"Puzzling People" by Thomas Sheridan - a puzzling person

Gawan

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I'm almost through the book of Thomas Sheridans: Puzzling people: the labyrinth of the psychopath and imo it gives a great overview of many aspects of psychopaths female and male for example and some hints from behind the curtain. I also like the approach of Sheridan, since for example R. Hare is mainly focussing on criminal psychopaths that the author gives some other views of the day to day characteropath.

The flip-side is imo that Sheridan gives almost no sources where he got the knowledge and facts from he represents. The other minor thing is it has no table of contents, but which is just a minor point, but something I to look at the very first before reading a book and to have a map what is awaiting for me as a reader and I also had the feeling of a cold turkey start when starting to read the book.

But the very nice illustrations for every chapter get then some plus points again. :) Sheridan states at the very beginning of the book that he has not entirely a scientific approach writing about this topic.

All in all it is definitely worth reading reading it and I would recommend it as well.

And starting on page 119 there is a listing of: Is he/she a psychopath? and following: Are you a potential target?
can these lists really taken as indicators?

Re: Puzzling People by Thomas Sheridan

Gawan said:
And starting on page 119 there is a listing of: Is he/she a psychopath? and following: Are you a potential target?
can these lists really taken as indicators?

That was the other part of the book I had questions about too, and why it gets a "4" instead of a "5" from me. According to his "Is he/she a psychopath" list every lesbian I know, as well as most woman in menopause, are a psychopaths. :rolleyes:

I get the impression that the psychopath who victimized him was a either a woman with high testosterone levels, or transgendered, so he thinks it's a trait common to all psychopaths. He's VERY hung up on "testosterone" in women being an indicator of psychopathy, and I've never read or seen any evidence of that?

Quite the opposite in true in my experience. Most of the female psychopath's I've encountered have been "Femme Fatales" and weren't masculine in any way. They were "girly girls" whereas most of the lesbians with high testosterone levels I know are among the most empathic people I've met.

I once worked security for the LPGA tour and either they were the nicest bunch of psychopath's I've ever encountered, or he's flat out wrong about testosterone in women being an indicator.

I think he's totally off base with hormone levels having anything to do with psychopathy at all. From what we know thus far, it has to do with a lack of neuro connections in the frontal lobe? Hormones are part of the glandular system, and can and do change drastically over a person's lifetime. Hormone levels are effected by what we eat, how much we exercise, for women, the health of our ovaries, etc.

Clearly Sheridan is writing from an EXTREMELY limited experience with psychopaths (maybe only one or two) but hey, anything that raises awareness is a good thing, even if he doesn't have all the details down pat yet.

Quite the opposite in true in my experience. Most of the female psychopath's I've encountered have been "Femme Fatales" and weren't masculine an any way.

My experiences with female psychopaths matches Guardians....they were all 'girly girls', a few were playing at being 'bad girls', but were for the most part playing the 'helpless female', or 'victim'.

Sheridan doesn't have a very wide range of experience with psychopaths, osit. His book is still a good basic primer on the subject though.

I wondered about that too. I still am not sure what high testorone levels in women really look like. I don't think that was really explained all that much. I did a little searching on the internet but haven't found anything yet. I have a limited personal experience with females psychopaths. I only knew one personally, and she seemed manly to me not really in the ways she looked so much, or talked, but in the ways she acted. For instance she bossed everyone around (except other psychopaths and those she was wooing temporarily), even her mother and father who acted like her servants, bowed to her sense of entitlement. She would rather be one of the guys drinking them under the table, living at the bar, pool, football, thrill seeker. Girls were more of a nicety to her like decorations. Most girls wouldn't stick around because they found her to be a bossy, a bully, rude, often exhibiting shocking or embarrassing behavior. The guys were less sensitive to it, because there is some kind of culture in America, where people pick on eachother for fun saying just kidding.

Thomas Sheridan and John Lash on the con-artists/useful idiots in the alt. media

Hope this is the right section to post this.

I just listened to this interview with Thomas Sheridan and John Lash. It's the third episode on psychopaths. This time they address the pathological influence on the alternative media, especially calling out con-artists/useful idiots like David Icke, David Wilcock, Hoagland and Michael Tsarion and how they actually play in the hands of the psychopathic elite.. It was refreshing to hear what they had to say for the most part. My only critic is that Sheridan seemed to throw out the baby with the bath water when it comes to the UFO phenomena and channeled material. Basically he's claiming that ALL channeled material is bogus and it seems Lash holds the same view. However, Lash makes a good point about the nonsense in today's UFO-logy movement and recommends the work of John Kneel (Operation Trojan Horse) and Jacques Vallee (Messengers of Deception). He seems to interpret everything through the Gnostic view of the Archons, claiming that everything is a lie (injected by the Archons) when it comes to how people interpret the UFO phenomena nowadays. He does make a very good point about the issue of Disclosure and how it is being used as another distraction from what is really going.

This third talk with Thomas Sheridan and John Lash we shed some light on the shenanigans of certain members of the alternative media scene. Listen with an open mind even if some of your favorites get a bit of a chewing out. This was a fast moving talk that is easily digestible and yet effective in disinfecting rather contaminated air waves of the so called alternative news and interviewing sites on the Internet.

_http://www.blogtalkradio.com/grok-the-talk/2012/05/22/handling-psychopaths-3-with-thomas-sheridan-and-john-lash-1

Does anyone know if Sheridan and Lash are aware of Laura's work? It seems they both could benefit from Laura's work tremendously to help expand their view on these topics.

