Radio show announcement - New weekly show: 'The Truth Perspective'

Mariama

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I was also thinking about all those (Syrian) refugees all over the world that suffer the same plight as the homeless. If you look at these pictures of kids who wander about in a t-shirt only through the snow in the Middle East, it is heart-wrenching.
Even in a rich country like Holland Iraqi refugees at one point were given tents in the middle of winter while it was raining and the camp site was one big pool of mud.
All those people that lost their homes in Gaza last summer are now homeless, too and in this weather it is the absolute pits.
 

A Jay

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Mariama said:
I was also thinking about all those (Syrian) refugees all over the world that suffer the same plight as the homeless. If you look at these pictures of kids who wander about in a t-shirt only through the snow in the Middle East, it is heart-wrenching.
Even in a rich country like Holland Iraqi refugees at one point were given tents in the middle of winter while it was raining and the camp site was one big pool of mud.
All those people that lost their homes in Gaza last summer are now homeless, too and in this weather it is the absolute pits.

How many children worldwide are orphans because of Western interventionism? How many families lost their homes in places like Libya, Pakistan, Palestine, etc. because of those same policies?

Thinking about what the actual number might look like, the untold billions of people over the years :cry:, makes you want to break out the tar and feathers. :mad:
 

Redrock12

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
A Jay said:
Mariama said:
I was also thinking about all those (Syrian) refugees all over the world that suffer the same plight as the homeless. If you look at these pictures of kids who wander about in a t-shirt only through the snow in the Middle East, it is heart-wrenching.
Even in a rich country like Holland Iraqi refugees at one point were given tents in the middle of winter while it was raining and the camp site was one big pool of mud.
All those people that lost their homes in Gaza last summer are now homeless, too and in this weather it is the absolute pits.

How many children worldwide are orphans because of Western interventionism? How many families lost their homes in places like Libya, Pakistan, Palestine, etc. because of those same policies?

Thinking about what the actual number might look like, the untold billions of people over the years :cry:, makes you want to break out the tar and feathers. :mad:

Well said Mariama and A Jay.
I live in a small Canadian city that has a Nato air training base. A friend of mine, who was part of the UN peacekeeping force in the 1967 war in the Golan and frequents the local Safeway Starbucks, once asked one of the instructors who took part in the Libya bombing campaign how he could sleep nights knowing that he had probably killed and maimed innocent children, women, and men, as well as destroying homes and infrastructure. That instructor hung his head in shame and did not show his face ever again when my friend was present.
Personally, I find the whole lot of these people repugnant. They parade around town in their flight suits and uniforms like they're some kind of heroes, when in reality they're nothing more than a bunch of murdering war criminals. :mad:
 

Arwenn

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Redrock12 said:
A Jay said:
Mariama said:
I was also thinking about all those (Syrian) refugees all over the world that suffer the same plight as the homeless. If you look at these pictures of kids who wander about in a t-shirt only through the snow in the Middle East, it is heart-wrenching.
Even in a rich country like Holland Iraqi refugees at one point were given tents in the middle of winter while it was raining and the camp site was one big pool of mud.
All those people that lost their homes in Gaza last summer are now homeless, too and in this weather it is the absolute pits.

How many children worldwide are orphans because of Western interventionism? How many families lost their homes in places like Libya, Pakistan, Palestine, etc. because of those same policies?

Thinking about what the actual number might look like, the untold billions of people over the years :cry:, makes you want to break out the tar and feathers. :mad:

Well said Mariama and A Jay.
I live in a small Canadian city that has a Nato air training base. A friend of mine, who was part of the UN peacekeeping force in the 1967 war in the Golan and frequents the local Safeway Starbucks, once asked one of the instructors who took part in the Libya bombing campaign how he could sleep nights knowing that he had probably killed and maimed innocent children, women, and men, as well as destroying homes and infrastructure. That instructor hung his head in shame and did not show his face ever again when my friend was present.
Personally, I find the whole lot of these people repugnant. They parade around town in their flight suits and uniforms like they're some kind of heroes, when in reality they're nothing more than a bunch of murdering war criminals. :mad:

Which is why I can't bring myself to watch American Sniper. Really great show guys, quite heart wrenching actually.
 

luc

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I'd like to thank you guys for the homeless show. Really heartbreaking cases that you mentioned. The show really expanded my horizon - I must admit that I was still running the program/official narrative that "everyone could find a home if they just try", "they just use the money on alcohol" etc. - quite embarrassing, actually :/ But no more. The least one can do I think is pay attention to these poor people, and drop some money in their baskets, and generally help them if there's an opportunity. Best would be of course to support the "good shelters". Thanks again for completely changing my perspective here.
 

