Putin on TV: Documentaries and TV appearances by the Russian president

Re: The Unknown Vladimir Putin

Being non-American I had to google for Slick Willy to find out you meant Bill Clinton: :lol:

Slick-Willy.jpg

The piano player was singing as well, so hard to tell how much is actually him on lead vocal, but as a charity event, it seems fitting if not friendly like business in a ballroom sized karaoke bar. :cool:

Apparently Putin's divorce is final today.

_http://abcnews.go.com/International/inside-personal-life-russian-president-vladimir-putin/story?id=23161867

Maybe it was already posted somewhere...Putin tells a joke about an American spy that perfectly demonstrates post Soviet Union bureaucracy. :)

https://youtu.be/MbinNj5cZSg

Is Putin incorruptible? U.S. insider's view of the Russian president's character and his country's transformation

http://www.sott.net/article/278407-Is-Putin-incorruptible-US-insiders-view-of-the-Russian-presidents-character-and-his-countrys-transformation

It is astounding to me how much progress Russia has made in the past 14 years since an unknown man with no experience walked into Russia's presidency and took over a country that was flat on its belly.

So why do our leaders and media demean and demonize Putin and Russia???

Like Lady MacBeth, do they protest too much?

Psychologists tell us that people (and countries?) project off on others what they don't want to face in themselves. Others carry our "shadow" when we refuse to own it. We confer on others the very traits that we are horrified to acknowledge in ourselves.

Could this be why we constantly find fault with Putin and Russia?

Could it be that we project on to Putin the sins of ourselves and our leaders?

Could it be that we condemn Russia's corruption, acting like the corruption within our corporate world doesn't exist?

Could it be that we condemn their human rights and LGBT issues, not facing the fact that we haven't solved our own?

Could it be that we accuse Russia of "reconstituting the USSR" - - because of what we do to remain the world's "hegemon"?

Could it be that we project nationalist behaviors on Russia, because that is what we have become and we don't want to face it?

Could it be that we project warmongering off on Russia, because of what we have done over the past several administrations?

Is Putin isolated from the World like some would like to exercise? Only by 1,5 bn (or so) words:

A Google Search of the term "Putin isolated" yields 1,500,000,000 results!

_http://www.tomatobubble.com/putin_isolated.html

Added: Satiric photo comparison Putin vs Obama:

_http://www.tomatobubble.com/putin_obama.html

Laura said:
Is Putin incorruptible? U.S. insider's view of the Russian president's character and his country's transformation

http://www.sott.net/article/278407-Is-Putin-incorruptible-US-insiders-view-of-the-Russian-presidents-character-and-his-countrys-transformation

It is astounding to me how much progress Russia has made in the past 14 years since an unknown man with no experience walked into Russia's presidency and took over a country that was flat on its belly.

In reading information about Putin's history and early childhood, there's a reference that the death of his Brother and the poverty that was part of daily life, deeply affected him. He admired his Mother, for her fortitude and for helping him deal with the depression that followed losing his Brother. It may have been "the awakening" that steered him into Martial Arts and the disciplines that have transformed him into the Statesman we witness now? I tend to see him as a visionary, who seeks beneficial changes and works in stages while acquiring the needed information and knowledge to put his plan into reality. From my perspective, he carefully selects his associates into a working group of professional's who strive towards the same goals. In having studied Law before his acceptance into the KGB, he understands it's mandates and what can or can not be done and often takes measures to reinforce their requirements or elicit changes according to acceptable protocols. The recent change in allowing him, by Law, to appoint Mayor's and Governor's gives him the ability to chose compendent individuals who share the same vision and are willing to work towards the changes needed. I would imagine, the protocols and laws governing them will work as a template for those who come after Putin's Presidency, to continue his foresight and legacy for the greater Russia and for the benefit of it's people.

In another thread, I had erroneously posted a link with a Relgious-bent on Catholic prophecy, which in hindsight, Laura was absolutely correct in her assessment that it was nonsense and given the Catholic legacy of corruption and harm, it was ill-placed. In that regard, I totally agree! Another failure, was in not expressing the reason I inserted it.

In the beginning of the video clip, Putin has been elected to his present Term. Two large doors open, exposing a large white granite hall, flanked by Soldiers every so many feet, along with a wide red carpet. Putin walks up the center of the carpet, to a set of steps leading to a higher platform, which repeats until he reaches the top. It's very impressive, given his age and physical endurance, to ascend to the top of the stairs in an even and steady motion. His composure seemed serious but very Stateman's like and humble. Next, he's standing in front of a podium with a large crowd below him. At the very end of the video, Putin and his Wife are greeted in the Holy Orthodox Church for the Consecration of his Presidency. To me, Putin was the "gem" in the abyss of Hell. A ray of Hope for a new beginning, that would bring order out of chaos and help stamp out the death and destruction, that has been implemented for generations by the Catholic Church and it's minions. I wish, I had been clearer in the beginning, when I posted the link.