Re: Thomas Sheridan and John Lash on the con-artists/useful idiots in the alt. media

Does anyone know if Sheridan and Lash are aware of Laura's work? It seems they both could benefit from Laura's work tremendously to help expand their view on these topics.

as far as I know Sheridan has been in (brief) contact with Laura after Phasalis posted on Sheridan´s book Puzzling People (see thread on that topic). He also mentions political ponerology in his reference list for Puzzling People. So at least on the topic of psychopathy he seems to be close to the wavelength. About other material covered by Laura, I would not know. I have no info on Lash to answer your question.

Re: Thomas Sheridan and John Lash on the con-artists/useful idiots in the alt. media

Thomas and Laura are friends on Facebook.
I think that Thomas is shutting the UFO phenomenon out as most people do because he hasn't read and experienced much of it.
and of course it is always much saver and easier to say "it is all just imaginary bogus".

the other thing about Thomas is that he often is to sure of the things he is concluding.
I guess we can't force him or anyone else.
another thing to consider is that he likely can reach a much wider audience on the Topic of Psychopathy with his current UFO attidude !
which is a good thing !

Well after listening to this interview I'm not that sure anymore if Thomas dismisses the UFO Phenomenon as a whole.
it seems like he favourites John Keels point of view on the penomena and just dislikes the "space brother" nonsense and the "Extraterrestrial" hypothesis. he seems to approach this more from a hyperdiminsional or spiritual viewpoint?

I could be wrong about this assessment.....

Pashalis said:
I think that Thomas is shutting the UFO phenomenon out as most people do because he hasn't read and experienced much of it.
and of course it is always much saver and easier to say "it is all just imaginary bogus".

Yeah, seems like it, however I didn't think he was dismissing it as a whole, but "throwing out the baby with the bathwater", probably due to the fact hat he hasn't truly looked into it.

the other thing about Thomas is that he often is to sure of the things he is concluding.
I guess we can't force him or anyone else.

Yes, I got the same impression. He seems VERY sure about some things, which may need more careful consideration.

another thing to consider is that he likely can reach a much wider audience on the Topic of Psychopathy with his current UFO attidude !
which is a good thing !

Agreed, however his "closed mind" about certain things like not considering there is a difference between "critical channeling" vs. the usual New Age candy channels may keep him from connecting more dots. Reading "High Strangeness" may be an eye opener for him, since it also incorporates the topic of psychopathy and it's a good introduction to "critical channeling" of the Cassiopaen experiment. Personally I think that HS is very good introduction to Laura's work in general. That's why I was wondering if he has looked more into Laura's work since much of what he says goes in line with it. On and all he's certainly doing good work and helping spread awareness about Psychopathy. Fwiw.

He also mentions political ponerology in his reference list for Puzzling People. So at least on the topic of psychopathy he seems to be close to the wavelength. About other material covered by Laura, I would not know. I have no info on Lash to answer your question.

I read Sheridan's new book "Defeated Demons: Freedom from Consciousness Parasites in Psychopathic Society" and it was a good read. He recommends sott.net in the back of it as a reference to understand the psychopathic control grid.

ReBecca.S said:
He also mentions political ponerology in his reference list for Puzzling People. So at least on the topic of psychopathy he seems to be close to the wavelength. About other material covered by Laura, I would not know. I have no info on Lash to answer your question.

I read Sheridan's new book "Defeated Demons: Freedom from Consciousness Parasites in Psychopathic Society" and it was a good read. He recommends sott.net in the back of it as a reference to understand the psychopathic control grid.

ohh that's good news I guess

He really missed the boat on the genetics of psychopathy. Of all things to understand about it, that is number one. By buying into the "racism" rant, which is why the whole racism-based-on-ethnicity nonsense was made so obscene in Nazi Germany, it becomes forever untouchable based on the REAL reasons that genetics are important. What the Nazis did with Eugenics not only made the Jews able to rampage at will, it gave the same blanket protection to psychopaths. You could even say that this is the one, major thing that psychopaths want to conceal above all: their genetic origin. So Sheridan really lost the plot there.

I've been really delving into Sheridan a lot lately, and I think he is currently a really good resource. The above 3 issues (seeming dismissal of the UFO phenom, all channeling as "kooky," and the genetic origin of psychopathy) certainly occurred to me as well, and it does seem to be a result of him having extreme confidence in his point of view combined with simple lack of exposure. As we know, this can bring a downfall really fast, if one is susceptible to thinking themselves a guru or spiritual leader. However, I am also friends with him on facebook (as a few other forum members are) and I have seen that he is willing to assimilate the viewpoint of the people invested in his topic discussions from time to time. I've tried to prod him a bit about the genetic origin bit, and he didn't respond, but a number of his "followers" did. To me, this is one of the best things anyone who is benefiting from Sheridan's work as a whole, but still concerned with the things brought up in this thread, can do. Friend him on facebook, and challenge him. If he is actually willing to openly investigate, he will be reinforced by it and we can maybe do our part to help psychically strengthen something that is reaching more and more people every day. fwiw...

It's odd to me that he doesn't consider psychopathy genetic because he is on point about them being not human and being some other type of creature. Seems to me that if you really grok that, then the two go hand in hand. Plus there is evidence to back it up.

Shane said:
It's odd to me that he doesn't consider psychopathy genetic because he is on point about them being not human and being some other type of creature. Seems to me that if you really grok that, then the two go hand in hand. Plus there is evidence to back it up.

Yes, odd indeed. I remember he once posted explicitly and strongly on FB that psychopathy is not genetic. I think he might be into the racism stance, as Laura wrote, and perhaps even so much that his emotional investment in it makes him deny it outright. Thus bringing it up in the discussions on his wall, and even if only for the sake of his readers, might be worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom