Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

Russians will not be able to watch the Apple presentation on March 8
Link

I received a news feed that it is available.

It seems that they made a hint, they said that they will switch off the presentation in Russia, in order to make news about and after an hour they unblocked )
Can anyone with russian ip check if it is available?
There also has to be russian subtitles.

youtube link

apple site

Edit: 2 links were added

Last edited:
Several news sites including the one from Interfax below report that the decree signed today bans and restricts the import and export of goods and raw materials until 31 December 2022 but it does not specify which ones.

Putin signs decree banning or restricting exports from Russia, imports to Russia of certain products, raw materials​

MOSCOW. March 8 (Interfax) - Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree introducing special economic measures in foreign trade for ensuring Russia's security.

The decree introduces certain special economic measures to be in effect until December 31, 2022.

These include "a ban on exports outside of the Russian Federation's territory and (or) imports to the Russian Federation's territory of products and (or) raw materials according to lists determined by the Russian government."

The decree also restricts "exports outside of the Russian Federation's territory and (or) imports to the Russian Federation's territory of products and (or) raw materials according to lists determined by the Russian government."

The decree stipulates that "the measures envisioned by Clause 1 of the decree shall not be applied to products and (or) raw materials exported outside of the Russian Federation's territory and (or) imported to the Russian Federation's territory by citizens of the Russian Federation, foreign citizens, and persons without citizenship for personal use."

The Russian government has been authorized to determine the specifics of employing the measures provided for by Clause 1 of the decree with regard to certain types of products and (or) raw materials, as well as with regard to certain legal entities and (or) individuals.

The government has also been given two days to compile lists of foreign states subject to the measures envisioned by Clause 1 of the decree.

The decree takes effect from the day of its official publication.

The document complements the measures stipulated by the February 28 decree on applying special economic measures in the wake of unfriendly actions going against international law by the United States and foreign countries and international organizations that have joined it and the March 1 decree on additional provisional economic measures to ensure the Russian Federation's financial stability.

Another American provider Telco Lumen (formerly called CenturyLink) suspended relations with Russia:

This is already more interesting than Cogent. Telco Lumen is one of the three largest in the United States, in addition, it owns three dozen data centers, mainly in the United States. in Russia, Lumen's customers are Rostelecom, TTK, as well as the "big three" mobile operators: MTS, MegaFon and VEON (Beeline brand).

PS Disconnecting Russia from the global Internet is hardly possible, because. Russia links Western Europe and Asia (China, Japan) and has its own highways to both Europe and Asia. In addition, another Internet superhighway is being built along the bottom of the sea, along the Arctic coast of Russia (Murmansk-Vladivostok), which has no analogues.

Russians will not be able to watch the Apple presentation on March 8

For your complete peace of mind, I will add that McDonald's has announced the "suspension" of all 850 restaurants in Russia and remind you that Putin has already been stripped of some kind of black belt. We are ready to hang ourselves because it is absolutely unbearable, and you will definitely sleep better

Для полного вашего спокойствия добавлю, что Макдоналдс объявил о "приостановке" деятельности всех 850 ресторанов в России и напомню, что Путина уже лишили какого то черного пояса. Мы уже готовы повеситься ибо это совершенно невыносимо, а вы определенно будете крепче спать

For your complete peace of mind, I will add that McDonald's has announced the "suspension" of all 850 restaurants in Russia and remind you that Putin has already been stripped of some kind of black belt. We are ready to hang ourselves because it is absolutely unbearable, and you will definitely sleep better
I've watched on some Russian YouTube channel (I can read Russian) street interviews with random Russians what they think of the sanctions, a young man answered "I am just a poor college student, what do I care?", but if you are Russian, you can get that.

McDonalds is a multinational company, many restaurants are franchises owned by Russian people employing probably a lot of local college students. Putin may just as well nationalize all of them to prevent job losses or loss of income to small business which translates to loss of revenue to the government, I think he signed a decree for economic assistance to the struggling small business'

This is actually statement in the manner of...

"go to hell usa, if you wish take those damned planes, give to ukraine by yourself and don't play us with this stupid game"

I hope so... at least.

Still, those fighter jets will take off from NATO territory. Be ready, because this war will soon spread to other countries. This is what the US wants. For Europe and Russia to destroy each other.

McDonalds is a multinational company, many restaurants are franchises owned by Russian people employing probably a lot of local college students. Putin may just as well nationalize all of them to prevent job losses or loss of income to small business which translates to loss of revenue to the government, I think he signed a decree for economic assistance to the struggling small business'
On this occasion, there was a statement today by the chairman of the State Duma Volodin about the need to take effective measures to create jobs instead of falling out due to closing enterprises. The government will have to work hard now, let's see what happens

По этому поводу было сегодня высказывание председателя Госдумы Володина о необходимости предпринять действенные меры по созданию рабочих мест вместо выпадающих из-за закрывающихся предприятий. Правительству сейчас придется крепко поработать, посмотрим что получится

https://gab.com/FTMFW
Damn, going to be some price pain in other countries. Russia doesn't care, they have very little debt to service and stock piles of gold that's only going higher.

--------

Senators look to lock down Russia's gold reserves
The goal is to include the legislation in the omnibus spending bill lawmakers hope to pass by Friday.

Scoop: Senators look to lock down Russia's gold reserves​

2f165e6c6f4b7bb7.jpeg

A bipartisan group of senators is introducing a bill to prevent Russia from liquidating gold to withstand biting sanctions.
Why it matters: The sanctions against Russia have frozen the country's foreign exchange assets, but its stockpile of gold could be a lifeline. A measure to close the loophole is yet another indication Congress is looking to get ahead of the Biden administration on punitive measures against Russia.
The details: The bill introduced by Sens. Angus King (I-Maine), John Cornyn (R-Texas), Bill Hagerty (R-Tenn.), and Maggie Hassan (D-N.H) would target Russia's ability to sell gold reserves.
  • It would apply secondary sanctions to any American entities knowingly transacting with or transporting gold from Russia’s central bank holdings, or selling gold physically or electronically in Russia.
  • The goal is to include the legislation in the omnibus spending bill that lawmakers hope to pass by Friday, an aide familiar with the matter told Axios.

Back
Top Bottom