Again, Putin is thinking of the future:
_https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/vladimir-putin-s-future-all-russian-limousine-revealed-183721733.html

As the Sochi Olympics and the crisis in the Ukraine demonstrate, Vladimir Putin knows few limits in his drive to strengthen Russia's standing in the world. That push extends to even the smallest details; just last week, he banned cursing in all Russian movies, books and concerts. And for the past couple of years, Putin has personally overseen another effort at building a symbol of Russian strength: a new series of Russian-engineered limousines for himself and other potentates that would project the same kind of power that President Barack Obama's Cadillac does.

Known as "Project Cortege," the plan involves several Russian automakers and, according to reports in Russia last week, engineering input from Porsche. Putin's managers have laid out plans for a whole series of vehicles — limousines, vans and SUVs — built in Russia from a Russian-engineered chassis. While the first prototypes won't be on the road until later this year, and the first vehicles aren't expected to be built until 2016, Russian officials showed off mockups a few weeks ago, complete with massive Russian seals on the doors and steering wheels.

Currently, Putin and his entourage rely on stretched Mercedes-Benz S-Class sedans for official transportation. Obama's Cadillac — known as "The Beast" in diplomatic circles — is actually a rebodied Chevrolet Kodiak medium-duty truck retrofitted with armor panels and other protection by General Motors under the Secret Service's directives. (Cadillac has provided the presidential limo since 1993).

While Russia has several truck makers and smaller car manufacturers who partner with Western firms, Project Cortege requires a new level of engineering resources — enough so that the Putin government is estimated to have dedicated somewhere between $150 million and $400 million to develop the new vehicle line.

In the Soviet era, leaders rode around in squared-off ZIL sedans, and while the company is one of those involved with the new design, Putin has made clear that Soviet-era thinking won't be allowed, reportedly rejecting early designs that were too squared off. By 2016, Putin will only have two years left on his term as Russian president to enjoy riding in the outcome of Project Cortege, although history suggests he'll find a way to keep rolling in power well beyond that deadline.

Vladimir Putin speaking in English in the International Exhibitions Bureau in welcoming other Nations and States to be part of an "International Expo 20/20" in Russia.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awWAd-jdwDg

This short video was published June 12, 2013 and shows Putin's Statesmanship.

angelburst29 said:
Vladimir Putin speaking in English in the International Exhibitions Bureau in welcoming other Nations and States to be part of an "International Expo 20/20" in Russia.

He was probably reading the text, but it was interesting to hear his actual voice since most of what I've seen is him talking with a translator talking over him so you can't really get an impression of his voice. I thought it was really sweet.

I really like Putin. On the one hand, he is super manly. He stands his ground, confronts egregious behavior, and can probably incapacitate a man with his bare hands in dozens of ways. He's aggressive, but not belligerent. He gets stuff done, effectively and authoritatively. On the other hand, he is sensitive, he feels, and he is not afraid of expressing that sensitivity. He cries when he is moved, he smiles genuinely. His aggression is informed by his conscience.

Approaching Infinity said:
I really like Putin. On the one hand, he is super manly. He stands his ground, confronts egregious behavior, and can probably incapacitate a man with his bare hands in dozens of ways. He's aggressive, but not belligerent. He gets stuff done, effectively and authoritatively. On the other hand, he is sensitive, he feels, and he is not afraid of expressing that sensitivity. He cries when he is moved, he smiles genuinely. His aggression is informed by his conscience.

Yes. He reminds me a lot of Ark and Caesar!

angelburst29 said:

Well that was cool, "with pride and dignity". If we make it that far, 20/20 may offer clarity and balance. Good on Putin!

Laura said:
Approaching Infinity said:

Yes. He reminds me a lot of Ark and Caesar!
He know respond brilliantly and with stoic self-control to the idiocies of others (although come from royalty or any Hillary Clinton of this world).

Russian President Vladimir Putin has described the Prince of Wales's reported comparison of him with Adolf Hitler as "unacceptable" and "wrong" and said that remarks of this kind are "not what monarchs do."

Mr Putin's response came just days after Prince Charles was reported to have made the remark in a private conversation during his visit to Canada.

The Russian president was asked for his response by Press Association chief executive Clive Marshall during an interview with the world's leading news agencies in St. Petersburg.

Putin said: "It reminds me of a good proverb: 'You are angry. That means you are wrong.'"

In a direct personal message to the prince, he added: "Give my words to Prince Charles. He has been to our country more than once. If he made such a comparison, it is unacceptable and I am sure he understands that as a man of manners."

Putin added: "I met him personally, as well as other members of the Royal Family. This is not what monarchs do. But over the past few years we have seen so much, nothing surprises me any longer."
_http:/ /www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/05/24/vladimir-putin-prince-charles_n_5386257.html

Because, "If anyone knows real Nazis, it's the Royal Family'
http://www.sott.net/article/279573-Russia-Today-hits-back-at-Prince-Charles-Putin-Hitler-comparison-If-anyone-knows-real-Nazis-its-the-Royal-Family

Back
Top Bottom