Quotes

When you lose, don't lose the lesson - Dalai Lama

The choices you make, not the chances you take, determine your destiny.

I saw this one today:

[quote author=Elizabeth Gilbert]
"People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life."[/quote]

[quote author=C.G. Jung] There is no coming to consciousness without pain.

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes. [/quote]

[quote author=Virginia Satir] Life is not the way its supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference. [/quote]

[quote author=Baroness Orczy] The weariest night, the longest day, sooner or later must perforce come to an end. [/quote]

[quote author=G.I. Gurdjieff] If a man lives without inner struggle, if everything happens to him without opposition...he will remain such as he is. [/quote]

Wisdom from Texas

There is an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.
This year's term was

"Political Correctness."
The winner wrote:

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

hi, could a moderator please amend the bold to italics.. or delete the message as you see fit. on my email system the impact of the bold type was not as heavy/jarring to the eyes as it appears to me here. i realise now that i should have used the preview function. sorry about that :huh:

Meanderthal said:
hi, could a moderator please amend the bold to italics.. or delete the message as you see fit. on my email system the impact of the bold type was not as heavy/jarring to the eyes as it appears to me here. i realise now that i should have used the preview function. sorry about that :huh:

It is done.

Change is the only constant
anonymous

Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become.
anonymous

Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the known to the unknown.
anonymous

Be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi

The time is ripe for looking back over the day, the week, the year, and trying to figure out where we have come from and where we are going to, for sifting through the things we have done and the things we have left undone for a clue to who we are and who, for better or worse, we are becoming. But again and again we avoid the long thoughts. We cling to the present out of wariness of the past. And why not, after all? We get confused. We need such escape as we can find. But there is a deeper need yet, I think, and that is the need — not all the time, surely, but from time to time — to enter that still room within us all where the past lives on as part of the present, where the dead are alive again, where we are the most alive ourselves to turnings and to where our journeys have brought us. The name of the room is Remember — the room where with patience, with charity, with quietness of heart, we remember consciously to remember the lives we have lived. ~ Frederick Buechner

" What doesn't kill us makes us stronger."
Friedrich Nietzsche

I still live, I still think: I still have to live, for I still have to think.
Friedrich Nietzsche

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
Friedrich Nietzsche

I have tears coming up as I am re-reading this one:

\\\http://www.free-meditation.ca/archives/482

Charlie Chaplin on his 70th birthday: As I Began to Love Myself

As I began to love myself I found that anguish and emotional suffering are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth.
Today, I know, this is "AUTHENTICITY".

As I began to love myself I understood how much it can offend somebody as I try to force my desires on this person, even though I knew the time was not right and the person was not ready for it, and even though this person was me.
Today I call it "RESPECT".

As I began to love myself I stopped craving for a different life, and I could see that everything that surrounded me was inviting me to grow.
Today I call it "Maturity".

As I began to love myself I understood that at any circumstance, I am in the right place at the right time, and everything happens at the exactly right moment. So I could be calm.
Today I call it "SELF-CONFIDENCE".

As I began to love myself I quit stealing my own time, and I stopped designing huge projects for the future. Today, I only do what brings me joy and happiness, things I love to do and that make my heart cheer, and I do them in my own way and in my own rhythm.
Today I call it "SIMPLICITY".

As I began to love myself I freed myself of anything that is no good for my health - food, people, things, situations, and everything the drew me down and away from myself. At first I called this attitude a healthy egoism.
Today I know it is "LOVE OF ONESELF".

As I began to love myself I quit trying to always be right, and ever since I was wrong less of the time.
Today I discovered that is "MODESTY".

As I began to love myself I refused to go on living in the past and worry about the future. Now, I only live for the moment, where EVERYTHING is happening.
Today I live each day, day by day, and I call it "FULFILLMENT".

As I began to love myself I recognized that my mind can disturb me and it can make me sick. But as I connected it to my heart, my mind became a valuable ally.
Today I call this connection "WISDOM OF THE HEART".

We no longer need to fear arguments, confrontations or any kind of problems with ourselves or others.

Even stars collide, and out of their crashing new worlds are born.

Today I know THAT IS "LIFE"!

Hildegarda said:
I have tears coming up as I am re-reading this one:

\\\http://www.free-meditation.ca/archives/482

Thank you Hildegarda for sharing that with us.

So beautiful and so true.

Back
Top Bottom