Human

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Just a notice that on SOTT page it still says that show starts at 8 PM CET:

On Saturdays, host and Sott.net writer Harrison Koehli and friends bring you insightful commentary and analysis on current events from a US-based perspective in 'The Truth Perspective' show, broadcast from 2-3pm EST (8-9pm CET).
 

Voyageur

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Thanks for the show guys. Nice to hear from Alexandra Halaby again and the work she is doing.

Crappy about one of the big five bank stealing you childhood savings, Harrison - good grief.

The last segment with the police and the fellow who had his bike stolen, well that was interesting. Reminded me of the SoTT story 'The real life Serpico: The police are still out of control'. When I was a kid I ran out of gas very late at night traveling across Canada in a place somewhere north of Thunderbay, Ontario - closer to Hurst (which is remote). Along comes a cruiser and asks me, "what's up" - they guy ended up driving me into town, found a gas can and then drove me back so I could be on my way. This is likley the type of cop who this guy with the bike met. Today, as the older cop said of the younger ones, they are scary - which points the police psychological screening tests; they have none.
 

Redrock12

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Kudos for another great show guys. And nice to hear from Alexandra Chalaby again.
She is truly a very special person.
Geez, the banks are even stealing from kids. There's nothing they wouldn't do for a few bucks. Well, if they can fund both opposing sides in a war, what's the big deal about cleaning out a little kid's bank account?
Back around 1996-97 a CIBC bank on the Sunshine Coast of BC closed out a woman's account that had $20k in it. The reason they gave? It had been inactive for five straight years, so the banks "policy" was to automatically close out such accounts, without trying to contact the account holder. Luckily for her, CTV BC picked up the story and ran it provincially. As it so happened, the local Pulp and Paper Workers Union had a humungous account with the same branch and threatened to close out the account if the woman's money wasn't returned to her immediately. CIBC returned the woman's money, but if I'm not mistaken I think the PPU closed out their account anyway.
There are other horror bank stories of a more personal nature, which is the reason I have been dealing with a credit union for the past 20 years.
 

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Redrock12 said:
Geez, the banks are even stealing from kids. There's nothing they wouldn't do for a few bucks. Well, if they can fund both opposing sides in a war, what's the big deal about cleaning out a little kid's bank account?
Back around 1996-97 a CIBC bank on the Sunshine Coast of BC closed out a woman's account that had $20k in it. The reason they gave? It had been inactive for five straight years, so the banks "policy" was to automatically close out such accounts, without trying to contact the account holder. Luckily for her, CTV BC picked up the story and ran it provincially. As it so happened, the local Pulp and Paper Workers Union had a humungous account with the same branch and threatened to close out the account if the woman's money wasn't returned to her immediately. CIBC returned the woman's money, but if I'm not mistaken I think the PPU closed out their account anyway.

Yeah, it was a CIBC bank that stole my money too. Evil. :mad:
 

Redrock12

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Approaching Infinity said:
Redrock12 said:
Geez, the banks are even stealing from kids. There's nothing they wouldn't do for a few bucks. Well, if they can fund both opposing sides in a war, what's the big deal about cleaning out a little kid's bank account?
Back around 1996-97 a CIBC bank on the Sunshine Coast of BC closed out a woman's account that had $20k in it. The reason they gave? It had been inactive for five straight years, so the banks "policy" was to automatically close out such accounts, without trying to contact the account holder. Luckily for her, CTV BC picked up the story and ran it provincially. As it so happened, the local Pulp and Paper Workers Union had a humungous account with the same branch and threatened to close out the account if the woman's money wasn't returned to her immediately. CIBC returned the woman's money, but if I'm not mistaken I think the PPU closed out their account anyway.

Yeah, it was a CIBC bank that stole my money too. Evil. :mad:

I have other bank horror stories within my immediate family, but without getting into them, just let me offer some advice, based on personal experience. Close out your bank accounts folks, and start dealing with a credit union. I've been with them for twenty years and have never had a problem. They have always been courteous and fair, have been up front with minimal service fees, and invest back into the local community, instead of the profits going to a head office in Toronto, New York, or London, and grossly overpaid CEOs and executives. As well, they treat their employees with respect and pay them better than the banks. They also have a board elected by the membership, and overall are totally transparent in their policies.
Credit unions in Canada have an interlinked ATM system where you can use any credit union ATM anywhere in Canada for free. It's called DING FREE.
Fwiw.
 

