jeanne d'Arc (c'est une chose moderne). J'ai vu les vitraux et je me suis dit, woww, c'est la première fois que je vois des vitraux modernes qui sont si nuancés! MAIS, il y avait des panneaux d'information qui disent que ces vitraux étaient vieux et récupérés ailleurs : lol:

Comme à la cathédrale St Etienne de Metz. Il y a des vitraux modernes de Chagall, mais je vous jure que lorsque vous êtes dedans, il semble que certains enfants aient fait des taches!

Vitraux de la cathédrale de Metz en Moselle Marc Chagall

Non, ils ne peuvent pas rivaliser avec les anciens.

Mais le vôtre semble vraiment bien!
[/CITATION]

Hello Maat
I really like Chagall's paintings.
As I specialize in stained glass painting and restoration, I learn a lot of things
My stained glass window is painted in the classic way with either glass enamels or oxides.
This is how old stained glass windows are made, on transparent or already coloured glass.
On the other hand, the craftsmen who made Chagall's stained-glass windows use another technique, like some contemporary stained-glass artists: it is a work made with acid.
This acid removes some of the colour from the glass, at the desired location, and then another colour can be added.
For that, you need a specialized workshop, with special authorization, because of these acids which are very dangerous.
I don't have this possibility, but I still have so much to learn in the classical technique !!
As you are a resident of Dagobah, you gave me an idea : I always wanted to make a stained glass window representing Yoda and I think I'm going to do it.
But to do this, I first have to get out of the confinement because the oven to bake the glasses is in an Academy of Arts, which is closed for the moment.
I had found this image on the net: parchment from the 14th century ???????

1586186436275.png
Thank you for your message.
Channa

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I had found this image on the net: parchment from the 14th century ???????
Thank you for your message.
Channa

1586186436275.png

Excuse my strange humour Channa but I think that's a 14thC Yoda!! (I didn't know the monks then were into Star Wars!)

Yoda2.jpg

The Jedi have always been with us... may they soon return from exile... please God...

View attachment 35084

Excuse my strange humour Channa but I think that's a 14thC Yoda!! (I didn't know the monks then were into Star Wars!)

View attachment 35083

The Jedi have always been with us... may they soon return from exile... please God...

"When 900 years old you become..."

Looking at that parchment above, it looks like Yoda actually had some hair back in the day!!

Channa, your pieces are exquisite!! Thank you for sharing, especially that first piece. You are very talented.

Thank you for posting these, @Channa! They are just beautiful & very skilfully done!

Merci de les montrer, @Channa ! Elles sont tout simplement magnifiques et très habilement réalisées !

Back
Top Bottom