Ennio

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Tune in:

This week’s guest on The Truth Perspective is Fernando “Ferfal” Aguirre. Fernando was a firsthand witness of the many tumultuous changes that occurred in the early 2000’s when Argentina saw a collapse in its economy. Finding a whole new and dangerous set of circumstances under which he was living, he had to find new approaches to the challenges of daily living, providing for his family, and keeping them in safety.

Fernando is the author of Surviving the Economic Collapse, which is an account of his many experiences and the insights he has gleaned from them. He is also well known for his Blog, Survival in Argentina, where he regularly posts information about what he sees in the world today, as well as daily tips and reviews of survival products: http://ferfal.blogspot.com/

The Truth Perspective is brought to you by the SOTT Radio Network and SOTT.net, your one-stop source for independent, unbiased, alternative news and commentary on world events.
;)
 

Mariama

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Thanks for yesterday's show, people!

I have been thinking about Putin quite a lot these past few months. Maybe we should change the idea of what a saint really is as Elan (?) suggested. I agree, over the years Putin has changed a great deal. Maybe he received several shocks to his system - a.o. five attempts on his life were made according to the video on YouTube The Unknown Putin- and shocks can be a turning point as we well know.
I also think (and I could be completely wrong) that his face and demeanour has changed over the years. His face seems to have become softer and it may sound strange, but he looks happier, despite all these stunts the PTB have been trying to pull on him. IMO he has clearly risen to the occasion. If he knows how important his work is for the world this may relieve him of stress, just as these people that volunteer are less stressed by events as you pointed out.

To me he is like a role model and when I wrote to him a few weeks ago I did tell him that this is the way I see him. A role model doesn't have to be perfect. :)
 

herondancer

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
I agree that a saint can still be flawed. It's the striving that counts. It sets the example for those around them, and gives hope that we can improve too. I sent another letter a couple of days ago to wish him happy Orthodox Easter. If the members of the forum could write on a regular basis, it may be a small but important sign of support. When I look at the form, it seems to be set up for people to register requests and complaints. That's fine, it's a way to keep a eye on what people are concerned about in Russia. But it can't help but be encouraging to get a note every now and again that is simply appreciative for all the hard work Putin and his staff are doing.
 

A Jay

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
herondancer said:
I agree that a saint can still be flawed. It's the striving that counts. It sets the example for those around them, and gives hope that we can improve too. I sent another letter a couple of days ago to wish him happy Orthodox Easter. If the members of the forum could write on a regular basis, it may be a small but important sign of support. When I look at the form, it seems to be set up for people to register requests and complaints. That's fine, it's a way to keep a eye on what people are concerned about in Russia. But it can't help but be encouraging to get a note every now and again that is simply appreciative for all the hard work Putin and his staff are doing.

I think that's a really good idea! I'll look at a calendar of Russian holidays and will try and keep a steady stream of supportive letters when I feel it's appropriate.

P.S. - Great job Shane on your first show! I thought you did a great job co-hosting! :thup:
 

Voyageur

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
A Jay said:
herondancer said:
I agree that a saint can still be flawed. It's the striving that counts. It sets the example for those around them, and gives hope that we can improve too. I sent another letter a couple of days ago to wish him happy Orthodox Easter. If the members of the forum could write on a regular basis, it may be a small but important sign of support. When I look at the form, it seems to be set up for people to register requests and complaints. That's fine, it's a way to keep a eye on what people are concerned about in Russia. But it can't help but be encouraging to get a note every now and again that is simply appreciative for all the hard work Putin and his staff are doing.

I think that's a really good idea! I'll look at a calendar of Russian holidays and will try and keep a steady stream of supportive letters when I feel it's appropriate.

P.S. - Great job Shane on your first show! I thought you did a great job co-hosting! :thup:

I've written offering encouragement and support and will continue to do so.

It is very disheartening hearing from my fellow citizens parroting MSN disdain, especially directed as it is in Russia to Putin alone. Tonight met with some co-workers; one new. He idly talked of Alberta and oil prices and then said the problem was the House of Saud's oil production spikes and I offered the usual demands from Kerry types to undermine the Russians. This new guy took that as a cue to explain that he was very knowledgeable about politics and agreed. He then went on to offer up examples of Russia and what they have done to Ukraine and Crimea, how Putin was just evil Nazi - oh boy, wrong bar, this was not going well. I asked him just what is it Putin has done? He exploded in a litany of MSN typical lies in support of Ukraine - his foundation was set. This is such a sad thing.

Nice hearing you on the air, too, Shane; great job!
 
Top Bottom